Unanswered Natural Supplement Stack Suggestions for a 22 Year Old

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wondering what you guys would suggest for a natural supplement stack for a 22 year old, I'm pretty serious about my training and not too phased as to what the total stack would cost. I currently run a pretty standard (Protein, BCAA, Zinc+Magnesium, Fish oil) Having a break from Creatine monohydrate for the moment. I recognise that most natural, legal supplements won't cause huge gains but I'm always looking to improve my physique. Focusing on strength and size for the moment.

I tried Sns x-gels a few years ago and noticed that my joints were pretty much immediately inflammed and sore, so I stopped taking the gels before too long. The pain hung around and I think it attributed to some patella tendonitis. I was bulking and alot heavier at the time which probably didn't help but the pain/inflammation wasn't something I experienced prior to taking the supplement.

Anyhow I see alot of people swearing by it so I might be willing to try it again just wondering what I could take or do to prevent that happening again? Taking fish oils or joint supplements would defeat the purpose of using ArA? I play sport aswell so crazy joint pain isn't ideal, I don't think the benefits would outweigh the cons in my situation. Epicatechin is also something that interests me but the studies I've read some pretty inconclusive.
If there are any other supplements you guys would suggest to be added to my stack or your own stack that works great please let me know.

Sorry for the long paragraph, appreciate any help or advice. Thanks!
At your age you need intense training, lots of quality food and a ton of rest to recharge for the next session.

First off vitamin d3, if your not taking in optimum levels, (can test through blood work) your missing a major and very cheap staple.

Second one is caffeine pre workout, just to get you going, you don’t need a fancy preworkout if you don’t want, caffeine alone is great.

Food is the number one anabolic, especially natty, so my third is digestive enzymes. As someone who eats around 3lbs of animal a day, almost religiously, I can tell you this makes a major difference. It’s not always about how much you can eat, but rather how much you can digest. Since your hormones should already be high at your age focus on training, eating enough, and rest.

If you need help getting better sleep, you could try melatonin.

Also get a log book and aim to progress in all your sessions in all your exercises.

Best of luck man

Last edited:
anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
At your age you need intense training, lots of quality food and a ton of rest to recharge for the next session.

First off vitamin d3, if your not taking in optimum levels, (can test through blood work) your missing a major and very cheap staple.

Second one is caffeine pre workout, just to get you going, you don’t need a fancy preworkout if you don’t want, caffeine alone is great.

Food is the number one anabolic, especially natty, so my third is digestive enzymes. As someone who eats around 3lbs of animal a day, almost religiously, I can tell you this makes a major difference. It’s not always about how much you can eat, but rather how much you can digest. Since your hormones should already be high at your age focus on training, eating enough, and rest.

Also get a log book and aim to progress in all your sessions in all your exercises.

Best of luck man
yeah i'm keen to get blood work done, would be curious about my natural test levels and everything aswell. I'm not big on caffeine it might sound ridiculous but I know too many people who are caffeine dependant and really rely on a coffee or pre workout just to be able to function normally. So I usually steer clear of it. As long as I get enough sleep I feel like I'm always able to train. I sleep really well and deep so I'm all good in that regard. I log all my exercises, sets and reps but not the amount of weight, which would probably be a good thing but at the same time I usually know what my weight ranges are and it can change depending on how I'm feeling on the day. Great advice though mate particularly on the D3. I don't think I'd be too bad I get a good amount of sun playing sports but definitely should get some bloodwork done soon nevertheless.

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards

Best of luck man
yeah i'm keen to get blood work done, would be curious about my natural test levels and everything aswell. I'm not big on caffeine it might sound ridiculous but I know too many people who are caffeine dependant and really rely on a coffee or pre workout just to be able to function normally. So I usually steer clear of it. As long as I get enough sleep I feel like I'm always able to train. I sleep really well and deep so I'm all good in that regard. I log all my exercises, sets and reps but not the amount of weight, which would probably be a good thing but at the same time I usually know what my weight ranges are and it can change depending on how I'm feeling on the day and at this point I'm still constantly progressing. Great advice though mate particularly on the D3. I don't think I'd be too bad I get a good amount of sun playing sports but definitely should get some bloodwork done soon nevertheless.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yeah i'm keen to get blood work done, would be curious about my natural test levels and everything aswell. I'm not big on caffeine it might sound ridiculous but I know too many people who are caffeine dependant and really rely on a coffee or pre workout just to be able to function normally. So I usually steer clear of it. As long as I get enough sleep I feel like I'm always able to train. I sleep really well and deep so I'm all good in that regard. I log all my exercises, sets and reps but not the amount of weight, which would probably be a good thing but at the same time I usually know what my weight ranges are and it can change depending on how I'm feeling on the day and at this point I'm still constantly progressing. Great advice though mate particularly on the D3. I don't think I'd be too bad I get a good amount of sun playing sports but definitely should get some bloodwork done soon nevertheless.
Sound alike your ahead of the curve man. If your doing all these things already just get in enough food to grow, train hard and be patient. It takes a long time and you just have to be consistent and trust the process. Over time you will see the progress and if you do it the right way it will be muscle you will keep.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am not a fan of any "natty" supps as I dont think they work. There is always some flavor of the month around here, kings blood, vector etc.. etc.. If you look back 10 years there is always a flavor of the month. Nothing sticks! And thats because they dont work. Just my opinion so relax flamers.

What does work is working out harder, pushing yourself, working through the pain, the extra rep etc.. There are natural supps that can help with this. Kratom (controversial I know), pre workouts etc.. I used to think I worked out hard. Little did I know. If your not using these I would look in to them. Otherwise save your money

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
of course mate, well said. My response might have come off a little passive-aggressive but it wasn't. I just meant that while it's nice to get complimented and stuff, at the end of the day everyone is really making their own decisions for themselves. I agree it does take a bit of extra will to stay natty when there are drugs out there that can get you great results alot quicker, so I guess it that sense being able to resist the temptation and continue to work hard and see more slower and subtle results is commendable.
exactly...same page we are!!!

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
I am not a fan of any "natty" supps as I dont think they work. There is always some flavor of the month around here, kings blood, vector etc.. etc.. If you look back 10 years there is always a flavor of the month. Nothing sticks! And thats because they dont work. Just my opinion so relax flamers.

What does work is working out harder, pushing yourself, working through the pain, the extra rep etc.. There are natural supps that can help with this. Kratom (controversial I know), pre workouts etc.. I used to think I worked out hard. Little did I know. If your not using these I would look in to them. Otherwise save your money
that's a fair call mate, other than the main staples of protein, creatine and bcaas. I'd say the effectiveness of alot of other natural supps are probably negligable. not sure if its more of a placebo effect but some supps do get alot of good rep even after you filter out the sponsored athletes and promo codes. that's why it interests me, everyone responds differently aswell so it's possible that some of the supplements do work in their own way to some extent. im usually keen to try a supp even if the chances are its not going to do alot but yeah i do agree with what you said for the most part, and wasting money isn't the goal ahah. Kratom seems pretty full on, don't think I'd need a supplement like that though. Thanks for your input

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
CEL Anabolic Effect is tops on the market.
It just came out lmao. Impressive ingredients list, but many entirely useless supps have had impressive tried and true ingredients, but fell on their ass. Easy on hype..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It just came out lmao. Impressive ingredients list, but many entirely useless supps have had impressive tried and true ingredients, but fell on their ass. Easy on hype..
if a supp has 'impressive tried and true ingredients' and fell on it's ass 100% chance it was underdosed. anabolic effect seems to be dosed very well, imo.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
if a supp has 'impressive tried and true ingredients' and fell on it's ass 100% chance it was underdosed. anabolic effect seems to be dosed very well, imo.
The ingredient panel does not always refect how the supplement performs in my experience. Just cause it should be awesome does not mean it is. Their is allot more involved in making a suppment than ingredients - extraction and binding processes for example. However, I am a big fan of the core ingredients in CEL Anabolic Effect - so I hope it works well - if so it will be a great value.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The ingredient panel does not always refect how the supplement performs in my experience. Just cause it should be awesome does not mean it is. Their is allot more involved in making a suppment than ingredients - extraction and binding processes for example. However, I am a big fan of the core ingredients in CEL Anabolic Effect - so I hope it works well - if so it will be a great value.
you are right, I stand corrected. extraction process and sourcing are very important as well.….i'm going to go on record and say SNS/CEL are among my most trusted brands.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Of all the "muscle building" supplements I've ever used, Follidrone 2.0 is my favorite.

Currently starting up a run using Follidrone 2.0 stacked with the new CEL Anabolic Effect.

For basics, make sure to get a quality Multi Vitamin, fish oils with a combined EPA/DHA of 2g+ daily and your creatine. Vitamin D would most likely beneficial but is based on your sun exposure and hard to determine what you need.
Also highly recommend Ashwagandha (KSM-66) 600mg daily. I take mine 16 weeks on 4 weeks off.
I keep SNS Reduce XT on hand to combat cortisol either from unforseen high stress levels or nights with bad sleep.

If you also want you could test some other performance supplements that are used daily such as Peak02, Betaine Anhydrous, and/or Beta-Alanine.

P.S. dose your fish oils 4 hours away from your work outs.
I was looking at reduce XT, have you ever ran it for say 8 weeks? What did you get from it from continued use? Thanks

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just started bmp, so I can’t comment on it but I ran follidrone and vector and was not impressed. XFactor is worth trying, but most natty Supps are a waste ime.
How was your BMP run? Cheers

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anabolic effect + mtest or epi-plex for 8-12weeks.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Honestly, if I could go back to when I was 22 and save all the money I spent on supplements I would. I still buy way too many but they are mostly health oriented. Outside creatine, protein, some health staples, and maybe a preworkout there is not a thing I would spend money on. But almost all supplements do very little. I agree they can be fun and motivate you a bit but that’s not worth it. Take the extra cash and buy better food like steak and continue the basics.

Some other supps people have mentioned can make a bit of a difference for people aging, closer to maxing genetic potential. But at 22, you are pretty much a hormone factory and will be getting the best gains of your life. Fuel the work with some staples and better food
Have I bought stuff that was junk? Yes, I have. Do I regret it? Not one bit. It was all part of the journey I willingly embarked on, one that at its core is a very positive healthy pursuit. Now do I regret all the money spent on drugs, alcohol, tobacco and women? Most of it yes...............but not all.;):devilish:

One thing I wish the early twenties me had done was, at minimum, annual blood tests including hormones. It would be nice to know when it all went to hell, lol.