Opportunities in the supplement industry for chemist

jdouglas

Awards
I'm 24 and have 3 semesters left in my undergraduate degree. I'm majoring in chemistry with emphasis in biochemistry and I have a mathematics minor. Fitness is a huge part of my life and I love supplements.

I was wondering if there are any supplement companies out there that have internship programs, or that are looking for chemists...

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Without even having an undergrad degree... doubtful. The guys i know who formulate (properly) have gone through med school or a doctorate program.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm 24 and have 3 semesters left in my undergraduate degree. I'm majoring in chemistry with emphasis in biochemistry and I have a mathematics minor. Fitness is a huge part of my life and I love supplements.

I was wondering if there are any supplement companies out there that have internship programs, or that are looking for chemists...
Very possible but its a long shot. First locate any companies within your area, simple Google search and start there. A simple phone call goes a long way and see if you can get college credit for it as well. Intern, shadow, or volunteer your goal is to get your foot in the door. Climb and commit to the business after you prove some worth to them.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope you live in Florida, California, or Jersey if you want a company in your area.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Didn't know you needed a college degree google random ingredients and put them in a bottle and sell them for ridiculous prices.

Vj63

Banned
Awards
Do you have access to PubMed? Can you read at a 7th grade level? Do you like being part of something that is about 90 % scam?

If so, welcome to the supplement industry.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Didn't know you needed a college degree google random ingredients and put them in a bottle and sell them for ridiculous prices.
Had to LOL

jdouglas

Awards
lol yeah I would agree that there is a lot of scamming and garbage out there. But at the same time I'm sure they need chemists to do lab work and synthesis. Or I could just synethise a bunch of stuff in my basement and sell it on the black market.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
China synthesizes at a fraction of the price.