PES Select mystery flavor reviews

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The bottom of the box had a good amount of lost protein in it. there is a small puncture in the tub from the dent where protein leaked out all over the box and it was freezing rain this morning so when i got home and saw the box the protein on the bottom of the box was frozen over from the rain (because the fed ex guy did not put a bag over the box) and it got soaked.
That's some bull brother. Sorry to hear. Luckily the deal was so good! Like Aaron mentioned I am looking forward to seeing what you can whip up with blondie. :)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That's some bull brother. Sorry to hear. Luckily the deal was so good! Like Aaron mentioned I am looking forward to seeing what you can whip up with blondie. :)
Frozen protein all over the bottom of a box because of a punctured tub = no bueno. if it was dry outside i could of maybe saved it, but not the case. Stupid Fed Ex drivers stealing all the gains with putting no support or protection over the freezing rain and freezing the evidence! Prob lost close to ~1/3 of the tub.

brindlemax

Awards
Fed Ex sucks.Every time they deliver to me they always take to wrong house.Takes weeks to get my stuff.I always go UPS now.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Fed Ex sucks.Every time they deliver to me they always take to wrong house.Takes weeks to get my stuff.I always go UPS now.
Yeah, they usually deliver across the street to the wrong addy. lol.
Bigger fan of UPS, but the deal was good.

brindlemax

Awards
They deliver my stuff across town.I have no idea why.There is on 1 street in town with my street name.They are in to big of a hurry to dump packages.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
mines here, blondie ice cream with PB tonight. oh lanta

brindlemax

Awards
You all have a great day.Time to hit the iron.Thanks again Bob!!

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Any word on when this will arrive on BB.com?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I checked the tracking, which I never do. It says in transit, but the location is in Virginia. I'm thinking I'll get it Monday, Tuesday the latest.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any word on when this will arrive on BB.com?
Hopefully sooner than later but who knows with how long it takes to get new products/flavors in store.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Well they have HV for sale finally, a lot better than their earlier projection of February 2015, but I don't know wtf is wrong them & taking forever to stock things, especially for such a large company.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright, alright...so I was fortunate enough to have rec'd some samples last week while I was out of town...got the chance to finally try them.
Didn't seem to have quite the same smoothness as the other flavors and had left small balled up/undissolved powder in it...but that aside, subtle caramel and choc/vanilla flavor that is just as enjoyable in water as it is in milk, I would def put this above SD but still CnC is my numero uno in my heart <3
Again, thanks Benjamima and PES :) Keep on, keepin on...

deuceswild72

Awards
  • Established
Frozen protein all over the bottom of a box because of a punctured tub = no bueno. if it was dry outside i could of maybe saved it, but not the case. Stupid Fed Ex drivers stealing all the gains with putting no support or protection over the freezing rain and freezing the evidence! Prob lost close to ~1/3 of the tub.
Did you lick the frozen protein? :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright, alright...so I was fortunate enough to have rec'd some samples last week while I was out of town...got the chance to finally try them. Didn't seem to have quite the same smoothness as the other flavors and had left small balled up/undissolved powder in it...but that aside, subtle caramel and choc/vanilla flavor that is just as enjoyable in water as it is in milk, I would def put this above SD but still CnC is my numero uno in my heart <3 Again, thanks Benjamima and PES :) Keep on, keepin on...
Thanks for sharing brother from another. CNC above all for me as well but they all keep a close second.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bob, have you posted the recipe to the blondies yet? I am not sure if I have missed it or not.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Bob, have you posted the recipe to the blondies yet? I am not sure if I have missed it or not.
I don't believe I've seen it yet. He's keeping it under wraps.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Pretty straight forward

80g Complete Pancake Mix
1 Scoop Select
2 Egg Whites
1/3 Cup Milk
2 TBSP Yogurt
3g Splenda
3g Baking Powder
8g SF/FF Pudding Mix
Dash Vanilla Extract

Glaze:
20g PB Lean (German Chocolate Cake)
1 Tbsp Cream Cheese
10g Cocoa Powder

BOOM

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for sharing brother from another. CNC above all for me as well but they all keep a close second.
Why soytenly man :)

Still waiting on that banana flavor though, I think that might dethrone CnC for me...hmmmm

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
The Solution is going to make me ditch shakes and bake all my protein.
Hands down he has some of the best looking and sounding ideas.
This should make my 2015 just that much better.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Solution is going to make me ditch shakes and bake all my protein.
Hands down he has some of the best looking and sounding ideas.
This should make my 2015 just that much better.
You will soon realize that baking and mixing in yogurt for sludge >>> Shakes. Driven2lift

where you at :)

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I really enjoy sludge and cakes so I guess I'll start preping baked protein goods along with the rest of the weeks meals on Sunday.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You will soon realize that baking and mixing in yogurt for sludge >>> Shakes. Driven2lift where you at :)
Lol I love how I am called upon as a witness to this now, I am Bob's student in the art of baking ;)

I loved it so much I ditched post workout shakes and started timing so things in the oven finished as my workout did lol
It's just nice to have so many options to get my protein macros hit now

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Just got my 6 tubs! Will work it into a meal later today and share my thoughts.

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
Got mine yesterday. Took one scoop mixed in around 6oz of water.. and it was phenomenal!! It a really interesting flavor too.. I've never had a blondie cake before but now i cant wait to try one. Taste just like the picture.. you get a strong burst of caramel and then some chocolate and cookie taste. Aroma is sooo good.. reminds me of a salted caramel piece of candy. For the macros it provides this stuff is pretty unreal. Great job PES you seriously are the flavoring KINGS!!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got my 6 tubs! Will work it into a meal later today and share my thoughts.
Score. Look forward to hearing what you think.

Got mine yesterday. Took one scoop mixed in around 6oz of water.. and it was phenomenal!! It a really interesting flavor too.. I've never had a blondie cake before but now i cant wait to try one. Taste just like the picture.. you get a strong burst of caramel and then some chocolate and cookie taste. Aroma is sooo good.. reminds me of a salted caramel piece of candy. For the macros it provides this stuff is pretty unreal. Great job PES you seriously are the flavoring KINGS!!
Thanks for your feedback and support, man! Sounds like Blondie could be a new favorite for many.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
D2L vs. Bob. Go. :D
Lol i wouldn't challenge Bob

Just a shake to test it, so I can isolate and review the taste

Baking with it tomorrow

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Can see why people guessed at a coffee/mocha variant, the lingering taste is similar to if I had drank an iced capp.

Initial tastes were caramel and a hint of chocolate. I was expecting it to be sweet with a caramel aspect but it was less sweet than CnC to me.

Mixability seemed the same as other flavours. The scent upon opening wasn't as powerful as snickerdoodle (which me and my wife agree makes our kitchen smell like Dunkaroos lol) but was stronger than CnC/Chocolate, to me.

Will be baking with it tomorrow, I don't feel like pancakes will be its sweet spot, Snickerdoodle is king there. I have a feeling that for non-chocolate desserts it will be awesome, like Bob's Blondies, sweet-breads, donuts, cupcakes, and definitely make a good icing/glaze. Lots to try.

This beats Snickerdoodle for me so far, and that is saying a lot.

Great job again PES.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I asked josh for any suggestions to bake with it and he told me your more creative Anything you wanna see ?
Haha, he lied to you I think.

Could try a cheesecake, but I know you've done that before. Given the strong hints of caramel, think you could make some sort of bananas foster rendition with the Select Blondie being utilized as the sauce? It would be a different twist of course with the other flavors that encompass a Blondie, however I could see it turning out good.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Haha, he lied to you I think.

Could try a cheesecake, but I know you've done that before. Given the strong hints of caramel, think you could make some sort of bananas foster rendition with the Select Blondie being utilized as the sauce? It would be a different twist of course with the other flavors that encompass a Blondie, however I could see it turning out good.
Banana Foster? I made those up at the culinary school i teach at, would need to melt the product which may end up clumping very bad in the end process whcih would not be good or provide a burnt taste which is a major no no. hence why banana fosters are made very simple with brown sugar, banana's, and liquids and not very many dry ingredients. You will note its mostly like ice cream, (Some include Rum), banana's, and simple cinnamon. Not much too them honestly. Adding protein could be an epic fail there.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Banana Foster? I made those up at the culinary school i teach at, would need to melt the product which may end up clumping very bad in the end process whcih would not be good or provide a burnt taste which is a major no no. hence why banana fosters are made very simple with brown sugar, banana's, and liquids and not very many dry ingredients. You will note its mostly like ice cream, (Some include Rum), banana's, and simple cinnamon. Not much too them honestly. Adding protein could be an epic fail there.
I was thinking some sort of combination at the end between the sauce/glaze and the protein (not being combined over heat - afterwords). The sauce poured over would have a different density and overall viscosity then regular bananas foster, though.

Hm, let me think of some other sort of unique, yet feasible option and I'll get back to you.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Anything you wanna see ?
Just chef Bob at work in another video ;)

But for suggestions now that I have tried it..

Caramel Coffee cake
Gingerbread cookies/muffins
Donuts/donut holes
Caramel apple fritters

Was trying to think of nuts it would pair with, with mocha/coffee I like hazelnut but with caramel its pecans...
Was thinking a nutty banana bread or coffee cake maybe

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was thinking some sort of combination at the end between the sauce/glaze and the protein (not being combined over heat - afterwords). The sauce poured over would have a different density and overall viscosity then regular bananas foster, though.

Hm, let me think of some other sort of unique, yet feasible option and I'll get back to you.
A banana bread made with the Blondie flavor might be worth looking into :)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I could do a Blondie banana Bread, then put banana's on top and then glaze some Blondie sludge on top
Easy Peezy.

do not have a donut maker :(

bbartsche

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Donut pan ftw

Might have to make some donuts today or tomorrow

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Banana nut blondie bread sounds awesome.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
I know this thread has shifted to recipes, but I haven't had a protein powder that made me want another shake right away.

I was worried it would a good bit of hype but it sure didn't disappoint.

Great product guys.