Old Forrest kratom by Straight Up Kratom

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just received 4 ounces each of green Malay and white Hulu to test! A new line of products from a reputable company. Shipping was super fast (always is with Straight Up Kratom).
The new Old Forrest line is harvested from mature trees, a kratom connoisseur’s delight!
I will be partaking in first dose this afternoon, post-training. Feel free to follow along and thanks again @macedog24 for this log opp.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In.

What are your typical feelings toward whites and greens? Really interested to see how these compare

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In.

What are your typical feelings toward whites and greens? Really interested to see how these compare
Whites have always had very mild effects on me. A good daytime energy boost, not as euphoric/pain relieving as the greens. I like white veins for hypertrophy training days or when just seeking out a little energy boost. So, I am excited to try this new white Hulu out, although today, i will be testing the green Malay as green and yellow are my favorites.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd like to believe that it is well known by now that there is no difference in colors or names. The only difference are the batches. It is also dependent on the size of the dose. A large dose of "green" can have the same effects as a large dose of "red".

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd like to believe that it is well known by now that there is no difference in colors or names. The only difference are the batches. It is also dependent on the size of the dose. A large dose of "green" can have the same effects as a large dose of "red".
Hmmmm, I am not aware of this. You are saying all kratom=kratom? I’ve Only been using it for a short time in the scope of things (little over a year). I agree with the fact that a larger dose can mimic a different strains effects, but, if I take the same dose of any given strain I achieve different effects. You disagree?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmmm, I am not aware of this. You are saying all kratom=kratom? I’ve Only been using it for a short time in the scope of things (little over a year). I agree with the fact that a larger dose can mimic a different strains effects, but, if I take the same dose of any given strain I achieve different effects. You disagree?
Essentially. Almost all kratom comes from Indonesia with a little coming from Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam. A kratom plant is a kratom plant and the only differences are with the soil and environmentals when it comes to growing. A single plant can have red, white, and green veined leaves on it. Where the variance in colors comes from is the drying process. Typically an outdoor, long dry results in a more red color, sometimes gold. Indoor or shorter dries tend to be lighter in color, but again, not always.

There can be big differences in potency depending on the age of the plant, environmentals, and the drying process. But the names mean little. I've had maeng da that was **** and some that was crazy good from the same vendor(s), it's all batch dependent.

What remains pretty consistent is that low doses tend to be euphoric and energizing. Larger doses sedating.

Now, SUK is a reputable company and has good products and if this coming from older, more mature trees, then it stands to reason it's probably pretty good. I've always been pleased with their products.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Essentially. Almost all kratom comes from Indonesia with a little coming from Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam. A kratom plant is a kratom plant and the only differences are with the soil and environmentals when it comes to growing. A single plant can have red, white, and green veined leaves on it. Where the variance in colors comes from is the drying process. Typically an outdoor, long dry results in a more red color, sometimes gold. Indoor or shorter dries tend to be lighter in color, but again, not always.

There can be big differences in potency depending on the age of the plant, environmentals, and the drying process. But the names mean little. I've had maeng da that was **** and some that was crazy good from the same vendor(s), it's all batch dependent.

What remains pretty consistent is that low doses tend to be euphoric and energizing. Larger doses sedating.

Now, SUK is a reputable company and has good products and if this coming from older, more mature trees, then it stands to reason it's probably pretty good. I've always been pleased with their products.
Thanks for the info! I had always just assumed that there were multiple subspecies of the plant, but after a little digging it appears there is just one, Mitragyna speciosa. Interesting to say the least how the curing process illicits different results.
I’ve exclusively used SUK products (because you don’t mess with success) so cant chime in on different vendors. Their quality, potency and testing has created a solid customer.
And on that note, time to try out this Green Malay for the first time...

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Thanks for the info! I had always just assumed that there were multiple subspecies of the plant, but after a little digging it appears there is just one, Mitragyna speciosa. Interesting to say the least how the curing process illicits different results.
I’ve exclusively used SUK products (because you don’t mess with success) so cant chime in on different vendors. Their quality, potency and testing has created a solid customer.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_5526.JPG

Dosing Old Forrest green Malay blend. One packed and level scoop is coming in at 2.4 grams on my scale. My first dose will be 2 scoops, 4.8 grams.
Initial thoughts: a much more robust smell upon opening packaging. The color is pretty much consistent with SUK Green Vein, but just a little bit of a darker tint to it.
I mixed the dose into 4 oz of water, stirred and let it sit for 10 mins to dissolve the alkaloids. Stirred again before drinking.
Taste is a bit richer than original Green Vein, think an 8 year scotch vs a 12+ year aged scotch. Not bad, more complexities and flavor notes in this batch. After the quick taste test I downed the remainder.
I am a big proponent of combining kratom with cbd/thc (legal where I am), but for this log I shall refrain (for a while at least) to get a good sense of how this compares to the originals.
Will report back findings and feelings in the coming hour.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 186089

Dosing Old Forrest green Malay blend. One packed and level scoop is coming in at 2.4 grams on my scale. My first dose will be 2 scoops, 4.8 grams.
Initial thoughts: a much more robust smell upon opening packaging. The color is pretty much consistent with SUK Green Vein, but just a little bit of a darker tint to it.
I mixed the dose into 4 oz of water, stirred and let it sit for 10 mins to dissolve the alkaloids. Stirred again before drinking.
Taste is a bit richer than original Green Vein, think an 8 year scotch vs a 12+ year aged scotch. Not bad, more complexities and flavor notes in this batch. After the quick taste test I downed the remainder.
I am a big proponent of combining kratom with cbd/thc (legal where I am), but for this log I shall refrain (for a while at least) to get a good sense of how this compares to the originals.
Will report back findings and feelings in the coming hour.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Green Malay has a nice touch to it. Lasts 4 hours (seems to be about the going rate for the greens). It gives a smooth energy spike and calming at the same time. Two scoops of old Forrest is bit more potent than a similar dose of the regular. It will be interesting to see how a pain relief dose goes when it is needed.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
White Hulu is fire!!! Hands down new favorite. Previously all whites I had were super mild in effect for me and lowest in my list. This batch has all the best qualities and lasts the longest I’ve experienced to date.
Took 6 grams before work (3:30 pm) and felt effects until 10:30! Four hours has been about max for me with all others.
White Hulu provided the perfect balance of social and physical energy, mellowed state and drive.
10/10!
Will be using tomorrow post workout/pre work, but with caffeine this time.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
White Hulu is fire!!! Hands down new favorite. Previously all whites I had were super mild in effect for me and lowest in my list. This batch has all the best qualities and lasts the longest I’ve experienced to date.
Took 6 grams before work (3:30 pm) and felt effects until 10:30! Four hours has been about max for me with all others.
White Hulu provided the perfect balance of social and physical energy, mellowed state and drive.
10/10!
Sounds nice!

I recently stocked up on some kratom from SUK -Green Maeng Da, Yellow Borneo, and Simply Yellow (my standards). I think it was the next day from the time that I ordered that they added the Old Forrest offerings. Of course!

Nice to hear that it is longer lasting! I also seem to get 4 hrs max out of the strains I mentioned above. Though I am trying to make kratom less habitual, I surely would have tried one of the Old Forrest varieties!

Will follow!

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wow that duration sounds amazing. I toss n' wash so the fewer times I have to dose, the better.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds nice!

I recently stocked up on some kratom from SUK -Green Maeng Da, Yellow Borneo, and Simply Yellow (my standards). I think it was the next day from the time that I ordered that they added the Old Forrest offerings. Of course!

Nice to hear that it is longer lasting! I also seem to get 4 hrs max out of the strains I mentioned above. Though I am trying to make kratom less habitual, I surely would have tried one of the Old Forrest varieties!

Will follow!
Yellow was definitely my favorite before trying this blend. I think you will enjoy it!

Wow that duration sounds amazing. I toss n' wash so the fewer times I have to dose, the better.
It was quite surprising. I took dose about 10 mins after eating as I was in a rush to get out the door. Perhaps a slower release through food digestion although other times I have dosed this way with other blends, 4 hrs was still about max.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yesterday I took a nice 8 gram dose of green Malay and hung out at the pool for 4 hrs bbq’ing and mingling with fam and friends. Green Malay excels in this environment and is a great alternative to drinking alcohol and trashing all your gains (and possibly ruining your life???). Nice little energy boost to match the kiddos energy too.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
do you vary your doses based on different strains?
I vary it based on desired effect. For my body: 1-3 grams mild coffee like effect; 3-6 grams energetic and very social effects; 6 and up (highest I’ve ever doses is 12 grams and that was for severe pain relief) creates a bit of sedation and pain management.

muree

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks. am just getting started with Kratom and currently at 1.5 to 3 gms zone. Not sure if its just me but Coffee seems to greatly increase the focus and social aspects of kratom.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks. am just getting started with Kratom and currently at 1.5 to 3 gms zone. Not sure if its just me but Coffee seems to greatly increase the focus and social aspects of kratom.
Caffeine is a nice little perk. Seems to prolong the effects for me as well.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is not true at all!

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If i took white at 2gr or 6 grams at night I would not be able to sleep it wont cause me to relax but the opposite.
I would be full of energy and my mind would be going at 100mph.
On the other hand if i took red depending on the dose i will feel relaxed and ready for bed. At higher doses the effects will be magnified. I wont wanna do much of anything. But i would be relaxed at ease and pain free. Ready to settle in.
Some strains are better for pain.
Some for energy

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If i took white at 2gr or 6 grams at night I would not be able to sleep it wont cause me to relax but the opposite.
I would be full of energy and my mind would be going at 100mph.
On the other hand if i took red depending on the dose i will feel relaxed and ready for bed. At higher doses the effects will be magnified. I wont wanna do much of anything. But i would be relaxed at ease and pain free. Ready to settle in.
Some strains are better for pain.
Some for energy

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
10/10!
The hulu is amazing. Longest lasting energy ive ever experienced with white! So are you saying youve become a social butterfly. I wanted to talk to everyone about everything after taking 4gr of hulu..Lmao. Even people i dont normally speak to.

Last edited:
SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The hulu is amazing. Longest lasting energy ive ever experienced with white! So are you saying youve become a social butterfly. I wanted to talk to everyone about everything after taking 4gr of hulu..Lmao. Even people i dont normally speak to.
Seriously! Best balance of all the greatest social traits. And the duration is insane as well. Just took a 6 gram dose post training to relax and grill some food up.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is not true at all!
It actually is true. There are no actual strains and the color is based on the drying and processing, as well as batch to batch. This is where the differences lie and determine the alkaloid contents. A "red" from batch A could be energizing and a "red from batch B could be sedating at the same levels.

What matter most is the individual batch and how it was processed.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It actually is true. There are no actual strains and the color is based on the drying and processing, as well as batch to batch. This is where the differences lie and determine the alkaloid contents. A "red" from batch A could be energizing and a "red from batch B could be sedating at the same levels.

What matter most is the individual batch and how it was processed.

Strain =/= Species.

If strain = species then there are less than a handfull of strains of cannabis on earth, which we all know is untrue. Even so, there are two documented species of kratom, so you're wrong in either context.

While effects are largely affected by, nutrients, light exposure, processing, etc., strain A still only has the ability to produce effects from a range of possibilities, predetermined by its genetics.. Which are directly dependent on the strain... For instance, while the effects of old fashioned Acopulco Gold is determinded by all of the above-mentioned things and more, it will never under any circumstances make me feel the same as Sour Diesel.

At any rate, lets keep focus on what OP made the thread for instead of flexing our trivia in someone else's log.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Took a nice 8 gram dose of Green Malay this evening. I was looking for a bit of energy to carry me through the evening and some relaxing effects as well after a good lower body session today. Needless to say, Green Malay delivered on both fronts and the rest of my night is booked for feeding and downtime.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fri-sun are my busy days at work. That coupled with the last day of my training schedule leaves me a bit drained Friday nights. Taking 6 grams of white Hulu 30 mins before I head in gives me energy, mood, and focus to push me through. Many people seem to like kratom before training. I tend to enjoy it post training/pre work. It does the trick for me every time.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Old Forrest Sampler Pack!! now Available.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Take advantage of the new sale.

Use Coupon Code Flash33 for a whopping 33% off your Entire Order! BIGGEST Sale of the YEAR!
HURRY Offer Expires 10-5-2019 at midnight MST. Coupon works on all websites.
BUY HERE

3 WAYS TO SAVE!

Use Coupon Code flash33 for 33% off your ENTIRE order!
FREE Yellow Scoop with EVERY Order!
FREE Shipping on ALL Orders Over $100!
All Strains are bio and heavy metal tested. Proven clean and Pure!
No fancy names, no gimmicks and no BS, just high quality Kratom, great customer service and a fair price.
Thanks!

Try our BRAND NEW MIT10 Extract. A true 10% Mitragyna Extract in powdered form!
VERY Strong, Use Caution.
Most leaf Kratom tests between 1-2% MIT. This concentrate is a true 10% MIT so 5-10 times the strength of regular leaf powder

Attachments

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Gonna try out the old forrest batches on this one.
You will be very happy with old forrest .. Let us know what you think..

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This cannot be shipped to Tennessee correct?
WE DO NOT SHIP TO: Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana or Wisconsin UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So it can be shipped to Tennessee? Well, I thought all along i couldn’t buy any of this.
Bill Haslam signed a bill that in part, makes it illegal to sell Kratom unless it is in natural form and labeled. The same measure also forbids people under the age of 21 to buy or possess Kratom if under the age of 21.
“Natural form” means dried, cut and sifted Kratom leaf or raw Kratom leaf powder, according to the state law.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Last day to take advantage of the sale. Remember code: flash33 for 33% off

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just took a nice 10 gram’r. 5 of white Hulu and 5 green Malay mixed together. One of those days....
This is the last of the white Hulu and I forgot to order during the sale .
Regardless, will be getting some more and have decided to try the old Forrest yellow as well.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Scratch that. I was suffering from date dyslexia. Sale runs through today! Just ordered another bag of white Hulu and a bag of old forest yellow. Quite excited to see how the yellow stacks up against my current new fave white Hulu.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Scratch that. I was suffering from date dyslexia. Sale runs through today! Just ordered another bag of white Hulu and a bag of old forest yellow. Quite excited to see how the yellow stacks up against my current new fave white Hulu.
You will love the yellow!!
And yes the sale runs through tonight at midnight:)

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Finished off the last of the green Malay tonight. Will post up final reviews of both samples soon. Will also post a link to new log when old Forrest yellow arrives.

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You will love the yellow!!
And yes the sale runs through tonight at midnight:)
The simply yellow is phenomenal, even at 1g I got the PWO boost I was looking for. I’m new to this so I picked up the simply sampler. Could you give me a rundown of the other ones in the sampler or send me a link describing the other ones?

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The simply yellow is phenomenal, even at 1g I got the PWO boost I was looking for. I’m new to this so I picked up the simply sampler. Could you give me a rundown of the other ones in the sampler or send me a link describing the other ones?
What would you like to know.
You should have gotten a yellow, green,white and red. Depending on what sampler pack you picked up.