New set of Labs

akiravp82

Awards
So got some bloodwork done, i know i need alot more stuff done but all i got is this for now, can someone please help me interpret these tests and somewhat have an idea of whats going on with me? thanks.

Testosterone, Serum 424 ng/dL 280-800

Free Testosterone(Direct) 19.1 pg/mL 9.3-26.5

Estradiol 12.0 pg/mL 7.6-42.6

Cortisol AM 35.3 ug/dL 2.3-19.4

DHEA-Sulfate 716.3 ug/dL 211.0-492.0

T4 Total 8.3 ug/dL 4.5-12.0

T3 Free 4.5 pg/mL 2.0-4.4

TSH 4.610 uIU/mL 0.450-4.500

Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy 15.9 ng/mL 32.0-100.0

punxweb

Awards
Test looks mid range, not great, not terrible

Free test, is better to calculate, but depending on the method used, is not bad.

E2 looks low, which is a good thing.

Cortisol is screwed up majorly! You need to do a 4 part saliva test. You may have adrenal fatigue. DHEA is too damn high also. Both have to do with having messed up adrenal glands. Needs more investigating.

T3 & T4 are not bad, TSH is a little high. May have to do with your low Vit D.

Start supplementing immediately with 10,000IU Vit D every day. May even go up to 15,000 IU's. Get retested in a month after supplementing properly.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Looks like adrenals are working hard for some reason with both cortisol and DHEA being high. Possibly need to address stress issues.

For now, try to protect the body against the high levels of cortisol by taking 100mg 3x day of phosphytidalserine, and also 500-1000mg of a good time-released vitamin C containing bioflavonoids.

Over time, elevated cortisol can cause insulin resistance leading to Type II diabetes.

Get metabolic-comprehensive and a1c blood tests to see if you're headed in this direction.

akiravp82

Awards
isnt there some kind of drug out there for adrenals that make to much cortisol? i was reading up on the web and i read several places that alot of people whoes adrenals make to much cortisol they end up surgical removing both adrenals! this scared the **** outa me, anyone have more input on this?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
So got some bloodwork done, i know i need alot more stuff done but all i got is this for now, can someone please help me interpret these tests and somewhat have an idea of whats going on with me? thanks.

Testosterone, Serum 424 ng/dL 280-800

Free Testosterone(Direct) 19.1 pg/mL 9.3-26.5

Estradiol 12.0 pg/mL 7.6-42.6

Cortisol AM 35.3 ug/dL 2.3-19.4

DHEA-Sulfate 716.3 ug/dL 211.0-492.0

T4 Total 8.3 ug/dL 4.5-12.0

T3 Free 4.5 pg/mL 2.0-4.4

TSH 4.610 uIU/mL 0.450-4.500

Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy 15.9 ng/mL 32.0-100.0
Get pituitary MRI

///////

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
I think you're jumping the gun a bit with drugs and surgery. lol

Best to start with phosphytidalserine and vitamin C, and managing stress first.

isnt there some kind of drug out there for adrenals that make to much cortisol? i was reading up on the web and i read several places that alot of people whoes adrenals make to much cortisol they end up surgical removing both adrenals! this scared the **** outa me, anyone have more input on this?

akiravp82

Awards
jansz my pituitary and adrenals have already been analyzed there fine, philec will that combo really significantly bring down my cortisol?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
If your adrenals were fine, you would not have those cortisol numbers. Do not trust a doctor that told you that is normal. It is probably from stress, or lack of sleep. After a while your cortisol will decline and be below normal. Thats when the fun starts, better to address it now.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
It may not if you don't address stress issues, however, it still may help to lessen the effects of the high cortisol until the stress is under control.

jansz my pituitary and adrenals have already been analyzed there fine, philec will that combo really significantly bring down my cortisol?