New Frosted Chocolate Cupcake Select Protein Reviews!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
REVIEW COMPILATION FOR PESCIENCE SELECT FROSTED CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE​

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1467388171.532534.jpg

The New Frosted Chocolate Cupcake is amazing! They nailed it. It's not your typical chocolate flavor. It's super impressive.
-
Honestly, it legitimately tastes like you took a bite from the side, half icing/half cupcake. It's a perfect blend with the best of both worlds. Conceptually, it's impressive that both sides of the title - "frosted" and "cupcake" can be tasted. I mixed mine with milk and it really made the flavor pop - it's not bitter, but it's not bland. It's smooth and what you think a frosted chocolate cupcake should taste like
Got mine this morning. All I can say is that this taste exactly like a chocolate cupcake without any too sweet aftertaste. This might (might) be my new top flavor! Amazing job PES.
I am almost speechless on how good this tastes.. And smells. Just wow honestly lol
Got my fcc yesterday. Protein and oats were good. Shake with water.... Wow, just wow!
I should have order six more...
And the macros on this are excellent. This is up there with pbc but with better macros... Im very pleased.
Mine came in yesterday, and I was very pleased with the flavor. As you crack the seal on the tub it smells like you just walked into a homemade cupcake shop haha. Flavoring is delicious. PES has their Select flavoring on lock
"This seriously isn't fair anymore. You guys are gonna single handedly make me bankrupt. CC is noooo joke. Compared to Milk Chocolate, it's a whole new world. Mixed 1 scoop with 1.5 cup almond milk. Consistency and mixability was perfect, with no clumps at all. The chocolate flavor was far from overwhelming and just right. Could definitely notice the frosting and batter taste that other people mentioned. I seriously can't decide anymore which is my favorite. I think I will always have every flavor in my cabinet."
"I've had four shakes today. For reviewing purposes of course.
My opinion is CC competes with snickerdoodle for best flavor ever. Yea, it's that good. It taste exactly like a Frosted Chocolate Cupcake. I can taste the frosting and the chocolate cake in perfect harmony. And this flavor WILL NOT disappoint when mixed in water. The casein gives it a thickness and texture that leaves you wanting more. So make sure you have enough.

Over all PES hit a home run with this flavor. You must try it when it becomes available at bb.com. I predict it'll come very close to snickerdoodle on the rating system. Thanks for reading."
I just had two scoops of FCC Select mixed with 16oz of water. It is legit!!
I get more of German chocolate cake vibe versus a frosted cupcake.
I can't compare it to milk chocolate Select since I've never had it. I can say that FCC is in the top five chocolate flavored powders I've had. I can only imagine how ridiculous it is in milk or almond milk.
Good job PES!

PES Frosted Chocolate Cupcake Review

Taste

Frosted Chocolate Cupcake
PES took what was a middle of the road chocolate flavor and improved it. A company that prides itself on taking consumer feedback and creating what the fans want. The chocolate is much richer, denser, and full of milk chocolate flavor. You get a sense of a 70% milk chocolate and 30% dark chocolate aftertaste. The combination of the chocolate flavors really helps enhance the overall flavoring of the base flavor. Then you get the luscious aftertaste of buttercream chocolate. Hence the name “Frosted” chocolate cupcake. Think about going to a bakery and getting a delicious cupcake. Not only do you get the great cupcake base but also the delicious frosting flavor combined together. For those who are chocolate fans you will be very happy with the upgraded flavor if you decide to pick it up. Take two elements that compliment each other and PES delivers it in a protein powder.

Mixability

For those who have had PES Select they know it mixes with ease. Even as a blend the protein powder has no problems or leaves no clumps. I prefer the thicker protein shakes or protein pudding. I found that Frosted Chocolate Cupcake is like Chocolate Peanut Butter cup, does not mix as thick as some of the other flavors (SD, CnC, Vanilla). Nonetheless thicker than generic whey protein powders which is an added bonus.

The Shake I made below was 6oz of cashew milk, 1.5 Scoops Select Frosted Chocolate Cupcake and 7 ice cubes.

Formula

1.5g Fat
1g Carb
24g Protein

A very macro friendly protein powder. With the price point it makes it easy to fit in on a daily basis compared to others who may exceed 150-180 kcals per serving. The blend of protein included in Select combine to form a thicker protein powder. For those who like a much thicker protein powder this is right up your alley. I personally enjoy it because I make a lot of protein pudding and enjoy baking. Both which come out perfectly with 0 issues. I wish more companies would create blends that match their label 100% even when tested by stack3d came back above what the label claims.

Cost

Can’t beat 20$ a tub on the insider deal. Other retailers have the 55 Serving around 1$/lb and the 2lb tub around 30$. So if you missed out on the insider at the special price I feel bad for you. A very cost effective and tasty protein. PES is one of the most cost effective options on the market. Makes it very good for an everyday use protein. Not to mention it's a blend so it does mix thicker for those who enjoy thick protein pudding or protein shakes, and it bakes flawlessly.

Just got my FCC from fedex and didn't wait to put a scoop into about 6 oz. of Fairlife Skim Milk (all I had left). It's good. It's very good for a basic flavor. I almost tasted a hint of coconut or something, but I sometimes have weird taste issues and this is probably either the mix with the fairlife skim or the frosting that my brain was misinterpreting. Anyway, it's really good and I'm glad I got 2 - 55 serving tubs. Select has the best texture of any protein I've tried. I'd say this is similar to Isomorph Schmores with a thicker texture. Schmores gets great reviews as one of Isomorph's most impressive flavors. This stuff has a slight edge.
Sipping my first FCC shake right now mixed with 4 oz unsweetened vanilla Almond milk and 4 ice cubes and it is fantastic. Probably my second favorite select flavor after wcm and right up there with blondie. Light years ahead of the milk chocolate. Will probably have my first vanilla tomorrow so excited for that.

FCC tastes straight up like a cupcake batter to me though, very sweet but still rich

Social Media Reviews:

best flavor by far
Best Day Ever!
Came home to my new Frosted Chocolate Cupcake.
Holy deliciousness, lemme say I'm glad I got the 55 servings
This protein literally tastes like there is cupcakes in my shaker!
This is my new favorite flavor!!! Great job on the formula.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Reserved.

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got mine yesterday from FedEx but will take awhile till I open the tub and try it however I'll post some feedback once I do.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Looking forward to it sir!

Definitely drop your thoughts off in here after, hope you love it

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mine should be here today. Great timing. Originally scheduled for tomorrow but I'm leaving so I'd have missed it

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Mine arrived but I'm headed out of town

I will grab it late tonight and share my thoughts by tomorrow

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Kitchen smells great today,

I wonder why...

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took a big risk and ordered my fcc while I was gone for 10 days.. Luckily it was sitting on my porch after being delivered on Tuesday. Win.

As for the flavor in water: AMAZING. I can't believe how well this flavor was nailed guys. PES you killed it. Very buttercream like flavor with a chocolate cake batter forefront with a buttery hint. The picture on the front is an exact match as to what I taste. Definitely in my number one chocolate spot of all time, and top 3 proteins of all time.

Went ahead and hit some baking with it today as well:

Protein doughnuts:

PES select vanilla creme doughnuts and frosted cupcake frosting

View attachment 137512

View attachment 137513
And another review and win for FCC.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
so guys I would like to give you me 2 cents about FCC.

MIXABILITY *****

I have found this to be more fine than others, for example, if you want to have like a protein pudding, you gotta make sure you use LESS water than what you use with others like SD/PBCC/CnC, overall great and smooth enough

TASTE ***

don't get me wrong, the taste is GREAT even comparing with others chocolate based proteins and this is a GREAT improvement to the old flavour Milk Chocolate but this is not "that frosted" lol I am not a fun of chocolate tastes in proteins so maybe it is just me but I can smell the frosting but not as much as I can taste it, honestly I have to "pay attention" to "find" the frosting taste and I was expecting this to be SPIKING up cause I didn't want just another chocolate protein..... said that, this is very good

MACRO PROFILE ****

GREAT guys, the macros for a scoop are very good, just 1g carbs of which sugars <0.5, fats too are not to bed considering we still have casein in here ;) well done, good profile for a flavour like this.

OVERALL ****

PES did it right again, this is a great improvement on the Milk Chocolate one, and a good addition to the family, nothing extraordinary if you expect the frosting to be "there", you can just smell it sometime and not taste it but the macros are good and the mixability is great as all of the others flavours.
Still prefer the old flavours tho, C&C/SD/PBCC are still on the top list for me.

Will you buy it again once available in the UK?
I am afraid no, I would buy them again ONLY if my favourites are not available, for example I would still prefer Blondie, maybe just if I have to choose between Milk Chocolate and FCC I would go for FCC.

hope you do something like Pistachio in the future :p hahahah

sareea

Awards
I take everything with water, I love to taste things as naturally made ...
FCC takes place for me as the best chocolate flavor. You enjoy every sip !
It mixes great ! even with 100 ml of water.
It smells like a cake, tastes like delicious chocolate.

These are my opinions on all of PES flavors:
I tend to love Vanilla the best.
But FCC stands to be best next to vanilla. I won't hesitate buying again
Snickerdoodle: I appreciate it, but not wow as Vanilla. I am a cinnamon lover, If vanilla was 10/10, SD would be 9.5/10 .
CPBC: It is tasty, Reezes in its powder form... I can't describe it better.

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I cracked my tub ordered back in June about 2 weeks ago.

Impressed with how it smelled so that made me really look forward to trying it. I always drink my protein with water as with milk it gets too heavy on my stomach.

So apart from the smell, the taste is also good. At one scoop with 250ml water I find it to be "watery" so I'm adding another half and the consistency is much better for me, not too thick and not too watery. Taste is stronger and more sweet, a fellow poster mentioned before it's buttery which is also true.

Currently I'm taking 1 and a half scoops twice per day so I'm really running low at the moment.

Price wise (when I purchased it) for 55 servings was very good and I would buy again if there was another insider or similar sale and this is due to FedEx charging stupid handling fees so I have to take into consideration this as well.

If more EU sites have the Select protein in a reasonable price then I will be buying again. With that said there are a couple of sites but have most flavors out of stock since forever and only "Blondie" is available.

Anyway, bottom line is I like it

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cracked my tub ordered back in June about 2 weeks ago.

Impressed with how it smelled so that made me really look forward to trying it. I always drink my protein with water as with milk it gets too heavy on my stomach.

So apart from the smell, the taste is also good. At one scoop with 250ml water I find it to be "watery" so I'm adding another half and the consistency is much better for me, not too thick and not too watery. Taste is stronger and more sweet, a fellow poster mentioned before it's buttery which is also true.

Currently I'm taking 1 and a half scoops twice per day so I'm really running low at the moment.

Price wise (when I purchased it) for 55 servings was very good and I would buy again if there was another insider or similar sale and this is due to FedEx charging stupid handling fees so I have to take into consideration this as well.

If more EU sites have the Select protein in a reasonable price then I will be buying again. With that said there are a couple of sites but have most flavors out of stock since forever and only "Blondie" is available.

Anyway, bottom line is I like it
Just stumbled upon this great review. I as well like to have a little less liquid and more powder with this flavor. It gives it such a delightful texture and hint of the cupcake taste. Glad you enjoyed and hope you have some luck finding select over there! :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took down two scoops post workout today. Didn't need my typical yogurt after my meal because it cured my sweet tooth for the night. Love this stuff!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Took down two scoops post workout today. Didn't need my typical yogurt after my meal because it cured my sweet tooth for the night. Love this stuff!
In water?

I can't pin where I like FCC best

enraged_chris

Awards
Have tried it in a few different shakes. Def sweeter than the old chocolate but I don't think that's a bad thing. Lots of people at my local supp store are loving it too. Can't wait to see future flavors.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
when I received these for the first time I wasn't impressed..... but NOW, I am, FCC are really gnummylicious :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In water?

I can't pin where I like FCC best
I almost ever only use milk for my shakes unless I screw up and forget I ran out. Just love the taste of Select in milk. It is good in water as well but just missing that kick for me.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have tried it in a few different shakes. Def sweeter than the old chocolate but I don't think that's a bad thing. Lots of people at my local supp store are loving it too. Can't wait to see future flavors.
Agree, sweeter but not in a bad way at all. Great to alternate the two, can really notice the difference in flavor but also keeps it fresh for me so you don't get used to each.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Snicker doodle is amazing but after having the chocolate I'm afraid to spend any money on a pes chocolate again.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Snicker doodle is amazing but after having the chocolate I'm afraid to spend any money on a pes chocolate again.
Make sure you give PBC a go. If you try that and don't like it then we will all be able to verify you have no taste. Lol :D

enraged_chris

Awards
The vanilla is hands down the best vanilla I have tried. I'm a big vanilla fan (I know, how boring) but they nail it. Nothing even comes close. The real vanilla bean is a game changer, imo.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PES rocks! I love the snicker doodle and vanilla!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The vanilla is hands down the best vanilla I have tried. I'm a big vanilla fan (I know, how boring) but they nail it. Nothing even comes close. The real vanilla bean is a game changer, imo.
Oh man. You just made me realize it's been a while since I had gourmet vanilla. Wishing I hadn't already place my order now!
PES rocks! I love the snicker doodle and vanilla!
Thanks for the support. We try bro! :)