Unanswered Opinions on Glycine?

B

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys,

I came across an article, that!
You know give me more information about this amino acid?

N

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys,

I came across an article, that!
You know give me more information about this amino acid?
I've used Glycine in the morning and before bed for years and I love it.
It's make me calm and relaxed.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
it didn't really do much for me in terms of anxiety, but others have told me that it worked for them

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I tried it alongside Ornithine at night to try and feel more rested in the mornings. I didn't notice anything from the combination.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
2 grams glycine, 2 grams lysine, 650mg agmatine and 450mg magnesium seems to help me sleep, deeper sleep and feel well rested in the mornings. I am thankful this simple stack works for me most of the time because it is incredibly inexpensive.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glycine is something I wanted to love because I read the studies and anecdotal evidence, but it never did anything for me. Tried a couple of brands, played with dosing, and nothing.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Puts me in deeper sleep as measured by the go2sleep ring. Also keeps my joints recovering up to snuff.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Like just about anything it seems like it would have to work in concert with other items/aminos/minerals.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
(Now I'd like to go read all the studues etc but if someone can post the ones worth reading/that have worthwhile info in them on here that would be great. Dealing w too much other shyt atm. Tyia. )

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I use it for the insulin sensitivity with high carb meals and more before bed on an empty stomach with my magnesium glycinate. I don’t feel as bad from a carbage meal when I use 3-5g with it. That alone makes it worth it and it’s so cheap, I just use it because of the evidence to support it is enough for me.

Same with taurine.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My research and curiosity, of this amino acid, was born from this article!
I don't believe glycine works as they claim. I have never seen anything that shows glycine working as a switch between sympathetic and parasympathetic control as they claim in this text, "Being an amino acid neurotransmitter inhibiting the central nervous system, an increased intake of glycine favors a more rapid transition from the active state of the "adrenal" sympathetic nervous system , which favors the surge of cortisol, to that of a "parasympathetic" nervous state , which instead it promotes calmness and global recovery (as well as digestion and / or absorption)."

Sure, it has activity in a lot of inhibitory circuits, but it's also a co-factor for excitatory NMDA synapses. The context of what part of the nervous system it is working in is important.