BFF is legit 💪

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My fb review for the new Cinna-Doodle crunch 80/20 protein

Woke up before the birds today. Received my shipment yesterday from @BUILDFASTFORM that @The Solution hooked me up with a crazy deal on some new additions to the build fast line. Ordered on Monday so a 2 day turnaround with free shipping is unheard of, especially right now.

Included in my order were the two new flavors of their 80/20 protein line. PB Chocolate & the flavor I opened today, Cinna-Doodle Crunch. So thought I’d do a review.
Gonna try to make this review short, but most likely it’ll be long, that’s just me.

Anyhow, the 80/20 stands for 80% micellar casein/20% Whey. Basically casein is a slow moving protein and whey is a faster protein. Combined you get a nice mix of slow & fast protein synthesis which works on you for 6 hours. In layman’s terms this is a good mix, especially for muscle building.

25 servings per bag. This is the quality of a 40$ protein normally sold for 29$. But with the Bob15 code I got it for just under 1$ a serving which is a phenomenal value for a top tier quality protein.

Mixed perfectly. No clumps or residue stuck to the bottom of the glass. It’s a very smooth yet thicker shake, even with 16 oz water. That’s just my typical preference. Just a note, the less water the thickness and flavor increase.

Flavor is very good, even at 16 oz. you definitely get a nice subtle cinnamon, a la snickerdoodles. I didn’t really get the crunch part til I got to the end of the glass, which just means settling occurred, just means more crunch in future servings

Ok, now the elephant in the room. I obviously watch my calorie intake, and this flavor is only 100 calories per serving. Transparent label shows 23g protein which falls in line with the 20-25 range I look for. .5g fat and 2g carb which actually comes in at 104.5 calories, which is very close to the 100 listed so right in line with what’s listed.

Bottom line. Delicious quality protein at a value price.

My only negative is the bag itself. I’m not a protein in a bag guy, give me a tub. The bags ziplock never want to close for me, so I always have to use a clip after opening. But for me this is consistent with any bagged protein from any company. Scoop was at the top though so that’s a great plus for me.

Totally unrelated side note: the pumpkin spice cake donut with the angel cream mesh together extremely well flavor wise.

#protein #proteinshake #review #donuts #breakfastofchampions
IMG_8724.JPG

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quick 80:20 Review on new flavors.

Both flavors tested with 8 oz of 50/50 Almond milk & Water
*Cinn-A-Doodle Crunch: this mixes thick. It was almost like a milk shake. Think banana + milk shake thickness. Very natural and pleasant cinnamon flavor without the sweetness from a cereal. This is more along the lines of a snickerdoodle as previously reported. I absolutely loved this flavor and would rank it higher than the PBC below. I can't wait to try this in a yogurt sludge, oats and cream of wheat. Shake mixes standard white color. No mixing issues.

*Peanut Butter Chocolate: I would have honestly preferred more PB, but the flavor is still outstanding. 35/65% (PB/C) The PB taste is more of a taste you get from like powdered peanut butter. The chocolate is rich like their previous chocolate lava flavor. I want to try this in my oats. (oats + pb + a scoop) I have a feeling this will make the PB pop nicely! Overall the flavor is very nice and the after taste is even better. It just lingers like a rich dessert. :) No mixing issues.

Grab these at a discount while the sale is up! I think it ends Sunday. Use Bob15 for 24.64/bag! I went with this instead of some of the new products released this week.

View attachment 198005View attachment 198006

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sale extended to 9-30 — Wednesday
If you picked up anything and enjoyed it you can re-up while the price is right

B4325EA0-B0A7-4908-A184-EED763950A1E.jpeg

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So thought I’d chime in after opening the chocolate pb. I remember someone said it tasted more choc than pb. I actually got the exact opposite impression which is great imo bc almost all the choc pb, many very good btw, are higher chocolate than pb. Now here’s the weird thing. In 6 oz its 85/15 pb/choc taste but in 16oz it’s about 40/60 pb/choc taste almost like a pb2 flavored chocolate milk. I believe bob or someone mentioned pb2 in a review and imo that’s spot on. Personally love the taste of all the flavors and thought I’d share.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So thought I’d chime in after opening the chocolate pb. I remember someone said it tasted more choc than pb. I actually got the exact opposite impression which is great imo bc almost all the choc pb, many very good btw, are higher chocolate than pb. Now here’s the weird thing. In 6 oz its 85/15 pb/choc taste but in 16oz it’s about 40/60 pb/choc taste almost like a pb2 flavored chocolate milk. I believe bob or someone mentioned pb2 in a review and imo that’s spot on. Personally love the taste of all the flavors and thought I’d share.
16oz is a lot of liquid for 80:20
I bet 8-10oz you would get a 50/50 split
See if that works

have you tried making pudding with it and slowly adding water in a bowl or almond milk? I know @Rocket3015 loves it this way .

I make a pudding and top of count chocula and a banana and American dream almond butter

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
16oz is a lot of liquid for 80:20
I bet 8-10oz you would get a 50/50 split
See if that works

have you tried making pudding with it and slowly adding water in a bowl or almond milk? I know @Rocket3015 loves it this way .

I make a pudding and top of count chocula and a banana and American dream almond butter
I have not tried the pudding yet. Might try that