Pain after L Carnitine injection in shoulder

gsant036

Awards
Hi guys
Today was my first-day pinning L carnitine. I used a 29G 1/2 inch syringe in my shoulder.
The vial for the l carnitine was 600mg/ml and I injected the full 1ml in the shoulder.
The shot itself was painless but I got a lump after the injection. Now it hurts; not a lot but enough for me to feel uncomfortable lifting my arm.

Is this normal?
And is there any way to avoid the lump for future injections?

Thanks in advance for the feedback everyone!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Inject slower and use a different injection site maybe. L-Carnitine pip can suck.

gsant036

Awards
Inject slower and use a different injection site maybe. L-Carnitine pip can suck.
Thanks! I'll try this for my next injection.

In the meantime, I put some ice on the shoulder and it helped a little bit with the soreness.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hi guys
Today was my first-day pinning L carnitine. I used a 29G 1/2 inch syringe in my shoulder.
The vial for the l carnitine was 600mg/ml and I injected the full 1ml in the shoulder.
The shot itself was painless but I got a lump after the injection. Now it hurts; not a lot but enough for me to feel uncomfortable lifting my arm.

Is this normal?

That lump means you didn't get it far enough into the muscle, you injected it right at the edge between the muscle and the fat. That lump your seeing is the product not being absorbed and sitting there. Now aside from using a longer needle or pressing in harder to get deeper, some people just tend to get a lot of pain from Carnitine, it's not uncommon.

To get the most out of your Carnitine you wanna take it pre activity and in the presence of insulin. So if you don't use actual insulin, your best bet is say your doing chest today, pin your carnitine in your pec or your delts and take some intra workout carbs to the gym with you. Pumping blood to the area you just injected will help the soreness go away faster and by doing that in supplying your body with some fast acting carbs you'll be shuttling that our carnitine into the muscle to do its job

gsant036

Awards
That lump means you didn't get it far enough into the muscle, you injected it right at the edge between the muscle and the fat. That lump your seeing is the product not being absorbed and sitting there. Now aside from using a longer needle or pressing in harder to get deeper, some people just tend to get a lot of pain from Carnitine, it's not uncommon.

To get the most out of your Carnitine you wanna take it pre activity and in the presence of insulin. So if you don't use actual insulin, your best bet is say your doing chest today, pin your carnitine in your pec or your delts and take some intra workout carbs to the gym with you. Pumping blood to the area you just injected will help the soreness go away faster and by doing that in supplying your body with some fast acting carbs you'll be shuttling that our carnitine into the muscle to do its job
Thanks a lot for the advice!
I'll try pressing a bit harder into the muscle.
I am fairly lean so I am hoping that the .5 in needle will do the trick.
I guess I just need a bit more practice pinning in that area.

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Personally L-Car just sucked to pin.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't think people usually do a full ML into Delts. seems like a bit much but maybe if your Delts are big enough?

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have injected l carnitine everyday since about August. Some pins zero pip, some pins I get a lump, some the pip and lump stay for a day or 2. At this point I am used to the pip even though sometimes it sucks.

gsant036

Awards
I bought some 30g 1 in needles. Hopefully, it will be easier to reach the muscle this way and avoid the lump.
I will be injecting only .5 ml in each shoulder and see how it goes.
I'll keep you posted

gsant036

Awards
Hi guys.
Latest update...
the 30g 1 in needles are a game-changer. Little to no pain and no lump whatsoever.
I am doing .5ml on each shoulder before my workouts and so far so good.

Alistair_

Awards
I can’t get L-carnitine to pass through a 27g needle without thinning it down to 200mg/ml. Mine is from AA. Makes me believe other places selling L carnitine at 600mg a ml are lying about the concentration.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I pin front and side delts. My shoulders are pretty big so 1ml sits in there no problem. If your front delts are big enough they're a great option.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can’t get L-carnitine to pass through a 27g needle without thinning it down to 200mg/ml. Mine is from AA. Makes me believe other places selling L carnitine at 600mg a ml are lying about the concentration.
I can get their 400mg into a 31 gauge. haven't tried 600 yet

gsant036

Awards
I haven't tried any other brand. I bought mine from Chase Irons.
it is still very freakin slow though, but I dont mine waiting a bit of extra time.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm a rep for AA as well and we have a very good version. IT can be painful too, but the trick is to cut it with bac water at a ratio of 1:1. Aka if you use 1cc of carnitine, add 1cc of bac water, mix it around well in the syringe before injecting and also make sure if you are refrigerating the Carnitine that you let the syringe full of carnitine hit room temperature before injecting

Also try taking a hot shower before your injection and also use a fresh needle (tip every time)

Those tips will help. And if you guys wanna order from AA, my discount code as usual is WES15. We have some of the best items on the market. My personal top two being the Glutathione (Liver restore) and Tada.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't tried any other brand. I bought mine from Chase Irons.
it is still very freakin slow though, but I dont mine waiting a bit of extra time.
I have bought from Chase a bunch of times. Have no problem with a 30 gauge...the pip isn't fun

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
They don’t sell it anymore, but I get obvious results from the Behemoth 500mg/ml at just 2-300mg most days. Sweating, pumps, endurance when used preWO and my total test levels on 120mg test e/wk were nearly 1,100ng/dl while using it most days of the week. Very glad I bought enough for a year; that stuff flows very smooth through 30g if I’m going subq.

I have seen different pics of the AA carnitine and suspect they just ended up making some batches that were too thick. The old racehorsemeds stuff was never reported as being overly thick before they close up shop.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Hi guys.
Latest update...
the 30g 1 in needles are a game-changer. Little to no pain and no lump whatsoever.
I am doing .5ml on each shoulder before my workouts and so far so good.
@gsant036 where did u find 30g 1 inch needles?

gsant036

Awards
@gsant036 where did u find 30g 1 inch needles?
I bought them in Mexico. I travel there for work.
However, I'm pretty sure you can find them just by doing some digging on the internet.
The brand is EXEL:

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I bought them in Mexico. I travel there for work.
However, I'm pretty sure you can find them just by doing some digging on the internet.
The brand is EXEL:

View attachment 211931
Thanks...I normally use GPz medlab, but they don't carry that size

gsant036

Awards
Thanks...I normally use GPz medlab, but they don't carry that size
Yeah, not a lot of brands carry this size. EXEL is the only one I have been able to find, but totally worth the search

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Yeah, not a lot of brands carry this size. EXEL is the only one I have been able to find, but totally worth the search
I found a couple online sites, but they require a prescription wth

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I found a couple online sites, but they require a prescription wth
Sometimes sites like this have to do that to cover their butts, but will actually let you check out without ever attaching the script. See if you can complete the order anyway.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Sometimes sites like this have to do that to cover their butts, but will actually let you check out without ever attaching the script. See if you can complete the order anyway.
And thays exactly what just happened...the company switched me to a different vendor that does not require a script.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know next to nothing about L Carnitine is it worth all this ??

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Yeah, very noticeable difference for me. Increased pumps in the gym, AR sensitivy increase make your TRT dose more effective, nutrient partitioning, fat burning,....its a laundry list.

Oral carbitine has been in products forever, but what most don't realize is has the horrible the oral bioavailability is....I believe on 14% gets absorbed orally. So a person would need to take like 4000 mgs to get a beneficial dose.

This is why injectable l carnitine is the way to go. 200-400mg in slin pin and you're good to go

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, very noticeable difference for me. Increased pumps in the gym, AR sensitivy increase make your TRT dose more effective, nutrient partitioning, fat burning,....its a laundry list.

Oral carbitine has been in products forever, but what most don't realize is has the horrible the oral bioavailability is....I believe on 14% gets absorbed orally. So a person would need to take like 4000 mgs to get a beneficial dose.

This is why injectable l carnitine is the way to go. 200-400mg in slin pin and you're good to go
And you can take any amount of oral, and it’s been proven ineffective at systemically raising carnitine levels when it’s dosed all at once. Kikel posts the studies and their respective graphs in his carnitine ebook.

If you use oral, you must use grams of it and divided over 2-3 daily doses, for much less effect on what is already an icing type of product compared to AAS. Better off with a slinpin shot of 4-5x per week around training.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And you can take any amount of oral, and it’s been proven ineffective at systemically raising carnitine levels when it’s dosed all at once. Kikel posts the studies and their respective graphs in his carnitine ebook.

If you use oral, you must use grams of it and divided over 2-3 daily doses, for much less effect on what is already an icing type of product compared to AAS. Better off with a slinpin shot of 4-5x per week around training.
@Hyde do you need to consume cards with it ?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No, it just helps. Or whey/aminos will also spike insulin pretty well if that’s an option at all.
Thanks !

Pswain78

Awards
I had some and after two weeks I stopped. I tried IM and Sub Q and it just left massive lumps. The last injection was in my glute and it was red and sore for 2 weeks. I was worried about that one, sub q was the same also just seemed like it never broke down. Mine was from empire pharmacy

Last edited:

gsant036

Awards
I had some and after two weeks I stopped. I tried IM and Sub Q and it just left massive lumps. The last injection was in my glute and it was red and sore for 2 weeks. I was worried about that one, sub q was the same also just seemed like it never broke down. Mine was from empire pharmacy
What needle size were you using? I had a similar problem myself. I was using .5 in needles and I would get massive lumps. I am fairly lean but I would still get lumps.
I started using 1in needles IM in the shoulders, but no more than 0.5ml in one location.
As an example, I inject 1ml (600mg of l carnitine), divided into .5ml injections in 1 shoulder and then another .5ml in the other shoulder right after.
Takes me 5 min to do the entire thing, and I haven't had any lumps or pain.
Took some trial and error but this has worked the best for me.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
What needle size were you using? I had a similar problem myself. I was using .5 in needles and I would get massive lumps. I am fairly lean but I would still get lumps.
I started using 1in needles IM in the shoulders, but no more than 0.5ml in one location.
As an example, I inject 1ml (600mg of l carnitine), divided into .5ml injections in 1 shoulder and then another .5ml in the other shoulder right after.
Also, if you're going to use a .5 inch needle, you need to bury the needle in...ive pushed .5 inch needles in so hard before they came back out bent :oops:

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It burns and knots , but goes away quickly when IM. Sub q = severe lumping for days

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do any board sponsors carry this ?

Pswain78

Awards
I was using my 5/8” pin that I use for my trt. I even tried mixing it with my hcg and it still left lumps for days. It might of just been the pharmacy grade stuff.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think the only board sponsor with injectables is supreme labs. I haven't looked, but I kinda doubt they have it. make sure to use the code
No they do not, Thanks !

tao77

Awards
Hi guys

Is this normal?

usually means you did not get deep enough, 1/2" is not long enough for an IM injection. it will be fine and the lump is from it pooling under the skin. It will go down but because of the BA it will be sore a few days. I have always used a 1.5" 22g needle for everything. a 1" is usually fine for delts ect.. but i figure why bother.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is AA still around ? There web site is gone ??

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also for everyone on the needle size, if you can't pin your delt IM with a 1/2in you need to go on a diet!
I was thinking the same this, I'm pretty thick skinned and 1/2" works for me

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m fat AF and can hit muscle in delts with 1/2” slinpin
I would disagree on the fat thing, but I get your point !

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is AA still around ? There web site is gone ??
their domain is in "clienthold" status again

their Instagram says they're changing hosting providers but I think it might actually be a change in domain registration service.

I placed an order by using their ip address in my hosts file but I don't think I have a way to email them

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is AA still around ? There web site is gone

their Instagram says they're changing hosting providers but I think it might actually be a change in domain registration service.

I placed an order by using their ip address in my hosts file but I don't think I have a way to email them
??
Yep, it’s supposed to be back up in a couple of days.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Yep, it’s supposed to be back up in a couple of days.

Thanks guys !!