Obama flicks off Clinton and McCain

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhkq11UExcw"]YouTube - Obama Flips off Hillary[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnEhmbKazdw"]YouTube - Obama Gives McCain The Finger[/ame]

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
come on rob, you can do a lot better than this

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
i guess you can call that just plane politics

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Lol this is garbage. I hate Obama and this is garbage.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Lol this is garbage. I hate Obama and this is garbage.
You serious? Both times he was congratulating his opponents and he 'just happened' to use his middle finger to scratch his face?

It could be a coincidence, or he could be saying :FUfinger:

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
He's so obvious too, he knows everyone knows that's what he was doing.
Ya, lets go vote for a guy that has that little self-control, lol.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow, are we really going to stretch this far?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
wow, are we really going to stretch this far?
It all depends how you interpret the movement. Obviously, if you see it as scratching his face, its nothing.

If you see him as flicking off his opponents, what does that say about him? Its certainly not classy or presidential.

In the first video, it sounds like the crowd is reacting to the gesture....

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
I honestly don't really care about it, it just doesn't seem very professional to me :/
It's just one of those WTF random moments, lol.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It all depends how you interpret the movement. Obviously, if you see it as scratching his face, its nothing.

If you see him as flicking off his opponents, what does that say about him? Its certainly not classy or presidential.

In the first video, it sounds like the crowd is reacting to the gesture....
This is so juvenile. I saw it in the misc. section of that other forum... and that's exactly where it belongs.:rolleyes:

Did you watch the debates? Obama was the picture of class and professionalism. It was McCain who seemed flustered and irritated. You can attack Obama on many things... but keeping his cool and acting presidential isn't one of them. Jesus... :think:

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
This is so juvenile. I saw it in the misc. section of that other forum... and that's exactly where it belongs.:rolleyes:

Did you watch the debates? Obama was the picture of class and professionalism. It was McCain who seemed flustered and irritated. You can attack Obama on many things... but keeping his cool and acting presidential isn't one of them. Jesus... :think:
Did you watch the videos?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established

You ever seen Obama give a speech without a teleprompter? :icon_lol:

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You ever seen Obama give a speech without a teleprompter? :icon_lol:
I watched McCain try to do it on Meet the Press... and when he forget his beloved Joe the Plumber wasn't at his rally! :icon_lol:

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Sadly enough... I did. C'mon, man... Really???
I don't know. I've watched it 5 or 6 times and the movement looks completely unnatural and planned. I've messed around and done the same thing to people before.

I'm not 100% that he did it intentionally or not, but as of right now I'm 75-25 intentional.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you going to answer the question?
Seriously? Okay... to be honest, I couldn't care less about a politician using a teleprompter.

What exactly is your issue with it?

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know. I've watched it 5 or 6 times and the movement looks completely unnatural and planned. I've messed around and done the same thing to people before.

I'm not 100% that he did it intentionally or not, but as of right now I'm 75-25 intentional.
Reminds me of the X-Files:

"I want to believe." :lol:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
You made a comment about Obama being the image of class and professionalism. I asked you if you had seen a speech of his without a teleprompter because then you would realize that most of the time he can't even put a simple sentence together without muttering and stumbling his way through it, which, by your definition and reference to McCain, would be the opposite of class and professionalism

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You made a comment about Obama being the image of class and professionalism. I asked you if you had seen a speech of his without a teleprompter because then you would realize that most of the time he can't even put a simple sentence together without muttering and stumbling his way through it, which, by your definition and reference to McCain, would be the opposite of class and professionalism
You've got to be kidding me! For God's sake, it's one of his universally accepted strong points. Even Fox News has expounded on the fact that he is an excellent public speaker. Rugger, you can't be this transparent. I mean... really?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
You've got to be kidding me! For God's sake, it's one of his universally accepted strong points. Even Fox News has expounded on the fact that he is an excellent public speaker. Rugger, you can't be this transparent. I mean... really?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJSVPAx8xc"]YouTube - Obama Speech - Teleprompter Goes Out[/ame]

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guys, I can understand your disappointment in having to accept that a person you despise is about to become President. Believe me, I've felt the same way the last two elections. But look at this thread! C'mon now! :wtf:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU&feature=related"]YouTube - Obama lost without a teleprompter[/ame]

How eloquent!

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If a football team plays 1000 games in 1000 days, and they finish with a record of 990-10... would you say they're horrible? Dude, everyone has a bad moment in a speech. His overall body of work is impressive. Could you speak in public as effectively as he does (teleprompter or not)? I couldn't! Look, I teach 5th graders. Sometimes, in the middle of a lesson that I wholeheartedly believe in, I lose my train of thought. It happens. It's funny as hell when it does... but it happens. Doesn't mean I'm a bad teacher.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
If a football team plays 1000 games in 1000 days, and they finish with a record of 990-10... would you say they're horrible? Dude, everyone has a bad moment in a speech. His overall body of work is impressive. Could you speak in public as effectively as he does (teleprompter or not)? I couldn't! Look, I teach 5th graders. Sometimes, in the middle of a lesson that I wholeheartedly believe in, I lose my train of thought. It happens. It's funny as hell when it does... but it happens. Doesn't mean I'm a bad teacher.
Can you tell me what Obama believes in and what he hopes to specifically accomplish, and how, if or when he is President? I'm too lazy to look on his page.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Can you tell me what Obama believes in and what he hopes to specifically accomplish, and how, if or when he is President? I'm too lazy to look on his page.
Encourage Diversity in Media Ownership: Barack Obama believes that the nation’s rules ensuring diversity of media ownership are critical to the public interest. Unfortunately, over the past several years, the Federal Communications Commission has promoted the concept of consolidation over diversity. As president, Obama will encourage diversity in the ownership of broadcast media, promote the development of new media outlets for expression of diverse viewpoints, and clarify the public interest obligations of broadcasters who occupy the nation’s spectrum.
Censor people who disagree with him!

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like the rest of you, I put a lot of weight into issues that are important to me on a personal level. Education is the most crucial issue in my opinion... both short and long term. High-stakes standardized tests and a severe lack of funding is not going to be covered up with McCain's band-aid of "choice", especially if he only slightly modifies the joke that is No Child Left Behind.

I could go on... but I'm as likely to convert you to Islam as I am to convince you Obama is a good choice.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Like the rest of you, I put a lot of weight into issues that are important to me on a personal level. Education is the most crucial issue in my opinion... both short and long term. High-stakes standardized tests and a severe lack of funding is not going to be covered up with McCain's band-aid of "choice", especially if he only slightly modifies the joke that is No Child Left Behind.

I could go on... but I'm as likely to convert you to Islam as I am to convince you Obama is a good choice.
My Mother is a Muslim ;)
McCain supports voucher system, which is all I really care about as far as education goes.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My Mother is a Muslim ;)
McCain supports voucher system, which is all I really care about as far as education goes.
Vouchers... that's A LOT more complex than it seems. Obama isn't exactly anti-voucher, by the way. Anyway, let's not even go there.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Vouchers... that's A LOT more complex than it seems. Obama isn't exactly anti-voucher, by the way. Anyway, let's not even go there.
Please enlighten me. A link would suffice.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
He is anti-voucher unless he lied in the debates. He said he was pro-charter school and anti-voucher.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He is anti-voucher unless he lied in the debates. He said he was pro-charter school and anti-voucher.
He is not anti-voucher. He is very skeptical of it (as am I, as a teacher), and he sees the need for an overhaul of the public education system (as do I). That's what he said, Rob.

"He said he was astonished to learn that a voucher program in Milwaukee had never been tested in a longitudinal study to find out whether it had helped children or not. "If there was any argument for vouchers it was, all right, let's see if this experiment works, and then if it does, whatever my preconceptions, my attitude is you do what works for the kids," Mr. Obama said."

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
He is not anti-voucher. He is very skeptical of it (as am I, as a teacher), and he sees the need for an overhaul of the public education system (as do I). That's what he said, Rob.

"He said he was astonished to learn that a voucher program in Milwaukee had never been tested in a longitudinal study to find out whether it had helped children or not. "If there was any argument for vouchers it was, all right, let's see if this experiment works, and then if it does, whatever my preconceptions, my attitude is you do what works for the kids," Mr. Obama said."
"Senator Obama has always been a critic of vouchers," and Mr. Obama echoed that sentiment yesterday, saying that while he supports charter schools, he opposes private school vouchers.
http://www.nysun.com/new-york/obama-tells-teachers-union-he-opposes-vouchers/81801/

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"Senator Obama has always been a critic of vouchers," and Mr. Obama echoed that sentiment yesterday, saying that while he supports charter schools, he opposes private school vouchers.
http://www.nysun.com/new-york/obama-tells-teachers-union-he-opposes-vouchers/81801/
Rugger... are you drunk? I just said that. He opposes them... and when a longitudinal study gives them merit... he will look at it with an open mind.

Christ man, was it the "open mind" part that threw you?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I must've misheard what he said. I'll take your word for it though.

My feeling is that not everybody is a fan of public schools. I would very much prefer to send my kids to private schools, but I can't afford it. At least let me get a tax credit for paying for private schools.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Rugger... are you drunk? I just said that. He opposes them... and when a longitudinal study gives them merit... he will look at it with an open mind.

Christ man, was it the "open mind" part that threw you?
I'm sorry, I must have interpreted you saying "He is not anti-voucher" as something other than effectively denying support for them.

Barack Obama believes free, quality public education is the heart of the American promise. He supports public charter schools, but not vouchers.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm sorry, I must have interpreted you saying "He is not anti-voucher" as something other than effectively denying support for them.
Look, I know that was you attempting sarcasm... but it's bad timing. I've already posted that he is open to the idea if it proves to be successful.

Alright... let's just agree to disagree, buddy. Have a great night. Tomorrow's a BIG day! :duel:

Repped.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
The use of the gesture is questionable....

Holy crap there is sooo much stuff going on in the world and this has its own thread, wtF.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
wow how sad for obama to do such things.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
he is a fake! he has been back peddlin this last week. I honestly don't think he will make it. If he does then that's what the people want. I just hope he can deliver. I know his security will have to deliver alot. he isn't ready for this type no matter what happens, he won't be ready for this commitment.