Need some diet help please.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First of all I'm 40, 5-10 168lb, about 12% BF. Been working out off and on since high school but the last 10 years it's been more like 3-5 times a week. I've tried to lift, run and eat somewhat health but I'm not really getting anywhere. Don't get me wrong I'm in much better shape and the mirror doesn't lie but it seems I'm at a point where I'm not getting any bigger and losing anymore BF. So I think I'm gonna have to start getting serious about my diet and doing a better job of keeping up with it but I don't know where to start. My goal would to be around 175-180 and 10% BF in a year from now. Question is what is the best way to there? What diet should I use? I'm lost when it comes to a specific diet cause all I've never kept up with it like you're supposed to. So could some of you link me some programs that you think I should look into? If you need to know anything else about me I'd be happy to answer. Thanks.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
You're probably gonna get a lot of mixed answers here, since we all find different things that work for each of us. It would be impossible for any of us to say "do exactly this and you will be at 175 and 10% bodyfat."

If I were you, I'd read the articles on Lyle's site that are relevant to what you want to do: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

There is a TON of good information there, and once you go through everything and educate yourself, you can start putting a diet together that fits what you need.

I know that's probably not the step by step answer you were hoping for, but hopefully it helps you get moving in the right direction.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You're probably gonna get a lot of mixed answers here, since we all find different things that work for each of us. It would be impossible for any of us to say "do exactly this and you will be at 175 and 10% bodyfat."

If I were you, I'd read the articles on Lyle's site that are relevant to what you want to do: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

There is a TON of good information there, and once you go through everything and educate yourself, you can start putting a diet together that fits what you need.

I know that's probably not the step by step answer you were hoping for, but hopefully it helps you get moving in the right direction.
No this is exactly what I was wanting. I didn't necessarily want someone to tell me what to do but point me in right direction so I can come up with a plan. Thanks.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
No this is exactly what I was wanting. I didn't necessarily want someone to tell me what to do but point me in right direction so I can come up with a plan. Thanks.
Perfect. Glad I was able to help then :)

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
These are the things I do when I am serious about burning fat and holding/gaining mass. You might prefer just 1 & 2.

1. ketogenic diet around 4 whole meals a day
2. carb up pre wo
3. 1iu insulin post wo with whey shake/creatine
4. cjc pre bed
5. testosterone + anavar

reaper5966

Awards
U can google him he will help u out go to his website
Davepalumbo.com