NAC on cycle or after?

ToxAF

Awards
Ive read NAC is great for after a drinking binge, but can be bad news to take it before you drink...Im wondering if this crosses over into use of steroid compounds? Grabbed some Ajipure for an upcoming Epistane run and curious what the consensus here is as to how to utilize it for optimum effect?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
During and or after if bloods show certain damage. Then liver supps would help.

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I take it on cycle and after cycle pretty much a staple in my opinion. But never take it before I drink and if I do drink alcohol I would wait a day or two afterwards just my two cents

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ive read NAC is great for after a drinking binge, but can be bad news to take it before you drink...Im wondering if this crosses over into use of steroid compounds? Grabbed some Ajipure for an upcoming Epistane run and curious what the consensus here is as to how to utilize it for optimum effect?
Good question, I vaguely remember reading on here to take it after cycle as it interferes with absorption or utilisation of the compound but could be wrong, hopefully someone can chime in with something definitive as I'm interested to know the answer to this.

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ive read NAC is great for after a drinking binge, but can be bad news to take it before you drink.
I believe you may be mistaking nac for tudca. Tudca taken before alcohol may exacerbate liver damage. I might be wrong but iirc nac is fine pre drinking.

Conflicting idea on absorbstion I've seen. Dr.d for example said they can be used a few hours away from dosing (this was in regards to his pulse method but I'd assume he'd also feel the same for straight cycles) OTOH heres an old quote from Jake from anteaus labs

Last edited:

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Take Aegis and Talos along with Mechabol, and with meals. You can take milk thistle and NAC at the same time, if you'd like. Dietary fats, in large enough quantities, can dramatically improve the gastrointestinal absorption of lipophilic supplement ingredients.... like mechabol, resveratrol, CoQ10, silybin (to some degree), and many others.

Liver supports won't decrease & should even increase absorption. (TUDCA and sodium taurocholate are actually 'oral penetration enhancers' of a sort -- they can solubilize lipophilic/poorly-bioavailable ingredients & increase the extent and rate of their absorption. And PPC is, pound for pound, better than dietary fats.) ...That said, there's some alarming data re: milk thistle decreasing androgen receptor function, but I don't think that it's 'clinically relevant', so I see no harm in taking milk thistle...

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah!.... do not be drinking alcohol while supplementing with TUDCA

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just a little side note, I drank almost everyday for years and only supplemented nac and had decent liver values after the abuse. Tudca has a long half life (almost a week?) so if you drink days in a row it is still heavily in your system. I can't say I know if that matters but it kept me away from it during that "darker" time.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just a little side note, I drank almost everyday for years and only supplemented nac and had decent liver values after the abuse. Tudca has a long half life (almost a week?) so if you drink days in a row it is still heavily in your system. I can't say I know if that matters but it kept me away from it during that "darker" time.
congrats...'darker' time definately describes my drinking years!!!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I believe you may be mistaking nac for tudca. Tudca taken before alcohol may exacerbate liver damage. I might be wrong but iirc nac is fine pre drinking.

Conflicting idea on absorbstion I've seen. Dr.d for example said they can be used a few hours away from dosing (this was in regards to his pulse method but I'd assume he'd also feel the same for straight cycles) OOTH heres an old quote from Jake from anteaus labs
I also recall seeing that re TUDCA.....I think (could be wrong) that it was disproven though

anyway, here’s a nice rat study showing NAC appearing to have a beneficial effect when co administered

ToxAF

Awards
Thank you guys! Not sure how I mixed the two up, learning a lot of new stuff in the past couple months. Appreciate the clarification and info. Looks like Im finally good to go for my 4 andro and epistane run.

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I also recall seeing that re TUDCA.....I think (could be wrong) that it was disproven though

anyway, here’s a nice rat study showing NAC appearing to have a beneficial effect when co administered

Interesting, I'll try and find it later so I don't say that anymore, heres one of the ones that brought up the thought but it is from 2004 and we all know things change.

"In contrast, preincubation with bile acids intensified cell damage"

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Interesting, I'll try and find it later so I don't say that anymore, heres one of the ones that brought up the thought but it is from 2004

"In contrast, preincubation with bile acids intensified cell damage"
yeah I defo remember it being raised. I could be totally wrong but I thought one of the smart dudes on here at the time came in with some explanation and alternative studies etc. May possibly have been to do with a difference in steroids and alcohol or something like that. I’ll see if I can find the thread later

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
yeah I defo remember it being raised. I could be totally wrong but I thought one of the smart dudes on here at the time came in with some explanation and alternative studies etc. May possibly have been to do with a difference in steroids and alcohol or something like that. I’ll see if I can find the thread later
I'd definitely give it a read. Many smarter people than me 🤣

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've seen nac actually used in study to try to mitigate hangover symptoms after drinking alcohol. Nac was administered before and during alcohol comsuption. Should actually help liver process the alcohol a bit.

And for your PH cycle I would take during the cycle first and foremost, but not a bad idea to continue taking it during pct.

Last edited: