Off the Richter Scale with Seismic Surge by Hard Rock Supplements. (Sponsored)

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
As soon as I saw the Post I needed to put my app in to try a new Pre-Workout for high tolerance to stim junkies such as myself. I know of Hard Rock Supplements being potent and effective, but this is my first go at their products!

Here we go with Seismic Surge!

Key Benefits of Seismic Surge:
Helps Surge Energy*
Helps Increase Muscle Pumps*
Helps Enhance Muscle Endurance*
Promotes an Elevated Positive Mood*
Helps Increase Concentration & Focus*
Helps Boost Metabolism*
Helps Increase Workout Strength*
Helps Accelerate Muscle Recovery*
No Creatine, No DMAA

Thanks to LeanEngineer and HRS for this fantastic opportunity to try a new product and another thanks for the Bonus goodies seen here:

The tank will be a goal. I am a solid medium so the large will be future goals!

A quick look at the label:

So at first glance we see 2 prop blends..
Endurance, Vascularity, & Pumps Blend:
&
Energy & Focus Blend:

As long as the effects are desirable than I don't worry a ton about blends. I know some people refuse to use products with blends, but I think Hard Rock delivers the goods. For an unknown company to enter into the market with blends may be risky, but for an established company, I have no worries at all.

I have had experience with some of the ingredients in this product but not all so I am certainly looking forward to see how they work. The main Stim in this product appears to be 2 Amino-isoheptane aka.DMHA which seems to be a replacement for DMAA and/or AMP Citrate. I have only tried DMAA once, and I ran a full tub of a product containing AMP Citrate. The AMP Citrate gave me insane workouts so I am sure this will too.

Ingredients:

2 Amino-isoheptane: One of the newest and most exciting stimulants to hit the market in a while, this ingredient boosts dopamine and noradrenaline uptake causing it to act as a potent focus, energy and mood enhancer.

Halostachine: This ingredient works similar to ephedrine in burning fat as it stimulates the beta receptors found in fat cells which cause fat to be released to be burned as energy.

Octopamine: A metabolite of Synephrine, this compound helps to increase energy and promote wakefulness. Additionally, it supports fat loss while helping to minimize the loss of lean muscle mass.

Theobromine: From the cocoa plant this ingredient helps to produce the “feel-good” sensation you experience while eating chocolate. This helps smooth out the feelings one gets when taking high dosages of caffeine and stimulants.

Beta Alanine: A non-essential amino acid that helps to raise muscle carnosine concentrations which in turn helps to reduce muscle fatigue increasing the amount of work one can perform at high intensities.

L-Arginine Alphaketoglutarate: A vasodilator that increases nitric oxide levels to improve nutrient delivery to muscles and boost athletic performance.

Agmatine Sulfate: A byproduct of Arginine, Agmatine is produced through a process called decarboxylation. This compound has gained much exposure in the supplement industry due to its ability to release growth hormone and its production of Nitric Oxide (muscle pumps).

Caffeine Anhydrous: As the body metabolizes caffeine it increases lipolysis, the breakdown of fat, which decreases fat stored all over the body. Caffeine also helps with suppressing appetite, therefore, lowering the number of calories you intake daily. Caffeine acts as a mild diuretic, preventing water retention and ultimately leading to some weight loss by reduction of fluid retention. This ingredient is added to enhance mental alertness and focus. Caffeine works by stimulating the central nervous system, heart, and muscles.

Synephrine hcl: This compound is found in a variety of plants. Synephrine hcl activates beta-3 receptors. Which sends the body into a thermogenic state. Over time this thermogenic state will aid in fat loss.

N*-Methyl Tyramine: Derived from the amino acid Tyrosine, this ingredient helps to increase energy through gluconeogenesis as well it can help increase cAMP which increases the release of adrenaline.

Alpha Yohimbine: This ingredient is an alpha-2 adrenergic receptor antagonist that promotes the improved lipolysis. It increases the blood flow throughout the body and is also known to help decrease fat synthesis by increasing fatty acid mobilization.

Expectations I hope to get a big surge of energy that helps me get into the zone. After 8 hours of work, I am usually tired and ready to go to sleep. Pre_Workouts are critical for getting in a better workout. Seismic Surge should elevate my workouts to the next level.

Stats
33yrs old, 5'8" tall. 180lbs @ ~15% BF

1 Rep Maxes
Bench Press 210lbs
Squat: 315lbs
Deadlift 345lbs
Overhead Press=125lbs

Workouts
4-5x a week. Usually splits are Shoulders, Chest, Back, Arms, Legs.
Progressive overload where I start with 80% of my 1rm @ 8-10 reps week 1, 85% @ 6-8 reps week 2 until I retest 1 rep max, And then hopefully reset the numbers if we exceed the last number. So far I have retested 1 rep max twice.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Dose 1 will be Today!! And guess what day it is???

Chest day!! Whoo hoo!!
I am starting with a little more than half scoop just to make sure I can handle it!

Today will be 3 rep day. Looking for 90-95% of 1rm.. OH BOY!!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great notes! Subd!

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
That's one hell of a review start! Lol, I feel like mine is lacking considerably comparatively haha!

In for the win, brothaman!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
That's one hell of a review start! Lol, I feel like mine is lacking considerably comparatively haha!

In for the win, brothaman!
Lol. Thanks!

Welcome all!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Gainz were made tonight!! I have some video I may post.. I am not good at it though. So weird talking to a camera...

Initial thoughts.
Mix= Excellent! No grit or clumps.
Taste = great, not too sweet or overbearing. Fruit punch is accurate. No bite.
Energy: good. I didn't feel a rush of energy like I needed to jump around. But I was fully awake and focused on the task. Sorta like tunnel vision.
Endurance and strength= amazing!! After flat bench, incline bench, and incline db press I was able to do 14 reps, 20 reps and 14 reps of chest dips!! I am usually smoked by this movement!

Initial overall is blown away!!!

I know something amazing was happening when I was able to put up 93% of my 1rm on bench! All 4 sets for all 3 reps!!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
In. Nice initial review. Definitely one of the more potent products! You will enjoy the ride. Trust me. The new shakers are dope too. We switched from blue to purple and it had more pop.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
In. Nice initial review. Definitely one of the more potent products! You will enjoy the ride. Trust me. The new shakers are dope too. We switched from blue to purple and it had more pop.
Thank you for sticking with an actual blender bottle! I don't like these shaker cups that have the plastic thing at the top, it NEVER gets blended as well as a shaker with the blender ball in it.

I think I might have to bump up my lifting day from Thursday to tomorrow so I can hit this pre on some lifts instead of just cardio.

Sounds like you had a blast!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. Chest will be sore I know it.

Forgot to mention pumps.
Pumps= ok. Not super pumped, but it is there.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! In on this! Great start so far!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Awesome! In on this! Great start so far!
Thanks. And welcome!

So, falling asleep was a big problem last night. My mind wouldn't settle down. This is the problem when I workout at 5pm.. I think I got 4 hours of sleep. Yikes..

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. And welcome!

So, falling asleep was a big problem last night. My mind wouldn't settle down. This is the problem when I workout at 5pm.. I think I got 4 hours of sleep. Yikes..
yes deffinately one of the downfalls of working out in the evening.... I have the same problem...

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks. And welcome!

Yeah that’s no bueno. I need my sleep or I am one cranky mofo. Hopefully that doesn’t happy next time you use it.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Well the good news is I slept great last night! I was tired as hell.

When I left work I wanted to go to bed. I though there was no way I would be able to perform at the gym only running on 4 hours of sleep.
Luckily Seismic Surge helped out a bit.

Started back day with pull ups. I grabbed the grips and thought "this is going to suck" I felt weak and was very worried. After 3 sets I started getting warmed up and feeling better. By the end of the 4th set SS was kicking in! I would have to say, thie PWO does take a little longer to kick in. It takes a good 20mins+ to feel it!

The workout went ok. I did get a good amount of volume in. I did, Pullups 6 sets of 6-8reps, close grip seated cable rows 3 sets of 8, close grip pulldown 3 sets, bent over BB rows 3 sets, Bent over DB rows 3 sets, Then BB bicep curls + 20 second slow release chin up for 3 sets. Then incline bench DB curls.

Considering how tired I was, this was a good workout.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Always good to have a workout that you expect to be awful take a positive turn. Glad that seismic is delivering

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's when a pre is optimal in my opinion. When you're tired and you need that extra boost to get you through your workout. Glad Seismic Surge helped!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
That's when a pre is optimal in my opinion. When you're tired and you need that extra boost to get you through your workout. Glad Seismic Surge helped!
For sure!

Yesterday was leg day. I didn't get to the gym until 6 so I didn't want to be up all night so I passed on the Seismic Surge. Today is a rest day and then tomorrow is going to be a BIG day! Chest 1 rep max day!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Was good having a day off because today was a big day!! One rep max test day for chest, I believe seismic surge help me get to a new PR. I wanted to get to 215 really bad today since 210 was my last PR. Did 8 reps of 135 felt really like 165 for 2 reps felt pretty good then 195 felt a little bit heavy and I started getting worried. Loaded up to 15 want for it and couldn't get past the sticking point.. second attempt was pretty much the same. And then it happened I got psyched up and went Full Tilt and got 215 for one rep!!! Little bit ugly but got it!! And then another amazing thing happened I was able to do 85 lb dumbbells on the incline press also 185 on the incline barbell. Thinking I didn't have anything left I was wrong as I was able to get 90s for 4 reps!!! These are all new personal records all around.
Again the energy was nothing crazy over the top, just smooth and focused at no point did I think that I needed to be careful and bail out of a rep. I just wanted to keep going and going. Finished it off with tricep rope extensions and I never felt such a painful pump in my life it was great!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
congrats on the pr!!!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
I got a bonus workout in yesterday! Shoulders! And it was another good one!

I ate 3 medium pancakes and an egg for breakfast at 9am.
This is important info as when i took Seismic at 11:20am, it seemed to hit me harder than usual! I was flushed a bit in the face and felt energized! A bit more intense than usual!

I was able to get 65lb DB seated overhead press for 6 good reps without assistance getting them up!
I felt strong So i went for 75lbs and needed a little help getting started, but I got a good rep in. Never tried that much so I was ok with 1 good rep. I went for 70lbs and got 4 decent reps!

Overall I am able to crank out more volume than usual. I have been starting to watch old bodybuilding movies which are giving me ideas about increasing my volume. I watched Pumping iron and Stand Tall so far. pretty neat stuff!!

So I will be starting to super set movements.

I supersetted Lateral raises and upright DB rows and felt great!

Energy is great! Endurance is awesome! Pump is good, Still enjoying the flavor very much so!

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great thread, glad Seismic is shaking up your workouts and congrats on the PR!

tenor.gif

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man! Today was back and some biceps. I can say that my opening set of pullups were amazing. I felt light lol. Did 12 strict which is great for me. Hit 10lbs for 8. Hit 25lbs for 6 and attempted 45lb plate. Moved to neutral grip and got 7! Blasted back with high volume.
Did close grip rows, medium grip rows, bent over bb rows, db rows, and t bar rows. Also bicep machine. Backs tight.
I was able to keep moving decent weight for all of these exercises! Had 3 lifting Bros with me and they all were impressed.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man! Today was back and some biceps. I can say that my opening set of pullups were amazing. I felt light lol. Did 12 strict which is great for me. Hit 10lbs for 8. Hit 25lbs for 6 and attempted 45lb plate. Moved to neutral grip and got 7! Blasted back with high volume.
Did close grip rows, medium grip rows, bent over bb rows, db rows, and t bar rows. Also bicep machine. Backs tight.
I was able to keep moving decent weight for all of these exercises! Had 3 lifting Bros with me and they all were impressed.
Nice workout. Always feels good to get the added weights/reps/envy lol.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good in here so far!:)

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Well...

Falling asleep was a problem again last night.. I tried to drink a little more water than usual to help get the stim out, but didn't seem to help.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well...

Falling asleep was a problem again last night.. I tried to drink a little more water than usual to help get the stim out, but didn't seem to help.
Did you take a full dose? What time?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Personally I can never take stims later in the day or otherwise I will do the same thing and have trouble falling asleep. I have to take them earlier.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad you're enjoying the pre so far! Keep up the good work!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was a light chest day. Couldn't get to the gym until 6 so no SS again. Also my forearm is hurting something fierce. above my elbow. Need a rest day. Due to family life I will get 2 days of rest today and tomorrow. Saturday will be a shoulder killer.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Started reading Jim stoppanis encyclopedia of muscle. I am learned quite a bit so I decided to start a 100's workout for 4 weeks it's absolutely excruciating. It's a new level hurt that I've never felt before. Saturday was the first day for it and today was the second day. Seismic surge definitely helps me get going in this workout. The workout is usually almost 2 hours long it seems and I have pretty good energy the entire workout so I'm a big fan of that.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Started reading Jim stoppanis encyclopedia of muscle. I am learned quite a bit so I decided to start a 100's workout for 4 weeks it's absolutely excruciating. It's a new level hurt that I've never felt before. Saturday was the first day for it and today was the second day. Seismic surge definitely helps me get going in this workout. The workout is usually almost 2 hours long it seems and I have pretty good energy the entire workout so I'm a big fan of that.
My dad would always talk about 100’s but never gave them a go. Have to try it out some time. Nothing like being able to push through a 2 hour workout.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
That the one where you try to get through 100 reps in one set then up your weight when you can do it in such? I've heard it's great for busting through plateaus. I think at 100 reps I have to use only like.....55lbs on the bench lol.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
That the one where you try to get through 100 reps in one set then up your weight when you can do it in such? I've heard it's great for busting through plateaus. I think at 100 reps I have to use only like.....55lbs on the bench lol.
Yeah empty bar for me! I felt like a complete idiot with it but did not care. I got to 30 thinking I made a mistake as it was too easy! Then around 55 reality started setting in FAST. At 65 I felt a new pain beyond anything before. had to hang it up. Since I had 35 left I got 35 seconds rest and had to go again.. I think I'll put on 2.5lb plates next time lmao!

Here is the workouts so you can see them. I was hoping I could do workout 1 again today, but I have a spot in my chest that feels tender like a bruise without the bruise, so I think I need the rest period..

Legs by far was the worst. It took me over 3 pauses to get in the squats and the leg extensions.. absolutely awful... But I feel inflated lol.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Dude, I'm exhausted just reading that lol. I tried this once for a very short time, but only on bench as I was trying to increase that. I got to the point that I could do 100 with just the bar, but I never was able to get up to 100 with 55lbs lol. I'm sure I'd have to start at the bar again.

A buddy of mine said he kept working at it until he could do 100 reps at 135 and that helped him hit 315 on the bench.

The leg stuff though....ugh.........

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Dude, I'm exhausted just reading that lol. I tried this once for a very short time, but only on bench as I was trying to increase that. I got to the point that I could do 100 with just the bar, but I never was able to get up to 100 with 55lbs lol. I'm sure I'd have to start at the bar again.

A buddy of mine said he kept working at it until he could do 100 reps at 135 and that helped him hit 315 on the bench.

It was sickening. I am feeling destroyed today. I wanted to do light cardio but I think that will hurt too...

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
It was sickening. I am feeling destroyed today. I wanted to do light cardio but I think that will hurt too...
Welp, I think I'll do workout 1 on Thursday. Last 2 years some friends and I have done "Friendsgiving Leg Day" but I'm just not feeling the crazy leg day this year so I think that 100's will be just what I need to break up some monotony!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Welp, I think I'll do workout 1 on Thursday. Last 2 years some friends and I have done "Friendsgiving Leg Day" but I'm just not feeling the crazy leg day this year so I think that 100's will be just what I need to break up some monotony!
lol. Workout 2 is a crazy leg day for sure...

The math is supposed to be 20-30% of a 10 rep set with strict perfect form. So if you can bench 100lbs for 10 clean, than you would put 20-30lbs on the bar. lol. Your goal is to get to a minimum of 60. If you can't its too heavy. If you get to 100 easy too light. I looked like an idiot struggling with an empty bar but it was the right weight. Also if you get to 60 you have 40 left, so you get 40 seconds of rest. If you fail again at 85, you have 15 seconds. go until you get 100.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
lol. Workout 2 is a crazy leg day for sure...

The math is supposed to be 20-30% of a 10 rep set with strict perfect form. So if you can bench 100lbs for 10 clean, than you would put 20-30lbs on the bar. lol. Your goal is to get to a minimum of 60. If you can't its too heavy. If you get to 100 easy too light. I looked like an idiot struggling with an empty bar but it was the right weight. Also if you get to 60 you have 40 left, so you get 40 seconds of rest. If you fail again at 85, you have 15 seconds. go until you get 100.
Yeah trust me man, I'll be starting off with the bar. I remember doing it and thinking the same thing as you, you get to 30 and think "Too easy" then just 20 more and you're gassed and only half way there lol.

I've never done any of the back stuff before so I'm looking forward to getting a pump in the lats doing that many! I'll probably post up in my own log after I tackle this bad boy!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Yeah trust me man, I'll be starting off with the bar. I remember doing it and thinking the same thing as you, you get to 30 and think "Too easy" then just 20 more and you're gassed and only half way there lol.

I've never done any of the back stuff before so I'm looking forward to getting a pump in the lats doing that many! I'll probably post up in my own log after I tackle this bad boy!
Lol. Can't wait to see your feedback

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
100's workout 1 going down in 1.5 hrs!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
So I'm not sure if increasing my dose to just below 1 scoop was the winning factor or my body is already adaptive a little bit today's 100 workout was not as bad as the first.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I've had a few of my buddies do this as well... But agreed. Trying to do 100 reps of the leg exercises would kill me haha

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, legs still hurt from sunday. Debating to try again today or not... We are going to erie for the holiday and I could miss the gym until sunday. I hate to miss 4 days... I need to go today but I am afraid that I won't be able to perform to the program...

Yesterday went damn good! Crazy how much less it hurts this time or it may be DOMS and It's going to hit me later. I went for 7/8 scoop this time so that felt NICE. This is a grueling 2 hr workout, and i felt powered up the whole time. The nice part about that is I put so much energy into the workout, I was able to fall asleep better. Still was a challenge but not quite as bad.

As I start working out the soreness seems to dissipate some, so I am thinking I should try today. Thoughts?