Need to lose serious weight!

tiara

Awards
Hi,

I wondered if someone would be able to advise me as to what the best breakdown would be of carbs, fat and protein each day to get best results in weight loss?

I'm 5ft,4 and weigh 11st,8lbs (73kg) and want to get down to around 9st, 6lbs.(60kg).

I've been reading as much as I can and just can't work out which is best.

For example one suggests my calories should breakdown like this:

55% carbs
30% fat
15% protein

Another suggests:

40% carbs
30% fats
30% protein

Which would be most effective? I was aiming to eat around 1200 cals a day.

I should mention as well I also have an underactive thyroid so am currently on medication for that.

I can't exercise at present due to a recent operation but should be able to incorporate that in a couple of weeks.

My main focus now is just nutrition.

There is just so much conflicting information out there I wondered if you guys could make it a little clearer for me!

Thanks in advance!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
look at www.robbwolf.com or www.marksdailyapple.com

if your inactive, maybe a shift metabolically to fat burning mode and fat utilisation is more appropriate due to sedentary lifestyle but as activity increases, up the carb ratio and drop the fat intake to meet energy needs.

if it was me and i was sedentary, i would havet 50%fats 40% protein 10%carbs
example of a meal plan:
breakfast:
2 whole eggs and some avacado

lunch:
150g chicken breast with a large green salad with a touch of coconut oil as dressing with apple cider vinegar and lemon

snack:
handful of nuts (raw and unsalted - macadamia/walnut/almonds???)

dinner:
100-150g wild caught salmon, grilled with a side of brocolli or fibrous veggies.

NO STARCH or SUGARS...try this for 30 days and see how you feel
any questions feel free to PM me.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi,

I wondered if someone would be able to advise me as to what the best breakdown would be of carbs, fat and protein each day to get best results in weight loss?

I'm 5ft,4 and weigh 11st,8lbs (73kg) and want to get down to around 9st, 6lbs.(60kg).

55% carbs
30% fat
15% protein

Another suggests:

40% carbs
30% fats
30% protein

I should mention as well I also have an underactive thyroid so am currently on medication for that.

I can't exercise at present due to a recent operation but should be able to incorporate that in a couple of weeks.

There is just so much conflicting information out there I wondered if you guys could make it a little clearer for me!

Thanks in advance!
Check out the Lean Gains thread in the Nutrition/Health section.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That was my next suggestion
Good post
Thanks I tried a similar version of the Lean Gains Diet, I was on The Warrior Diet, and i've gotta say the weight dropped very nicely.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I just stick with paleo + whey isolate.
Works good enough for me...only problem is nuts and my dependence on them to keep hunger satiated.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah i liked Paleo/Primal Blueprint as well. Almonds are king of the nuts for me. lol

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
True

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lean Gains seems easier to do on a longer term basis than the once a day feeding of the Warrior Diet. IMO

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Detox Cleanse

Hi,

55% carbs
30% fat
15% protein

Another suggests:

40% carbs
30% fats
30% protein

Thanks in advance!
Not sure if you have an unhealthy habits but when trying to lose weights sometimes toxins can have a pretty negative effect on your metabolic rate. I would suggest starting off with an herbal cleanse. This will remove the toxins and help your body get a fresh start to whatever weight loss program you choose to begin.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
They say 40/30/30 works.
I'm trying it now, it is a bit of a challenge for me at least to get the right ratio, so
I set my daily carb limits and fats and protein... I try to hit those #s and calories in VS. calories out....

Use my fitness pal to track everything you eat, u will be surprised at how everything ads up.

tiara

Awards
Ok so now I've been researching about what I should be doing I have come up with these figures that I think I should be eating:

1. BMR - 1862 (used an online bmr calculator) - 500 cal deficit = Total calories of 1362 a day to lose weight?

2. Macros
40% Carbs - 546 cals / 136g carbs daily
30% Protein - 408 cals / 102g protein daily
30% Fat - 408 cals / 45g fat daily

3. Supplements
Multivitamin
Green Tea Capsules
Flaxseed Oil Capsules
Cod Liver Oil Capsules
Q10 Coenzyme Capsule

Also thinking of the below, comments please:

Selenium?? - meant to boost thyroid function
Kelp?? - contains iodine - again supposedly helps with thyroid?
Fibre Supplements like Psyssilium Husks - I dont eat a lot of fibrous foods unfortunately!!

4. Food
I think at this point I need to tell you that I'm not a great eater, I hate all fish except cod and canned tuna, and I hate all green veg except cabbage ( I can force this down!). I do like salads but I'm not mega into them but will eat it if neccessary. Love most fruit and other veg. I eat all meat except lamb. I cant stand things like beans, lentils etc so I find a lot of diets hard to stick to because I end up hating the ingredients!! Lol!!

So with that in mind this is what sorts of things I'm thinking... feel free to comment and offer substitutes..

Breakfasty things:

Porridge Oats with skimmed milk, sweetener/honey and banana.
Scrambled eggs on Wholemeal toast (no butter).
Baked beans on Wholemeal toast
Shredded wheat with skimmed milk, sweetener
Grilled bacon (fat removed), mushrooms and tinned toms.
Protein shake (if pushed for time) with a piece of fruit i.e apple/banana.

Lunchy things:

Greek yoghurt, honey and fruit
Chicken breast with wholemeal pasta in a homemade tomato based sauce
Tuna Mayo Salad sandwich on wholemeal bread/warburton square wrap or pitta.

Dinnery things:

Chicken breast, carrots, new pots, tomato home made sauce
Steak, mushrooms, onions with extra light philly
Chicken marinated in tikka with salad or brown rice

I'm trying to avoid the processed food as much as possible but it will be diffuclt for me to cut it all out completely because my meals would be soooo bland!!

If i'm on the right lines with the food I will create a proper plan for a couple of weeks and stick to it...i'd rather you see a few of my suggestions now so that if Im way off the mark I havent wasted too much time creating a load of meal plans! Haha! I do intend to weigh everything out to ensure I stay as close to my BMR deficit as possible!!!

Please be honest with me that's why I'm here! If it's rubbish please let me know some alternatives! Thanks

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Most of those foods are Processed...
Think about eggs for brekky.
Chicken and salad for lunch
Tuna and greens with olive oil for dinner...
Simple

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
ditch the honey/sweetener's from the example you posted. also the the fruit, those will be an issue. I would only eat 1 piece with breakfast. this gives you the whole days to burn up those cals.

also as mentioned, you have to eat less processed foods. instead of the wholemeal toast with breakfast eat oatmeal. you could even cut up half a banana and toss it in for some flavor. than eat you eggs with it.

christine123

christine123

Banned
Awards
try drinking green smoothie, incorporate it with you diet plan

it is very effective for me :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
greensmoothierecipesforweightloss.com

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
try drinking green smoothie, incorporate it with you diet plan

it is very effective for me :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
greensmoothierecipesforweightloss.com
Stop spamming