New to the forum and looking for supplement advice....

nyemt718

nyemt718

Awards
Ok so here's the deal I'm 25 years old 210 and 5'8. Used to be 260 pounds but now i just have this gut and my chest to take care of. I was told to take havoc, but I'm not looking to put on weight I wanna lean out, anyone have suggestions for me? It would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok so here's the deal I'm 25 years old 210 and 5'8. Used to be 260 pounds but now i just have this gut and my chest to take care of. I was told to take havoc, but I'm not looking to put on weight I wanna lean out, anyone have suggestions for me? It would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!
Dermacrine, alphamine, dcp

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Havoc is a prohormone so you don't want to start with that. Do you have any supplement experience?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Bf%? training history?

nyemt718

nyemt718

Awards
took alphamine for 2 days I was ****ting liquid, gotta pass on that right now I am taking DCP 2.0 Vanillean and Isa-Test, lost a few pounds

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
took alphamine for 2 days I was ****ting liquid, gotta pass on that right now I am taking DCP 2.0 Vanillean and Isa-Test, lost a few pounds
DCP/Vanillean is a great stack for leaning out and I can't imagine you really need too much more to have noticeable physique changes if your diet is good.

nyemt718

nyemt718

Awards
DCP/Vanillean is a great stack for leaning out and I can't imagine you really need too much more to have noticeable physique changes if your diet is good.
It's really good, but I feel like I should have more lean muscle thats why I'm asking about havoc.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's really good, but I feel like I should have more lean muscle thats why I'm asking about havoc.
Your best bet would be to lower your bf first and then focus on building the muscle after IMO.

nyemt718

nyemt718

Awards
Your best bet would be to lower your bf first and then focus on building the muscle after IMO.
you have a good point there I"m on my 2nd cycle of dcp/vanillean its great but my diet hasnt been I'm going to wait a month start it again.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What is your diet like?
What is your training like?
What is your cardio like?

Supplements wont do anything if your diet is not in check or accurate.

Post up your macros/diet first and foremost with your training.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is your diet like? What is your training like? What is your cardio like? Supplements wont do anything if your diet is not in check or accurate. Post up your macros/diet first and foremost with your training.
Look about 5 posts back. He posted about the questions you asked already.

nyemt718

nyemt718

Awards
What is your diet like?
What is your training like?
What is your cardio like?

Supplements wont do anything if your diet is not in check or accurate.

Post up your macros/diet first and foremost with your training.
I do high intensity cardio every day before I lift for 25 mins, my diet is so so. I train a different body part every day and play hockey once per week for 2 hours.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Look about 5 posts back. He posted about the questions you asked already.
Ive been going to the gym for 3 years, lifting, cardio 5 days a week and I play hockey one day a week

That does not tell me much about his routine (training wise)
Doing cardio 5x a week does not really implement HIIT/LISS etc...
This says 0 about his diet.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed with Jim that you should focus on losing more body fat rather than worry about building lean muscle as of now.

Seems like you have the training and cardio part down and hopefully the diet.

nyemt718

nyemt718

Awards
Agreed with Jim that you should focus on losing more body fat rather than worry about building lean muscle as of now.

Seems like you have the training and cardio part down and hopefully the diet.
My diet is kinda sucky because I'm on an ambulance, I need to start making my own meals and bringing them to work.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I do high intensity cardio every day before I lift for 25 mins, my diet is so so. I train a different body part every day and play hockey once per week for 2 hours.
There is your problem your diet is (So-So)

Why do you feel the need to do HIIT so often? do you think that doing it PRIOR to your workout will negate some of your energy and optimal performance from lifting? it may be a reason why your workouts may start to suffer/lack if you want to continue to cut weight.

What does an outline of your workout look like?

How many calories are your consuming? Break down of your macros?

I suggest you sign up to MyFitnessPal and track your calories and macros.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/exercise-and-weightfat-loss-part-1.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/exercise-and-weightfat-loss-part-2.html

I highly suggest you read here regarding your diet:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-fundamentals-of-fat-loss-diets-part-1.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-fundamentals-of-fat-loss-diets-part-2.html

These should help you, Your diet is the #1 reason for your fatloss, adding in supplements when your caloric intake does not suit your goal wont merit much results.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My diet is kinda sucky because I'm on an ambulance, I need to start making my own meals and bringing them to work.
I understand what you mean. Prepping meals can be difficult and not be very fun, but it is well worth it and will lead to greater results.

Many people like to do IF (intermittent fasting) type diets (which for your situation and lifestyle, may help). I do not like this type of diet but some do seem to enjoy it.

Carb cycling is another diet you could try.

nyemt718

nyemt718

Awards
I understand what you mean. Prepping meals can be difficult and not be very fun, but it is well worth it and will lead to greater results.

Many people like to do IF (intermittent fasting) type diets (which for your situation and lifestyle, may help). I do not like this type of diet but some do seem to enjoy it.

Carb cycling is another diet you could try.
IF actually sounds really good, but don't I have to worry about losing muscle if I dont eat?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IF actually sounds really good, but don't I have to worry about losing muscle if I dont eat?
Your body isn't going to go catabolic in a 24 hour period. BCAAs are usually ingested when following the IF style.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
nyemt718

nyemt718

Awards
that Phenadrol has Cascara Sagrada thats for bowel movements might have to pass on that haha

Warthog13

Awards
I recommend using an ECA if you can tolerate it. I know everybody is different but this works very well for me.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
well I guess i have work to do
this is the reality...
turning to a steroid for help to mask your deficiencies is not a fix, and will only be a waste

I wouldn't get caught up in the whole IF deal..simply learn to make better dietary choices
it is really not hard to pack proper nutrition and keep with you in a cooler....no need to think you have to implement things such as IF, which is really quite silly imo

if you want to try it, well go for it, but it is not a prerequisite to accomplish what you want to

educate yourself further on nutrition, and realize that mastering this aspect will give you results you desire, and more

welcome to the forum

nyemt718

nyemt718

Awards
this is the reality...
turning to a steroid for help to mask your deficiencies is not a fix, and will only be a waste

I wouldn't get caught up in the whole IF deal..simply learn to make better dietary choices
it is really not hard to pack proper nutrition and keep with you in a cooler....no need to think you have to implement things such as IF, which is really quite silly imo

if you want to try it, well go for it, but it is not a prerequisite to accomplish what you want to

educate yourself further on nutrition, and realize that mastering this aspect will give you results you desire, and more

welcome to the forum
thanks man.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks man.
You a medic or basic? I worked on the ambulance for about 5 years before eventually joining the military and getting my job at my fire station. What's the point in my ego stroking? The fact that I've been there. I don't know what your EMS lounges are like out there but a lot of it comes down to food choices man. I worked in Colorado before relocating to AZ. In the EMS lounges are ****ty choices and decent choices.

Like these guys are saying download a calorie tracker and start entering what you're eating. Not only will this give you a little insight into what you're eating but it will also hold you accountable.

Preparing ahead of time and making good choices is harder than grabbing the ****ty food and getting back out there for sure but you know better. Turn that **** around or you'll end up like all the people we transport and have taken care of for years. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up man. Good luck

nyemt718

nyemt718

Awards
You a medic or basic? I worked on the ambulance for about 5 years before eventually joining the military and getting my job at my fire station. What's the point in my ego stroking? The fact that I've been there. I don't know what your EMS lounges are like out there but a lot of it comes down to food choices man. I worked in Colorado before relocating to AZ. In the EMS lounges are ****ty choices and decent choices.

Like these guys are saying download a calorie tracker and start entering what you're eating. Not only will this give you a little insight into what you're eating but it will also hold you accountable.

Preparing ahead of time and making good choices is harder than grabbing the ****ty food and getting back out there for sure but you know better. Turn that **** around or you'll end up like all the people we transport and have taken care of for years. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up man. Good luck
EMT-B, we dont have lounges we have a little room in the hospitals haha we are to busy to lounge brother we do 1.2 million jobs a year! Starting tomorrow its
diet time need to lose 20 pounds!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EMT-B, we dont have lounges we have a little room in the hospitals haha we are to busy to lounge brother we do 1.2 million jobs a year! Starting tomorrow its
diet time need to lose 20 pounds!
Most of ours are little rooms as well lol they just call them lounges ;)

Good luck man!