• Established
Im on day 11 and for the last 3 days i have
been quite Lethargic...anybody else have this effect with Alphamax

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ive never heard that reported on Alphamax and ive quite a bit of reviews over the years.

When are you dosing? Its possible it could be completely unrelated but would be hard to tell without diligently going through all possible aspects.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
have you ever supplemented with l-dopa previously?

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today is my last day of dosing of an 8 week cycle of Alpha Max and I also felt somewhat lethargic on my first jar
and as soon as I got on the subway in the a.m. to go to work each morning I couldn't keep my eyes open and I would
nod out and nap until my stop but at night when I took my 2nd dose about 45 min before retiring to bed I really didn't
experience such great sleep that I'm use to getting when I'm using other herbal boosters but on the 2nd jar I wasn't
feeling as lethargic as the first jar. I will be doing a final review here in the forum in a couple of days cause I wanna
see how I'm feeling after a few days off from Alpha Max.

gus6917

Awards
  • Established
Going to give it a couple of more days before I toss it out

gus6917

Awards
  • Established
It feels same for me...i could nod off anywhere anytime and not be refreshed when I wake...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have either of you used l-dopa before? What is your nutrition, training, and sleep like?

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes I've used products with l-dopa in the past and actually in the past DTHC had that same effect on some users and I
remember Chuck reformulating it and adding just a touch of caffeine to the formula but not enough to over stimulate and
it worked for people who were feeling lethargic on it. My nutrition, training, and diet is on point and I have no issues with that.
and I've been doing this for a little so while;)

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would try dosing it pre workout instead of upon waking, L-DOPA is a precursor to norepinephrine and epinephrine so taken pre workout it can actually enhance your workout. In terms of before bed, I would try to take it closer to bed time, maybe 15-30 mins before bed oppose to 45. If i take L-DOPA right before bed sleep is generally improved however if I get distracted or start doing something it can actually have an opposite effect likely cause its catecholamine response.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand why you would toss a product because you feel lethargic.. drink a cup of coffee and continue on.

EDIT: also noticed that it says you posted at 3:49am and 6:49am from where I am (central time)

curious as to where you are since it doesn't seem like youre sleeping normal hours ;)

gus6917

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand why you would toss a product because you feel lethargic.. drink a cup of coffee and continue on.

EDIT: also noticed that it says you posted at 3:49am and 6:49am from where I am (central time)

curious as to where you are since it doesn't seem like youre sleeping normal hours ;)
My wife is asking me the same question...ummm errr i went to go buy milk

gus6917

Awards
  • Established
Today i took my dosage with breakfast...I have felt great all day.
No drowsiness whatsoever.
keeping fingers crossed it was a bug or something.
Libido starting to elevate...me happy

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome, keep us updated brother. Also try what i suggested one time and move your morning dose to pre workout :)

gus6917

Awards
  • Established
Yes will do...today was an off day
Due to my late night milk run...tomorrow pre workout it is

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The first dose that I took every morning WAS pre-workout cause I train when I get up in the morning and I take
what ever stimulant or PW that I'm dosing that day and I hit the iron. I didn't feel lethargic while training but felt
it later as I was on the train commuting to work and when it comes to dosing before bed I've tried 45 min, 30 min,
15 min but I never really felt that sleep enhancement from it but then I've tried ZMA in the past and never really
felt anything from it when it came to sleep. Now I've used a Trib supplement by ALLMAX that by week 2 as soon
as I put my head on the pillow it was LIGHTS OUT and the sleep was deep and even after just 5-6 hrs of sleep
I was feeling like I slept 8. That was actually the strongest feature of that product.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
The first dose that I took every morning WAS pre-workout cause I train when I get up in the morning and I take
what ever stimulant or PW that I'm dosing that day and I hit the iron. I didn't feel lethargic while training but felt
it later as I was on the train commuting to work and when it comes to dosing before bed I've tried 45 min, 30 min,
15 min but I never really felt that sleep enhancement from it but then I've tried ZMA in the past and never really
felt anything from it when it came to sleep. Now I've used a Trib supplement by ALLMAX that by week 2 as soon
as I put my head on the pillow it was LIGHTS OUT and the sleep was deep and even after just 5-6 hrs of sleep
I was feeling like I slept 8. That was actually the strongest feature of that product.
you the drowsiness isn't from the stimulant crash? Seems much more likely to be the culprit

gus6917

Awards
  • Established
i just googled ZMA TIRED
Seems like alot of ppl are groggy on it

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i just googled ZMA TIRED
Seems like alot of ppl are groggy on it
You can also Google ZMA awake, and find all kinds of people who feel wide awake on it. People respond differently to supplements.

I would play around with timing, or maybe even try 1 cap spread out 4 times a day. There should be no reason for it to make you that tired.

gus6917

Awards
  • Established
ok i will google ZMA awake even though it does not pertain to me
i will try the pre workout method first for a few days.
by the time i ever get this figured out, bottle will be done

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
ok i will google ZMA awake even though it does not pertain to me
i will try the pre workout method first for a few days.
by the time i ever get this figured out, bottle will be done
what cubs meant by googling zma awake is that there are an equal amount of opposite reactions. You only looked for things to confirm what you thought and did not look for anything else

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
yes exactly what quads said. I could google "steak causes cancer" and find that red meat is gonna give me colon cancer. or I could google "steak delicious" and find out theres nothing wrong with it ;)

If you want to do research, then research zinc. zinc in certain doses does cause drowsiness and that could be the only part of the ZMA that would cause that effect.

basically everything else in Alphamax should be fine and wouldn't cause drowsiness. maybe the L-Dopa because of a more "relaxed feeling" which could lead you to feel tired or sleepy if youre just hanging out all day. However I don't think that it could be anything other than the zinc perhaps. Small price to pay for the big gains you get on AM but I mean if you really don't want it ill take it. ;) I run alphamax 8 weeks on 8 weeks off like clockwork. year around!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol thanks guys for making my point a little more clear.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nope it's not from the stimulants because on non training days I still dose first thing in the morning and I DON'T
use caffeine at all only before I train and I still nod out and sleep as soon as I sit on train and it really sucks
when it's crowded and I DON'T get a seat Lol so I try to sleep standing up :) but it's really no big deal I just
wanted the other user to know that he wasn't the only one who felt somewhat lethargic on it. Again I finished
my 8 week cycle 2 days ago and I'm just waiting a few more days before I post my final review on it. I just
want to get an idea what I feel like once I'm off it after using it for 8 weeks. I like to be thorough when I do a
review.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Are you using this as part of a PCT or as a standalone?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I finished my pct july 17
i added AM JULY 06
2ND straight day i feel great
Keep dosing how you have the past few days then. Maybe you had a little bug or something, who knows.

gus6917

Awards
  • Established
Epistane
DAy 15 on AM
No lethargy for 3rd straight day
Alpha feeling kicking in
Libido has kicked in
Couple pimples on face...at my age(45) I enjoy the youthful look

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Gotcha, keep us updated

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Epistane
DAy 15 on AM
No lethargy for 3rd straight day
Alpha feeling kicking in
Libido has kicked in
Couple pimples on face...at my age(45) I enjoy the youthful look
You can have the one hiding in my right eyebrow.

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
Isn't it more likely that it had to do with his PH cycle and PCT than an AlphaMax run?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes that could play a role as well, during PCT/recovery peroid its likely that energy levels, drive etc may be lowered, although if that was the case it seems like hes 'recovering' now since energy levels are coming back and libido is picking up!

AustBenny

AustBenny

Awards
I've never experienced this with Alphamax and I've done plenty of bottles - one of my favourite supps.

I dose preworkout, which is sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the evening, and AT bedtime - not before. It's the last thing I do before I put my head on the pillow. That way I fall asleep naturally but once I'm there, I stay there.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Happy to hear good reviews - I'm definitely picking up some alphamax while the sale is on. So excited to try this.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Definitely a hell uv a deal