Our dear thebigt passed away :(

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is incredibly sad. The last post I remember from him was when he responded to my song thread; he loved to play Free Bird and so much more. May he continue to listen to his favorite songs while working out in Heaven.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, there is a certain cardiopulmonary disease that has been plaguing us for more than two years now that is far from resolved upon cessation of symptoms. It’s a common link between those two deaths and could be an explanation for others who have gone amongst the missing.

Just sayin.. (as T used to say)

T was never afraid to call things like it is..
Not going to lie, this certainly came to mind but a bypass machine would indicate some type of blockage I thought and what we’re referring to wouldnt cause that

Last edited:
delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
this is a challenging thing not to be emotional about - I woke up this morning and had an email from @cheftepesh1 advising me of this thread. T was a great friend and he and I chatted often. He had such a passion for the products we were working on and having him rep for us was an honor and a blessing for me. I'd just sent him a bonus gift pack as a token of my appreciation for all he does.

He was such a great guy, anytime I was off the forum for more than a few days he'd message me to make sure everything was ok...he truly cared an incredible amount for people!

I will be preparing a care package for his family.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

not my kind of genre of music ..besides rap or michael jackson i really dont listen to anything else.

but gonna be bumping his playlist and dedicate the hardwork in the gym and make him proud.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m really sorry to read this. He was someone who has been helpful and friendly to me ever since I joined this forum, about a decade ago now. Always looking out for others, a great member of this community, & someone with the right priorities in place. He was always grateful for the way he had turned his life around and made fitness a healthier addiction - he knew God had given him a second chance and he didn’t waste it on things that don’t matter like money.

He knew life is about things like family time, good music, running with the sun in your face.
I’m sad he’s passed, but so grateful to have known him.

Rest In Peace, BigT.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
While I'm relatively new here, there's no question in my mind that Terry had a rock-solid faith in Jesus Christ, and in this regard I can confidently call him my brother.

I'm also confident that his faith in the Lord has brought him home to a far more majestic paradise than Aruba or any other vacation spot any of us could dream of on this planet. He is in the presence of his Savior, excitedly awaiting the arrival of those he knew and loved here on earth who also have trusted in the saving work of Jesus Christ. I'm sure his family misses him dearly, but he's not gone, he's just enjoying paradise in a new and everlasting body. And if you also have placed your trust in the Lord, then I bet he'll be excited to take you on a 7k run up there to show you around the place when you arrive.

I celebrate the life that he spent here on this planet and the many lives that he touched over his years. His outspoken faith very likely sowed seeds in the hearts of others that grew into a trusting faith in the same loving God.

He's home now and in the Lord's loving arms, and I know he's loving every moment!

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn BigT was a genuinely great person, really enjoyed talking with him on here. Really saddened by seeing this thread

My thoughts are with his family and friends (including alot of people on here)

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s amazing that we know people from here that have such a big impact on our lives and how we see the world. BigT was always positive, always pushing forward and never a bad word about anyone. We should all take a pan from his book. He will be truly missed.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Whilst reading comments on here i just remembered how Bigt was always saying how he was off to spend time fishing etc with his grandkids, he knew what was really important

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
this is a challenging thing not to be emotional about - I woke up this morning and had an email from @cheftepesh1 advising me of this thread. T was a great friend and he and I chatted often. He had such a passion for the products we were working on and having him rep for us was an honor and a blessing for me. I'd just sent him a bonus gift pack as a token of my appreciation for all he does.

He was such a great guy, anytime I was off the forum for more than a few days he'd message me to make sure everything was ok...he truly cared an incredible amount for people!

I will be preparing a care package for his family.
Your so right, it was only the past few months I chatted with him often but even before that he randomly would send me a PM to say merry Christmas or happy new year, in one of my old threads last year I mentioned it was my birthday and he sent me a pm to say happy birthday.

He was a really nice guy, when Mike Arnold was looking for a maresearchchems rep it was thebigt that tagged me into the thread and recommended that I'd be a good fit.

I had a really shitty day today, I never actually met this guy in person yet hearing he was gone genuinely took me down a couple notches and put me in a sad place. I'm sorry if I'm rambling, he was just a really good dude. I'm gonna miss busting his balls with senior citizen jokes😓

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What an awful thread title to read. The man obviously had a love of life itself, and the ups and downs, he approached with passion and positivity. That's what makes this news even sadder. I know I will really miss his input here. Prayers to his family.

May your memory be eternal, BigT.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your so right, it was only the past few months I chatted with him often but even before that he randomly would send me a PM to say merry Christmas or happy new year, in one of my old threads last year I mentioned it was my birthday and he sent me a pm to say happy birthday.

He was a really nice guy, when Mike Arnold was looking for a maresearchchems rep it was thebigt that tagged me into the thread and recommended that I'd be a good fit.

I had a really shitty day today, I never actually met this guy in person yet hearing he was gone genuinely took me down a couple notches and put me in a sad place. I'm sorry if I'm rambling, he was just a really good dude. I'm gonna miss busting his balls with senior citizen jokes😓
He did the same to me with Thanksgiving last year. Totally random PM from him wishing me a happy thanksgiving. Little things like that make people feel appreciated, and it’s not a common occurrence these days.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
He did the same to me with Thanksgiving last year. Totally random PM from him wishing me a happy thanksgiving. Little things like that make people feel appreciated, and it’s not a common occurrence these days.
Yup def brighten my holidays up when I was going thru tough times

Good hearted dude for sure and shows how many people here respected him

Kind of legacy every man wants to leave behind.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Helluva a run from the nicest person I've interacted with online. He gave me encouraging feedback on my BN eForm review back in 2006 and brought positivity to my DMs on a regular basis ever since.

He always asked about my kids and then followed up with how proud he is of his family.

I'm gonna wear 20 lb ankle weights to bed tonight in memory of my forum big brother.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
**** ... This is so sad.. 😥 A big BIG part of AM gone.. From familylife, social life, lifting, supps, politics, what ever part of life, it all just tied together with this guy here in AM. Could talk and have talked about and shared so many different things with T. Already missing him..

To ecko some of the other members words, this is not about me and I don't mean this post to be either, but I do feel like sharing - in honor of T - an example of his presence here on AM, as right now I'm running a product, that he has been telling me to try a long time (one of the many) and while we allways like to share our experiences, it was him to whom I was the most excited to tell how this run is going. Another thing I'm yet again realising, as I'm reading through these beautiful posts honoring T, is the impact an 'anonymous' forum member can have. I was having a night out with a group of friends yesterday and didn't see this news untill just now upon waking up and it's better I didn't see this yesterday, as this has me very sad. I'm absolutely sure my friends would not understand, when I tell them that a forum member is gone and it fucking hurts.. But T has that impact on me and on us. And will keep having an impact by leaving a warm mark on the souls of his family members and friends, including us.

RIP my friend ❤

Last edited:
poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's actually interesting. I came from 1fast400, like thebigt iirc, and I've been on here since 2004 or something. Forums like this provide connection with people you'd never have contact with them otherwise, and even though we rarely meet in real life, that connection is there, and probably deeper than we might think given it's all virtual.

The decline is forums, and transition to Facebook groups, and reddit, doesn't provide the same ability to build connections with people. It's a shame. So thank you to the admin here, who keep this alive, and allow us to maintain these decades long connections.

And I swear, if I go, I expect a thread of mayhem and mischief, a yearly kettlebell swing challenge (whoever does the most consecutive swings with a 28kg wins) and a mandatory downing of beers, then a 471page thread arguing if it's because I'm not vaxxed, or not. Lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I considered Terry to be a good friend, he was a big fan of Get Diesel Products and we talked a lot. Very Sad !!:cry:

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Even though I’m new here, you could tell BigT was a good guy. Always upbeat and helpful, was very sad to hear this as well, especially when I thought he was on vacation with his family. Prayers to his family and friends.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interesting fact about theBigt, although he had one of it not the highest post count on here, he never posted a single picture (of anything) I would love to know why ?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting fact about theBigt, although he had one of it not the highest post count on here, he never posted a single picture (of anything) I would love to know why ?
I have sent to.him.many pics (Nature in Norway ++) but never got any pic back. What I got back was plenty of warm and kind words.
I really miss him

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Well damn. I don't post too often, remember when I first found this board and he was one of the big reasons I frequented it. Horrible news, my heart goes out to his family and everyone around him. Just a solid guy all around. In my thoughts and prayers.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just saw this….so sad. Such a special and caring brother that sincerely tried to help everyone that asked. Praying for his family.
Your walking on those Streets of Gold now big guy. RIP 🙏

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
His icon is actually a pic of himself from about 12 or 13 years ago. The tech wasn't as easy to use back then and he couldn't quite get the lighting to cooperate (I think he tried to use an old school webcam). He also managed to somehow save that pic in a bunch of tiles rather than a basic photo. We had a good laugh about it, although I don't know if that discussion was here on AM or another forum.

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that is probably o e of the few I chat with here on the Firum since 2009 ...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Im still feeling shitty about this. If anyone comes across the semi recent thread where he mentioned he was training for a race please tag me into it. I'd like to know how long of a distance that race was and try to go run it. I know it sounds a little rediculous but I think it will make me feel better. @poison idea of ppl doing the kettbell swings gave me the idea.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im still feeling shitty about this. If anyone comes across the semi recent thread where he mentioned he was training for a race please tag me into it. I'd like to know how long of a distance that race was and try to go run it. I know it sounds a little rediculous but I think it will make me feel better. @poison idea of ppl doing the kettbell swings gave me the idea.
It's not silly. Remembrance matters. Thousands of people who never knew the guy do Murph every year. It doesn't matter what the relationship is, if it meant something to YOU, there's nothing silly about it.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I considered Terry to be a good friend, he was a big fan of Get Diesel Products and we talked a lot. Very Sad !!:cry:
Yep he was a BIG fan of Get Diesel Products like myself and he and I use to send messages back in forth
about how we felt on the Get Diesel Products we had experience with. This is such a shock to ALL on this
forum who always interacted with him about supplements and just life in general He will be deeply missed
but NOT forgotten and my condolences go out to his family and closest friends.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have to admit, men, that this has hit me hard.

There was one other time when a "friend" who I'd never met died. His name was Frank Pastori. He was an ex-pitcher for the Cincinnati Reds. He, too, was a Christian, and in his later life became a Christian Radio Talk Host (after, early in his career, being agnostic). I spoke to him about my son's "Tommy John" surgery, since he had also been through that. He, too, was a good and Godly man.

I miss Frank.

I miss Terry.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
He was the one that put me up for the mrsupps rep, then from there it got me a Redcon1 deal. Then a Raze energy deal before my divorce. He will be greatly missed. RIP my old firend

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't know the particular thread, but he officially tracked 7k and that was the race he was training for.

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Am shocked at this news. He always helped me when I had a question or query and was the reason I kept coming back here when I first joined AM as I loved his enthusiasm and advice he would give people.

Truly sorry for his friends and family. God bless them all :(