Need Diet Help

Ayers16

Awards
Hey guys so I’m going to be starting a cycle of Icon One & Dermacrine in about a month and just wanted to get some feedback on my diet, I want to stack on weight but still looking for muscle definition. Im 6’0” 194 lbs and my guess would be body fat somewhere in the 20 %’s. I have to eat every 3 hours or so or I get shakey and almost pass out (doctors say it’s not hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia or diabetes) but I don’t measure macros too close anymore, but wanted to get feedback how I could adjust my current intake to get the best results from my cycle. Below is my daily meals. They vary a bit so I can mix it up a little but always the same foods about the same amounts.

Thebigt suggested #the solution would have experience in this area so hoping he can give some input (not sure if I tagged him correctly).

I lift HEAVY 5-6 days a week and run maybe twice a week for a mile, I plan on upping my cardio to 3-4 days for a set time like an hour

Also worth noting I take muscle tech nitro tech protein and their micronized creatine. My vitamin game is on point too with multi, B and D

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You made this thread 8 times. When you start a thread you only need to hit the post button 1 time lol.

If you want to tag someone you gotta do it like this

@The Solution

The op requested your presence

Ayers16

Awards
Jeeze.. so sorry. I’m using mobile and kept getting errors? I’ll try to delete the others sorry guys. Here’s my diet

6Am- 6 whole eggs scrambled topped with cheddar cheese and maybe 2 oz. sour cream

8am- 8-10 oz. red meat(or)chicken, 1 cup rice

9:30am- (Optional) 2og Protein Bar as a snack

11am- ¼ a bag of spaghetti with red sauce –OR- pork loin (or)shoulder 6-8 oz. with rice (or) whole baked potato and maybe ¼ cup of broccoli (like 4-6 trees)

2pm- 8-10 oz. chicken w/ 1 cup rice

3:30pm- (Optional) 60g protein shake

5pm- dinner (wife’s pick) usually a white meat with greens or corn (or) pasta with sauce and a small side like cucumber slices from the garden

8-9pm- 60g protein shale after workout

*Daily water consumption 1-1 1/2 gallons.

Ayers16

Awards
Wow what a mess. Give the FNG keys to the city and he’ll f*ck sh*t up for sure..

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You get shakey and almost pass out? That sounds kinda serious. Are you sure messing with hormones is a good idea? Or, isn't a bad idea?

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You get shakey and almost pass out? That sounds kinda serious. Are you sure messing with hormones is a good idea? Or, isn't a bad idea?
i think he gets shakey...and talks crazy lol :p

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Jokes aside, I see a lot of optional and extra things In the diet. If you ate everything listed on one day and excluded all the maybe stuff the next day that's a huge difference in calories. I didn't notice if you mentioned your goals but at 20% bf and wanting to do more cardio I'm guessing your trying to cut fat. Calories seem too high and a unnecessary amount of protein.

I'm the same weight as you, I'm 3 inches shorter and about 12ish bf%. I lift 4-5 days a week and do 3 1 hour boxing sessions per week and do manual labor. I eat about the same amount of calories as you but only 200-220 protein and that's about maintenance for me.

I would cut the protein down a little, lower total calories too. You have a bunch of solid meals and a good outline of a diet but I think it's too much food if your trying to cut

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just cutting the protein to 6oz per meal and eliminating the optional shake at 3:30.

I've got friends that are juiced to the gills and 220+ lbs that don't eat as much protein as you except for when they dramatically cut there carbs, then they up protein

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hey guys so I’m going to be starting a cycle of Icon One & Dermacrine in about a month and just wanted to get some feedback on my diet, I want to stack on weight but still looking for muscle definition. Im 6’0” 194 lbs and my guess would be body fat somewhere in the 20 %’s. I have to eat every 3 hours or so or I get shakey and almost pass out (doctors say it’s not hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia or diabetes) but I don’t measure macros too close anymore, but wanted to get feedback how I could adjust my current intake to get the best results from my cycle. Below is my daily meals. They vary a bit so I can mix it up a little but always the same foods about the same amounts.

Thebigt suggested #the solution would have experience in this area so hoping he can give some input (not sure if I tagged him correctly).

I lift HEAVY 5-6 days a week and run maybe twice a week for a mile, I plan on upping my cardio to 3-4 days for a set time like an hour

Also worth noting I take muscle tech nitro tech protein and their micronized creatine. My vitamin game is on point too with multi, B and D
You want to run a cycle and stack on weight, but you are already 20% body fat. Personally, that is a big excessive to start and trying to push the pedal with food and calories. More than likely if your blood glucose or insulin sensitivity is not in a good spot this will only make it worse and cause more fat gain than muscle gain.

Also, you are trying to add size and muscle definition so you want to raise your cardio from twice a week for 1 mile up to 3-4 days for nearly an hour. So expanding more calories is counterproductive to your long-term goal.

My best advice to you is that when in the gaining phase cardio should be limited
your should start in a lean state so your body can utilize the nutrients/calories you are giving it.

This just sounds like a double negative waiting to happen. You can't just add drugs into the mix and expect to add a bunch of cardio and you will pack on good size and muscle definition. Cardio is a tool. It should be limited. The premise should be your diet and being in a good body fat percentage and in fine-tune with your blood markers and hormonal profile.

When is the last time you had bloodwork done? Is there anything off that may be impacted or elevated with your cycle? Hematocrit, WBC, RBC, Testosterone levels, Thyroid, Liver Enzymes, SHBG?

If I were in your shoes I would get down to 10-12% bodyfat, and then utilize your cycle and focus on raising your calories while limiting your cardio. The body grows best in a lean state. It would make your cycle much more effective, and you can spend some time dieting off excessive body fat while getting all your health markers in check before adding the extra supplements.

Many people overlook their longevity and don't get their body in an optimal state before they try and make a large push.

Reactions: Nac
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just cutting the protein to 6oz per meal and eliminating the optional shake at 3:30.

I've got friends that are juiced to the gills and 220+ lbs that don't eat as much protein as you except for when they dramatically cut there carbs, then they up protein
I'm not implying this is the case here, but I see it all the time on reddit, Instagram and fbook posts...the misconception that you need to increase Protein when on AAS, for more gainz. If protein intake is adequate off-cycle or on cruise/TRT, that same amount will be adequate when on. You'll arguably get better anabolic response increasing carbs when on-cycle/blast (assuming not cutting, as you pointed out).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm not implying this is the case here, but I see it all the time on reddit, Instagram and fbook posts...the misconception that you need to increase Protein when on AAS, for more gainz. If protein intake is adequate off-cycle or on cruise/TRT, that same amount will be adequate when on. You'll arguably get better anabolic response increasing carbs when on-cycle/blast (assuming not cutting, as you pointed out).
I've always found myself doing fine with 200gm a day regardless of my goal. I usually cut or increase the other macros to suite my needs

Reactions: Nac
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
But bulking at 20% is a terrible idea, how do I know? I've tried it. I got much stronger, and also much fatter.

Ayers16

Awards
Lot of jokers on here, which is why I was hesitant to try another forum, to those of you who gave honest thoughtful feedback, thank you. Back in about January/February I sought help for the shakiness and doctors exhausted all options, even the endo didn’t help, blood tests showed nothing abnormal, and blood sugar levels never detected low when I was in a sh*tty state and the shakiness set in. I came here seeking advice and I do appreciate the feedback. I’ll work on cutting back the daily protein intake and cutting fat before cycle, maybe even push it back a few months. I’m actually getting blood work done on Wednesday and will address the things you mentioned @TheSolution.

To all the jokers out there, I believe we all were created equal but some of us were destined to live in others’ shadows while THEY shine. I’m not the golden child, I don’t skate through life with ease.. I work. I work f*cking hard to achieve what comes to others naturally. I may have my physical struggles (you actually have no idea) but my mental state is in check and I treat others with respect.

Happy gains guys. I got what I needed here.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dude, getting a bit of ribbing is part and parcel of participating in a public forum populated mainly by guys. I don't think anyone intended anything genuinely malicious or nasty with their comments. And you did get some quality advice and opinion.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You want to run a cycle and stack on weight, but you are already 20% body fat. Personally, that is a big excessive to start and trying to push the pedal with food and calories. More than likely if your blood glucose or insulin sensitivity is not in a good spot this will only make it worse and cause more fat gain than muscle gain.

Also, you are trying to add size and muscle definition so you want to raise your cardio from twice a week for 1 mile up to 3-4 days for nearly an hour. So expanding more calories is counterproductive to your long-term goal.
This

I mentioned the same thing, recently in his other thread…

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dude, getting a bit of ribbing is part and parcel of participating in a public forum populated mainly by guys. I don't think anyone intended anything genuinely malicious or nasty with their comments. And you did get some quality advice and opinion.
i genuinely have no clue wtf that one post even was? and he still didnt explain it? so theres that