Pink Floyd

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To take this full circle, I listen to Dark Side of the Moon on my dad's vinyl. The subtle crackle enhances my Dark Side experience. It adds to the atmosphere for me.

But I cannot say that is true for any of the other albums we own. I have my dads original Deep Purple, Santana, Beatles, Stones, Zep, Hendrix on vinyl. They all sound better on CD and most even better on my phone with $20 mpow ear buds LOL And after all that, I dont have a strong preference for any particular music medium to be honest.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
To take this full circle, I listen to Dark Side of the Moon on my dad's vinyl. The subtle crackle enhances my Dark Side experience. It adds to the atmosphere for me.

But I cannot say that is true for any of the other albums we own. I have my dads original Deep Purple, Santana, Beatles, Stones, Zep, Hendrix on vinyl. They all sound better on CD and most even better on my phone with $20 mpow ear buds LOL And after all that, I dont have a strong preference for any particular music medium to be honest.
Yeah but those have been recorded decades ago. I'm talking mainly about freshly produced / remastered recordings on vinyl. But this in not important anyways. The main point was that many (if not most?) who buy vinyls don't give a **** about it being 'retro' (and if someone does - that's cool aswell). It's all the stuff mentioned in this thread + actually liking the way they sound.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i don't give a damn what medium it is played on david gilmour live at pompeii 2016 is a masterpiece.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
pink floyd is comfort food--mac n cheese

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
What if I said 8 tracks sound best to me? Or cassette tapes? You would think I was a complete idiot. Vinyl is just in vogue because it's retro and hipsters love everything retro.

You shîtty computer speakers might play it and it sounds awful to you. But if you get some quality speakers, like Bose, everything will sound much better than vinyl.

Vinyl is better than digital all day long.........And when you say to listen to it on quality speakers like Bose you just concurred that you have no idea what the hell you are talking about........Bose are trash...............and I can publish some studies showing just how awful they are.......................

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Vinyl is better than digital all day long.........And when you say to listen to it on quality speakers like Bose you just concurred that you have no idea what the hell you are talking about........Bose are trash...............and I can publish some studies showing just how awful they are.......................
Doucheine is banned, don't bother. And even if he wasn't, don't bother.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
please keep the conversation on topic--what are your thought on pink floyd and david gilmour---just got thru listening to david gilmour live at pompei, i think 'the blue' is underated-thoughts?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is what I listen to many times I want to relax:

check out Marooned [1 hour version]

i love floyd and gilmours guitar touches my soul.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
The Live at Pompei is awesome on blue-ray on my home system.......great video and audio quality!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
does anyone else think gilmour's guitar on 'sorrow' sounds like whales crying?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
run...

run like hell-live pulse

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
david gilmour-comfortably numb live at pompeii 2016....mr gilmour was 70 years old at the time he played what many consider the best guitar solo of all time.

this video on youtube has well over 11 million views.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
pink floyd-DOGS

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The most uncanny tribute to Hendrix…Voice, guitar tone/technique, band…