NCAA Baseball

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Just wondering if there are any NCAA baseball fans out there??

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Well I figured you are, since you have the Canes past championships in your sig. How you think they're gonna do this year??

Ddono25

Awards
Boooo to the NCAA commitee. How could LSU be left out of the tourney this year? Jebus and how many teams UNDER .500 are in? Like 4? I'm not the biggest Louisiana fan by any means but c'mon! On a side note, anyone think Tim Lincecum of UWash has a chance to go #1? I think Andrew Miller is not quite what people were thinking.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Count Me in... :bruce3:

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Boooo to the NCAA commitee. How could LSU be left out of the tourney this year? Jebus and how many teams UNDER .500 are in? Like 4? I'm not the biggest Louisiana fan by any means but c'mon! On a side note, anyone think Tim Lincecum of UWash has a chance to go #1? I think Andrew Miller is not quite what people were thinking.
LSU was left out of the NCAA tourney cuz they were horrible. The other teams that got in because they won their conference tournament, just like in basketball. Those are the rules.

I dont think Lincecmum will be number 1, just for the simple fact that Miller is left handed.

Ddono25

Awards
LSU was left out of the NCAA tourney cuz they were horrible. The other teams that got in because they won their conference tournament, just like in basketball. Those are the rules.

I dont think Lincecmum will be number 1, just for the simple fact that Miller is left handed.
Are you serious? Since when is going 35-24 with one of the toughest schedules in the nation considered horrible? It's sometimes difficult to accept some teams who won their ridiculously weak conferences(Princeton with their .400 win percentage). Their pitching was bad, but the team won. It'd be like leaving Duke or UNC out of the basketball tourney because they finished second in the conf and their defense sucked. Oh well they still won 60% of their games against the best teams in the country.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Are you serious? Since when is going 35-24 with one of the toughest schedules in the nation considered horrible? It's sometimes difficult to accept some teams who won their ridiculously weak conferences(Princeton with their .400 win percentage). Their pitching was bad, but the team won. It'd be like leaving Duke or UNC out of the basketball tourney because they finished second in the conf and their defense sucked. Oh well they still won 60% of their games against the best teams in the country.
Their non-conference schedule was pretty weak. The only tough team they played was Houston and they won the series 2-1, so I'll give them that. And actually they didnt win 60% of their games against the best teams in the country. They finished 13-17 in the SEC, which is not 60%. Also you cant use the example of UNC or duke finishing 2nd in the conference, cuz LSU finished 7th.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Miami just beat Manhattan 8-2 and are now 2-0. They play San Francisco tomorrow and if they win are on to the CWS!!

I really like our position. San Fran will be throwing their #4 starter tomorrow.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Miami just beat Manhattan 8-2 and are now 2-0. They play San Francisco tomorrow and if they win are on to the CWS!!

I really like our position. San Fran will be throwing their #4 starter tomorrow.
They will actually just advance to the super regionals. There they will have a 3 game series that will decide if they go to the CWS or not. :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - that.

I've forgotten how it works - again. I do this every year.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Yeah - that.

I've forgotten how it works - again. I do this every year.
Yeah, thats cuz baseball is set up so much different than basketball. Its kinda crazy how they even figure out how to set it up.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I just watch/listen to the games. I have no clue how the CWS works and I watch it ever year. It's one big clusterf*ck.