Nagging issue/forearm into bicep

halljo

halljo

Awards
Anybody have any remedies for a nagging pain that starts in the upper forearm and goes into the lower bicep (I'm thinking its my brachioradialis). It hurts one day and then nothing for a few days, then its hurts again. I can't figure out what triggers it and somedays it stops me from working out cause it hurts so bad, I can't lift anything with that arm.
Any ideas and or help is appreciated.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's like tendinitis. I had it when I started Muay Thai and when I use to lift heavy boxes at work. I thought it was from over using a muscle that I hardly used before or bruising it.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Anybody have any remedies for a nagging pain that starts in the upper forearm and goes into the lower bicep (I'm thinking its my brachioradialis). It hurts one day and then nothing for a few days, then its hurts again. I can't figure out what triggers it and somedays it stops me from working out cause it hurts so bad, I can't lift anything with that arm.
Any ideas and or help is appreciated.
I have had this. The only way I was able to heal it completely was to figure out which exercises aggravated it. Figured out preacher curls and other bicep exercises with a palms down grip as well as back exercises with a palms down grip was the culprit. Tried to work through the pain. Big mistake. A simple change in grip to a neutral grip corrected the problem. Pay attention to what's causing the pain and whatever you do don't be stupid and push yourself through the pain. I was really stupid to think the pain would just go away. Puccah was correct..this sounds exactly like my tendinitis

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Look into KT Tape or Rock tape. Buy a roll and you'll recover in no time man!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Likely from adhesions in the area that need to be broken up and released. It can be done by yourself, but it takes a tremendous thumb and a high pain tolerance.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Likely from adhesions in the area that need to be broken up and released. It can be done by yourself, but it takes a tremendous thumb and a high pain tolerance.
and/or a painful dull metal tool..

sanguine

Awards
This sounds like something I have been getting from cleaning. A dull ache that radiates around the lower belly of my bicep for the most part, but also a bit into my forearm sometime.

I get it most from recieving cleans. I videod myself and realized my left elbow (the effected arm) was pointing more forward than the right elbow, which was pointing downwards a bit. I can only imagine this was putting more stress on the left arm. Now I cue myself to overcompensate and really focus on getting that right (unaffected) elbow pointing forward and up just as high as the other side. Seems to be helping.

Other than that, a ton of self massage, voodoo flossing, and stretching of the area seems to be gradually taking care of it. Have you ever tried flossing or looked into all the Mobility Wod type stuff? Crossfit does not appeal to me, but all thier active/soft tissue recovery methods do.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This sounds like something I have been getting from cleaning. A dull ache that radiates around the lower belly of my bicep for the most part, but also a bit into my forearm sometime.

I get it most from recieving cleans. I videod myself and realized my left elbow (the effected arm) was pointing more forward than the right elbow, which was pointing downwards a bit. I can only imagine this was putting more stress on the left arm. Now I cue myself to overcompensate and really focus on getting that right (unaffected) elbow pointing forward and up just as high as the other side. Seems to be helping.

Other than that, a ton of self massage, voodoo flossing, and stretching of the area seems to be gradually taking care of it. Have you ever tried flossing or looked into all the Mobility Wod type stuff? Crossfit does not appeal to me, but all thier active/soft tissue recovery methods do.
Check out Donnie Thompson's page. Most of the MobWOD is taken from him.

halljo

halljo

Awards
I use the end of a bar (racked on a bench). It hurts like a bitch... but it does help. The bar end rotates too, helping me really squeeze down on the entire area where it hurts. I just got some floss as well. Thanks to all for the advice.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I have this pain on and off as well, and I feel it most when I am trying to do a barbell overhead press. The push at the start of the movement can be too painful I have stopped it for a few weeks to see if it gets better. Also when I do pull ups as well, even assisted ones.

My physio suggested I buy something called an 'arm bar' to loosen the tight bits up. But I have to confess that when I looked it up and saw a picture of it, the thing looked like a serious torture device so it put me off.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
What movements perpetuates the pain? Exact spot of pain? If it's a come and go pain, could be the radial nerve that's entrapped beneath the supinator muscle. Would be a radiative or shooting type of pain, normally.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Iconic Formulations 5
Training Forum 0
Training Forum 18
General Chat 1
oldfart Anabolics 17