Oral BPC-157

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone have any good experience with it?

I’m looking at a fairly reputable one made by the narrows labs guys...

Thanks

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Thanks
I haven't tried it. But some reports state that it doesn't work, because relatively little of the compound gets to where you need it to be.
I think @ChocolateClen might have an opinion on it.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well... You know, (like I said) I haven't tried it. But that actually MIGHT work.
Yeah man, this is what I’m thinking. IBS, reflux, etc, only though. Taking it orallyprobably won’t do anything for an injury since it’s a local effect

🤔 It’s not systematic so you’re getting the direct effect within the digestive system by doing this unless it’s destroyed, but I don’t see how pinning it anywhere else would aid in IBS

Now I could see an oral version of tb500 .

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe? I don’t know cause the absorption rates would be a lot lower than injected. For IBS though I have no idea. I just know that **** works for stuff like surgeries etc.

All you can do is try lol. Can’t hurt really since you’re body already makes it.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I found transdermal form of a mix of both bpc and tb500. Wonder how well that would work?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bpc 157 is one of the very few peptides where an oral version (it’s not exactly the same thing but is made from the protein in bpc 157) has nearly the same absorption rates/benefits as injectable.

Ive also read a lot of articles by smart people that all say you don’t need to site inject bpc. It’s systemic and will get to the site you need via the blood stream within minutes.

this is the best oral version I’ve heard of (note - I’ve never used it as I inject it sub q) from various podcasts etc

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Whisky, thanks for posting that. I'm going to give it a shot, in hopes that it helps with an old nagging shoulder injury. Flares up from time to time.

From what you've heard/read, is this something that can be taken for long periods of time? I can't imagine you'd need to take a break from something like this, but figured I'd ask. Thanks in advance!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bpc 157 is one of the very few peptides where an oral version (it’s not exactly the same thing but is made from the protein in bpc 157) has nearly the same absorption rates/benefits as injectable.

Ive also read a lot of articles by smart people that all say you don’t need to site inject bpc. It’s systemic and will get to the site you need via the blood stream within minutes.

this is the best oral version I’ve heard of (note - I’ve never used it as I inject it sub q) from various podcasts etc

Thanks for the link. I will give this a try.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anybody know if this would provide any relief for a pinched sciatic nerve??

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Much appreciated

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Whisky, thanks for posting that. I'm going to give it a shot, in hopes that it helps with an old nagging shoulder injury. Flares up from time to time.

From what you've heard/read, is this something that can be taken for long periods of time? I can't imagine you'd need to take a break from something like this, but figured I'd ask. Thanks in advance!
based on what I’ve seen from the studies it’s suggested that useage is daily until pain disappears up to a maximum of 4 weeks, then a break of 2 weeks before starting again if needed. I haven’t delved deeply into the mechanisms as to why that’s the suggestion but that was the takeaway.

personally I tend to use it once every 6 weeks for 7 days as a protective strategy (I combine it with tb500). Seems to work pretty well

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I found transdermal form of a mix of both bpc and tb500. Wonder how well that would work?
Probably not great, it’s a massive polypeptide so there’s a few things I see wrong with a TD.
1) it’s too big, wayyyy too big to enter via TD route.
2) applying it would break the peptide chains, it’s very sensitive because of its size
3) the heat from being constituted would break it down alone, I don’t know how they would keep it in a TD form without massive degradation.

Probably not as that’s more due to a spinal disk issue but it may help a little bit with inflammation around the area and possibly the disk itself? A better bet would probably be a local cortisone shot to kill the inflammation and lots of stretching if it’s muscular related. Wouldn’t hurt to try though. If it doesn’t work use it elsewhere

For those wondering, I ran it for like 12 weeks after shoulder surgery. From when I could inject all they way to where they said I was healed and I just needed more ROM. So I don’t know about the whole off and on thing but I know it worked for me

roidsarebad

roidsarebad

Awards

I ended up ordering a bottle of this to try out. Per their FAQ, users are noticing results after 3 weeks or so. Figure I should see something by the end of the first bottle. As a dude with old man knees, IBD, and an annoying bicep strain I can’t seem to get rid of, I figure this is worth a shot at 50 bucks. Thanks for posting the link.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m going with the one I mentioned soon...
All the reviews are great and I trust the brand

roidsarebad

roidsarebad

Awards
I’m going with the one I mentioned soon...
All the reviews are great and I trust the brand
If you think of it, can you let us know how it works for you after a few weeks or so?

roidsarebad

roidsarebad

Awards
Will do...I’m dealing with some pec pain and golfers elbow ...Neither of which are going away easily...
Yuck, hate those lingering issues. As I whined about earlier, I have a goofy bicep injury I’m hoping this will help with. Hopefully the oral version is beneficial, if not, injectable it is.

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
•My BPC-157 caps have arrived...I’m 2 in right now...I’ll update this weekly...
Excited to see your feedback man

Also, not seeing it on the narrows web site. Where did you find it?

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s a company related to em..On amazon, called infinite age

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I tried the Dr Seeds pills BPC (via Amazon) and didn't notice a thing.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
It caused a huge histamine response and immune upregulation in myself and several others

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
never heard of it in oral but i will be checking this out as i heard the healing properties are awesome

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

One comment: Based on email communications with Dr. Seeds, his product (if real) is the gastric peptide BPC. BPC 157 is a 15 amino acid fragment of the full BPC. Here is a link referencing the difference:

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How about specifically for IBS?
“Given directly into the stomach, BPC 157 instantly recovers disturbed lower esophageal and pyloric sphincter pressure in rats after 12-20 months of untreated esophagitis.”

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If something seems to good to be true, it probably is...I’m sending mine back for a full refund....(Amazon won’t let me write a review, haven’t spent enough cash via credit card)....I’ve got a screenshot of the maker of this product offering free product from their other company in exchange for ‘up votes’ to the amazon reviews...pm if anyone want it. I just find that shady.

PhoenixGamer

Awards
Dr. Seeds BPC product is not actual BPC-157. It is NOT the same thing and will not work.

"The Dr. Seeds BPC combination contains the protein from which the BPC peptide is extracted. While this is not directly the same thing as BPC-157, the results that come from the Dr. Seeds BPC combination are extremely similar to BPC-157, at a fraction of the price."

Actual oral BPC-157 from Tailor Made did nothing for me. Although I have dysbiosis so it likely impaired absorption. I have switched to injectable BPC-157 and it does work. However, I have stopped it because I became depressed from taking the BPC-157. I read the literature and it has negative effects on Serotonin synthesis in parts of the brain, ie Hypothalamus, Hippocampus, etc. I am going to restart at a lower dose in combination with nightly 5-HTP to provide serotonin to my body. NOTE: My neurotransmitters are all low from intestinal dysbiosis so the effect on serotonin synthesis may not affect most people.

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How about infinite age BPC-157 anyone heard of this.

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

PhoenixGamer

Awards
Probably not legit. Tailor Made Pharmacy charges about $380 for 30 capsules of the 500mcg strength.
So, this infinite age product is selling you 60 caps for $59.97, when a legit compounding pharmacy would charge you $760. Lol.

The Whizard

The Whizard

Awards
  • Established
Probably not legit. Tailor Made Pharmacy charges about $380 for 30 capsules of the 500mcg strength.
So, this infinite age product is selling you 60 caps for $59.97, when a legit compounding pharmacy would charge you $760. Lol.
Are you implying nothing is overpriced at pharmacies? It may not be legit but I wouldn't use the above rationale to assume it's not.

PhoenixGamer

Awards
Are you implying nothing is overpriced at pharmacies? It may not be legit but I wouldn't use the above rationale to assume it's not.
Nope. But common sense will tell you that you get what you pay for. These companies are clearly not selling actual BPC-157. This practice should be criminalized, but the people buying things would need to prove it. More often then not, they simply say it didn't work and move on, while these con artists make money.

JakeoDraco

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Thanks
I recently purchased Narrows BPC-157, however I was dosing the rest of the injectable BPC-157 (500mcg)I had left over stacked with tb500(1000mcg)daily with 2 oral caps daily(1000mcg) to help heal sever knee pain (could barely walk down sets of stairs) first week I didn’t notice much except the oral bpc made my stomach feel slightly queasy (I take 2 caps first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and wait about 30 minutes to eat) and also killed my appetite. The appetite suppressant is still an ongoing issue as well as a queasy stomach, however I must say my knees feel amazing currently at 3 and a half weeks in. I was only dosing the injectable for the first 5 days because that’s all I had left, however once I ran out of the injectable I started to add another capsule (500mcg) about mid day (1500mcg total daily intake) and started to notice results a few days later. Everyday I feel it’s getting better and better as I can now run up and down the stairs, with a slight pain but nothing like before. I would ignore the people who say it’s not orally available, if you look at the rodent studies it shows that they still made progress via oral administration and yes most peptides are not stable in gastric juice, however bpc Is an exception as it has been shown to enter the bloodstream when taken orally. I have also suffered from slight IBS and I can sure say that it is improving as well. IMO oral administration is not as powerful as injectable, however it’s not far from it iN my opinion. I would highly recommend giving the oral version a shot as it has worked for me! Also I would give some feedback if you decide to do so due to there being a lack of oral reviews. Hope this helps!

PortlandAllen

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Dr. Seed's contains no BPC-157 nor claims to contain, BPC-157. It claims that the compound they sell is like a 'pre-cursor' that your body will use to make BPC-157. If you had real BPC-157 it would be fine oral, injection, or even topically... that's what the rats experience anyway in the 140 studies I looked over. No difference in the amazing effects: injection, oral, or topical even using the same dose.

PortlandAllen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Much appreciated
Dr. Seeds does not contain BPC-157. Check the label. nor claims to contain, BPC-157. It claims that the compound they sell is like a 'pre-cursor' that your body will use to make BPC-157 That they use the letters BPC does not make it BPC-157. Maybe it's good. It just contains no BPC-157.

PortlandAllen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I recently purchased Narrows BPC-157, however I was dosing the rest of the injectable BPC-157 (500mcg)I had left over stacked with tb500(1000mcg)daily with 2 oral caps daily(1000mcg) to help heal sever knee pain (could barely walk down sets of stairs) first week I didn’t notice much except the oral bpc made my stomach feel slightly queasy (I take 2 caps first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and wait about 30 minutes to eat) and also killed my appetite. The appetite suppressant is still an ongoing issue as well as a queasy stomach, however I must say my knees feel amazing currently at 3 and a half weeks in. I was only dosing the injectable for the first 5 days because that’s all I had left, however once I ran out of the injectable I started to add another capsule (500mcg) about mid day (1500mcg total daily intake) and started to notice results a few days later. Everyday I feel it’s getting better and better as I can now run up and down the stairs, with a slight pain but nothing like before. I would ignore the people who say it’s not orally available, if you look at the rodent studies it shows that they still made progress via oral administration and yes most peptides are not stable in gastric juice, however bpc Is an exception as it has been shown to enter the bloodstream when taken orally. I have also suffered from slight IBS and I can sure say that it is improving as well. IMO oral administration is not as powerful as injectable, however it’s not far from it iN my opinion. I would highly recommend giving the oral version a shot as it has worked for me! Also I would give some feedback if you decide to do so due to there being a lack of oral reviews. Hope this helps!
Thank you! narrowslab Looks legit, 3rd party tested, and a reasonable price-per-month. Wish I would have seen that before ordering a product that I am waiting for and wish I hadn't ordered (no 3rd party testing.) Oral at the same dose as injection works identically, as does topical--at least in the 140 BPC-157 rat studies I've looked at.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dr. Seed's contains no BPC-157 nor claims to contain, BPC-157. It claims that the compound they sell is like a 'pre-cursor' that your body will use to make BPC-157. If you had real BPC-157 it would be fine oral, injection, or even topically... that's what the rats experience anyway in the 140 studies I looked over. No difference in the amazing effects: injection, oral, or topical even using the same dose.
That’s what I meant by ‘it’s not exactly the same thing’........

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For oral administration you need the so called STABLE BPC. Normal bpc is acetate, it breaks down to easily in the stomach acid. Stable bpc is agrinine salt.

Some different names, copied from reddit: BPC-157 Stable, BPC-157 Stable Version, BPC-157 di-L-arginine salt, arg-BPC or arg-BPC-157.

So, just makes sure ya'll are buying bpc salt and not bpc acetate.

Last edited:

PortlandAllen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
For oral administration you need the so called STABLE BPC. Normal bpc is acetate, it breaks down to easily in the stomach acid. Stable bpc is agrinine salt.

Some different names, copied from reddit: BPC-157 Stable, BPC-157 Stable Version, BPC-157 di-L-arginine salt, arg-BPC or arg-BPC-157.

So, just makes sure ya'll are buying bpc salt and not bpc acetate.
I found this specifically about what you mention, saying that may not be that important.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Peptides/comments/hbetuw
I worry that 'acetate vs arg,' may be a claim pushed to support a patent on that version. Not saying it isn't true, just pointing out a motive, and $ motives always make me look into things. I have so, far found no mention of 'versions' of BPC-157 in the 140 rat studies*. And, as I've mentioned before, they found no difference between injected, oral, or topical cream.

*Rat studies--look up BPC-157 at pubmed gov--just say something like BPC 157 has the amino acid sequence, GEPPPGKPADDAGLV. But I don't have access to the full published articles, just the summaries.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I found this specifically about what you mention, saying that may not be that important.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Peptides/comments/hbetuw
I worry that 'acetate vs arg,' may be a claim pushed to support a patent on that version. Not saying it isn't true, just pointing out a motive, and $ motives always make me look into things. I have so, far found no mention of 'versions' of BPC-157 in the 140 rat studies*. And, as I've mentioned before, they found no difference between injected, oral, or topical cream.

*Rat studies--look up BPC-157 at pubmed gov--just say something like BPC 157 has the amino acid sequence, GEPPPGKPADDAGLV. But I don't have access to the full published articles, just the summaries.
Hm, good catch. Will look into it. I've got quite a lot of bpc heading my way, so am definitely interested ...

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm currently taking oral BPC, from a UK brand which is very reputable because I broke my wrist but I haven't noticed anything.
I've also been very bloated, and had plenty of acidity and that hasn't improved.

PortlandAllen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm currently taking oral BPC, from a UK brand which is very reputable because I broke my wrist but I haven't noticed anything.
I've also been very bloated, and had plenty of acidity and that hasn't improved.
How long, what dose? Your age?
And, sorry, I was unclear on this? are you experiencing the bloating/acidity after starting the pills.
And, more importantly, does it say BPC-157 on the label (the 15 amino acid chain) or just BPC?

I think it's okay to say what the brand/source is. I see people do that here and I think it's helpful.
Sorry about your wrist. It takes a while for just the osteocytes to think "Oh, I need to do something!" and start the knitting process. I'd have to review the 140 studies I found on pubmed gov. I don't recall if they tested bone healing. I think they focused on gastro-intestinal, burns, cuts, muscle, and ligament damage. But, maybe bones?

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I finished 2 bottles of oral BPC a while back, and unfortunately didn’t get much from it. Was having digestive issues and shoulder impingement, and neither one really improved much while taking it. However both have finally started to improve recently. Just been sticking to rehabbing my shoulder. These things take time so I’m just being patient. And I had an endoscopy that revealed esophageal inflammation and gastritis. Jumped on some digestive enzymes and started taking my PPI again and the digestive issues have mostly settled down finally.

I assume the injectable BPC might be more effective but not sold on the oral.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I finished 2 bottles of oral BPC a while back, and unfortunately didn’t get much from it. Was having digestive issues and shoulder impingement, and neither one really improved much while taking it. However both have finally started to improve recently. Just been sticking to rehabbing my shoulder. These things take time so I’m just being patient. And I had an endoscopy that revealed esophageal inflammation and gastritis. Jumped on some digestive enzymes and started taking my PPI again and the digestive issues have mostly settled down finally.

I assume the injectable BPC might be more effective but not sold on the oral.
Interesting you said this. Im getting and endoscopy in a few weeks..symptoms I have seem like Esophageal dysphagia or some other issues with feeling of food or food actually getting stuck. May have to stretch esophagus or whatever else options there are.

What did your Dr say to do or give you? What's PPI?

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting you said this. Im getting and endoscopy in a few weeks..symptoms I have seem like Esophageal dysphagia or some other issues with feeling of food or food actually getting stuck. May have to stretch esophagus or whatever else options there are.

What did your Dr say to do or give you? What's PPI?
PPI = proton pump inhibitor. I have a prescription for protonix, but had stopped taking it because my reflux hadn’t been bothering me. Well, it does more than just help reflux, as it can also help heal the GI tract. So they told me to start taking it again. I had already started back so was already anticipating that’s what they would say.

Hope all goes well for you. The procedure itself is very easy.