Unanswered Natural Supplement Stack Suggestions for a 22 Year Old

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
Wondering what you guys would suggest for a natural supplement stack for a 22 year old, I'm pretty serious about my training and not too phased as to what the total stack would cost. I currently run a pretty standard (Protein, BCAA, Zinc+Magnesium, Fish oil) Having a break from Creatine monohydrate for the moment. I recognise that most natural, legal supplements won't cause huge gains but I'm always looking to improve my physique. Focusing on strength and size for the moment.

I tried Sns x-gels a few years ago and noticed that my joints were pretty much immediately inflammed and sore, so I stopped taking the gels before too long. The pain hung around and I think it attributed to some patella tendonitis. I was bulking and alot heavier at the time which probably didn't help but the pain/inflammation wasn't something I experienced prior to taking the supplement.

Anyhow I see alot of people swearing by it so I might be willing to try it again just wondering what I could take or do to prevent that happening again? Taking fish oils or joint supplements would defeat the purpose of using ArA? I play sport aswell so crazy joint pain isn't ideal, I don't think the benefits would outweigh the cons in my situation. Epicatechin is also something that interests me but the studies I've read some pretty inconclusive.
If there are any other supplements you guys would suggest to be added to my stack or your own stack that works great please let me know.

Sorry for the long paragraph, appreciate any help or advice. Thanks!

Last edited:
ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wondering what you guys would suggest for a natural supplement stack for a 22 year old, I'm pretty serious about my training and not too phased as to what the total stack would cost. I currently run a pretty standard (Protein, BCAA, Zinc+Magnesium, Fish oil) Having a break from Creatine monohydrate for the moment. I recognise that most natural, legal supplements won't cause huge gains but I'm always looking to improve my physique. Focusing on strength and size for the moment.

I tried Sns x-gels a few years ago and noticed that my joints were pretty much immediately inflammed and sore, so I stopped taking the gels before too long. The pain hung around and I think it attributed to some patella tendonitis. I was bulking and alot heavier at the time which probably didn't help but the pain/inflammation wasn't something I experienced prior to taking the supplement.

Anyhow I see alot of people swearing by it so I might be willing to try it again just wondering what I could take or do to prevent that happening again? Taking fish oils or joint supplements would defeat the purpose of using ArA? I play sport aswell so crazy joint pain isn't ideal, I don't think the benefits would outweigh the cons in my situation. Epicatechin is also something that interests me but the studies I've read some pretty inconclusive.
If there are any other supplements you guys would suggest to be added to my stack or your own stack that works great please let me know.

The point of ARA is the inflammation, so if it really messes with the joints, then it probably isn't for you.

If you haven't tried Follidrone 2.0 by BLR, it is a epicatechin and an ecklonia cava natural anabolic, and the first premier epicatechin product to hit the market. A lot of guys enjoy it for endurance, recomp, cutting, pump/vascularity. And then there is Vector, another natural anabolic by BLR with Korean Mistletoe at an amazing extract as the premier ingredient, along with a couple other natural anabolic ingredients.

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
The point of ARA is the inflammation, so if it really messes with the joints, then it probably isn't for you.

If you haven't tried Follidrone 2.0 by BLR, it is a epicatechin and an ecklonia cava natural anabolic, and the first premier epicatechin product to hit the market. A lot of guys enjoy it for endurance, recomp, cutting, pump/vascularity. And then there is Vector, another natural anabolic by BLR with Korean Mistletoe at an amazing extract as the premier ingredient, along with a couple other natural anabolic ingredients.
Yeah, I'm not sure if I have the balls to try it again, my inflammation was pretty severe. It's a shame because I do believe it works I just think it might not be for me.

I'll definitely look into those, I'm pretty sceptical about epicatechin, the studies I've read aren't a glowing endorsement of its muscle building properties or benefits in a bodybuilding sense but I might give it a go, it seems to be pretty well liked by the anabolic minds community. Vector seems like a decent supplement I'll do some more research on it

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
CEL Anabolic Effect is tops on the market.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Even if the researched is mixed I think Epicatechin is worth a trial for most people. Especially if you do sporting activities, I find a marked increase in endurance.

CEL is probably the best for just straight Epicatechin as far as a quality source, amount per bottle, and price.

Ep1logue would be my choice if looking for a comprehensive Epicatechin product. A solid dose, some Vaso6 for added pump, endurance and recovery, and the UroB extract for increased anabolism.

Alternatively CELs new Anabolic Effect looks stellar. I’m starting up a bottle this week, but the formula is top notch. The only product currently out with full dose of Korean Mistletoe, along with quite a few other promising ingredients for performance and possible anabolism.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Epicatechin works , brother. It’s one of the few supplements I’ve tried that I actually notice.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Folidrone 2.0 is the best Epicatechin I have tried.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Top of the market for what? It just came out and there's not a ton of ppl that have even used it from what I've seen. Definitely looks interesting
Tops of the market... for natural anabolics

stock28

Awards
  • Established
In all honesty I don’t think you need anything other than what you already use. At your age hormones are at their peak. Spend the money on quality food and a lot of it. Eat, sleep, and train hard. I seriously doubt you’re going to be happy with any gains your going to see from supplements at your age.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah imo Xgels(ara) is one of the best stuff but not for every1.

That young i would just do Anabolic Effect or Epi-Plex (-epi) w/ a good full dosed pre workout

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would make sure your diet is on point and training is good. Then start with basics and see how you do. Maybe some creatine.

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
Even if the researched is mixed I think Epicatechin is worth a trial for most people. Especially if you do sporting activities, I find a marked increase in endurance.

CEL is probably the best for just straight Epicatechin as far as a quality source, amount per bottle, and price.

Ep1logue would be my choice if looking for a comprehensive Epicatechin product. A solid dose, some Vaso6 for added pump, endurance and recovery, and the UroB extract for increased anabolism.

Alternatively CELs new Anabolic Effect looks stellar. I’m starting up a bottle this week, but the formula is top notch. The only product currently out with full dose of Korean Mistletoe, along with quite a few other promising ingredients for performance and possible anabolism.
Yeah mate I’m happy to give it a go there dont really seem to be any side effects so it wouldn’t hurt to try it. I’m open to trying most supps just usually a bit sceptical but I think ill get some and see how it goes. So you’d recommend ep1logue the most? Cheers

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
I would make sure your diet is on point and training is good. Then start with basics and see how you do. Maybe some creatine.
Yeah they are definitely more important than any supplement. My diet and training is pretty good, I’m just a couple months in from a gym hiatus. Creatine is great but I find that it acellerates my male pattern baldness. Whenever I take it I start to notice a tonne more hair falling out. In future I’m sure I’ll go back to it, just for now I might give it a pass.

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
In all honesty I don’t think you need anything other than what you already use. At your age hormones are at their peak. Spend the money on quality food and a lot of it. Eat, sleep, and train hard. I seriously doubt you’re going to be happy with any gains your going to see from supplements at your age.
I agree mate thats always what I’ve focused on and honestly gotten great results just wondering if any other supps could compliment that, but I agree anything natural will most likely show little benefits.

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
Yeah imo Xgels(ara) is one of the best stuff but not for every1.

That young i would just do Anabolic Effect or Epi-Plex (-epi) w/ a good full dosed pre workout
Yeah I’m spewing that it doesn’t go well with me. The urge to try x-gels again is there just probably not worth it for me. Great that others are getting results from it though anyhow.

Brutefit

Brutefit

Awards
  • First Up Vote
People here have suggested some good recommendations- Follindrone and epilogue.
I'd suggest transdermal supplements Apex Alchemy has a few of them. I'm using their epicatechin TD so far it's all good.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah mate I’m happy to give it a go there dont really seem to be any side effects so it wouldn’t hurt to try it. I’m open to trying most supps just usually a bit sceptical but I think ill get some and see how it goes. So you’d recommend ep1logue the most? Cheers
If you want to tease out the individual effects of epicatechin I’d go with CEL Epi-plex first (which I’ve enjoyed) as it is just epicatechin + Bioperine.

If you don’t mind “confounding” it a bit then, yes I think Ep1logue is about as good as it gets (but I’m also a fan of Vaso6 and UroB so I find it a beneficial whole formula).

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How is your sleep?

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
If you want to tease out the individual effects of epicatechin I’d go with CEL Epi-plex first (which I’ve enjoyed) as it is just epicatechin + Bioperine.

If you don’t mind “confounding” it a bit then, yes I think Ep1logue is about as good as it gets (but I’m also a fan of Vaso6 and UroB so I find it a beneficial whole formula).
Yeah probably best to try and test epicatechin by itself or else you're not really sure what is actually providing the benefit. Seems like there is a fair few Epicatechin products on the market, more than I originally thought. Find it interesting that you never really see them in supplement shops, at least the shops that I visit.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you want to focus on strength and size, maybe looking into a good training program and transition into a bulk?

I ran John meadows project colossus recently and it was excellent for strength. Follow it to a T and log the weights you are doing and you will notice strength increasing.

On the supplement side of things, one product which stands out for
Me at least, was Olympus labs or1gin. I stacked that with kings blood (test booster) and had a great run and with the way or1gin worked you could easily eat larger calorie Dense meals and feel great and not bloated or anything.

I made great size gains running that, unfortunately they stopped making it or it got rebranded so I’m not sure what it’s called now or even if it’s got the same ingredients

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did you actually read his post or just the title of the thread
Now why would someone do that?

If you want to focus on strength and size, maybe looking into a good training program and transition into a bulk?

I ran John meadows project colossus recently and it was excellent for strength. Follow it to a T and log the weights you are doing and you will notice strength increasing.

Me at least, was Olympus labs or1gin. I stacked that with kings blood (test booster) and had a great run and with the way or1gin worked you could easily eat larger calorie Dense meals and feel great and not bloated or anything.

I made great size gains running that, unfortunately they stopped making it or it got rebranded so I’m not sure what it’s called now or even if it’s got the same ingredients
Replaced it with K1nsglayer (which is also on the way out, but you can find in some places).

You could try to recreate your own. Grab Robuvit, Genetian Root, and Hesperidin. The second two were (with emphasis on the middle ingredient) were the big players in the digestion and hunger.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would definitely recommend looking into anafuse. It's laxogenin and epicatechin in one supp. Ran for 8 weeks yields pretty nice results!

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards

thanks mate ill look into it, my strength was insane at one point could 1RM 160kg on the bench press at 18. but the last couple years I've been inconsistent with the gym and my strength and size have dropped off significantly pretty depressing. Changed jobs and uni now and have more time to go hard at the gym again and have been starting to smash it again. I've actually heard of that supplement, don't know anything about it but still a shame it got discontinued.

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
I would definitely recommend looking into anafuse. It's laxogenin and epicatechin in one supp. Ran for 8 weeks yields pretty nice results!
geez theres so many epicatechin products on the market, going to have a hard time narrowing it down to one. I might just have to try them all seperately over a long period of time. Thanks for the suggestion though seems like everyone is on the same page with epicatechin being a good product at least.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
CEls Epi-Plex and anabolic effect would be a great natty stack

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, if I could go back to when I was 22 and save all the money I spent on supplements I would. I still buy way too many but they are mostly health oriented. Outside creatine, protein, some health staples, and maybe a preworkout there is not a thing I would spend money on. But almost all supplements do very little. I agree they can be fun and motivate you a bit but that’s not worth it. Take the extra cash and buy better food like steak and continue the basics.

Some other supps people have mentioned can make a bit of a difference for people aging, closer to maxing genetic potential. But at 22, you are pretty much a hormone factory and will be getting the best gains of your life. Fuel the work with some staples and better food

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Of all the "muscle building" supplements I've ever used, Follidrone 2.0 is my favorite.

Currently starting up a run using Follidrone 2.0 stacked with the new CEL Anabolic Effect.

For basics, make sure to get a quality Multi Vitamin, fish oils with a combined EPA/DHA of 2g+ daily and your creatine. Vitamin D would most likely beneficial but is based on your sun exposure and hard to determine what you need.
Also highly recommend Ashwagandha (KSM-66) 600mg daily. I take mine 16 weeks on 4 weeks off.
I keep SNS Reduce XT on hand to combat cortisol either from unforseen high stress levels or nights with bad sleep.

If you also want you could test some other performance supplements that are used daily such as Peak02, Betaine Anhydrous, and/or Beta-Alanine.

P.S. dose your fish oils 4 hours away from your work outs.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
SNS X Gels
CEL Anabolic Effect
CEL Epi Plex

Enough said. If you eat on par for your goals this is as good as you can get for natty products. Products that have stood the test of time and the new and wildly popular Anabolic Effect. I can’t wait to run it for my bulk this winter

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
Honestly, if I could go back to when I was 22 and save all the money I spent on supplements I would. I still buy way too many but they are mostly health oriented. Outside creatine, protein, some health staples, and maybe a preworkout there is not a thing I would spend money on. But almost all supplements do very little. I agree they can be fun and motivate you a bit but that’s not worth it. Take the extra cash and buy better food like steak and continue the basics.

Some other supps people have mentioned can make a bit of a difference for people aging, closer to maxing genetic potential. But at 22, you are pretty much a hormone factory and will be getting the best gains of your life. Fuel the work with some staples and better food
I agree mate test level wise I'll never be better, I guess I'm always interested in ways I can get that slight bit of benefit, I generally don't mind spending a bit of money if it's for my body/health. I do agree though that the cost vs actual results of most natural supps is really not worth it. Diet, training and sleep will always be far more important and I recognise that I guess my interest is always piqued when I see certain products getting good reviews by alot of users. Thanks though

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
Of all the "muscle building" supplements I've ever used, Follidrone 2.0 is my favorite.

Currently starting up a run using Follidrone 2.0 stacked with the new CEL Anabolic Effect.

For basics, make sure to get a quality Multi Vitamin, fish oils with a combined EPA/DHA of 2g+ daily and your creatine. Vitamin D would most likely beneficial but is based on your sun exposure and hard to determine what you need.
Also highly recommend Ashwagandha (KSM-66) 600mg daily. I take mine 16 weeks on 4 weeks off.
I keep SNS Reduce XT on hand to combat cortisol either from unforseen high stress levels or nights with bad sleep.

If you also want you could test some other performance supplements that are used daily such as Peak02, Betaine Anhydrous, and/or Beta-Alanine.

P.S. dose your fish oils 4 hours away from your work outs.
That's some good advice there mate, I guess the other problem is running too many supps and not being able to differentiate between what is working at what isn't. I'm definitely interested in trying a few of those you mentioned individually. Reading up on Ashwagandha it seems like a great health supplement. I think I'll give it a try. Is there any reason why you cycle it? And would that be another supplement you dose far away from your workouts due to its potential anti-inflammatory properties? Thanks mate

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
That's some good advice there mate, I guess the other problem is running too many supps and not being able to differentiate between what is working at what isn't. I'm definitely interested in trying a few of those you mentioned individually. Reading up on Ashwagandha it seems like a great health supplement. I think I'll give it a try. Is there any reason why you cycle it? And would that be another supplement you dose far away from your workouts due to its potential anti-inflammatory properties? Thanks mate
You definitely hit on an important note. It's good to try things one at a time to see if you respond to them and then you can try stacking in others things on top or stopping one and testing another.

I cycle Ash simply because I like to give my body a break from pretty much any supplement that isn't Fish oil, multis or creatine. Not sure if its entirely necessary, just a personal preference.

Once you get into the realm of GDA's/Nutrient Partitioners there are some/ingredients that are best dosed away from workouts for optimal efficiency though some will say its negligible and not even worth the thought. Once you go down the road of researching GDA's you'll be able to read everyone's opinions and research and of course form your conclusion. Nothing else comes to mind at the moment that I personally take that I avoid near workouts.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s probably something you don’t “have to” cycle or could take for some pretty long periods of time. I still take breaks from everything anyways.

You can take it around training, in fact some fat burners include it. I generally take it morning or night and the dosing will depend on if it energizes or calms you (different response at different doses in different people).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

props on being natty and looking for natty supplements.

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
You definitely hit on an important note. It's good to try things one at a time to see if you respond to them and then you can try stacking in others things on top or stopping one and testing another.

I cycle Ash simply because I like to give my body a break from pretty much any supplement that isn't Fish oil, multis or creatine. Not sure if its entirely necessary, just a personal preference.

Once you get into the realm of GDA's/Nutrient Partitioners there are some/ingredients that are best dosed away from workouts for optimal efficiency though some will say its negligible and not even worth the thought. Once you go down the road of researching GDA's you'll be able to read everyone's opinions and research and of course form your conclusion. Nothing else comes to mind at the moment that I personally take that I avoid near workouts.
Yeah that’s fair enough I’m pretty much the same I even cycle creatine. I think it’s definitely beneficial to cycle stuff you don’t want to potentially suppress anything your body makes naturally. Appreciate the advice mate

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
props on being natty and looking for natty supplements.
i don’t think it really deserves props, just more of a personal choice. I have nothing against people who take steroids and what not as long as they aren’t claiming to be natural and falsely advertising to fans. But for me it’s just more so that I value my health and don’t want my hormones to be suppressed as well as the large amount of other side effects that are attributed to drug use. I have researched ligandrol very heavily as it’s supposed to be a sarm with little to no sides but decided it’s not worth it. I’ve gotten great results being natural when both my training and diet were in check. The trick is being able to stay that committed whilst life is throwing plenty of other things your way.

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
It’s probably something you don’t “have to” cycle or could take for some pretty long periods of time. I still take breaks from everything anyways.

You can take it around training, in fact some fat burners include it. I generally take it morning or night and the dosing will depend on if it energizes or calms you (different response at different doses in different people).
Thanks mate, gonna you’ve been a legend responding to everything on this post, and if that’s you in your profile pic you’re a Fkn unit hahahah

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am a little biased maybe, but I have tried a ton of stuff, including FD 2.0. Nothing did anything to help me build muscle except creatine and BMP from Evomuse. I would put BMP up against anything natural for muscle building. PR central.

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
I am a little biased maybe, but I have tried a ton of stuff, including FD 2.0. Nothing did anything to help me build muscle except creatine and BMP from Evomuse. I would put BMP up against anything natural for muscle building. PR central.
interesting I haven’t heard that one mentioned before I’m looking at the Ingredients and don’t recognise too many I’ll have a more in depth look at it for sure. It’s interesting how everyone responds differently to different supplements. Reading supplement reviews is a headache if it’s something you value when deciding on a new supp. Thanks for that suggestion

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
interesting I haven’t heard that one mentioned before I’m looking at the Ingredients and don’t recognise too many I’ll have a more in depth look at it for sure. It’s interesting how everyone responds differently to different supplements. Reading supplement reviews is a headache if it’s something you value when deciding on a new supp. Thanks for that suggestion
I just started bmp, so I can’t comment on it but I ran follidrone and vector and was not impressed. XFactor is worth trying, but most natty Supps are a waste ime.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks mate, gonna you’ve been a legend responding to everything on this post, and if that’s you in your profile pic you’re a Fkn unit hahahah
No problem always just trying to help.

I’ve been around and experimenting with stuff for forever.

If I had any other input, it would just be to try things out for yourself and determine your own way to measure if they work. Some things work in certain situations and at certain times so just know that it may benefit you and not another person and vice versa. I try to take the science and personal anecdotes into account.

Good luck!

And that is me, I’m a small guy but stay leaner to help with the illusions of size.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Natural supp's are a hit or miss keep trying and experimenting.
Yep, reviews are subjective, be cautious.
Unfortunately for me epicatechin and laxo I was a slow to non-responder. Excessive dosing made it too costly to continue,. Going to give BMP a try next
all the best

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i don’t think it really deserves props, just more of a personal choice. I have nothing against people who take steroids and what not as long as they aren’t claiming to be natural and falsely advertising to fans. But for me it’s just more so that I value my health and don’t want my hormones to be suppressed as well as the large amount of other side effects that are attributed to drug use. I have researched ligandrol very heavily as it’s supposed to be a sarm with little to no sides but decided it’s not worth it. I’ve gotten great results being natural when both my training and diet were in check. The trick is being able to stay that committed whilst life is throwing plenty of other things your way.
lol...i've been a member here for over 10 years, so I obviously have nothing against 21 and older using steroids. but I have extra respect for those who choose to keep it natty-so many guys use steroids as a short cut in place of that commitment you are talking about.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
lol...i've been a member here for over 10 years, so I obviously have nothing against 21 and older using steroids. but I have extra respect for those who choose to keep it natty-so many guys use steroids as a short cut in place of that commitment you are talking about.
So true. And it is easybto lose sight of why a lot of us do this - for health. Yes,I want to look better and I like being competitive as well - but you have to find your own mix of values there

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So true. And it is easybto lose sight of why a lot of us do this - for health. Yes,I want to look better and I like being competitive as well - but you have to find your own mix of values there
You do it for health?

I thought we all did it for the bros in the gym..

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
of course mate, well said. My response might have come off a little passive-aggressive but it wasn't. I just meant that while it's nice to get complimented and stuff, at the end of the day everyone is really making their own decisions for themselves. I agree it does take a bit of extra will to stay natty when there are drugs out there that can get you great results alot quicker, so I guess it that sense being able to resist the temptation and continue to work hard and see more slower and subtle results is commendable.