Now for something completely different

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For those of you that know me, you can skip this part. I used to be a very big very strong guy...6'6 340..500 plus bench etc etc. Ran all types of gear for many years and very knowledgeable about heavy lifting and how to grow. However, at 45, my body was starting to tell me enough was enough. I was hurting all the time, I had high BP, kidney and liver enzymes were elevated..etc...and I had achieved all I wanted too in terms of strength. No..I wasnt about looks...just raw strength...and, I knew I could not keep going to the gym and training without going balls to the walls, with all of it..diet..etc. Im either 110 percent in..or not at all. But I knew I had to change for my health...but I also knew I had to train. So probably 6 months ago I set a goal. Next summer Im going to compete in Triathlons. I swam in college so I figured Id have a shot if I could run...and biking isnt so bad..it was the running that was going to kill me....hell, I was 340lbs at the time. So, I came off of gear..the right way..went from 6 to 7k in cals a day to 2500 cals of completely unprocessed food..no dairy no sugar no refined carbs...lots of animal protein veggies brown rice and hot sauce and started walking. That was all I could do at first..maybe 20mins of walking. Im proud to say that now Im running between 6 and 10 miles a day...not very fast..but doing it..and my weight is between 235 and 240. Every other day, I train twice a day with either swimming biking or weights. My BP is 100/60 without meds, my resting heart rate is in the 40s, and I have the blood work of a vegan..lol. So, this is in the cycle log forum because Im going to go back on probably a small test e dose...like 250 a week, but would like to add something to aid my training, build some lean muscle while I continue to train 3 to 4 hours a day. Thoughts and suggesttions?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lots of endurance stuff sounds like. Have you tried cardarine?

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No I haven't. Whats your experience with it?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No I haven't. Whats your experience with it?
No personal experience, yet. It activates I think PPAR delta. It was originally advertised to burn fat, but from all the reports I’ve heard, direct fat burning is unimpressive. The endurance/stamina boost is supposed to be pretty good. Also, good for blood lipids from what I hear.

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You could add var if you can handle the cramping. Or low dose so you don’t get to tight while running. Once you come off it I would think you have built those muscle up that you’ve been using while swimming, biking, and running it will be easy to deal with the whole triathlon. I’m just getting into iron mans so I will have to test and see what works for me maybe tbol. Really though steroids aren’t going to help with the cardio aspect because anything you hold water on or increase red blood cells is going to cause blood pressure to go up. I mean EPO would be great if you could get your hands on it.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Going to try Epi for a few days..just to see how it helps with the running. Did 9.4 yesterday. Took me about 2 hours..told you I was slow..lol. FYI..the new Tool album is fucking great.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also have Var..but Im going to try the Epi first. Was going to try to unload the the Var.

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I also have Var..but Im going to try the Epi first. Was going to try to unload the the Var.
**** PM if you wanna get rid of their Var I got some but only enough for a month worth at 60mg. A great way to help your times running is short sprints maybe 10-15 second all out then jog continue that for anoint 20-30 minutes. Or instead of all out spring about 90% for 45 seconds. It’s been the most effective way to decrease my mile times and over the course of 12+ miles.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did PM. Also..taking a breather right now on my run at 4.5 miles. Feel pretty good with the Epi in me. A lot less sore, more stamina..feeling kinda full...like I want to lift...lol. I also do all my running fasted. Cant wait to go home and tear up some chicken breasts and veggies...maybe pork tenderloin

Attachments

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just for shits and giggles. The first pic is me in July at 335 after winning a bench competition at my gym with the owner. Hes 6'1 and 220.

The second pic is me the other day at around 240...on my way to my goal of completing a few Triathlons next summer. I really dont give a **** what I look like..shirtless just to show the weight loss.

Attachments

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Think I might I have to hit 215 or 220 before running is comfortable.

stock28

Awards
  • Established
Which ever way you decide to go, glad to see you back in such good condition. Keep killing it.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you. I love the love the lifestyle of the heavy stuff...the training, the diet, the whole mentally of it...but after 20 plus years of pounding, my health was starting to take a toll and it was time to become obsessed in a new direction. That being said, I know that there are alot of newer fellas on here that I could share the knowledge I've gained through 20 years of gear use on my road to becoming what I once was...I made a lot of mistakes and learned a great deal along the way. And now, I could use some pointers from other guys perusing goals similar to mine now.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diet is the same every day.

Meal one..chicken breast, scoop brown rice, mixed veggies, jalapenos, black beans, hot sauce.

Meal two...mixed greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, 1 large can of tuna in water.

Training

Everyday...7 days a week

7 to 10 miles fasted jogging, running, walking...2 to 3hrs

Every other day...after meal 1

Biking or Swimming for 45mins to 1hr

Attached is my slow ass run times and cals burned and distance from a cool phone app called runtastic

Attachments

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dont hate on my times...lol. In July, I was 6'6, 330 lb power lifter...Im getting there.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will be starting weights soon and some kind of cycle as well. Definitely not looking to get big again...pretty sure that would be impossible with the amount of cardio Im doing. Just looking for lean muscle and recovery

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Unpopular opinion and I’m not trying to discourage you, but I feel like going from your past to the new cardiovascular endeavors could have some ill effects. The stress you have placed on your system in the past and current training might have some unknown negatives. While I agree that your past training/lifestyle wasn’t sustainable, endurance training is very stressful(past beneficial hormesis). These might be chronically elevated stress hormones, training the beat to beat variability out of your heart, and increased joint degradation.

Healthy diet+moderate strength training+lifestyle modifications are superior to long term cardio endeavors.

Being thin isn’t the only correlation for health but if you really do it cause you enjoy that’s cool. I just think there are better ways to obtain health if that is your goal.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My goal is to compete in Triathlons next summer. Just had an MRI and CT and Stress Test done of my heart..doc says I have the heart of a 20 yr old. Doc wanted the tests because he thought I was nuts too. I honestly could care less what I look like...I felt exactly the same when I was lifting heavy. It was NEVER about looks to me. Its about pushing myself to the physical limit. Yeah, joints are a little sore...but ill live..lol.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My goal is to compete in Triathlons next summer. Just had an MRI and CT and Stress Test done of my heart..doc says I have the heart of a 20 yr old. Doc wanted the tests because he thought I was nuts too. I honestly could care less what I look like...I felt exactly the same when I was lifting heavy. It was NEVER about looks to me. Its about pushing myself to the physical limit. Yeah, joints are a little sore...but ill live..lol.
Good **** brother

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
I decided to train for a marathon this year back in February. The marathon is now next week. I started at 108kg and now sitting at 93kg. Consistency and commitment will get you to your goals. I tried running tbol at 60mg to try retain my size but getting lighter is definitely a bonus when doing any endurance training.

I can’t upload the contrasting pics as the site is saying they are too big. But the difference in physique is quite drastic. You will see the same shortly my friend.

I have been following a guy called Ross edgley who says size and endurance and coincide. Maybe worth checking him out too dude.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh yes...being lighter for sure makes a massive difference. I'm about 100 pounds lighter than I was 5 months ago..and the running just keeps getting easier as I keep getting lighter. Im between 235 and 240 right now, which for me is skinny considering that Im 6'6 and used to be a power lifter a very short while ago. I think another 20 lbs would make that last very much needed difference to get over the hump and become really comfortable running.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
I found the secret to a comfortable run is pace. You can’t out run a bad start I found. Whereas if you start slow and build up the pace during the run you’re on it goes a bit better.

I’m still not fast but I now feel I have durability in my legs and stamina which is all I care about.

Attachments

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very nice my friend..thats twice as fast as me on my 10 milers. Tomorrow will probably be slower as I am enjoying A few glasses of nice wine with my girlfriend...an indulgence..but much needed. Steak shrimp and peppers for dinners with garlic..brilliant

Attachments

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very nice my friend..thats twice as fast as me on my 10 milers. Tomorrow will probably be slower as I am enjoying A few glasses of nice wine with my girlfriend...an indulgence..but much needed. Steak shrimp and peppers for dinners with garlic..brilliant

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Also mate, would be I tersted in finding out what gear you’re running (if any) as your training goes.

I think small doses of AAS would be beneficial for wear and tear and recovery from mass endurance training, specially for heavy fellas.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last two days ive been popping an Epistane just out of curiosity really...It did remove a lot of the soreness and helped with fatigue, but I got that jacked feeling like I needed to pound weights. I am for sure going to run a low dose Test E cycle. I have some Suspension laying around, I might see how that goes today as another experiment.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have you looked into GHRPs? The extra GH might be helpful. Should help maintain muscle, decrease wear and tear on the joints, and in theory should help mobilize more fat. Could help leaning out as well as providing extra energy substrate during the run.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Last two days ive been popping an Epistane just out of curiosity really...It did remove a lot of the soreness and helped with fatigue, but I got that jacked feeling like I needed to pound weights. I am for sure going to run a low dose Test E cycle. I have some Suspension laying around, I might see how that goes today as another experiment.
Are you on TRT or you off completely except from the epistane?

I have a batch of anavar sitting here and wondering if that will help with the muscle soreness and recovery over this weeks training (albeit Taylored back) an the marathon!

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im off everything. Im really not running running epistane..just tried a couple caps as an experiment. No, Im not on TRT..not doctor prescribed..but Ive been using gear for 20 years...so Ill probably jump back on 250 a week of test or so..maybe with something else as I up with weights. I dont know yet.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
More food prep. Chicken breast, garlic, scallions, spices...should last till weds
20190929_185413(1).jpg

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Finished product. For all the new guys..you need to be spending as much or more time in the kitchen than you do in the gym. Ive been doing this for 20 years and did **** wrong for a long time...food food food..is the key..the right food at the right times. This is 6 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned and chopped to make meals of veggies beans..organic black and brown rice. Cheap and perfect.

Attachments

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Glad I found this thread swim, interesting stuff. You are absolutely right that running gets easier as you get lighter, I did a half marathon at 200lbs and tbh that was the weight at which I felt light on my feet and enjoyed running. I’m 220 currently and that still feels a touch heavy (I can do a 52 min 10k at this weight but I feel it more). The thing I would say is you don’t want to be running that distance daily. It’s a lot of wear and tear on the joints (knees) bro, typically long distance runners do a short, medium and long run a week with maybe a very short recovery run after the long run.

id also look into Fartlek training as well for your running.
Just my view but I think you would benefit massively from some bootcamp style fitness classes (the ones they called HIIT which aren’t actually HIIT). 45 mins of pretty intense resistance training, bodyweight stuff, kB swings etc etc will help build your engine whilst helping to maintain some of the lean mass and accelerate fat loss.

supplement wise, I find cardarine does help for sure, very noticeable. Without doubt the peptides I use to increase gh make a big difference to the joints. You also need to be aware of inflammation with running and endurance training generally, turmeric is a well known supplement for this but I also sleep on an earthing sheet (you can just go barefoot outside for an hour or two). Fighting inflammation should be a priority though.

good luck bro

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks whisky...good stuff here.
haha no worries, endurance stuff when over 200lbs is one of the very few things in the whole fitness arena that I’m probably pretty good at lol

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha no worries, endurance stuff when over 200lbs is one of the very few things in the whole fitness arena that I’m probably pretty good at lol
Yeah..Im pretty good at getting big and staying big..over 300..lol. This current endeavor is all new to me.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Little late but I'm in

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
This week is my taper down week. Basically limiting to 5mile runs or incline runs in the treadmill as the marathon is in Sunday.

Sunday directly after the marathon I will be popping a 50mg anavar tab and beasting weights on Monday at some point.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Have a look at Ross Edgley mate. Size and stamina can co-exist....this is my next venture. To pack back on my size while still being able to remain an endurance athlete. Exciting times my friend. Can’t wait to see how your journey goes.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Been there dude and learned that lesson too. Nearly had to call my dad to come pick me up at one point. Fasted endurance for big guys is a no no. We NEED fuel.

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Another place that makes great programming tailored to everything under the sun is SOFLETE. Definitely worth it if your trying to keep a good base for strength and improve endurance.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also..can anyone suggest a decent running shoe for 6'6 240? Ive already blown through mine..probably designed for a regular guy

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hoka one one make great shoes I forgot which one has the most cushioning but they are great I have the Arahi 3s they force me from running flat footed since I have to arch but can barely tell anything is on my feet.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Mizuno wave 2. I’m 211lbs and have been running in them since March and they are still solid. Very comfy with loads of absorption.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did you try the Cardarine yet? Really amazing stuff for extending cardio performance. No nervous jitters or shakes... you just run longer and farther with less fatigue. Miracle pill for those who otherwise get winded....

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Todays run. Felt pretty good today. Slipped into the zone and was able to stay there awhile without forcing it. Looking into cardarine
Screenshot_2019-10-05-15-21-50.png