Nonrepinephrine affects on Fat Lipolysis

NeighbourMike

NeighbourMike

Awards
I have a question, somewhat in relation to lecture today. In regards to lipolysis as we were discussing in class, what are the effects of SNDRI's (serotonin–norepinephrine–dopamine reuptake inhibitor) on fat metabolism, during exercise and at rest. Is there any? I know nonrepinephrine has an effect on my fat liposylsis.

Would Cymbalta (Duloxetine) 30mg be enough to actively affect this?

I'm currently on a small dose...nothing serious and rest assured I am under medical supervision and I am weening off it slowly. Wondering if this has/would affect
me trying to "lean up" as mentioned in class.

Just a thought, I'm not going to flush it or anything neurotic, currently it's been a great help for me.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I gained significent amount of weight on a low dose of lexapro (SSRI). N=1 I know but figured I would share

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

NeighbourMike

NeighbourMike

Awards
Yeah, I think I read SNDRI's are N=3. so far I have been controlling every aspect of my nutrition including timing and nutrient delivery so I want to know if this is festooning my efforts somewhat if any.

Whats the point of having your BCAAS/Hydrowhey immediately post workout, going for a 20 min anabolic HIIT sprints then eating carbs, all to control insulin levels to get maximum muscle protein uptake if this nonreprinephrine is ****ing me up.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are comparing a neurotransmittor to an adrenal hormone.

The SNDRI is taken up by the brain and prevents the metabolism of NE in the neurons of the brain and CNS. It is not an NE agonist, and will not have a direct effect on lipolysis systemically.

Most beta activation at fat cells is accomplished via epinephrine released into the blood stream and NE spillover from nerve terminals and the little that is released by the adrenal glands is not nearly as effective at increasing lipolysis as EPI. http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/91/2/665.abstract

I think you need to look into the differences between intracerebral NE and NE reuptake inhibition compared to plasma/systemic NE before taking an SNDRI for performance.

NeighbourMike

NeighbourMike

Awards
I am not taking SNDRI for performance..that would be more than slightly disturbing.

I am prescribed SNDRI, and was posing the question would it adequately disturb epinephrine level to skew fat loss in one way or another.

Thanks for your advice, it is always good hearing the analysis from a qualified individual, I just was wondering from a chemical interaction perspective! Thanks

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am not taking SNDRI for performance..that would be more than slightly disturbing.

I am prescribed SNDRI, and was posing the question would it adequately disturb epinephrine level to skew fat loss in one way or another.

Thanks for your advice, it is always good hearing the analysis from a qualified individual, I just was wondering from a chemical interaction perspective! Thanks
haha, yes it would...but never underestimate the things (stupid or otherwise) that people might do or try without giving it any thought or research.

NeighbourMike

NeighbourMike

Awards
haha, yes it would...but never underestimate the things (stupid or otherwise) that people might do or try without giving it any thought or research.
Understood and Granted!
Haha as I begin to involve myself more & more in HWF Industry and expose myself to opportunity, there are many individuals who need to be properly facilitated in the RIGHT direction let me tell ya, that's about the nicest way I can say it.

TLDR; Mirror Men, Curls for the girls etc