Need opinions on treating Female low libido (see lab work)

Thisisdagron

Awards
Note: I wasn't 100% sure where to put this, please move if necessary mods.

Brief background: my wife is 30 years old, former competitive athlete but relatively inactive for a few years and has been having issues with extremely low libido for over a year now. Sex is painful (she says it feels like sandpaper rubbing her vaginal walls) and she sometimes bleeds so we rarely if ever actually have full intercourse. As well, her energy levels are always low. Since this is a huge burden for both of us and is essentially roadblocking starting a family, we've been pretty cooperative and communicative about what's going on to try to address it.

*Edit* she has past use of birth control and SSRI's prior to this issue, both of which have been known to sometimes make a mess of natural hormone levels after discontinuing

From my knowledge, it sounded like low testosterone as that is associated with thinning vaginal walls, reduced energy and libido, etc. so we had some blood work done. See below:

Testosterone,Free and Total Reference interval range
Testosterone, Serum: 39 ng/dL 8 - 86
Free Testosterone(Direct) 0.2 pg/mL 0.0 - 2.2

Thyroid Panel With TSH
TSH 2.690 uIU/mL 0.450 - 4.500 01
Thyroxine (T4) 7.2 ug/dL 4.5 - 12.0 01
T3 Uptake 30 % 24 - 39 01
Free Thyroxine Index 2.2 1.2 - 4.9

DHEA-Sulfate 439.9 High ug/dL 84.8 - 378.0 01

Estradiol 135.6 pg/mL Luteal phase 43.8 - 211.0
Progesterone 7.3 ng/mL Luteal phase 1.7 - 27.0

From what I can see given that she was in the luteal phase of her cycle, her test and estrogen are both close to half where they should be. In particular, free testosterone is close to zero, which may explain some of the symptoms. The perplexing thing was the DHEA-S levels; they were insanely high, yet the final converted hormone levels low, so it seems that she is having some sort of issue with converting the DHEA into Test and estrogen.

I'm looking for some insight and/or suggestions for where to take it from here. Most physicians have very little experience properly treating this type of situation so I'd like to go into this with a good idea of where to take it from here. I was thinking both low dose estrogen and testosterone creams or possibly even low dose stanozolol with estrogen cream would be proper. Her ratios of hormones seem normal it's just everything is very low, so adding a bit of both should theoretically alleviate the symptoms . However, if someone has some experience in this area and has a better idea (more bloodwork? Different treatment entirely?) I'm more than open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any advice and/or support and again, if this is in the wrong section I sincerely apologize!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
To be honest with you, this was me a few years ago when I was overweight. Sex was painful and my ex and I would only have sex once every 6 months. I had gained 60 lbs in 3 months, and I was under a lot of stress. I also missed my period for 8 months. What really helped me was getting back in shape.

Thisisdagron

Awards
I'm open to any suggestions so thanks for the opinions so far. I definitely think some compound movements like squats, deads, etc would help but she's fairly lean as she was a lifetime figure skater and pretty much just does yoga/cardio, not really a lifter so it will be a struggle to convince her to get into even a little bit of BB style lifting.

The product looks interesting, my main concern would be additional DHEA; her DHEA-S levels were already fairly high, yet all her corresponding end product hormones that DHEA converts to were on the low end. Any concerns if it doesn't convert properly?

Thanks again for the suggestions so far.