My woman’s hormones

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My wife is in pre menopause. She’s been getting a lot more headaches lately, and her doc gave her something for migraines several years ago. I have a feeling that lately her headaches are more hormone related. Anything natty that might help her hormones settle down a bit?

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok this is very interesting. My fiance just turned 40 and has also lately been struggeling with headaches. I never figured this could be a cause. Im also very interested in hearing what others has to say.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
She might want to start with a full blood work if not done yet to see if it hormone related.

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Kratom….. Green Bali is most well rounded strain…..Crushes headaches reduces natural test levels in women and has some mild estrogenic effects to ease them into menopause a little better.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
wouldn't birth control fix it if it's hormones? I've seen estradiol pills

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
If it's migraines it could be a lot of things. My wife used to suffer from migraines, she went to a seminar at our clinic where a neurologist told the attendees about migraine triggers, and that typically migraines result from a combination of different things.

She stopped ingesting caffeine, wears sunglasses outside, tries to avoid loud noises/music, and removed a bunch of foods from her diet. She's been more or less migraine free for a few years now. It's been a real blessing.

I imagine hormones could plat a significant factor, but maybe if some other triggers were removed then your lady wouldn't reach the tipping point that results in a migraine.

mikem1062

Awards
  • First Up Vote
My other half found Nature's Way AM/PM tablets (one form for PeriMenopause, one for Menopause) to be helpful for multiple symptoms.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why’s that?
I just don't think it's a good idea to push an addictive pain killer on your trusting wife to possibly mask her symptoms. sounds like drugging your wife to get her to shut up

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I know Derek can irk people, personally I like him but he's got great info on hormone related studies. He does a great job going in depth on women's hormones. He also talks about how hormonal birth control affects them, I was surprised to hear what that sh!t actually does to them.

Mpmd on YouTube

Last edited:
klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I just don't think it's a good idea to push an addictive pain killer on your trusting wife to possibly mask her symptoms. sounds like drugging your wife to get her to shut up
Sounds like you are reading too much Lame Stream media news. I assume you have never used Kratom.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds like you are reading too much Lame Stream media news. I assume you have never used Kratom.
Of the people I know personally who have used Kratom I've seen more have major issues with it then those who haven't. I've seen firsthand that the withdrawal is no joke.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Of the people I know personally who have used Kratom I've seen more have major issues with it then those who haven't. I've seen firsthand that the withdrawal is no joke.
My thoughts exactly. It can and does work great with lots of issues. The problem is people end up using it more and more and then it leads to its own issues.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the feedback guys. She actually has an ob/gyn appt coming up soon so she’s just going to talk to her doc about it. She’s already tried low dose BC and it didn’t work. Updates to come.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My thoughts exactly. It can and does work great with lots of issues. The problem is people end up using it more and more and then it leads to its own issues.
I recently tried Kratom myself for the first time ever. After a couple of mornings taking 2 caps, I bumped it to 3 . Later that day I was sitting in my home office, got suddenly nauseous, and ended up puking my guts out. I mean violent upchucking. No more kratom for this guy.

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My wife is in pre menopause. She’s been getting a lot more headaches lately, and her doc gave her something for migraines several years ago. I have a feeling that lately her headaches are more hormone related. Anything natty that might help her hormones settle down a bit?
There are natural paths. my wife started at 50, now 52. It took about 6-8 months to fine turn the natural path, ( 2years in now) her good mood is back, less head aches, hardly any hot flashes, slowly losing weight, libido is back to about 70-80% (need to get it back to naughty level)!
I will shoot you a PM of what worked for her. she didn't want to take estrogen. too many horror stories from friends and family.

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It is true that the withdrawal can be bad for those who take Kratom EXTRACT which is 10-100 times stronger than plain leaf powder..... and the Meng Da strain can give you some serious discomfort when coming off....... But the only withdrawal I have ever had from non-Meng Da Kratom leaf powder is lethargy..... Pretty bad drowsiness the first two days and then another few days of going to bed a few hours earlier than usual. Its nothing an extra cup of coffee a day cant fix for me.

But the truth is that I tolerate pain and discomfort much better than most people.....So Maybe I'm a bad judge.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
FWIW migraines can be super multifactorial and different between individuals so I wouldn't try to just assume it is hormonal (it could be tho!).

I've seen individuals with personal improvement of some symptoms with Melatonin, Vitamine B2 and Magnesium (the Magnesium seemed the most effective). All three of those seem to help in studies to varying degrees as well.

If it is stress related I've seen some adaptogens be beneficial in some individuals as well.

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I recently tried Kratom myself for the first time ever. After a couple of mornings taking 2 caps, I bumped it to 3 . Later that day I was sitting in my home office, got suddenly nauseous, and ended up puking my guts out. I mean violent upchucking. No more kratom for this guy.
Yup, sounds like a classic case of extract vs leaf....... Kratom extract makes me feel nauseated as well.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
She needs to get to an integrative doc if you have access. They solved my wife's pre menopause issues when no one else could pin point the issues. Lots of labs and retesting ultimately found that she needed to start supplementing progesterone and various other items, but she was then able to baseline and move to a diet that removed most dairy and grains. That helped, but ultimately the progesterone helped with sleep and mood fluctuations.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nature helped you here. Stay far away from kratom unless you have explored other areas for pain management and they didn't work. It's bad stuff.