Opinions on Binaural Beats?

YaMom12

Awards
I’ve discovered this recently and it’s honestly intriguing. I’ve used beats in the best to help sleep but not to grow muscle lol. I think it’s bs but many people online are fond of it such as helping them achieve passing their plateau and stuff like that. It may be placebo. Anyone ever try this?

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The mind is a powerful tool, that being said I wouldn't put much faith in noticing any particular difference in muscle growth from Binaural Beats alone... maybe you will get some placebo effect and train harder, which would in turn make your muscles grow? haha dunno

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wavelenghts have been studied for some time and are said to produce some amazing physiological and psychological effects. In my workspace when some of us of like minds are together we listen to harmonic sounds because it helps us focus; relax, and aid in our consistency. It's really pretty amazing and pardon the pun, beats some of the music
others put on.

The mind / muscle connection is not so far fetched. Stress produces cortisol no? Reduce stress, reduce cortisol. Store less fat. What's so odd about growing more muscle or preserving more on a deficit?

-M

Mitch_310

Mitch_310

Awards
  • Established
I’ve heard of binaural beats. But I never found them particularly helpful. They may help, but I don’t think you’ll get noticeable/significant results from them. I bet you could make better gains with creatine and protein imo

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use them, but tbh the real thing to look into is an ices unit (pemfish) I haven't used mine for training, but holy crap when I set it to delta wave patterns and lay it behind my head at night, I am out. It has resulted in the deepest sleep I have had in the longest time.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I prefer hypnosis myself. I dont think binaurals have much effect on me personally. But dont mind if the hypnosis creator adds or uses low volume binaurals in the background.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've tried them for sleep and don't notice much at all...for me the best thing to do it put them very very low so I could barely hear them and then I get better sleep but at normal volume they just keep me awake

funny because when a massage therapist puts them on, I feel like I could pass out, difference being your also getting a relaxing massage on top of the beats which could be causing the noticeable differences