bfriedman1017
Member
Will ostarine shut me down. I was planning on running 25Mg for 4 to 8 Weeks. But I really don't wanna be shut down and need to wait longer for next cycle. If I stack hcgenerate or something else with the ostarine would that help
Sure. If I recall correctly, it's frowned upon to link to other forums, so I'll copy and paste.Any way the rest of us can get a gander at these bloods?
ManBeast
On the 7th of Feb I started taking Ostarine staring at 5 mg per day and going up to 10 mg. Before I started I had a full baseline blood test on the 4th of Feb (see below), this test flagged little to be concerned about. The cholesterol level was a little elevated and I started taking Benecol (daily drink) to help bring the numbers back to the “normal” range this.
I have experienced the following side effects from the drug:
First couple of days: Slight head ache, possibly a slight increase in libido.
Ongoing:
Lethargy (this is the biggest issue though it does not affect workouts)
Sleep disturbance, mainly due to what appears to be an increased body temperature.
Thirst
Increased appetite
Slight acid reflux (this was experienced last night). I have only had this happen one other time when taking anti malarial drugs (unfortunate side effect of the drugs).
Blood pressure has been totally normal throughout.
As you can see below, the second blood work dated 14th Feb shows, fewer issues (see with*) after taking the drug than before, apart from what appears to be a significant drop in total Testosterone levels. This is something I had not expected as the drug is meant to have little or no suppression.
I would be interested in getting opinions on this.
Could this change from 15.9 nmol/L to 9.6 nmol/L be a normal daily fluctuation in Testosterone level? It does seem to be quite a large 1/3 fluctuation.
If this is symptoms of suppression, this is quite fast (week) in happening for a drug that is meant to have little or no suppression.
Thanks.
RESULTS Base Line. 4th of Feb 2011
HAEMATOLOGY
HAEMOGLOBIN 15.0 g/dL 13.0 - 17.0
HCT 0.442 0.37 - 0.50
RED CELL COUNT 5.08 x10^12/L 4.40 - 5.80
MCV 87.0 fL 80 - 99
MCH 29.5 pg 26.0 - 33.5
MCHC 33.9 g/dL 30 - 35
RDW 13.9 11.5 - 15.0
PLATELET COUNT 209 x10^9/L 150 - 400
MPV 11.3 fL 7 - 13
WHITE CELL COUNT 5.67 x10^9/L 3.0 - 10.0
Neutrophils 2.46 x10^9/L 2.0 - 7.5
Lymphocytes 2.31 x10^9/L 1.2 - 3.65
Monocytes 0.51 x10^9/L 0.2 - 1.0
Eosinophils 0.37 x10^9/L 0.0 - 0.4
Basophils 0.02 x10^9/L 0.0 - 0.1
All cell populations appear normal.
ESR 6 mm/hr 1 - 10
BIOCHEMISTRY
SODIUM 144 mmol/L 135 - 145
POTASSIUM 4.0 mmol/L 3.5 - 5.1
CHLORIDE 104 mmol/L 98 - 107
BICARBONATE 27 mmol/l 22 - 29
UREA 6.2 mmol/L 1.7 - 8.3
CREATININE 80 umol/L 66 - 112
BILIRUBIN 15 umol/L 0 - 20
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE *38 IU/L 40 - 129
ASPARTATE TRANSFERASE 18 IU/L 0 - 37
ALANINE TRANSFERASE 21 IU/L 10 - 50
LDH 270 IU/L 240 - 480
CK 93 IU/L 38 - 204
GAMMA GT 27 IU/L 10 - 71
Please note new reference range effective 22/09/09
TOTAL PROTEIN 71 g/L 63 - 83
ALBUMIN *51 g/L 34 - 50
GLOBULIN 20 g/L 19 - 35
CALCIUM 2.39 mmol/L 2.15 - 2.55
Corrected Calcium 2.24 mmol/L 2.15 - 2.55
PHOSPHATE 1.28 mmol/L 0.87 - 1.45
URIC ACID 344 umol/L 266 - 474
FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE 4.7 mmol/L 3.9 - 5.8
FASTING TRIGLYCERIDES 0.9 mmol/L < 2.3
FASTING CHOLESTEROL *5.6 mmol/L Optimum <5.0
HDL CHOLESTEROL *1.7 mmol/L 0.9 - 1.5
HDL % of total 30 % 20 and over
LDL CHOLESTEROL *3.5 mmol/L Up to 3.0
IRON 19.0 umol/L 10.6 - 28.3
T.I.B.C 59 umol/L 41 - 77
TRANSFERRIN SATURATION 32 % 20 - 55
ENDOCRINOLOGY
TESTOSTERONE 15.9 nmol/L 7.6 - 31.4
Reference Ranges apply to adults
Method changed to testosterone II
effective 26.01.10
RESULTS after 7 days, 10 mg Ostarine (MK-2866) per day. 14th Feb 2011.
HAEMATOLOGY
HAEMOGLOBIN 15.5 g/dL 13.0 - 17.0
HCT 0.448 0.37 - 0.50
RED CELL COUNT 5.07 x10^12/L 4.40 - 5.80
MCV 88.4 fL 80 - 99
MCH 30.6 pg 26.0 - 33.5
MCHC 34.6 g/dL 30 - 35
RDW 14.2 11.5 - 15.0
PLATELET COUNT 212 x10^9/L 150 - 400
MPV 11.0 fL 7 - 13
WHITE CELL COUNT 5.73 x10^9/L 3.0 - 10.0
Neutrophils 3.06 x10^9/L 2.0 - 7.5
Lymphocytes 1.81 x10^9/L 1.2 - 3.65
Monocytes 0.56 x10^9/L 0.2 - 1.0
Eosinophils 0.28 x10^9/L 0.0 - 0.4
Basophils 0.02 x10^9/L 0.0 - 0.1
All cell populations appear normal.
ESR 7 mm/hr 1 - 10
This is an amended report and replaces the
previous report issued under the same laboratory
number. Date:14/02/11
BIOCHEMISTRY
SODIUM 143 mmol/L 135 - 145
POTASSIUM 4.8 mmol/L 3.5 - 5.1
CHLORIDE 104 mmol/L 98 - 107
BICARBONATE 28 mmol/l 22 - 29
UREA 5.9 mmol/L 1.7 - 8.3
CREATININE 72 umol/L 66 - 112
estimated GFR >90
BILIRUBIN 9 umol/L 0 - 20
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE *32 IU/L 40 - 129
ASPARTATE TRANSFERASE 22 IU/L 0 - 37
ALANINE TRANSFERASE 47 IU/L 10 - 50
LDH 300 IU/L 240 - 480
CK 170 IU/L 38 - 204
GAMMA GT 34 IU/L 10 - 71
Please note new reference range effective 22/09/09
TOTAL PROTEIN 75 g/L 63 - 83
ALBUMIN 50 g/L 34 - 50
GLOBULIN 25 g/L 19 - 35
CALCIUM 2.29 mmol/L 2.15 - 2.55
Corrected Calcium 2.15 mmol/L 2.15 - 2.55
PHOSPHATE 1.20 mmol/L 0.87 - 1.45
URIC ACID 341 umol/L 266 - 474
FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE 4.2 mmol/L 3.9 - 5.8
FASTING TRIGLYCERIDES 0.7 mmol/L < 2.3
FASTING CHOLESTEROL 4.6 mmol/L Optimum <5.0
HDL CHOLESTEROL 1.4 mmol/L 0.9 - 1.5
HDL % of total 30 % 20 and over
LDL CHOLESTEROL 2.9 mmol/L Up to 3.0
IRON 17.0 umol/L 10.6 - 28.3
T.I.B.C 66 umol/L 41 - 77
TRANSFERRIN SATURATION 26 % 20 - 55
ENDOCRINOLOGY
TESTOSTERONE 9.6 nmol/L 7.6 - 31.4
Reference Ranges apply to adults
Method changed to testosterone II
effective 26.01.10
Extra info:
Age 35
Weight 60 kg
ManBeast said:Thank you. Did they conclude that this was a normal fluctuation, or actual suppression? Or were there other factors (time of test/fasted etc.) not presented in that post?
ManBeast
They didn't really reach any conclusions. The post didn't get many replies, and most of those who replied had no knowledge of Ostarine.Thank you. Did they conclude that this was a normal fluctuation, or actual suppression? Or were there other factors (time of test/fasted etc.) not presented in that post?
ManBeast
bigdavid said:Ok a BIG issue here is this... who knows what they are REALLY putting into their body. There are so many ostarine sources..some good...some bad. I am sure half of them at least have contamination and a lot of them are prob spiked with steroids. This bloodwork and all the rest of it is kind of like taking an unlabeled bottle from a cabinet drinking it and then taking a blood test.. you dont know what you are taking. The ostarine suppression story will go on and on but the only real way I will convince myself that it is not suppressive (to me at least) is going to be by buying from a reputable source and then doing my own blood work. I'll prob do this in a few months actually...
Be sure to let me know how it goes man!!
bigdavid said:For sure Ill prob do it with the LMG version when it comes out... but also I might run a test booster along side it so that might even be enough to counteract any suppression...who knows lol
You mean IML? Iron mag labs. ?
Hehe. I donno if running it along side is beneficial but running it after helps. I'm not sure of the amount of suppression. Some say once you use anything that causes any suppression taking any natty test product is worthless. But then again recently people have been doing so and having better results so who knows lol.
bfriedman1017 said:Damn wonder if I should just such with igf, ipam and mod