Pet peeves in the gym - sorry if its a repost

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
What are some of the things that really annoy you in the gym? Some of mine are....
Guys who use the wrong form when lifting and get pissed at you if you try and help correct them
Body odor (take a shower man or at least put on some extra DO)
Slamming weights

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hm...Bosu Balls, stability balls, fat and weak crossfitters (I know there's strong crossfitters and somehow they manage to keep a lean and strong physique, I mean the other kind...the fat f*cks who can't lift anything with proper form and descent weight) , kids that try to compete with yah if you are lifting some weight (IE I use the 70s for 10 reps on DB Bench press merely as assistance for my BP 5/3/1 workout, and a kid takes a bench beside me and tries to to 75's with fail form for like 3 reps and tries to act bad ass lol) hm..lets see...Juicers that can't even do a 225 deadlift/squat but think they are bad ass because they look lean and filled with acne. Yup pretty much sums it all up.

(The Juicer comment its because there's a 5'11 kid in my gym that's 20 , he is doing test and winny and can't even do a proper form squat...but hey, he is a lean beanpole of 165~lbs...)

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Hm...Bosu Balls, stability balls, fat and weak crossfitters (I know there's strong crossfitters and somehow they manage to keep a lean and strong physique, I mean the other kind...the fat f*cks who can't lift anything with proper form and descent weight) , kids that try to compete with yah if you are lifting some weight (IE I use the 70s for 10 reps on DB Bench press merely as assistance for my BP 5/3/1 workout, and a kid takes a bench beside me and tries to to 75's with fail form for like 3 reps and tries to act bad ass lol) hm..lets see...Juicers that can't even do a 225 deadlift/squat but think they are bad ass because they look lean and filled with acne. Yup pretty much sums it all up.

(The Juicer comment its because there's a 5'11 kid in my gym that's 20 , he is doing test and winny and can't even do a proper form squat...but hey, he is a lean beanpole of 165~lbs...)
He's 20? Man, he's messing up and doesn't even know it.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
He's 20? Man, he's messing up and doesn't even know it.
Lol when I asked him why the f*ck would he be doing that his answer was:

"My first cycle was Test and Dbol but I didn't like it...I was 18 and I had just begun training so I decided to start properly and get big" He didn't get big, he is weak...and he looks like he has gyno...Thing is, the kid once told me his dad didn't let him train at all back when he was home. So when he got to college he decided to do everything they didn't let him do...sadly he started with steroids without even knowing how to properly use them. His PCT had Tribulus for Testosterone Booster and CEL PCT...so yeah...Lesson is: Parents should let their kids lift weights if they want to as long as they are 16~ or so...if not, we get this kinda douche...And I say douche because he got so ****y I stopped talking to him when he claimed I was juicing for lifting more than him (and whoever has seen a log of mine here can tell yah I don't lift big at all...I want to but I rather taking my time with progression).

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Wow 18 and taking test and dbol?!? Can you say stupid. I would not doubt that he has gyno from improper PCT. SMH

Tboz

Banned
Awards
Guys who walk around naked

Ppl who bring a gallon of water

Ppl who laze around on machines and don't use them

Half reps with improper form

20firebird02

Awards
I was wondering the same thing. I bring half a gallon and have to fill it up atleast once sometimes twice. Some people like to stay hydrated.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Yea, a gallon a water does not bother me. How about guys that are using a bench, leave for 10 mins, then come back and get mad at you because you took their weight off and are using it

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
When the kid on the leg press fills it up with weights and even stacks some weights on top of it then moves the sled no more than 2/3 inches

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those guys who lift to heavy and swing their 70 lb curls. They work more on their rotator cuff than their bicep at this point......

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Those guys who lift to heavy and swing their 70 lb curls. They work more on their rotator cuff than their bicep at this point......
Which hurts more than helps

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cary K

Cary K

Awards
And I know all too well about shoulder injuries. Had an open bankhart repair on my right shoulder for a torn labrum and a capsular shift on my left shoulder.

forcefan27

forcefan27

Awards
I always get a kick out of the guys who bitch about what everyone else is/is not doing.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Newbies who look at someone who is pretty built and has a couple zits on his back and automatically says "Steriods"

bev15

Banned
Awards
Newbies who look at someone who is pretty built and has a couple zits on his back and automatically says "Steriods"
Well if the didn't all take steroids it wouldnt be a problem! :joke:

meancivicsi

meancivicsi

Awards
People who do shoulder cuff exercises but don't have a clue what gravity is.

retroscapers

retroscapers

Awards
  • Established
Guys who pee on the bathroom floor beneath the urinal.
Guys who sing their music (no F'ing lie a guy at my gym raps his songs out loud and does every machine there is in my gym.)
Guys who use the smith machine for calf raises.
Smith machine HALF squats. wut.

meancivicsi

meancivicsi

Awards
Retro you just reminded me... People who do curls in a squat rack with 5lbs on each side of the Olympic bar.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Guys who sing their music (no F'ing lie a guy at my gym raps his songs out loud and does every machine there is in my gym.)
Smith machine for calf raises?!? REALLY??

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
the top 3 for me are:

1. not re racking your weights, come the F on
2. really bad BO b4 you even start to work out.
3. watching people try to use weights they cant control or only doing 1/4 range of motion and acting like you are a badass

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
1: Bad form. I see why chiropractors and ortho's stay in business.
2: BO for sure
3: Blue tooth phones in the gym. Every week I get someone walking towards me talking, and I wonder if they are talking to me. And, some them talk WAY too damned loud and share their conversation with the entire gym.
4: People that rearrange 7 pieces of equimpent and take up a huge amount of space to do 1-2 sets of some goofy excercise that can be much more simply done with 1 piece of equipment.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
people who workout in jeans, people on cell phone while working out, people who mix jack3d in the locker room and hide it when you walk in like its a secret muscle builder, when the juice bar runs out of freakin strawberry banana.....

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
OH! I forgot "baked potatos" which is what I call people that get huge up top but NEVER work their legs. They look like baked potatos with 2 toothpicks stuck in em.

retroscapers

retroscapers

Awards
  • Established
Oh I left out people who swear in the gym. Like I mean I'm fine with swearing and all, but just having casual conversations and swearing around everybody? Come on have some class.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
people who say "psssssssssssss" on every rep

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
sandals

meancivicsi

meancivicsi

Awards
Sandals? Are you serious? You must have visited Planet Fitness at some point...

Shrine

Shrine

Awards
Also guys who don't drink enough water, piss super cloudy yellow and don't flush the toilet.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Lol when I asked him why the f*ck would he be doing that his answer was:

"My first cycle was Test and Dbol but I didn't like it...I was 18 and I had just begun training so I decided to start properly and get big" He didn't get big, he is weak...and he looks like he has gyno...Thing is, the kid once told me his dad didn't let him train at all back when he was home. So when he got to college he decided to do everything they didn't let him do...sadly he started with steroids without even knowing how to properly use them. His PCT had Tribulus for Testosterone Booster and CEL PCT...so yeah...Lesson is: Parents should let their kids lift weights if they want to as long as they are 16~ or so...if not, we get this kinda douche...And I say douche because he got so ****y I stopped talking to him when he claimed I was juicing for lifting more than him (and whoever has seen a log of mine here can tell yah I don't lift big at all...I want to but I rather taking my time with progression).
U get him squared away on PCT?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
U get him squared away on PCT?
He knows he has to use a SERM , proper AI and T-booster (that works, not Tribulus) and a proper PCT diet and a deload. But meh...I stopped talking to him he thinks I juice and if anyone sees my actual lifts are not even good but he thinks I do since I leaned out...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
:laughing:?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Kid in my gym uses smith machine for curls...
:lol: WTF? :blink:

Def some funny ish to read in here...

Biggest thing I hate is when I pull into the parking lot & some1 steps off the entrance curve and walks infront of my car...

Shrine

Shrine

Awards
we've got a guy at our gym who works out in flipflops and runs bare foot on the treadmill, i just dont get that
Lol. If he drops a 45 on his foot I bet he won't wear flip flops anymore. Dummy

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Lol. If he drops a 45 on his foot I bet he won't wear flip flops anymore. Dummy
well i think he will be pretty safe from that, the biggest DB's ive seen him pick up are 20's

StrikeThree

Awards
People that walk in with absolutely no purpose at all.

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
Cell phones

People who give me dirty looks because I workout harder high than they do sober

People that stare at my wife while she is bent over. Look at her she is hot, i dont care, but don't ****ing stare when she is working out and look like a scared bitch when I catch you,

People that don't work out and move on. 20 min on a bench F off.

chatty Cathy's. (I shoot the **** once in a while, but between workouts, not sets, and especially not during reps W.T.F)

Story tellers

I really hate how I have to walk by the crappers and the pissers to get from the lockers to the showers, like I really fkkkkkin hate that.

People that don't ask questions or think they know it all

Closed minded people

The music at my gym

I do like my fellow regulars at my gym. Been there a long time!

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
Cell phones

People who give me dirty looks because I workout harder high than they do sober

People that stare at my wife while she is bent over. Look at her she is hot, i dont care, but don't ****ing stare when she is working out and look like a scared bitch when I catch you,

People that don't work out and move on. 20 min on a bench F off.

chatty Cathy's. (I shoot the **** once in a while, but between workouts, not sets, and especially not during reps W.T.F)

Story tellers

I really hate how I have to walk by the crappers and the pissers to get from the lockers to the showers, like I really fkkkkkin hate that.

People that don't ask questions or think they know it all

Closed minded people

The music at my gym

I do like my fellow regulars at my gym. Been there a long time!
Some people use their phones. I for example track my workouts on my phone and use it for music

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 0
Schmidie General Chat 30
ABNRanger General Chat 30
motive General Chat 101
Iron Warrior Sports Talk 58