"Naturally More" Peanut Butter

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Has anyone tried this? It's Peanut butter with egg whites and flax seeds/oil. I picked some up the other day, mainly to give my kids some omega-3s, but I'm starting to like it too. It sounds similar to power butter, but doesn't have as much protein. It's also much cheaper than powerbutter (I think it was around $3.00+), although more expensive than regular peanut butter. I'm not sure how widely available it is yet, it's made in Alabama, so they're close to me. It's actually a little grainy, because of the flax seeds/wheat germ, but it's easy to spread, almost runny. It's also sweetened with honey (2g per 35g), which makes it taste better but is a point against it in my book. Here's the site they have listed on the jar: http://www.peanutsnack.com
I couldn't find the nutritional info on their site, here it is from the jar:

Serving Size: 2 tbsp (35g)
Total servings: 13
Total Fat: 11g
Sat. Fat: 2g
Omega3 4.1g
Omega6: 1.2 g
Chol. 0mg
Sodium: 130mg
Total Carb: 8g
Fiber: 4g
Sugars: 2g
Protein: 10g

Ingredients: roasted peanuts, egg whites, wheat germ, flaxseed, flax oil, honey, salt.

The protein is not a whole lot more than regular peanut butter, but supposedly it's more complete and usable becuase much of it comes from egg whites. Anyway, I think it's a pretty good PB replacement, especially for kids who don't like O3 containing foods/supps like salmon or flax seed oil.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, egg whites. I make my own PB. Maybe I'll throw some whites in there and see how it turns out...

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
The Best Peanut Butter you can buy.

Naturally More is fantastic! I've been eating it for over a year now. Absolutely the best Peanut Butter you can buy. Great taste sweetened by honey and the flax seeds are great to. I mix a few tablespoons in with my chocolate protein shakes. Cheers, angel77

Mrjustin

Mrjustin

Awards
Naturally More is fantastic! I've been eating it for over a year now. Absolutely the best Peanut Butter you can buy. Great taste sweetened by honey and the flax seeds are great to. I mix a few tablespoons in with my chocolate protein shakes. Cheers, angel77
Yep totally agree. although i have found it seems to be inconsistent, as some jjars taste better than others. and i havent eaten PB since the sal scare, in which i ate some and got awfully sick for a few days........:dunno:

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
Yep totally agree. although i have found it seems to be inconsistent, as some jjars taste better than others. and i havent eaten PB since the sal scare, in which i ate some and got awfully sick for a few days........:dunno:

I agree on consistency. It's not always smooth. Sometimes to thin. Great nonetheless. The sal is no joke man. Glad I had no run ins.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
I'm really liking it too. I think it's pretty widely available too, I live in GA and it's everywhere here, and up north in Indy and Ohio too. I've been a bit sketchy though, just because I always hear, "Always have natty pb blablablabla" so I was just to afraid to actually post about it, lol. Glad to hear other people like it too, and it's OK, for the most part. Guess I'm done with organic now :)

And about the inconsistency, ya, I've noticed that as well, but it's a price we gotta pay :(

krispykev

Awards
I love the stuff... I go through almost 3 jars a week. I eat it straight out of the jar.. It is runny when you buy it.. but if you stir it up then stick it in the fridge upside down and let it sit for a few hours it becomes thicker.. I think it tastes a lot better after it being in the fridge as well

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, I always open, mix and then fridge before using. Walmart has them, I buy tons