Not exactly an injury... but pain.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Hi all,

So I suffer with lower back pain and its cause is actually simple.... extremely tight hamstrings.

If I dont stretch them the pain is bad, even when I do stretch the pain goes away but comes back writhin a few hours.

I am stretching my hams for about 20mins every day but they just dont seem to get any more flexible, multiple stretches, foam rolling and using a massage gun.

I'm wondering if my job isnt helping due to the fact I'm sat down for close to 8 hours a day Mon-Fri.

Does anyone have any ideas or really good stretches that could help. Or maybe is it time to visit a chiropractor to see if it's something else causing the tightness.

Ant help greatley appreciated!

TIA

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If stretching, rolling, etc. isn't helping I'd try to find a good professional (PT or Chiro) to get checked out. Low back pain is a multifaceted issue and I highly doubt it is just tight hamstrings (even if they are actually tight, which they might not really be), so it can be hard to determine.

Especially because it is sometimes hard to have a unbiased view of ourselves when looking at these issues so having an outside "source" help figure out and help can be very beneficial.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, some of those causes are terrifying haha, never read the internet for symptoms I guess!
But still some good info in there for sure.

If stretching, rolling, etc. isn't helping I'd try to find a good professional (PT or Chiro) to get checked out. Low back pain is a multifaceted issue and I highly doubt it is just tight hamstrings (even if they are actually tight, which they might not really be), so it can be hard to determine.

Especially because it is sometimes hard to have a unbiased view of ourselves when looking at these issues so having an outside "source" help figure out and help can be very beneficial.
Yeah it is hard to say, your right.. it seems like just hamstrings but it might not be, it could be lower down the posterior chain I guess.. or higher.

Think it's time to see a PT or Chiro for sure.