Unanswered Ostarine- PCT Needed?

Miles Johnson

Awards
Just finished a ten week cycle of Ostarine at 25 mg per day. I'm curious to know if a heavy duty PCT is needed? I have access to Nolva and Clomid but not sure if it's necessary. I have read some things about these products (especially Clomid) causing side effects of their own which makes me cautious.

What's the general consensus? Does Osta shut you down to the point where something like this is needed, or could I get by with herbal test boosters? Thinking a combination of Tribulus, Maca, Tongkat Ali, Zinc, boron, and Mucuna Pruriens among others. FWIW- I don't "feel" shut down but I haven't gotten a blood test. In part this is because I don't have health insurance (self employed) so I don't have a physician and don't really know where to begin. Only place I know to get a blood test is a trt clinic that wants $400 to evaluate you as a possible client (I did this 18 months ago but my T Levels were high enough that they said I wasn't a good candidate) so this doesn't seem cost effective.

On another note- I've read a lot of people who think Ostarine is junk, so I thought I should mention that my experience was incredible. I went from 213 lbs at 11.4% bodyfat to 235 lbs at 11.1%. Strength numbers approximately 10-15% beyond my previous bests- which might not sound incredible, but at 43 with almost 30 years of training I never dreamed I'd lift this much (been at pretty much a plateau for past 15 years or so).

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just finished a ten week cycle of Ostarine at 25 mg per day. I'm curious to know if a heavy duty PCT is needed? I have access to Nolva and Clomid but not sure if it's necessary. I have read some things about these products (especially Clomid) causing side effects of their own which makes me cautious.

What's the general consensus? Does Osta shut you down to the point where something like this is needed, or could I get by with herbal test boosters? Thinking a combination of Tribulus, Maca, Tongkat Ali, Zinc, boron, and Mucuna Pruriens among others. FWIW- I don't "feel" shut down but I haven't gotten a blood test. In part this is because I don't have health insurance (self employed) so I don't have a physician and don't really know where to begin. Only place I know to get a blood test is a trt clinic that wants $400 to evaluate you as a possible client (I did this 18 months ago but my T Levels were high enough that they said I wasn't a good candidate) so this doesn't seem cost effective.

On another note- I've read a lot of people who think Ostarine is junk, so I thought I should mention that my experience was incredible. I went from 213 lbs at 11.4% bodyfat to 235 lbs at 11.1%. Strength numbers approximately 10-15% beyond my previous bests- which might not sound incredible, but at 43 with almost 30 years of training I never dreamed I'd lift this much (been at pretty much a plateau for past 15 years or so).
That's some crazy results for ostarine, could be some placebo but even then the results say there is more at play. I would run a mini pct to be on the safe side in case what you were taking was actually something else. Sounds like some heavy nitrogen retention has been going on which shouldn't really happen with ostarine.

Miles Johnson

Awards
That's some crazy results for ostarine, could be some placebo but even then the results say there is more at play. I would run a mini pct to be on the safe side in case what you were taking was actually something else. Sounds like some heavy nitrogen retention has been going on which shouldn't really happen with ostarine.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah it's really blown my mind. I don't know how much of a role this may have played, but I've been incredibly motivated training wise and my diet has been flawless, with lots of steak and vegetables and protein powder, and very little refined sugars, starches or processed foods.

When you say a mini PCT, would 25 mg clomid for four weeks along with 10 mg Nolva for four weeks sound about right?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’d do a real PCT with a SERM to be on the safe side. I do agree, I’ve never heard of results anywhere close to that with just ostarine. I’m not gonna say it’s impossible, but holy crap that’s some serious gains.

I don’t think you necessarily need both clomid and nolva, I’ve typically done one or the other. Side effects of each seem to be extremely variable from one person to the next, but I’ve never had a single issue with either.

Not to be a jerk, but I have to ask, why did you wait until after you finished to ask about PCT? That’s something you should have been thinking about before starting the cycle.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah it's really blown my mind. I don't know how much of a role this may have played, but I've been incredibly motivated training wise and my diet has been flawless, with lots of steak and vegetables and protein powder, and very little refined sugars, starches or processed foods.

When you say a mini PCT, would 25 mg clomid for four weeks along with 10 mg Nolva for four weeks sound about right?
Just use clomid. No need to do both clomid and nolva. 1 SERM is sufficient.

dondon

dondon

Awards
  • Established
I would do HCG and sustain alpha to get your LH jump started

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I usually go clomid only for 3 to 4 weeks like 50/25/25/12.5 but I'm probably not the best to ask as my test is currently rock bottom.

bobilicious5k

Awards
I was on a cycle of ostarine and my test went down to about 117 from a cycle of that ( I have low t, my normal is 300). I’m now on trt for the low test, but ostarine does have some degree of lowering test. To be safe I would do clomid if it were me.

City Boy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just based on the before and after stats I would do a PCT

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Those are INCREDIBLE results. How was the tendons and recovery during the cycle??

Miles Johnson

Awards
Those are INCREDIBLE results. How was the tendons and recovery during the cycle??
That's a complicated question. During the spring before I started Ostarine , my joints went from chronically bad to worse. It got to the point where I just couldn't push myself through a lot of key exercises such as Military Press, Biceps Curls, skullcrushers, Bench Press,Incline Bench, and Pullups anymore. I could barely cobble together a half assed routine, which in turn made it that much harder to get through a workout as my motivation was going down the crapper. I could see a vicious cycle emerging. So in June I started up with TB-500 and BPC 157. A few weeks later I decided to go "all in" and try the Ostarine too.

So my joints feel much better, but difficult to tell if its the Osta or the other peptides. Not perfect, for sure- but I can now do all of the exercises listed above. Only thing I really can't do is skullcrushers- I can fight through some heavy sets but it's a huge mistake as my elbows will kill me for days afterward.

Miles Johnson

Awards
I’d do a real PCT with a SERM to be on the safe side. I do agree, I’ve never heard of results anywhere close to that with just ostarine. I’m not gonna say it’s impossible, but holy crap that’s some serious gains.

I don’t think you necessarily need both clomid and nolva, I’ve typically done one or the other. Side effects of each seem to be extremely variable from one person to the next, but I’ve never had a single issue with either.

Not to be a jerk, but I have to ask, why did you wait until after you finished to ask about PCT? That’s something you should have been thinking about before starting the cycle.
Good old fashioned procrastination lol. FWIW, I just finished the Osta cycle a few days ago and I have both clomid and Nolva already.

Consensus seems to be that Clomid alone is sufficient and Nolva is not needed... anyone feel differently based on the following info-

1. I'm prone to gyno- as I had mild flare ups about 20 years ago from both the old school Androstendione they sold in the mid to late 90s and from Propecia. Even last year when I had blood work done, my E2 was at 39 (with normal range going up to 40 so I was right at the maximum). The gyno went away but between these factors thinking I may have a predisposition to higher E2.

2. I'm prone to depression as well (jesus I sound like a mess lol) and from what I've heard that is a side effect of Clomid for some.

3 I already have both Nolva and Clomid on hand so saving money isn't a consideration.

Miles Johnson

Awards
Also in my PCT- I'm doing MK-677, Cardarine and Laxogin (Halo specifically). Between the three hoping to maintain my gains.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Since I’m a woman I’m not going to comment on PCT but re: lab work … you can order your own labs online from Walk In Labs. They work with labcorp facilities. After you pay, they email your orders to you and you take it to the lab. You can order certain panels for a reduced fee or just individual tests.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good old fashioned procrastination lol. FWIW, I just finished the Osta cycle a few days ago and I have both clomid and Nolva already.

Consensus seems to be that Clomid alone is sufficient and Nolva is not needed... anyone feel differently based on the following info-

1. I'm prone to gyno- as I had mild flare ups about 20 years ago from both the old school Androstendione they sold in the mid to late 90s and from Propecia. Even last year when I had blood work done, my E2 was at 39 (with normal range going up to 40 so I was right at the maximum). The gyno went away but between these factors thinking I may have a predisposition to higher E2.

2. I'm prone to depression as well (jesus I sound like a mess lol) and from what I've heard that is a side effect of Clomid for some.

3 I already have both Nolva and Clomid on hand so saving money isn't a consideration.
I wouldn't say clomid directly effects depression it can at high doses make you "care" more about things.

Im curious, have you been this heavy and lean in the past? Could muscle memory have played a part in your amazing results?

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think the other question is.....what brand of Osta was it? 🤣

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Let me confirm a few things for you... first of all it unless you’re lying and gained 25 lbs of fat, it wasn’t ostarine. Ostarine is not a muscle builder and no sarms is strong enough to add 25 lbs and drop half a % of BF on someone. Not happening. Some of the harshest prohormones would barely even do that. 2- of course you’d need a PCT for ostarine because it’s quite suppressive even though it’s almost useless IMO. now that we know for sure you were not running ostarine i would do a strong PCT and get bloodworks done asap. 3- if you’re serious I’d question my source..

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Let me confirm a few things for you... first of all it unless you’re lying and gained 25 lbs of fat, it wasn’t ostarine. Ostarine is not a muscle builder and no sarms is strong enough to add 25 lbs and drop half a % of BF on someone. Not happening. Some of the harshest prohormones would barely even do that. 2- of course you’d need a PCT for ostarine because it’s quite suppressive even though it’s almost useless IMO. now that we know for sure you were not running ostarine i would do a strong PCT and get bloodworks done asap. 3- if you’re serious I’d question my source..
This! No way in hell you were taking Ostarine with those results. You definitely need a PCT.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This! No way in hell you were taking Ostarine with those results. You definitely need a PCT.
Jesus even someone on 30mg SD for 4 weeks on a bulk would barely gain that.

Miles Johnson

Awards
I wouldn't say clomid directly effects depression it can at high doses make you "care" more about things.

Im curious, have you been this heavy and lean in the past? Could muscle memory have played a part in your amazing results?
No I have not. Previous high for lean body mass was 193, now I’m at 210 Lbs LBM so muscle memory not a factor.

Miles Johnson

Awards
Since I’m a woman I’m not going to comment on PCT but re: lab work … you can order your own labs online from Walk In Labs. They work with labcorp facilities. After you pay, they email your orders to you and you take it to the lab. You can order certain panels for a reduced fee or just individual tests.
Thank you for the feedback. Can you tell me (approximately) what the cost will be?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I accidentally gain 25lbs all the time. Don’t know what you guys is talkin....

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep, this right here... No way that was osta unless you had some muscle wasting disease for a bit and were rebounding as well or something. My first Osta experience was similar until I realized through some other sides that whatever was in it was not OSTA. My following OSTA runs were in line with others experiences and just not that impressive.

Also not everyone feels bad when they are suppressed but no matter what that was if it was strong enough for those gains it was strong enough to suppress you. I would suggest that Clomid is the way to go IMHO.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you for the feedback. Can you tell me (approximately) what the cost will be?
I paid about $300 for a VERY extensive panel but individual tests can vary. And if you group a few together it’s cheaper.

Miles Johnson

Awards
Attached are my results. I included results every 3 to 4 weeks so you could see the progression. I haven’t done any anabolics in 20 years so maybe fresh receptors plays a role? Or Maybe I’m just an “outlier” in terms of how I responded.

Attachments

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can’t even imagine what would happen if you took an actually effective drug. You may be a hyper responder.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Attached are my results. I included results every 3 to 4 weeks so you could see the progression. I haven’t done any anabolics in 20 years so maybe fresh receptors plays a role? Or Maybe I’m just an “outlier” in terms of how I responded.
I don’t doubt your effort into the cycle or anything bro. I’m just stating it is IMPOSSIBLE that ostarine gives such result. It’s not a personal opinion that I’m stating it’s facts.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t doubt your effort into the cycle or anything bro. I’m just stating it is IMPOSSIBLE that ostarine gives such result. It’s not a personal opinion that I’m stating it’s facts.
Agreed, no one is accusing you of not getting the results. You just most likely got a spiked product. Real steroids and designers both are cheaper raws than SARMS so it would make sense for someone trying to make a buck to spike their product.
Private md labs. Female panel. 69.97. They usually run a 10% off coupon for the month so it comes down a bit as well
I was going to mention this. Good stuff!