No-Nonsense Project Z Alpha Test: Universal's New Recovery Pak

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
-I'm gonna take a simple and short aprroach to my log. I know i dont like sweefting though pages of non-sense to see how a person is reacting to a supplement. I just want to know if the supplement works or not, and for them to give a fair honest review. And thats what i'm gonna do.
You could say Animal Style.

-Updates will be daily, but im not going to record numbers on weights, or tell you what im eating everyday. I dont believe in that, nor do i think it helps inform people, especially in the context of the product I'm testing.

-I actually have no clue what in it, but know to take it and night, and it should help with recovery.

-All my efforts will be going to reviewing Project Z and testing it.

-There will be a final feedback review regarding my testing, that will help Animal get info on how their product is working for different people.

-I Will update everyday, some days I may have not much to say, some days i may do a paragraph. It starts after my first dose at night, Day 1, tommorow.

-Once again, i have no clue whats in it, so i dont exactly know what to look for.

Three main subjective things Im gonna be looking at:
Recovery: Regarding Soreness and if i can skip and off day or two.
Strength: Subjectlively, do i feel stronger?
Sleep: Subjectlively, do i sleep better?

Im going be as short and concise as I can, while still being informative.

A Little Info:
-215 pounds
-5"10
-Working out 5 years seriously
-Much experience with many supps, especially ones for recovery
-Love Universal Products, and the company's no BS approach
-Current Training is FST-7, which i love. I do every workout to the max, and dont care about how much I'm lifting, just how much the muscle feels the exercise
-Currently taking other supplements, but none at night
-I know my body full well, and i know if something is working or not

Notes on Universal:
-Thank you for the opportunity, very exiting
-Love how the plain tin can looks
-Loved the bumber sticker, Animal Pump sample, and nice letter

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

Notes:

First Dosing:I think I felt a pump 30-60 minutes after dosing. Went to bed 1 hour after dosing. It did not make me tired, maybe more relaxed.

Sleep: Approximately 9 hours

Wake-up: I don't feel groggy, and i feel cranky, maybe aggressive

Sleep Quality: Normal

Soreness: I feel more sore than yesterday, but that could just be my DOMS from my workout two days ago.

Initial Thoughs on whats in here: The 6 big tablets, two white caps, and two herbal caps. I feel theres some anti-cortisol effects, some pump effects, there could be some amino acids in here. I dont think i have tried the herbs that are in here, because from the burp, i could not detect any familiar aromas.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
In watching.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 Update

Had a crazy leg workout, i had huge pump going on, it was hard to walk.

I could already feel the soreness coming, i couldnt resist and took a pak after my workout with my shake, see what thatll do for me.

Im gonna take another pak, before i go to bed.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

I feel some cortisol inhibiting effects, I think. Ive taken some other cortisol inhibiting products, and it kind of feels like cortisol is being lowered. I have no clue whether or not it is. Feel more relaxed but does not make me sleepy. I did feel a slight pump from taking two packs yesterday, could be in my mind.

I'm super sore today actually, and i don't think anything could have prevented that.

I did 4 sets of heavy hack squats, followed by leg curls and leg extensions in FST-7 format. For those that dont know, FST-7 stands for seven sets of 15 reps for one exericise with 30 seconds between each set. I also did some calf work.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

I took 2 paks last night because i like the experiment and my legs could barely function:)

I took em and then 4 hours later i went to sleep, i went to sleep way past my usual schedule.

I slept 10 hours and people were calling me and i didnt hear them.

I swear i felt a pump last night that laster and hour, and a cortisol lowering effect that lasted an hour. Then my mind got energized or something, and i got very hungry and ate. The pump only last about an hour as far as i can tell.

I only did this once, my legs feel less sore, as far as i can tell.

But regular dosing from here on out.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
So, it's a recovery "pak" then?
Yeah.
Take some of my off-the-wall comments as just rambling, until i finish and can post a final review. Cause from day to day, theres differenent factors that could change how i perceive its actions, or how its actions take place on me.

I can say so far that i notice additional pumps when i take. And a cortisol lowering effects. But its only been three days, so many factors could be in the mix.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

I have just taken a pak with my last steak and brocoli meal, 3 hours before my planned bedtime. I have a weird schedule right now.

i feel that it doesnt make me sleepy, perhaps relaxed.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah.
Take some of my off-the-wall comments as just rambling, until i finish and can post a final review. Cause from day to day, theres differenent factors that could change how i perceive its actions, or how its actions take place on me.

I can say so far that i notice additional pumps when i take. And a cortisol lowering effects. But its only been three days, so many factors could be in the mix.
:lol: Alright - ramble away!

Are you under a non-disclosure agreement and got to see the ingredients? Seems more like you're hypothesizing based off of effects - nothing wrong with that, I'm just curious what's in this stuff.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established

Are you under a non-disclosure agreement and got to see the ingredients? Seems more like you're hypothesizing based off of effects - nothing wrong with that, I'm just curious what's in this stuff.
Yeah, they didn't tell me. :thinking:I'm hypothesizing, I'm more curious than you.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Taking it with my lab ultra-low carb meal before bedtime. I feel it doesnt really help me sleep, perhaps can even activiate me a little bit. And perhaps food enchances absorbtion will have to see.

No pump with last dose.

Cortisol controll seems to be key.

Im also think they might have some time released select aminos in here.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 6

Took my dose after my back workout, and i think this is the way im going to be dosing from here on out.

-It doesnt make me sleepy, even possibly energetic.
(could be,perhaps to a growth hormone enchancing component, as ive taken growth hormone enchancers before and they usually stimulate me)

-Its for recovery so why not the best time window, in the anabolic time window after the workout?

-Recovery is better than usual, nothing crazy though.

-Pulled 325-8 on partial deads, pretty good,maybe very good, for me. Other exercises as well included in the workout.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 6 (update)

I had taken another dose pre-bed, and had excellent sleep, although i also took benardyl.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 7

Awesome sleep, there may be cumalative effects.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 8

Two paks, again, i have a problem with doing this.

one post workout, one pre-bed.

Pre-bed dose makes me hungry.

Had a chest workout, and did a pyramid scheme on bench, and went all the way up to 245-3, which i think is the highest ive done in a while, or maybe thats my new PR. Repped 2 sets of 195 no problems, 2 sets of 145 no problem, 2 sets of 95 no problems, in the 6-12 range depending on weight.

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established

We asked the Alpha Testers not to make the formula public for various reasons. The formula may very well change based on the Alpha Testers feedback.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
We asked the Alpha Testers not to make the formula public for various reasons. The formula may very well change based on the Alpha Testers feedback.
I wasnt given the formula, were others given it?

By the way, how do you like log, is it helpful at all?

I think trying double dosing, which i havent seen any other logger do, and it was extra helpful on workout day with bench, squats, and dead lift taken post workout. I take shock therapy before, so i think the Formula Z helps me relax and helps with the recovery.

Wont be doing it anymore, cause i want to strech my log out, i didnt even know if we were supposed to do that, but there werent too many instruction, other than to take it before bed.

If you ask my feedback, i think a little higher dosing of the product would be better, or include like 40 packs instead of 30 in can. So people can take an extra pack on like really tough days.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 9

There arent really any bad side effects from this product at all. It might increase my hunger when taken on an empty stomach.

Ive been sleeping better, last night was great, and pretty much everynight has been great, but it varies of course.

Recovery is great, as far a supplement that doesnt have apparent side effects goes, nothing super-incredible but definately noticeable.

This seems like a staple pak to me, or at least every other month, or as much as you could afford.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 11

Had a bad sleep, but don't attribute it to Project Z.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 12

Took Z on a full empty stomach right before bed. Was about to crash. Fell asleep, then awoke 3 hours later faily wide awake which does not happen very often. I might take it late in the evening and so close to bedtime on a super empty stomach. Id say it activated me. there may be some growth hormone enchancing component in here. I have take some other GH pill products, and they also kind of make me awake.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 14

Amazing sleep(10 hours)

Been doing good, product does what I expected it to do, but it doesn't necessarily revolutionize anything.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Geez, it's lonely in here. Always hard to keep a log with no one around.

I wouldn't really expect a "recovery" pak to be too revolutionary - just something basic that is not so easily "felt".

It'll be interesting to see how Animal releases this: a stack with regular Pak (so you get both pre- and post-workout covered) would be nice.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Geez, it's lonely in here. Always hard to keep a log with no one around.

I wouldn't really expect a "recovery" pak to be too revolutionary - just something basic that is not so easily "felt".

It'll be interesting to see how Animal releases this: a stack with regular Pak (so you get both pre- and post-workout covered) would be nice.
yeah

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 16 and 17

Continued effects as mentioned previously.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 19

I think Z might activate me, on certain occasions rather than make me sleepy. I got 7 hours of sleep, when i took it on a very empty stomach before bed. Sleep was decent, i had a good chest workout, but not like my previous chest workouts during the log.

Im going to try one day off, see how i feel, difference perhaps.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 18

Edit: DAY 20

Feel more sore than in the past 18 days, but slept better than yesterday. No Pak last night.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 21

Felt really good today, had leg workout, except no hamstrings

Did smith machine hack squats at 360-10(PR), which is up from last week. I would partly attribute this increase from the better recovery from Z. I put my legs on the bottom edge of the platform, to really target my quads.

Leveled it out with less heavier hack squats at from 6-10.

Finished it with FST- 7 calf raises and leg extensions.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Days 22 and 23

Day 22
Had a poor sleep but managed to have a fairly decent Back/Biceps workout.

Day 23
Had an excellent sleep, not to much soreness from the deadlifts.

To note: Full review will commence, once i finish the can, full review, will be compressive and give my overall view of the product.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 24

Nothing new to report, good sleep. Not so much DOMS from deads.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 25 and Day 26

Day 25

Everything as usual

Day 26

Did not take pak. Did not notice anything unusual.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Day 27

Did not take pak again and noticed extra soreness from leg day.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Project Z Alpha Test Review

Recovery- Well this is what its supposed to enhance. Overall, I say it definitely does. It does a great job. DOMS was reduced in general but varied day to day, of course. I couldn’t tell you exactly how much it sped recovery. I did increase workouts, but increased weights over what id normally do.

Cost Effectiveness – Since I got this free, excellent. However, Id be willing to pay between 25 to 35 dollars. I think it might fall into that price range but I don’t know. It probably wont be as cheap as Animal Pak nor as expensive as Animal test. But if the price is right, id be willing to go on and off of it.

Sleep – As this is named Project Z, Id think Z as in getting some Zzzzzs. However I did not notice a definitive change. I generally don’t get a huge response off OTC sleep aids. Sleep varied greatly at times. Sometimes I felt that Project Z enhanced my sleep. Other times I felt that it activated me, and prevented me to go to bed on time. I think it has anti-cortisol effects.

Cortisol- I think it was being lowered. I could say the supp does not make me sleepy, but overall I think it gives a relaxed feeling.

Pumps- Yeah I know, not what youd expect. When taken on a fully empty stomach I could swear some type of pump. It didn’t happen all the time and it wasn’t a huge pump.

Hunger- When taken on an empty stomach I felt more hungry. Definitely

Dosing- I experimented a little. Some days I didn’t take it. Some days I took two paks. I figured out the best way for me to dose. Take two on my three workout days of the week, take one 3 other times, and then 1 day off.

Pills- A few of them are a tad to big. Little hard to swallow. No big deal, but to be noted.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Bro, great work outlining your dosing and workouts in here. We appreciate your feedback man. You fellas that logged this stuff are key in helping the Lab-coats make the final adjustments (if needed) to make this product what it wil finally be when publicly released. Your roll in this was very special so once again, thank you for the work you did. It helps more than you know.

Hg

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Bro, great work outlining your dosing and workouts in here. We appreciate your feedback man. You fellas that logged this stuff are key in helping the Lab-coats make the final adjustments (if needed) to make this product what it wil finally be when publicly released. Your roll in this was very special so once again, thank you for the work you did. It helps more than you know.

Hg
Thanks, didn't think people were still following. But actually i don't like when people come and say unimportant things anyways. Clutters the log. The final review is the most important piece anyway. Day to day its hard to notice what a product is doing. But once your done, and you've stopped taking it, you can look at the month at large.

Might update in a week, in case i notice something i hadnt before. If your taking something everyday, the effects will seem normal.