Nizoral Out of Stock Everywhere... 2 Better Anti-Hair Loss Shampoos that I've tried

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I got a PM on here and another private bodybuilding board for anti hair loss shampoo advice – because there seems to be a country-wide shortage on Nizoral shampoo.
So I wanted to pass it along to you, maybe it will help some guys out.

Many of you guys may be familiar with Nizoral shampoo for combating pattern hair loss or androgen-related accelerated hair loss. It contains the anti-dandruff ingredient, ketoconazole.
Ketoconazole has anti-androgen potential is the one single shampoo ingredient that has clinically proven to combat hair loss.

Clinical Studies
“Journal of Dermatology”; Topical Application of Ketoconazole Stimulates Hair Growth in C3H/HeN Mice; Jiang, et al. 2005.

“Dermatology”; Ketoconazole Shampoo: Effect of Long-Term Use In Androgenic Alopecia; Pierard-Franchimont, et al. 1998

Apparently, over the past 6 weeks, a lot of guys have reported that Nizoral is either out-of-stock or unavailable at stores all around the country.
Oddly, on Amazon.com the price of Nizoral has soared to $33.95 and even $59.95 at a certain vendor for a 7 oz. bottle. It’s usually about $12 in local grocery or drug stores.

A forum poster on the Hair Transplant Network gave McNeil Consumer Healthcare a call and reported that the shampoo has not been discontinued and McNeil (a subsidy of Johnson&Johnson, I believe) is aware of the mass-shortage.
The McNeil representative didn’t really comment much further according to the forum poster.

So unfortunately, it may be a while before we see Nizoral on the shelves again.

I used Nizoral for 6 years and found it pretty effective at controlling androgen-related hair loss. I since moved on shampoos that contain ketoconazole but are also kinder to the scalp because they are anti hair loss shampoos, not a high powerful dermatitis shampoo like Nizoral.

If you use Nizoral, don’t worry - there’s other stuff out there, better stuff in my opinion.

These are my two recommendations (they both contain ketoconazole) if you are looking for a good hair loss prevention shampoo. The reviews on Amazon.com are good. You might be familiar with them:

DS Laboratories Revita Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo, 180 ml Bottle
or
Regenepure DR Scalp Treatment anti Hair Loss and Dandruff Shampoo

Both of these shampoos smell super good and are way easier on your scalp and Nizoral, which tends to give a lot of guys dry scalp. I use Revita daily, even though it has the lower rating [vs. Regenepure] on Amazon.com.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
N2shampoo bro. Lot of good dudes on here swear by it. Everyones been really impressed with it so far that I have talked to.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
really? i keep on top of all the latest stuff, maybe I missed that one
ill google

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
okay, just tracked it down... no Ketoconazole in it?
I'm def. willing to give it a shot, in my experience Revita has been really good and inexpensive.
I like the smell... but the N2 smells like coffee I read!

EBSNW1

EBSNW1

Awards
Dude there are about 10 different shampoos with ketoconazole in it. Who cares if nizoral is out of stock?

Ession

Awards
Nizoral is not out of stock if you do some searching. In fact I've ordered some last week and my package came yesterday.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
there's about 200 threads on google saying its out of stock everywhere... glad you were able to find it

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
there's about 200 threads on google saying its out of stock everywhere... glad you were able to find it
Probably started by the company to create panic and demand! :lol:

Ession

Awards
Seriously...theres a ton left in stock...I just checked my site again...

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
okay, just tracked it down... no Ketoconazole in it?
I'm def. willing to give it a shot, in my experience Revita has been really good and inexpensive.
I like the smell... but the N2 smells like coffee I read!

its good stuff. Im not really old enough and dont have those genes in my family (dad 63, full head of hair) but a lot of the guys in their 30-50's use it at my gym. They use it along with rogaine.