Need some Test Cyp advice

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Five months ago my VA Doc put me on a low dose of 2.5 Androgel (Patch)because she had some concerns about my PSA which varies between 4 and 8. Since I had had a Biopsy (negative), a genetic PSA3 test (negative), had free ie PSA-F of 25 which is great, she ran me on it for 5 months. Periodic PSA tests showed no increase in my 7.4 in fact it dropped again to a PSA of 6. She moved on and the new Doc sent me to a Urologist up in Gainesville. This morning he reviewed everything (my normal total Test has stayed around 170 to 180 for a decade) and put me on Test Cyp. I am supposed to use 200 mgs once a week and to inject with a 25 mg needle. The problem is I am not sure where to inject, when to inject, how to inject and whether I should get some smaller needles eg 28/29. I have used All-Natural Progesterone and various AIs for years so I am not too concerned about Estradiol increase. Can anybody help me or direct me to a reliable source of info. I am on this because of my low test, my ED and my depression from caring for my wife for years 24/7 until she died last month. I will turn 69 in two months but am in excellent shape and strong as a horse, so I guess the test will be a nice complement to my training as well. The other problems however are primary. Thanks!

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
inj 100mg 2x weekly. i do sat morning and tue evening so every 3.5 days. inj in the glutes. a 25g is fine but you may want to draw with a larger bore. to see inj sites look up i believe its spotinjections.com also dont forget to aspirate and inj slowly. you should prob ask your dr to do it once for you so you can see how everythng is done properly

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks ambulldog. I had read somewhere that injecting 2X a week was more level and avoided the peaks and valleys of 1X a week. I have 1 ML vials but the 25g needles are marked at .2, .3, .4, .5, .6 etc up to the 1ML. Should I just draw .5 ML from the vial and use a fresh needle 3.5 days later? Will it be clean enough if I wipe over the stopper with one of my alcohol pads? I've read that after drawing the Test out of the vial (upside down) I should aspirate the needle to get rid of any air bubbles. How do you do that?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
inj 100mg 2x weekly. i do sat morning and tue evening so every 3.5 days. inj in the glutes. a 25g is fine but you may want to draw with a larger bore. to see inj sites look up i believe its spotinjections.com also dont forget to aspirate and inj slowly. you should prob ask your dr to do it once for you so you can see how everythng is done properly
us 29 gauge in shoulder 2 times a week.
100 mgs 2 times a week is standard protocol for some lame anti aging clinics which causes more problems then what its worth by affecting other hormones. 69 years old 50-60 mgs a week 2 times a week is sufficient. YOu are not going to be superman or be professional bodybuilder so more is not better. The only thing you are doing is putting your health at greater risk. I have been working at HRT for over 6 years and have pretty much have it mastered. Biggest mistake i see people following cookie cutter methods with out having it personalized. I have so many guys that end up coming to us because they went to some clinic and still feel like crap despite proper levels. High T levels can drive thyroid down to the crowd as well as adrenals making you feel like crap..

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
100 mgs 2 times a week is standard protocol for some lame anti aging clinics which causes more problems then what its worth by affecting other hormones. 69 years old 50-60 mgs a week 2 times a week is sufficient. YOu are not going to be superman or be professional bodybuilder so more is not better. The only thing you are doing is putting your health at greater risk. I have been working at HRT for over 6 years and have pretty much have it mastered. Biggest mistake i see people following cookie cutter methods with out having it personalized. I have so many guys that end up coming to us because they went to some clinic and still feel like crap despite proper levels. High T levels can drive thyroid down to the crowd as well as adrenals making you feel like crap..
why would you quote what i said like i was saying something wrong. i was just answering his questions directly. its certainly not up to me how much test he uses

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Thanks ambulldog. I had read somewhere that injecting 2X a week was more level and avoided the peaks and valleys of 1X a week. I have 1 ML vials but the 25g needles are marked at .2, .3, .4, .5, .6 etc up to the 1ML. Should I just draw .5 ML from the vial and use a fresh needle 3.5 days later? Will it be clean enough if I wipe over the stopper with one of my alcohol pads? I've read that after drawing the Test out of the vial (upside down) I should aspirate the needle to get rid of any air bubbles. How do you do that?
yes always fresh needles. aspirating is referring to when you inject yourself, when the needle is in you pull back on the plunger ever so slightly to pull a little liquid/air to ascertain you are not in a vein and not pulling blood. again its ez to do but you should have your dr show you how to do it properly. please go to him at least once to be shown correctly

superone

Awards
  • Established

Do you also draw out the Test with a 29 guage? In your opinion, for you to increase T levels to that of an 18 year old, how much MG per week?

jpk

jpk

Awards
Dutch, you've been a great inspiration to me over the past few years. I'm really sorry to hear about the Mrs.