Our dear thebigt passed away :(

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have not been active on this site for years. ThebigT was a mainstay here and always a constant. He is someone I will always remember fondly. I'm glad to see the outpouring of love and support others have for him. He was a friend to many who made a lasting impact, as testament to how hard this news has hit me. He will be missed.

sufficient_page

Awards
though i never got to know thebigt as i am still new here, RIP, seems like a good fella who passed sadly at a young age

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dear good people,

Today, I opened inbox and there was a message from thebigt:
"I need to inform you that Terry passed away on friday,April the 8th"

I knew Terry many years and he was one of the most down to earth. Always positive , kind and always ready to help guy.

One of my last messages to Terry was:
"Haha you nailed it my friend. And I need to say, I am happy to know you Terry. You are a good man , down to earth and big heart. But you have seen the life from all perspectives and that makes you the person you are today my friend."

I looked the messages between us and tears came. This is really really sad.
I will really miss you my friend <3

Terry believed in God and I hope our God, the most merciful the eternally gracious may rest his soul in peace and bless his family <3

The reason this is posted in Supplement section is because this is the one he liked best
Awful news.. rest in peace... Thoughts and prayers for his family.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Funny to miss someone you never met in person, or even saw, but I found myself missing BigT the other day when a song came on I enjoy in training. He always supported my goals and progress right since the beginning when I joined the forum a decade ago, going out of his way to lift me up when he could.

The kind of guy you know from the gym who lifts the whole place up by being there, that makes you feel like a club where people are happy to see you. T was always happy to see me, and I really appreciated that positivity.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Funny to miss someone you never met in person, or even saw, but I found myself missing BigT the other day when a song came on I enjoy in training. He always supported my goals and progress right since the beginning when I joined the forum a decade ago, going out of his way to lift me up when he could.

The kind of guy you know from the gym who lifts the whole place up by being there, that makes you feel like a club where people are happy to see you. T was always happy to see me, and I really appreciated that positivity.
Great post brother!!!! Took the words right out of my mouth. Was thinking of him a few weeks ago while out on a trail run. That ole boy loved to run 🏃‍♂️

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Any time I hear a Pink Floyd song, I instantly think of BigT.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I guess it just the pervert in me, but when I see a "Big Rack" I think of him, he did have a love of large boob !!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

same.. couple weeks ago, someone was discussing this super old movie at work .. and i swear i was like to myself bigT would know and prolly can talk about it for days.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey BigT .. i cracked 10K posts, i know you woulda messaged me like you did on 5k hehe

miss you brother.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
This is terrible to find out this morning. I only pop in here every now and then but BigT was one of the ones who always was willing to help and be there for you. I never met him in person but he seemed like a great standup guy. I pray that he's in a great place now.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man this is a shock. Haven’t been active due to be in jail finally got the charge dropped. This is a shock to me like many of you when you read this. I’m going through my old convos with BigT. Rest In Peace big brother.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Man this is a shock. Haven’t been active due to be in jail finally got the charge dropped. This is a shock to me like many of you when you read this. I’m going through my old convos with BigT. Rest In Peace big brother.
Good to hear you are back on the outside !!

PollyPipe

PollyPipe

Awards
Dear good people,

Today, I opened inbox and there was a message from thebigt:
"I need to inform you that Terry passed away on friday,April the 8th"

I knew Terry many years and he was one of the most down to earth. Always positive , kind and always ready to help guy.

One of my last messages to Terry was:
"Haha you nailed it my friend. And I need to say, I am happy to know you Terry. You are a good man , down to earth and big heart. But you have seen the life from all perspectives and that makes you the person you are today my friend."

I looked the messages between us and tears came. This is really really sad.
I will really miss you my friend <3

Terry believed in God and I hope our God, the most merciful the eternally gracious may rest his soul in peace and bless his family <3

The reason this is posted in Supplement section is because this is the one he liked best
o very shocked news i really so upset when i read your text. i am weeping now. :cry: RIP

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have not been on here in over 10 years maybe nine it is an extreme bummer to see this post. I’m literally crying right now he was a very good friend of mine I will miss him. Rest in peace Big T

Last edited:
Dick-Hertz

Dick-Hertz

Awards
Ive met some good people on forums. Even got very close visiting each others houses, meeting at Strongman events, etc.
One guy became a very dear friend and recently passed away while mowing his lawn. Tears me up...
We've been meeting up for 13 yrs or so, drinking beers, trading vintage barbells and dumbbells, etc.

Its OK to miss those on forums who have passed. Its like a brotherhood...

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to see you kicking man. Come back to the forum! If you aren’t lifting, we have a good group here who will support you getting back into it.
Thank you sir!!
I am back here to get my shizz back on track.
I gaind a lot of fat and weight. Not doing so good. Just got out of recovery for another ACL and meniscus surgery.
So hard to get back in the groove man

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you sir!!
I am back here to get my shizz back on track.
I gaind a lot of fat and weight. Not doing so good. Just got out of recovery for another ACL and meniscus surgery.
So hard to get back in the groove man

I hope we can help you get back on track !! @skinnybones

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's been years since I've been on here, and this is truly sad news. I had a lot of good back and forth with thebigt many years ago. All my thoughts to his family and loved ones
Nice to see you back bro. He was definitely a great guy and I’m sure he appreciated you

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's been years since I've been on here, and this is truly sad news. I had a lot of good back and forth with thebigt many years ago. All my thoughts to his family and loved ones
Welcome Back, and yes Big T is certainly missed !!

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I want to share with you good people.
Couple of days ago, I woke up realizing I dreamed about my father who passed away in 2021 and about our good friend BigT. Dreamed about both same night. I smiled but at the same time I felt sad.
I miss them both

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Fucking A man… I know I’m late to this but **** haven’t been on for quite some time and I came on to ask Terry if he had any suggestions on recent supplements just to see this as the top post on the supplement forum. BigT was a great dude. I’ve been on AM for somewhere in the range of 15 or more years and he ALWAYS took the time to respond to messages and have chats. RIP

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey bigT .. merry xmas brother.
hopefully enjoying the holidays in heaven.

we all miss you down here .

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh no! I just saw this! My thoughts and prayers go out to BigT’s family. What a sad loss, T was such a legend, icon, and all around great human.

I always loved interacted with him. Talking about music, tennis, and life. He was such a staple and important figure to the AM community. Every time I would go rouge, disappear, and come back, he would always be one of the first to welcome me back.

Such a sad loss, to this community, and the world, he will always live on through all our shared memories, and stories. R.I.P. big guy.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Its hard to believe that it has been almost a year.

There have only been a few real losses of people "in my life" for people who I really didn't know personally - but for whom I sensed a closeness that was stronger than it would have been under the circumstances. One was The Big T. Another was Frank Pastore, an ex-baseball player who became a Christian radio personality. I spoke to him several times and met him once in person, when he helped talk me through my son's impending "Tommy John" surgery. The conditions of his death were strangely prophetic.

People like that "have a special place".

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been away from the forums for a while and popped in specifically to say hi to Terry and this is what I find. 😥
I really didn't even realize that I had been away from here that long. There's so much that he brought to this forum with his love of helping others, his humor, the knowledge that he shared and his PMs of just checking in on you.
I'm sure the Lord welcomed you with a "Well done my good and faithful servant! Well, done!"

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This will be my 38,000th post on this board, and although I could never reach the level of help and inspiration that TheBigT did, I just wanted to Honor him here !! The Big T was a boob man and so I thought I will just leave one of his favorite girls here.

Big T, We Love You, Miss You and are Always Thinking On You! Thank you for making the earth a better place!

Brandy.jpg