Nitric Oxcide is it really helpful?

FloydB

FloydB

Awards
I have been wanting to add a PROVEN Nitric Oxcide supplement to my pre workout supplement, I have read some good things, and I have read some things that said it's not beneficial to buy. Please share info, and Top Brands.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I have been wanting to add a PROVEN Nitric Oxcide supplement to my pre workout supplement, I have read some good things, and I have read some things that said it's not beneficial to buy. Please share info, and Top Brands.
download.jpg

To answer your question. Yes Nitric Oxide does help in the gym. The product above is the best product I have used for extra pumps in the gym. Never had any side effects either. Some other products I have tried gave me great pumps but I also got a headache with them as well. On my accessory days I always add a scoop of HemaVo2 Max.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've used HemaVo2 Max multiple times and really liked it. great pump.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seems like every other year some study gets released touting or disproving the ergogenic benefit of NO. Personally i've used KNO3 multiple times and "felt" that it aided my training performance. Being that potassium nitrate is relatively cheap it's almost a staple for me.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
iForce Hemavo2 is my go to pump/NO product. Love the pumps it provides. Also going to be starting Gaspari PlasmaJet tomorrow to see how I like it and how it compares to others I've tried

FloydB

FloydB

Awards
Anyone tried the Blackstone Labs HYPE? Is Hemovo2 better?

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
"Proven" is a tough label to apply to virtually any ingredient/product. There are favorable/unfavorable studies and anecdotal accounts for just about every supplement.

That said, if you want a product from a top brand that was formulated to increase NO/blood-flow and overall performance using ingredients backed by actual human data, you won't get much better than Olympus Labs Conqu3r Unleashed Stim-Free. It's on sale for 50% off for a limited time; just add to cart.

olympus-labs-conqu3r-unleashed-stim-free-ingredients.jpg

https://olympus-labs.com/product/conqu3r-stim-free/

Read the write up to see how the ingredients were chosen. Some snippets:

L-Citrulline
L-citrulline increases arginine and ornithine plasma content, resulting in a spike in nitric oxide levels which gives you that sought after pump effect. But wait, if L-citrulline will increase plasma levels of arginine and ornithine why not just supplement with L-arginine and L-ornithine directly? The problem is that L-arginine and L-ornithine are not absorbed by the body as well as L-citrulline. You would need upwards of 10 g or more which may cause GI distress.

In a study in healthy males, L-citrulline dose-dependently increased AUC and Cmax of plasma L-arginine concentration more effectively than L-arginine (P < 0.01). Moreover, urinary nitrate and cGMP were increased from 92 ± 10 to 125 ± 15 µmol mmol−1 creatinine (P = 0.01, 95% CI 8, 58) and from 38 ± 3.3 to 50 ± 6.7 nmol mmol−1 creatinine (P = 0.04, 95% CI 0.4, 24), respectively.
Nitrosigine
Nitrosigine™ is a patented complex of bonded arginine silicate scientifically designed to significantly boost nitric oxide (NO) levels. We previously reviewed the positive effect from arginine on NO. Unlike supplementing directly with L-arginine which could get “messy,“ the Nitrosigine™ complex was shown in preclinical (animal) studies to be absorbed efficiently, raising plasma arginine and silicon levels. Silicon can strengthen and provide flexibility to your arterial walls, helping to increase blood flow. Silicon is not well absorbed through dietary intake, but Nitrosigine™ was shown in preclinical studies to dramatically increase silicon absorption.

Another study found that a complex of arginine-silicate in an efficiently absorbed form, improves vascular function and reduces nephropathy in an animal model of insulin resistance and cardiovascular disease whereas arginine-hcl was not effective.

In a study in healthy males, supplementation with Nitrosigine™ caused an acute increase in arginine, as quick as 30 minutes. The study also found a significant increase in arginine blood levels for up to 3 hours and silicon levels for up to 1.5 hours. Furthermore, the data showed an increased trend in baseline levels of arginine after subsequent use. So drink CONQU3R Unleashed 30 minutes before your workout, get a crazy pump for the whole duration and then get a better pump next workout. Sign me up!
Agmatine
Agmatine ((4-aminobutyl)guanidine) is known as the ultimate nitric oxide enhancing ingredient. It is a byproduct of arginine produced through a process called decarboxylation. Agmatine is similar to arginine but with the carboxylic acid end removed. Agmatine’s primary benefit occurs when it interacts with endothelial cells. These cells form a thin layer along blood vessel walls. As agmatine molecules pass through blood vessels, they attach to receptors on endothelial cell membranes. In response, endothelial cells make nitric oxide, a gas that dilates blood vessels.

A study was conducted examining the effects of agmatine on endothelial cell function by using cultured bovine pulmonary artery endothelial cells. Agmatine stimulated nitrite production three-fold above basal nitrite formation by endothelial cells. This result suggests agmatine can act directly on endothelial cells to increase the synthesis of nitric oxide.
Creatinol-O-Posphate
Creatinol-O-Phosphate is a synthetic analogue of creatine, but it should not be confused with creatine as it does not carry the same benefits. It is actually metabolized as creatinol in the body once it loses the phosphorous group. It is a relatively new ingredient designed to aid in strength, performance, and recovery. Although COP has been shown to increase ATP like creatine, it has a higher rate of absorption in muscle tissue. This will result in greater contractility of muscles meaning users are able to carry out a longer anabolic load. Punishing your muscles for a longer period of time will help users gain more strength and size! COP has been proven to possess anti-ischemic and anti-arrhythmic activities associated with improved ionic balance and heart performance.

In a study of patients with acute myocardial infarction, the levels of six serum enzymes were investigated following supplementation with 3 g of COP. After 3 days, the six enzymes all decreased between 33% and 49% in the COP group as compared with the placebo group, reaching a degree of statistical significance of less than 0.01. The decrease in these enzymes was attributed to the protective action of COP on cell membrane permeability, in agreement with a series of previous studies, and suggests COP has a cardioprotective effect.
ElevATP
ElevATP® is a patented ingredient consisting of a proprietary blend of plant bio-inorganic trace minerals and a polyphenol-rich apple extract. ElevATP® will increase levels of ATP in human blood following ingestion. I know what you are thinking, oral Adenosine 5’-Triphosphate DiSodium (ATP) is already widely available. While that is true, ElevATP® seeks to remedy several issues with supplementation with oral ATP; its poor bioavailability and its tendency to increase reactive oxygen species (ROS) and lactic acid production.

In a double blind, placebo-controlled study, 18 generally healthy adults were given either a 150 mg dose of ElevATP® or 50 mg of an encapsulated silica oxide (placebo). The researchers measured an acute increase in blood levels of ATP by 64% (P=0.02) when compared to the placebo group. In addition, the ROS and lactate level in the supplemented group were unchanged.

A second study with 20 healthy subjects who had fasted overnight (12-16 hours) and were administered a single, 150 mg serving dose of ElevATP® also showed an increase in blood levels of ATP. The average levels of the control group were measured as 40% over baseline levels at 60 minutes and 28% over baseline levels at 120 minutes. Similar to the first study, ATP levels in cell-free plasma and lactate levels remained unchanged.
And that's not even including the Focus and Adaptogen Matrices. As you can see, as far as "proven" ingredients go, Conqu3r Unleashed is top-notch, and at $23.99, nothing comes close.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone tried the Blackstone Labs HYPE? Is Hemovo2 better?
blackstone_Hype_Label.png

Under-dosed prop blend. Regular GMS instead of Hydromax. Cit-Mal instead of pure L-Cit (which wouldn't be a problem, but the whole thing is 4.2 grams. Even if the entire thing was Cit-Mal, it would be under-dosed).

I don't normally crap on products, but this one is a waste of money when there are so many better options.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
View attachment 139107

To answer your question. Yes Nitric Oxide does help in the gym. The product above is the best product I have used for extra pumps in the gym. Never had any side effects either. Some other products I have tried gave me great pumps but I also got a headache with them as well. On my accessory days I always add a scoop of HemaVo2 Max.

My FAVORITE NO2 product on the market TODAY. I love it and love using it before I train

Since I train late at night, caffeine and other pre's are out (as I am very stim sensitive)

So Hemavo2 Max is my goto!!!!

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just about any pump product from Iforce. I'm gonna be trying out Plasmajet soon and will be posting a review/log, if you want to check it out. Other products that I find effective are Purus labs Noxygen, Bulk Citrulline and Cit mal, Agmatine, vegetable glycerin (although it is not NO that is responsible for the pump, to my knowledge). Man sports Noopump is also worth looking into, but it includes several other bells and whistles besides nitric oxide ingredients.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
I like nitrates how much of a benefit it has directly, I dunno but given its fairly inexpensive and has immediate effects with lower blood pressure and increasing pump; I will continue to use it from time to time.

View attachment 139124
Under-dosed prop blend. Regular GMS instead of Hydromax. Cit-Mal instead of pure L-Cit (which wouldn't be a problem, but the whole thing is 4.2 grams. Even if the entire thing was Cit-Mal, it would be under-dosed).

I don't normally crap on products, but this one is a waste of money when there are so many better options.
I should point out agreed that the current version of Hype not that good. I have had it and for its price I would pass, I got it free with a stack deal at the time it was something like older amp cit angel dust get Hype free or something like that, wasn't bad to add in for free but I would not buy it at its normal cost tho.

However it is being reformulated and I am expecting something worth while to come of that so if someone does buy Hype I would wait till version 2

FloydB

FloydB

Awards
They are making it now I believe. I know their pre workout is legit.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
They are making it now I believe. I know their pre workout is legit.
They had been working on a version 2 for a while a long while and it had a few dif versions in the works think couple months back now they had some updates on social media but I have not yet seen the final outcome.

I will prob try it tho have had most of their entire lineup as is

Agree on their pre workout being legit :D I LOVED the og Angel Dust and even the AMP Cit version 2 tech as well Dust V2 and the new Dust Extreme I have all of them :) even that powdered fat burner was real good the Cobra Extreme

FloydB

FloydB

Awards
I've had Dust, and Brutal 4ce. I like both. They just made the Inc500 at #27 so they gotta be doing something right. That's a pretty HUGE accomplishment.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
A lot of solid formulas recommended here op, but the best i have found since OG Plasmajet is Thunderbolt from Antaeus Labs you will love it im somewhat of a n.o junkie there isn't many that i haven't tried lol.
http://www.tgbsupplements.com/product/antaeus-labs-thunderbolt/

I believe vujade has a coupon code for you as well:bigok:

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
"Proven" is a tough label to apply to virtually any ingredient/product. There are favorable/unfavorable studies and anecdotal accounts for just about every supplement.

That said, if you want a product from a top brand that was formulated to increase NO/blood-flow and overall performance using ingredients backed by actual human data, you won't get much better than Olympus Labs Conqu3r Unleashed Stim-Free. It's on sale for 50% off for a limited time; just add to cart.

View attachment 139123

https://olympus-labs.com/product/conqu3r-stim-free/

Read the write up to see how the ingredients were chosen. Some snippets:

L-Citrulline

Nitrosigine

Agmatine

Creatinol-O-Posphate

ElevATP

And that's not even including the Focus and Adaptogen Matrices. As you can see, as far as "proven" ingredients go, Conqu3r Unleashed is top-notch, and at $23.99, nothing comes close.
Thank you for the head up, I just order 2 bottles

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A lot of solid formulas recommended here op, but the best i have found since OG Plasmajet is Thunderbolt from Antaeus Labs you will love it im somewhat of a n.o junkie there isn't many that i haven't tried lol.
http://www.tgbsupplements.com/product/antaeus-labs-thunderbolt/

I believe vujade has a coupon code for you as well:bigok:
thanks TeamTGB

Use vujade5 for 5% off your order up to $149.99
Use vujade7 for 7% off your order over $150.00

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
FloydB

FloydB

Awards
I'm gonna go with Hemavo2. Seems to be mosts go to NO, and I'll back it up with Hype 2 when they finish to see what the difference is.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Creatinol-O-Posphate

Creatinol-O-Phosphate is a synthetic analogue of creatine, but it should not be confused with creatine as it does not carry the same benefits. It is actually metabolized as creatinol in the body once it loses the phosphorous group. It is a relatively new ingredient designed to aid in strength, performance, and recovery. Although COP has been shown to increase ATP like creatine, it has a higher rate of absorption in muscle tissue. This will result in greater contractility of muscles meaning users are able to carry out a longer anabolic load. Punishing your muscles for a longer period of time will help users gain more strength and size! COP has been proven to possess anti-ischemic and anti-arrhythmic activities associated with improved ionic balance and heart performance.

In a study of patients with acute myocardial infarction, the levels of six serum enzymes were investigated following supplementation with 3 g of COP. After 3 days, the six enzymes all decreased between 33% and 49% in the COP group as compared with the placebo group, reaching a degree of statistical significance of less than 0.01. The decrease in these enzymes was attributed to the protective action of COP on cell membrane permeability, in agreement with a series of previous studies, and suggests COP has a cardioprotective effect.
Ahemmmmm.... COP has zero data on it for oral supplementation for sports performance. That heart stuff was with Injections, see:

Effects of creatinol O-phosphate on serum enzymes in acute myocardial infarction - 1979

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/575498

Two groups of 23 patients, each with acute myocardial infarction, were treated. The first group (control) received glucose-insuline-K+ (GIK) over a 3-day period, and the second GIK and N-methyl-N-(beta-hydroxyethyl) guanidine O-phosphate (creatinol O-phosphate, COP) (3.06 g I.V./24h)

Examine:

Additionally, all research appears to be a few decades old and has since just ceased for unknown reasons; a weird thing for such a promising compound (unless another cardioprotective agent was deemed safer and more effective, making injections of COP for clinical usage not needed to be researched anymore).

I'm enjoying Conquer Unleashed, as I got sick of measuring out scoops from 12 different bulk bags... but take out the COP and charge less :D

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ahemmmmm.... COP has zero data on it for oral supplementation for sports performance. That heart stuff was with Injections, see:

Effects of creatinol O-phosphate on serum enzymes in acute myocardial infarction - 1979

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/575498

Examine:

I'm enjoying Conquer Unleashed, as I got sick of measuring out scoops from 12 different bulk bags... but take out the COP and charge less :D
Ah. Thank you for pointing that out. I would agree with you that this particular study is not the best example of COP's effectiveness and, by itself, is not sufficient evidence to label COP as a "proven" ingredient.

I would add that there are actual studies on COP as it relates to athletic performance via oral supplementation. The caveat is that they're in Italian, and not very recent. From what I've gleaned, they do show, however, that oral COP is bio-available, and does elicit a beneficial effect on muscle contractility even in the presence of increased lactic acid levels.

Maggi GC, Triulzi M. Farmacocinetica Del Creatinolo O Fosfato Nell'Uomo. Archivio di medicina interna. 1980 31 (11): 297-304.

Gaggino R, C Delfino, Menichetti G, G Odaglia, Metabolic aspects of anaerobic Lactaid maximum sport performances. Effect of treatment wit Creatinol O-phosphates. Medicina dello sport. 1984 37: 85-92.

De Gasperi R, V Giusti, Rapelli S, Matriadonna C. Influenza del creatinolo o-fosfato sulla contrazione muscolare aspettin biochimica. Archivio Medicina interna. 1981 3: 351-358.
The data was promising enough that Patrick Arnold put out a COP supplement:
http://patrickarnoldblog.com/the-weak-muscle-panacea/

Now, I'm still not asserting that COP is worthy of being called "proven", but I also wouldn't go solely by examine.com's assessment; it would appear it may have some promise. I would have to try it by itself for the 7 days it apparently requires to start working to form my own subjective opinion, but I would nevertheless stand by Conqu3r Unleashed Stim Free as having some of, if not the most, "proven" ingredients in a non-stim pre-workout supplement. Glad to hear you're enjoying it!:biggthumpup:

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Ah. Thank you for pointing that out. I would agree with you that this particular study is not the best example of COP's effectiveness and, by itself, is not sufficient evidence to label COP as a "proven" ingredient.

I would add that there are actual studies on COP as it relates to athletic performance via oral supplementation. The caveat is that they're in Italian, and not very recent.
Yeah, it's the same old same-o - the 3 untranslated Italian study titles from the 80's that I still can't find (got a link to even the Italian full version?), and a 2011 post by PA, which, to me, reads like "Nobody really uses the oral Rx version, but hey, it's cheap, try it - my version won't make you crap yourself" :D You'd think if it really did anything, you'd see something out of Russia or China or Us. And to be honest, I check PN's website from time to time - and as far back as I can remember, his COP is always "Out of Stock" - which makes me think no one buys it. But thanks for digging that stuff up hoss.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
View attachment 139124

So agree.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
even if pump products give zero benefits.....get the pump in the gym, it feels amazing and then look in the mirror when your nice and round.....that mental edge by itself might be worth, maybe it's just me but if i'm working shoulders and they look full and round then it really motivates me to push harder and harder in the gym....again just something mental but sometimes thats all we need to put us over the edge for a killer workout

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 11
Supplements 19
no reason Supplements 13
no reason Supplements 0
Supplements 13