New search results.....

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
When I use this new search functions, Im getting results in "google" search fashion. Like they display results the way google would as how spiders would crawl the page So if Diesel test is in the title or appear often in the first paragraph that result shows up first.

Can I make this "new" search function show me just most recent post by a certain word, not "google" like results.?

I searched "DIESEL TEST Hardcore" and got a bunch of stuff from like 2007.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
How do we perform title searches or searches in particular sections?

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I don't think u can do that because these google searches list results by how the search term appears in the title and how many times the search term appears in the first few lines. its a "meta" seach. I think it sucks for a forum when ur looking for stuff in certain sections and certain dates.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I don't think u can do that because these google searches list results by how the search term appears in the title and how many times the search term appears in the first few lines. its a "meta" seach. I think it sucks for a forum when ur looking for stuff in certain sections and certain dates.

If it were that easy, I would keyword stuff everything :lol:

That was true say in 1999-2000.

There are a many different queries you can run with Google. Its 100x times more powerful than a vbulletin search.

Here is a query cheat sheet:

http://www.googleguide.com/advanced_operators_reference.html

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established