Nootropics on demand use

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anybody have any experience with ‘on demand’ use of nootropics like aniracetam, noopept etc… as opposed to daily use? if so should the dose be increased.
So far every time I was taking nootropics I was taking it daily for serval days/ weeks.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aniracetam can be taken "on demand" for the anxiolytic effects. Phenylpiracetam works immediately. Tianeptine works very fast for mood regulation.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've found the effects of Noopept to be cumulative. Like kisaj said, many of the the other racetams can have acute effects.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody have any experience with ‘on demand’ use of nootropics like aniracetam, noopept etc… as opposed to daily use? if so should the dose be increased.
So far every time I was taking nootropics I was taking it daily for serval days/ weeks.
Phenylp is one of the best "on demand" Noots. It does not need any cumulative effect to work, and in fact, dosing more than 3 days in a row causes tolerance, so it is actually recommended to only take a few times a week.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Sulbutiamine is best used in this way to avoid tolerance.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Phenylpiracetam
Phenibut
Oxiracetam
Aniracetam
Picamilon
Huperzine
Vinpocetine
Sunifram
Unifram
Bromantane
Modafinil
Adrafinil
Crl 40, 940
Crl 40, 941
Agmatine
Amentoflavone
Caffeine
Theanine

All have atleast some acute effects.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Phenylpiracetam
Phenibut
Oxiracetam
Aniracetam
Picamilon
Huperzine
Vinpocetine
Sunifram
Unifram
Bromantane
Modafinil
Adrafinil
Crl 40, 940
Crl 40, 941
Agmatine
Amentoflavone
Caffeine
Theanine

All have atleast some acute effects.
Solid list.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After reading this study, American Ginseng seems like it can be useful acutely:

" Effects of American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) on neurocognitive function: an acute, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study."

This randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover trial (N = 32, healthy young adults) assessed the acute mood, neurocognitive and glycaemic effects of three doses (100, 200 400*mg) of Cereboost™ (P. quinquefolius standardised to 10.65% ginsenosides). Participants' mood, cognitive function and blood glucose were measured 1, 3 and 6*h following administration.

RESULTS:

There was a significant improvement of working memory (WM) performance associated with P. quinquefolius. Corsi block performance was improved by all doses at all testing times. There were differential effects of all doses on other WM tasks which were maintained across the testing day. Choice reaction time accuracy and 'calmness' were significantly improved by 100*mg. There were no changes in blood glucose levels.

CONCLUSIONS:

This preliminary study has identified robust working memory enhancement following administration of American ginseng.