Need something to replace electrolytes etc from heavy swea

MrOneEyedBoh

MrOneEyedBoh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So at work I drink my 1 gallon of water no problem. But here is the issue .. I'm sweating heavily and the water isn't replacing what's being sweat out or used up. I don't mind drinking Powerade but the less of that I can drink the better, for me at least. I just don't want the artificial sugar, dye etc all the time.

Is there a powder I can get to replace whatever I'm sweating out and using from working in the high heat? I've noticed I've been getting headaches later in the day, but about 15-30 mins after drinking a powerade, I feel way better

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What's your dieting looking like around training?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
So at work I drink my 1 gallon of water no problem. But here is the issue .. I'm sweating heavily and the water isn't replacing what's being sweat out or used up. I don't mind drinking Powerade but the less of that I can drink the better, for me at least. I just don't want the artificial sugar, dye etc all the time.

Is there a powder I can get to replace whatever I'm sweating out and using from working in the high heat? I've noticed I've been getting headaches later in the day, but about 15-30 mins after drinking a powerade, I feel way better
Add salt to water and eat a banana

C

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
coconut water and banana are definitely good choices like what jiigz and goodvibes have said.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As stated, coconut water, salt, and bananas or other high potassium foods. If you want a liquid, you can get Pedialyte or anything similar.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
KCl is about $8 for a container here, use it as a salt substitute on anything you're eating. Or just NaCl, whichever you think you are lacking.
If it is sodium hit up some hot sauce ;)

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just bought some Nuun electrolyte tablets for the same reason. But I need to drink 2 gallons at work to stay hydrated.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
coconut water is great...I currently use Compete during my workout because my gym is a sweat box, it's pretty easy to say I much prefer the flavor to coconut water

my guess is your working outside? bananas have been mentioned and could be your best friend for that type of work

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Athlytes.
Sugar-free powerade.
Food.
Pickle juice.

MrOneEyedBoh

MrOneEyedBoh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys. How many bananas do you recommend? I'm not a fruit eater but I'll try it.

What about the coconut water? Which brand is better?

B

Balaclava

Awards
Great thread...I had no idea coconut water was helpful in the electrolytes department.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. How many bananas do you recommend? I'm not a fruit eater but I'll try it.

What about the coconut water? Which brand is better?
Zico has a good profile not the "from concentrate" type.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I second coconut water..but watch the sugar content in some brands. V-8 is another staple for me in the desert...it has lots of salt and potassium. There are various supps that have an appropriate Na/K/Ca ratio like Athlytes or Tri-Salts. Pickle juice is a great pick me up..the vinegar helps to balance electro levels. Tortilla chips also help a little.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coconut water is gross. Just saying.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just bought some Nuun electrolyte tablets for the same reason. But I need to drink 2 gallons at work to stay hydrated.
I've been using these for about a week now and they seem to be working well as far as I can tell.