Opinions on Muscletech 100% Premium Testosterone Booster

amarula

Awards
DAA works for many. Zinc can be beneficial if you are zinc-deficient. Don't expect the miracles they talk about. I hope that you found it at a affordable price. Nonetheless, will be better for me to start ordering from nutraplanet or, if you are afraid of customs, from a uk online retailer. There you find much better options

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry to hear that Romania has such a poor supplement selection. Good luck finding anyone on these boards that will give muscletech a good review.

rphash49

Awards
I put on 30lbs lean muscle with muscletech!!!!!! Best test booster ever!!!!! I now pull in all da ladies! Thank you muscletech!!!!

Looking at your profile pic I'm sure you also do very well wit da ladies!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm sorry to hear that Romania has such a poor supplement selection. Good luck finding anyone on these boards that will give muscletech a good review.
the new lineup of muscletech products seem improved. i think they might be getting their shiit together.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
the new lineup of muscletech products seem improved. i think they might be getting their shiit together.
Over the made few years, their line has improve significantly. Many awesome products to choose from.

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
I put on 30lbs lean muscle with muscletech!!!!!! Best test booster ever!!!!! I now pull in all da ladies! Thank you muscletech!!!!

Looking at your profile pic I'm sure you also do very well wit da ladies!!!!
That's just a random pic i found on the Internet, not enough pixels for my real pic :)

So, I see that most people here are saying that this testbooster does not do much.... I will give this supp a try and let you know if it does anything good.
Most supplement stores are promoting local brands of supplements, which personally I dont like. Also at the gym most guys are using gainers/creatine. Nobody actually takes test boosters or any of the new stuff that comes to market. Roid stacks are very common and when you ask what supps are they using, you mostly get the answer: "I am eating 6000+ cals.... I dont take supplements."

rphash49

Awards
That's just a random pic i found on the Internet, not enough pixels for my real pic :)

So, I see that most people here are saying that this testbooster does not do much.... I will give this supp a try and let you know if it does anything good.
Most supplement stores are promoting local brands of supplements, which personally I dont like. Also at the gym most guys are using gainers/creatine. Nobody actually takes test boosters or any of the new stuff that comes to market. Roid stacks are very common and when you ask what supps are they using, you mostly get the answer: "I am eating 6000+ cals.... I dont take supplements."
No test booster does much. I've tried them all. If you like placebo effects go for it.

"Roid stacks" work, creatine works, 6000+ cals works, test boosters not so much.

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
No test booster does much. I've tried them all. If you like placebo effects go for it.
So you are saying that even DAA will do **** for me ? People around here tend to agree that DAA works ...

rphash49

Awards
So you are saying that even DAA will do **** for me ? People around here tend to agree that DAA works ...
If your test is at its normal level then no it won't do much. If your level is below normal I can see how it can help bring it back to normal but even that is questionable. DAA is way over hyped just like other test boosters.

If your goal is building muscle with otc products use creatine mono and ARA. These two IMO are legit bodybuilding supps.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If your test is at its normal level then no it won't do much. If your level is below normal I can see how it can help bring it back to normal but even that is questionable. DAA is way over hyped just like other test boosters.

If your goal is building muscle with otc products use creatine mono and ARA. These two IMO are legit bodybuilding supps.
How will DAA not do much if his test level is normal? Its effects don't discriminate against the two.

I do agree that Creatine Mono and ArA are terrific choices.

rphash49

Awards
How will DAA not do much if his test level is normal? Its effects don't discriminate against the two.

I disagree. A study was done recently showing DAA as ineffective in healthy males(as in normal test levels). Check the news feeds. It was posted within the last 30 days or so. I can also say from usage experience that it did nothing for me while at normal levels.

rphash49

Awards

News article from November 8th. Check it out. I would link it but I'm on my phone.

But here is an insert from the study:
"
D-Aspartic acid supplementation combined with 28 days of heavy resistance training has no effect on body composition, muscle strength, and serum hormones associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis in resistance-trained men"

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I disagree. A study was done recently showing DAA as ineffective in healthy males(as in normal test levels). Check the news feeds. It was posted within the last 30 days or so. I can also say from usage experience that it did nothing for me while at normal levels.
and another study shows the opposite...
this, exactly why I do not base my advice on the latest-off-the-presses hot study to be released..too many flaws in that

DAA has many more tried & true studies showing effectiveness, than not - if you want to chalk them up

I do agree with you in one relative aspect however (see below)

Roid stacks are very common and when you ask what supps are they using, you mostly get the answer: "I am eating 6000+ cals.... I dont take supplements."
at face value, the boldened IS truly a great recipe and a force to be reckoned with
very few ppl know how to properly construct a diet of any kind -- let alone one to fit their personal needs & goals
if the masses understood more about nutrition, then surely many WOULD find they need no-to-little supplementation

understand as well: natural test boosters are very limited in what they can do; like diet, the masses have immense ignorance in this concept of supplementation, and what to expect

not that I am advocating such, but make no mistake here: the ONLY way to substantially raise test levels in regards to ratio of benefits, in the land of supplements, is hormonal-compound designs (PH/oral steroids/AAS)
it is like apples to oranges, compared to natural "test-boosting" supplementation

rphash49

Awards
and another study shows the opposite...
this, exactly why I do not base my advice on the latest-off-the-presses hot study to be released..too many flaws in that

DAA has many more tried & true studies showing effectiveness, than not - if you want to chalk them up

I do agree with you in one relative aspect however (see below)

at face value, the boldened IS truly a great recipe and a force to be reckoned with
very few ppl know how to properly construct a diet of any kind -- let alone one to fit their personal needs & goals
if the masses understood more about nutrition, then surely many WOULD find they need no-to-little supplementation

understand as well: natural test boosters are very limited in what they can do; like diet, the masses have immense ignorance in this concept of supplementation, and what to expect

not that I am advocating such, but make no mistake here: the ONLY way to substantially raise test levels in regards to beneficial ratio of benefits, in the land of supplements, is hormonal-compound designs (PH/oral steroids/AAS)
it is like apples to oranges, compared to natural "test-boosting" supplementation
Do you have a link to a DAA study on healthy males in a bodybuilding platform showing positive results? I would love to read it. Please share!!!!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
News article from November 8th. Check it out. I would link it but I'm on my phone.

But here is an insert from the study:
"
D-Aspartic acid supplementation combined with 28 days of heavy resistance training has no effect on body composition, muscle strength, and serum hormones associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis in resistance-trained men"
flawed test (as mentioned above)
I believe this is where the difference between sodium-based DAA and non-sodium based DAA comes into play, if I am not mistaken
this study used regular DAA, which previous studies were not using

rphash49

Awards
Do you have a link to a DAA study on healthy males in a bodybuilding platform showing positive results? I would love to read it. Please share!!!!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
On phone as well. Did the study you posted use Na-DAA (which may aid with solubility)?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
studies are not my thing..I really do not care to be in discussion of them, for reasons I have already noted
just giving you perspective on your own belief of this "latest study" you have posted
there has long been conflicting views on DAA in general, and there will continue to be
but it certainly has a long documented history of positive attributes as well..

rphash49

Awards
studies are not my thing..I really do not care to be in discussion of them, for reasons I have already noted
just giving you perspective on your own belief of this "latest study" you have posted
there has long been conflicting views on DAA in general, and there will continue to be
but it certainly has a long documented history of positive attributes as well..
Lmao ok. I would have changed my mind if you had a study showing a comparable test setting with positive results. I've seen multiple studies but none performed in a bodybuilding setting like the study I mentioned. History of positive attributes? On who? 60+ year old dudes with 200-300 test levels is who.

Any healthy male who says they built muscle or had an increased test lvl like results because of DAA had nothing more then placebo results.

Prove me wrong

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Prove me wrong
I don't care to, doesn't matter to me

but - if you want to draw a line in the sand based on a flawed study that does not even use the correct form of the compound to draw the conclusion from .... knock yourself out

rphash49

Awards

but - if you want to draw a line in the sand based on a flawed study that does not even use the correct form of the compound to draw the conclusion from .... knock yourself out
You don't care to because you can not.

Any studies showing postive results using "the correct form" of DAA on HEALTHY males?????? Oh wait you don't do studies..... Never mind. You prefer word of mouth from placebo users.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
You don't care to because you can not.

Any studies showing postive results using "the correct form" of DAA on HEALTHY males?????? Oh wait you don't do studies..... Never mind. You prefer word of mouth from placebo users.
lol man - are you really hard-headed and trying to induce an argument or something?
carry on, I don't have time for such nonsense
for your own edicfication, stop ignoring what I have told you about the study you refer to, and do some investigation on the form of DAA used in that as well as previous studies

take care

rphash49

Awards
But your Sig says you are a finaflex product educator?

If I'm not mistaken finaflex sells products with daa.

If you no longer wish to educate maybe you should change your Sig.

rphash49

Awards
lol man - are you really hard-headed and trying to induce an argument or something?
for your own edicfication, stop ignoring what I have told you about the study you refer to, and do some investigation on the form of DAA used in that as well as previous studies

take care
Hard headed? what have you proven?

The study say DAA so I would assume it's DAA form. I doubt that matters but again prove me wrong and I'll go with it.

rphash49

Awards

take care
So now you neg rep me for disagreeing with you? Nice lol.

Great job

rphash49

Awards
some ppl don't read too swell

I neg you because you are intent on arguing and trying to make this personal
so, I told you as much

now, go educate yourself, please
and stop crying about negs, my god
I could care less about neg rep. Honestly It made me laugh that you neg repd me. Not personal, I don't know you and don't care to know you. I don't care what form of DAA is used you will get the same poor results. And you can not prove other wise.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is not a study on DAA which supports positive composition benefits in bodybuilders.

There is one study showing an increase of 42% in T levels over 12 days and another showing an increase in T levels in infertile men but nothing that specifically relates to body composition.

So, if you are implying there is no research on DAA which is specific to bodybuilding directly rather than hormonal function you would be correct.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So uh, rphash49, got any published human studies in a bodybuilding setting on any of the anabolics and PCTs you're taking and recommending?

Yeah, I'm just going to authoritatively state that none of those work.

Prove me wrong bro! Prove me wrong!

rphash49

Awards
And he neg repd me again. Omg lol. Bro do you have a superiority complex.

rphash49

Awards
You company reps can band together and neg rep me all you want.

You still can not link one single study on any form of DAA that shows improved hormonal or positive body composition changes in healthy males.

Positive result studies on 60+ males proves what?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

You still can not link one single study on any form of DAA that shows improved hormonal or positive body composition changes in healthy males.

Hormonal, yes. Body composition, no.

Not that I care one way or another for DAA necessarily but very few supplements have been studied for body composition in trained athletes, for what it's worth.

http://www.rbej.com/content/7/1/120

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

And there is not one single study on any of the prohormones and PCT products you recommend on a regular basic that shows improved hormonal or positive body compisition changes in healthy males in a bodybuilding setting.

And yet, it is perfectly well accepted that those compounds work.

The MoA for DAA is demonstrable. Patrick Arnold has explained it in depth on multiple occasions, as well as the solubility issues.

rphash49

Awards
So uh, rphash49, got any published human studies in a bodybuilding setting on any of the anabolics and PCTs you're taking and recommending?

Yeah, I'm just going to authoritatively state that none of those work.

Prove me wrong bro! Prove me wrong!
Lol yeah studies on that stuff will be hard to find. You can find a few on serms that would carry over to bodybuilding based on the age and health of participants.

rphash49

Awards
And there is not one single study on any of the prohormones and PCT products you recommend on a regular basic that shows improved hormonal or positive body compisition changes in healthy males in a bodybuilding setting.

And yet, it is perfectly well accepted that those compounds work.

The MoA for DAA is demonstrable. Patrick Arnold has explained it in depth on multiple occasions, as well as the solubility issues.
Studies on anabolics I agree with you. Serms are another story. Go to PubMed and you can find hundreds of studies on Clomid and toremifene effects on testosterone levels.

PA will also tell you something should work that he sells but he doesn't know if it will. And I respect that about him.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Studies on anabolics I agree with you. Serms are another story. Go to PubMed and you can find hundreds of studies on Clomid and toremifene effects on testosterone levels.
Hundreds of studies? No.

Studies in a bodybuilding setting? Please demonstrate, since as you've said, unless it's a study on young healthy males in a bodybuilding setting it is totally irrelevant and the supplement is garbage!

PA will also tell you something should work that he sells but he doesn't know if it will. And I respect that about him.
I don't think he would sell something he didn't think was going to work.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The form of DAA doesn't appear to be the issue since it still demonstrated bioactivity.

Since DAA works chiefly through LH, look into the effects of resistance training on LH and you may have your answer

rphash49

Awards
I don't think he would sell something he didn't think was going to work.
Prototype nutrition is exactly that. He has said multiple times that he has not used many of the products on prototype nutrition. He has said numerous times they should work but he doesn't know as in the word prototype.

Read the "about prototype nutrition" page.

amarula

Awards
MyoBuild, AminoBuild, and a few others are top-notch products.
Don't see what those products have that make them top-notch. Aminobuild has betaine as a good addition to a BCAA formula, but glutamine, alanine, taurine and CM are completely under-dosed.
Myobuild as LCLT and rodiola..
Again I think they are improving their line, ending with the prop blends and so on but still have many things to improve if to cal them awesome

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Don't see what those products have that make them top-notch. Aminobuild has betaine as a good addition to a BCAA formula, but glutamine, alanine, taurine and CM are completely under-dosed.
Myobuild as LCLT and rodiola..
Again I think they are improving their line, ending with the prop blends and so on but still have many things to improve if to cal them awesome
I read something a while back that for testosterone to affect body comp directly, the increases have to be substantial. I cannot remember the change in ng/dl though.

In any case, this doesnt mean it wont indirectly effect training and or improve body comp.

Additionally, I'm always skeptical of bodybuilding studies as they usually only train in hypertropic ranges (i.e. 8-12) but don't often apply TUT or other advanced overload procedures, nor does it mean they have no periodisation over the length if the study duration.

Its always vital when analysing studies to also analyse their prescribed methods of training and diet.

I should also add that participant training history is relevant as well.

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
Ok guys, so its 10 days since I started this product. I dont know if its placebo but ... my sex drive is up as well as hunger.