Pink Floyd

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is my longest Longshot post I've ever had. My 4 year old and I have been falling asleep to an acoustic guitar instrumental cover of Pink's Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon almost every night for the past year. It was an absolutely brilliant cover of 1 of my favorite albums ever!

This cover was on YouTube and has recently had been deleted. I am a complete idiot for not making any record of who the musician was that has brought joy to me and my son. I'd buy the CD or digital version or subscribe to whatever Patreon the person had if someone has any clue what I'm referring to.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found about a dozen different acoustic covers of DSOTM with a simple search. If there was a particular one you are looking for and can't remember the name, I think you're out of luck.

I couldn't find anything on Spotify or Soundcloud though.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
david gilmour often imitated but never bested.

@celc5 find the live at pompeii david gilmour on youtube---i bought the double cd and it is fantastic, david gilmour is a brilliant guitarist, imo....in particular you should look for the songs THE BLUE and COMFORTABLY NUMB, gilmour was in his 70s when he did this live concert and many say his solo on comfortably numb is the greatest guitar solo of all time.

the chill factor of the song THE BLUE is remarkable, it actually feels spiritual-to me at least-but i am a huge gilmour fan and could rip off a list of his songs that touches my soul

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hell ya! Gilmour is awesome. I'll definitely check out that concert. I've been introducing the kids to music and that can be on our Playlist tonight!

I've seen a few people describe Pink Floyd's soulful sound as "ambient blues." Its a pretty one of a kind sound!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hell ya! Gilmour is awesome. I'll definitely check out that concert. I've been introducing the kids to music and that can be on our Playlist tonight!

I've seen a few people describe Pink Floyd's soulful sound as "ambient blues." Its a pretty one of a kind sound!
you don't listen to david gilmour play guitar---you experience it....think about the roots of pink floyd, back in the day it was considered psychedelic rock which was mainly LSD influenced--and LSD back then was thought of as a way to enlightenment....these days pink floyd is both my drug and my enlightenment....pink floyd music takes me to a better place.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

make sure you listen to that live version of THE BLUE, very soulful song and i like that live in pompeii version best.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
make sure you listen to that live version of THE BLUE, very soulful song and i like that live in pompeii version best.
Really cool song T! I've never heard that one before. My kids and I enjoyed that whole Pompeii Playlist.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Really cool song T! I've never heard that one before. My kids and I enjoyed that whole Pompeii Playlist.
hard to believe his playing and voice still sound so good at 70 years old-eh?

that whole pompeii concert was a live concept album masterpiece-just like darkside it should be listened to from start to finish....

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The band hasn't been the same since Roger Waters left, IMO. I can go to sleep at night listening to the original Pink Floyd in a mix of DSOTM, The Wall, and Final Cut. Wish you were here is also a good addition.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The band hasn't been the same since Roger Waters left, IMO. I can go to sleep at night listening to the original Pink Floyd in a mix of DSOTM, The Wall, and Final Cut. Wish you were here is also a good addition.
you should check out the live pulse cd---rogers waters is not missed, imo. mason/wright are fantastic and without waters ego the emphasis is more on gilmours guitar which for me is the star of the show...check out the david gilmour live at pompeii 2016-gilmour is in his 70s and his vocals and solo's are as good or better than ever..

comparing waters to gilmour is like comparing bieber to led zeppelin, imo.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you should check out the live pulse cd---rogers waters is not missed, imo. mason/wright are fantastic and without waters ego the emphasis is more on gilmours guitar which for me is the star of the show...check out the david gilmour live at pompeii 2016-gilmour is in his 70s and his vocals and solo's are as good or better than ever..

comparing waters to gilmour is like comparing bieber to led zeppelin, imo.

Well, I can't speak on the guitar, but I just thought Waters writing was better. The messages on the albums are just more potent, more real and true to life IMO.

Interestingly enough, they used wine glasses to record the first parts of 'Wish You Were Here'.

Btw, did you know there's a secret easter egg from The Division Bell that's never been solved?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad to see so many PF fans here!! My parents raised me on Floyd.. @thebigt that Beiber quote had me lmao!!🤣🤣

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Glad to see so many PF fans here!! My parents raised me on Floyd.. @thebigt that Beiber quote had me lmao!!🤣🤣
i was a 15 year old pothead in 72 when dark side came out...FM radio was just getting going up till then it was 3 minute songs on AM....there was a FM stationed called wnap that played album versions of songs, when dark side came out they decided to play the entire album commercial free....wow-i was totally blown away!!!! been a floyd fan every since and own every album on vinyl.

google wnap raft race...for a few years back in the 70's wnap sponsored a rafy race which was homemade rafts 'racing' down the white river....a bunch of local bands and usually at least one big name band every year---saw the original james gang with joe walsh, aerosmith and reo speedwagon back when they still had gary richrath on guitar....and best of all it was 100% FREE

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i was a 15 year old pothead in 72 when dark side came out...FM radio was just getting going up till then it was 3 minute songs on AM....there was a FM stationed called wnap that played album versions of songs, when dark side came out they decided to play the entire album commercial free....wow-i was totally blown away!!!! been a floyd fan every since and own every album on vinyl.

google wnap raft race...for a few years back in the 70's wnap sponsored a rafy race which was homemade rafts 'racing' down the white river....a bunch of local bands and usually at least one big name band every year---saw the original james gang with joe walsh, aerosmith and reo speedwagon back when they still had gary richrath on guitar....and best of all it was 100% FREE
I remember the days in radio but I was born later than you. I also remember when napster came out in about 2000 (interesting factoid - I used to know the guy who ran napster before it got popular). Then we could FINALLY download music without having to pay $20 for a CD with one good song on it. We were also exposed to music we'd never heard of. I would have never heard of ABBA if it wasn't for file sharing platforms and a bunch of other artists. Nowadays, I pay for my music through YouTube Music and I have a free 6 month trial of Spotify as a special gift from a company I use.

It's amazing that the record companies and RIAA finally realized people should be able to stream music and listen to individual tracks they want. It was a long and hard struggle, but we finally overcame it.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You remember the King Biscuit Flower hour!!?? Our local rock station up in Michigan played it, I think on Friday or Saturday nights. Live concerts. Loved it!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You remember the King Biscuit Flower hour!!?? Our local rock station up in Michigan played it, I think on Friday or Saturday nights. Live concerts. Loved it!
absolutely, dr demento too---you old enough to remember don kirshners rock concert? i used to go to a lot of concerts back in the day-festival seating for $5, saw kiss original genesis, aerosmith about 5 times, reo speedwagon, tons of others...but watching don kirshners rock concert was the 1st time putting a face to the music except for album covers--seeing black sabbath on there in 75 was awesome....google black sabbath on don kirshners rock concert it's remastered on youtube and actually sounds pretty good.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I remember the days in radio but I was born later than you. I also remember when napster came out in about 2000 (interesting factoid - I used to know the guy who ran napster before it got popular). Then we could FINALLY download music without having to pay $20 for a CD with one good song on it. We were also exposed to music we'd never heard of. I would have never heard of ABBA if it wasn't for file sharing platforms and a bunch of other artists. Nowadays, I pay for my music through YouTube Music and I have a free 6 month trial of Spotify as a special gift from a company I use.

It's amazing that the record companies and RIAA finally realized people should be able to stream music and listen to individual tracks they want. It was a long and hard struggle, but we finally overcame it.
back in the 70s it was great buying albums on vinyl, the artwork was awesome and the vinyl sound can't be beat---besides that look at the great music we had back in the 70s the albums back then were filled with great songs, my generation had the best music-hands down!!!

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
back in the 70s it was great buying albums on vinyl, the artwork was awesome and the vinyl sound can't be beat---besides that look at the great music we had back in the 70s the albums back then were filled with great songs, my generation had the best music-hands down!!!
I don't disagree that the 70s had great sounds, but so did the 80s and especially the 90s. We all have rose colored nostalgia glasses for the music we grew up listening too though. :cool:

Whenever anyone raves about vinyl, I always think of this clip from The Cleveland Show and laugh.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This!! Opening up the album cover for the 1st time was an experience!! The art. The lyrics. The stories. Nobody bought a record back then and didn't read every single word written on all sides of the cover..

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This!! Opening up the album cover for the 1st time was an experience!! The art. The lyrics. The stories. Nobody bought a record back then and didn't read every single word written on all sides of the cover..
Yeah, cover art and sleeves are a lost art. Like the jacket for Physical Graffiti was genius, but you couldn't do that today, although I guess you have some vinyl enthusiasts who are bringing it back just because it's "retro".

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I saw a bunch of albums at Walmart about a month ago. I put all the good ones up front! AC/DC, Sabbath, Def Leppard..
lol...i still had over a hundred 70s original albums that i had stored at my moms house-i had forgotten about them until i found them when my sister and i had to move everything out of moms house to sell it when mom had to go to assisted living-it was like finding treasure...

btw-did you google wnap raft race--google image it, some of those pics are pretty crazy, but the 70s was drug fueled, lol.

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, cover art and sleeves are a lost art. Like the jacket for Physical Graffiti was genius, but you couldn't do that today, although I guess you have some vinyl enthusiasts who are bringing it back just because it's "retro".
They're not brought back just cause' they're 'retro'. The analog sound is different and smoother than digital. At least here in Europe the vinyls have been gaining popularity quite some time now. The vinyls bring back the excitement of owning an album with all the things mentioned in this thread like the cover art and all that. It's also good for artists as it's the only way nowadays to sell actual records and it has been driving artists to release actual albums a bit more compared to just releasing singles here and there. The vinyls are a great thing imo.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They're not brought back just cause' they're 'retro'. The analog sound is different and smoother than digital.
That's demonstrably false. There is no way vinyl sounds as good as a digital recording like FLAC.

At least here in Europe the vinyls have been gaining popularity quite some time now. The vinyls bring back the excitement of owning an album with all the things mentioned in this thread like the cover art and all that. It's also good for artists as it's the only way nowadays to sell actual records and it has been driving artists to release actual albums a bit more compared to just releasing singles here and there. The vinyls are a great thing imo.
That's understand. People want to own something tangible, instead of just streaming everything, you have something fun you can listen to with your friends. Vinyl is neat, you can watch the needle scratch the record and watch it play and skip to the next song. It's very cool.

But superior to digital? No way.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's demonstrably false. There is no way vinyl sounds as good as a digital recording like FLAC.

That's understand. People want to own something tangible, instead of just streaming everything, you have something fun you can listen to with your friends. Vinyl is neat, you can watch the needle scratch the record and watch it play and skip to the next song. It's very cool.

But superior to digital? No way.
Well it allways comes down to the source of the sound of course, which is the bottle neck with creating sound allways. Like a 10 000 $ sound system don't mean anything if you play something from YT. But if you play something on spotify and play the same song on vinyl with the same speakers/sound system, the vinyl is smoother and warmer. Now which is better is down to taste. But if I say I like more vinyl, it's demostractly better right there.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well it allways comes down to the source of the sound of course, which is the bottle neck with creating sound allways. Like a 10 000 $ sound system don't mean anything if you play something from YT. But if you play something on spotify and play the same song on vinyl with the same speakers/sound system, the vinyl is smoother and warmer. Now which is better is down to taste. But if I say I like more vinyl, it's demostractly better right there.
Depends on the YT source. YT has a music service called YouTube music which plays music at a higher bitrate. Some YT videos can be encoded up to 4K now, so that should improve the audio as well.

Spotify doesn't use high quality sound like FLAC to play their music. I believe Jay Z's service, Tidal, is the only one that plays music in FLAC.

Watch that Cleveland show Youtube video I posted above. "Smoother and warmer" are subjective feelings towards music. It can't be measured with standard sound equipment. Watch this video below, it explains it in painfully technical detail.

This video claims that humans can't distinguish the quality between analog and digital recordings, but I beg to differ.

However, I did listen to a vinyl vs flac video and I thought the vinyl sounded excellent, but I could still tell when the digital came on.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Depends on the YT source. YT has a music service called YouTube music which plays music at a higher bitrate. Some YT videos can be encoded up to 4K now, so that should improve the audio as well.

Spotify doesn't use high quality sound like FLAC to play their music. I believe Jay Z's service, Tidal, is the only one that plays music in FLAC.

Watch that Cleveland show Youtube video I posted above. "Smoother and warmer" are subjective feelings towards music. It can't be measured with standard sound equipment. Watch this video below, it explains it in painfully technical detail.

This video claims that humans can't distinguish the quality between analog and digital recordings, but I beg to differ.

However, I did listen to a vinyl vs flac video and I thought the vinyl sounded excellent, but I could still tell when the digital came on.

I will check those later, it's nighty night time here in the dark north. Generally Spotify and YT are the most common sources for listening music, so I base my opinion in relation to those. And vinyl beats CD also. And I would need to hook up my phone to same sound system where I'd listen the vinyls to make a comparison. But most importantly the ear is the best judge when it comes to sound and art, even though subjective. Not anything that can be measured by any technical systems. On a side note if you listen vinyl vs digital from YT, the whole thing is moot, since it's a digital source playing the vinyl sound. But anyway this is getting a bit off topic of the thread and I don't want to be doing that AGAIN for another thread, lol. Peace & love ✌ May the Pink Floyd's art caress your senses through which ever system you enjoy best. Be safe - don't drop too much acid.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will check those later, it's nighty night time here in the dark north. Generally Spotify and YT are the most common sources for listening music, so I base my opinion in relation to those. And vinyl beats CD also. And would need to hook up my phone to same sound system where I'd listen the vinyls to make a comparison. But most importantly the ear is the best judge when it comes to sound and art, even though subjective. Not anything that can be measured by any technical systems. On a side note if you listen vinyl vs digital from YT, the whole thing is moot, since it's a digital source playing the vinyl sound. But anyway this is getting a bit off topic of the thread and I don't want to be doing that AGAIN for another thread, lol. Peace & love ✌ May the Pink Floyd's art caress your senses through which ever system you enjoy best. Be safe - don't drop too much acid.

Well, watch that video before you start making claims of vinyl being better than CD. It breaks it down for you in super technical terms that demonstrate what he differences are.

YT and Spotify are the new jukeboxes of the youth today. I try and get my music in higher quality though.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, watch that video before you start making claims of vinyl being better than CD. It breaks it down for you in super technical terms that demonstrate what he differences are.

YT and Spotify are the new jukeboxes of the youth today. I try and get my music in higher quality though.
I have listened CD and I have listened vinyl. Vinyl IS better! I heard it! And that's that. Nothing will change that.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Btw, if anyone wants to make a perfect copy of a CD, use EAC (Exact Audio Copy), it's a CD ripper that makes exact and perfect copies of them.

Then you can download the LAME MP3 codecs and encode it in VBR if you plan on putting it on another CD or something. YouTube Music has a feature where you can upload music, so you can store up to 10k songs on it in their original format,

You can download FLAC, which makes exact loseless copies of music, here:

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have listened CD and I have listened vinyl. Vinyl IS better! I heard it! And that's that. Nothing will change that.
That's a subjective opinion. If you run audio software that checks the output of the music side by side with vinyl and CD, CD will come out on top.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
A software that compares signal amplitudes and frequencies to determine which is more enjoyable form of listening music and sensing art - Not a world I want to live in. Good night.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A software that compares signal amplitudes and frequencies to determine which is more enjoyable form of listening music and sensing art - Not a world I want to live in. Good night.
I'm not saying don't listen to vinyl if it's your preference. But the claims you make about digital vs vinyl are just flat out wrong. They're based on your subjective opinion on the matter. Watch the video when you wake up.

Good night.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm not saying don't listen to vinyl if it's your preference. But the claims you make about digital vs vinyl are just flat out wrong. They're based on your subjective opinion on the matter. Watch the video when you wake up.

Good night.
Objective Opinion is the ONLY thing that matters in this case.

Think about this.... Angus Young is a VERY (relatively speaking) sloppy and poor Technical player, but he is one of the top players that people Want to listen to.
Because he isn't entering some kind of Technical contest. He's trying to put out the best, most Desirable music that he can. And he's Extremely successful at it.

If we were to go by the standards you're using, there wouldn't be any instrument players at all anymore.
It would all be done electronically. ... And TECHNICALLY perfect.
And nobody would buy that crap, because it wouldn't have the desirable attributes that only people can put into it.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If we were to go by the standards you're using, there wouldn't be any instrument players at all anymore.
It would all be done electronically. ... And TECHNICALLY perfect.
And nobody would buy that crap, because it wouldn't have the desirable attributes that only people can put into it.
That's not what I'm saying at all. It doesn't matter who's playing, what matters is the quality of the recording.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's not what I'm saying at all. It doesn't matter who's playing, what matters is the quality of the recording.
Only if you're giving it a Technical Grade.
Is that what you're doing?
Because the rest of mankind is listening to what sounds best to their ears.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Only if you're giving it a Technical Grade.
Is that what you're doing?
Because the rest of mankind is listening to what sounds best to their ears.
What sounds best on your ears is clearly digital. There's just no avoiding that fact. You can like vinyl all you want, but nothing beats FLAC or the raw wav extract.

You seem to be still awake, watch that video I posted about vinyl vs digital.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What sounds best on your ears is clearly digital. There's just no avoiding that fact. You can like vinyl all you want, but nothing beats FLAC or the raw wav extract.

You seem to be still awake, watch that video I posted about vinyl vs digital.
... And there you go!

Thanks for letting me know what sounds better to my ears.
If I have any other questions about my personal preferences, I'll definitely contact you immediately.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
... And there you go!

Thanks for letting me know what sounds better to my ears.
If I have any other questions about my personal preferences, I'll definitely contact you immediately.
This is science. This isn't subjective opinions about what sounds good to you. Do you want me to start pulling up studies? Because I can.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is science. This isn't subjective opinions about what sounds good to you. Do you want me to start pulling up studies? Because I can.
LOL .... We All know you can pull up studies.

Did you even Read what you posted?

"What sounds best on your ears is clearly digital."

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What if I said 8 tracks sound best to me? Or cassette tapes? You would think I was a complete idiot. Vinyl is just in vogue because it's retro and hipsters love everything retro.

You shîtty computer speakers might play it and it sounds awful to you. But if you get some quality speakers, like Bose, everything will sound much better than vinyl.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What if I said 8 tracks sound best to me? Or cassette tapes? You would think I was a complete idiot. Vinyl is just in vogue because it's retro and hipsters love everything retro.

You shîtty computer speakers might play it and it sounds awful to you. But if you get some quality speakers, like Bose, everything will sound much better than vinyl.
LOL.

You're a one of a kind man.

Nobody could Ever mistake you for someone else.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The claim by a reader that “most sound engineers prefer analog over digital” is absurd. Sound engineers will occasionally use analog recorders because they like specific flaws in analog recording, such as tape saturation. But I don’t think you’ll find many engineers who would prefer listening to a scratchy LP over a pristine CD.

It is true that professional analog equipment sounds very good, but the consumer will never have access to master tapes to play on that equipment. Virtually the same quality is captured, and played back, on an inexpensive CD. On the other hand, the compressed digital music formats that you find on iTunes and streaming services compromise the digital quality.

But even these inferior digital formats have no ticks and pops, virtually no hiss and essentially perfect frequency response.

Vinyl records, as you likely already know, are analog, meaning they store audio information in an analog manner — specifically, as tiny undulating grooves on the surface of the record. These grooves actually look like the sound waves they represent; in other words, they are analogous to the sound waves, hence the name analog. When you place a stylus (or “needle”) down on that groove, it wiggles with the undulations as the record moves beneath it. Those wiggles are converted to an audio signal, which is then amplified and played on speakers or headphones.

By contrast, digital-audio files store audio — well, digitally. A song or album’s original recorded audio signal enters an analog-to-digital converter (ADC), which, as you can probably guess from its name, converts the analog signal into digital information, a series of 1s and 0s. Without getting too technical, the analog audio waveform is “sampled” many times per second, recording the instantaneous level of the waveform as it rises and falls using several digital bits to encode the level value of each sample.

On CDs, the waveform is sampled 44,100 times per second, and the level of each sample is encoded with 16 bits. This leads to specs you might have seen: a sampling rate of 44.1 kHz and a bit depth of 16 bits, often written 16/44.1 or 44.1/16. So-called “high-resolution” digital audio files use higher sampling rates and bit depths; the most common are sampling rates of 48, 96, and 192 kHz with a bit depth of 24 bits.

Watch the video above. Learn something. Don't just assume you know everything and "LOL" at all my responses.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i play my vinyl on my garrard turntable and pioneer amp all bought in 1978 at duty free nato store in naples italy...and the speakers are my original bose 901 speakers bought at same time...guess im just a hipster

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i play my vinyl on my garrard turntable and pioneer amp all bought in 1978 at duty free nato store in naples italy...and the speakers are my original bose 901 speakers bought at same time...guess im just a hipster
I'm not arguing against listening to vinyl. If you like vinyl, own it, enjoy it, love it, whatever. All I'm saying is digital recordings > vinyl.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm not arguing against listening to vinyl. If you like vinyl, own it, enjoy it, love it, whatever. All I'm saying is digital recordings > vinyl.
lol...i think you like to argue for the sake of arguing.:cool: