tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here’s my tentative layout for my next training cycle (Still following a 4x8,6,3 rep scheme over three weeks)

W1-8s
W2-6s
W3-3s

Comp movements are clusters
W1 squat 4x8 (sub set 3-3-2)
W2 4x6 (3-2-1)
W3 4x3 (2-1)

^ bench is the same sets and reps with the same sub sets layout

W1 block pull 4x5 (sub set 2-2-1)
W2 4x5 (sub set 2-2-1)
W3 4x3 (sub set 2-1)

Reasoning: I’ve been using 8,6,3 for 12 weeks already (with moderate planned de loads) and I do enjoy the frequency of squatting and benching BUT the amount of volume as a standard set (with form deteriorating with subsequent sets) my lumbar is getting cranky from squats. I’ve noticed if I lean to one side I’ve been getting a sharp poke at times around mid low back. So, to keep my frequency and volume with limiting potential re injury I’ve added cluster training in and removed one back squat session to front squats. My other option was to make it more of a Dynamic effort day w/EMOM.

Next week is a down week so I do have time to mull it over.

Take care
God bless!

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trying the 0.75mg melatonin tonight. I’m eager to start my program as well. Funny how you train specific sets and reps that it gets boring but add a small spin/intensity technique and it lights a fire.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trying the 0.75mg melatonin tonight. I’m eager to start my program as well. Funny how you train specific sets and reps that it gets boring but add a small spin/intensity technique and it lights a fire.
Like when the wife does a new hairstyle...feels like something new, but still all the goodness that you signed up for back in the day lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like when the wife does a new hairstyle...feels like something new, but still all the goodness that you signed up for back in the day lol
Literally made me laugh lol but, very applicable and true

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will say this, the 0.75mg melatonin worked. But, I SNAPPED out of sleep at 11pm to some horrible indigestion. Thought I was going to be sick it was that bad. Anyhow, when I did fall back asleep around midnight, I was out. Also, before I woke up, I conked out...hard. Not hard enough that indigestion couldn’t wake me but hard lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dupe

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve used both Somatomax and Hypersleep a few times now and both work but Somatomax wins in having an effect on falling asleep rather than only staying asleep.

Hupersleep- very, very vivid dreams. Had little to no effect on inducing sleep but once asleep, I didn’t wake up. Didn’t cause grogginess upon waking either. Mixability is poor even if I mix it and let it sit for a half hour. Large crystals(ingredients) stay. I bought the cinnamon swirl flavor and it’s decent.

Somotomax-Induces sleep pretty quickly then fall asleep and would wake up not remembering even dozing off lol Didn’t have any trouble staying asleep either but I woke up groggy every morning after using it. Mixability isn’t the best either but it is better than Hypermax. The flavor I picked for this item was berry banana and the flavor is pretty stinking good.

I would pick Hypermax for the quality of sleep aspect and because it’s an open label with a mild(er) dose of phenibut and decent dosages of L-glycine (1g) and GABA (1g). Who knows how much phenibut is in Somatomax - guessing its a high dose since it’s a 14g blend and it’s the first ingredient on the panel. I would opt for this if you’re having a VERY VERY hard time falling asleep.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tentative plan is out the window. Home hunting and buying is a VERY stressful thing especially if you've been debt free for a long time and now you have payments on something again lol

For now I'm using a bastardized version of Vince Gironda's 10-8-6-15 (not using "his" percentages; will use RPE for loading)

Rotate Upper/Lower with 4x a week.

Pelvic Adjustment
stir the pots
oblique planks
bird dogs
hip air planes
Green monster mini pull thru

Squat
185x10
200x8
255x6 ~ top end strength hasn't gone in the dumper quite yet
135x15

Block pull
255x5

Lying hamstring curl
10-8-6-15

Back Ext
3x AMAP

Wednesday is upper. Hope everyone has been well!

God bless.

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
w1d2

cable external rotations, McGill lat pre activation, face pulls

Low db incline
60x10
70x8
80x6
40x15

Supinated bb row
75x10
85x8
95x6
65x15
*weird instability, shaking and hesitation being hinged so long without a belt? Also, I completely cut out movements like this out of fear for my lumbar. Not. No. Moe.

Db military press
45x10
55x8
60x6
20x15

Db curl
3x amap

Dips
3x amap

Ab wheel
3x amap

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
w1d3

Kb split squat *don't remember the kg

Rope pull thru
70x10
80x8
90x6
60x15

Super squat/V squat
70x10
90x8
105x6
70x15
*never used this machine, now is a perfect time lol

back ext
3x amap

calves
4xamap

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
w1d4

cabel external rotations, lying db external rotations, face pulls, McGill lat activation

Lat Pull down
100x10
120x8
140x6
90x15

Bench
165x10
175x8
190x6
135x15

Bradford press
65x10
85x8
95x6
55x15

ez curl super set with tricep extension (both machines)
4x amap

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
w2d1 lower

Prehab/warm up-
Pelvic adjustment
oblique plank
bird dogs
rope pull thru
lateral db raise

Squat
190x10
215x8
260x6
140x15

Lying Hamstring curl
*don't remember the weight

Block Pull 5rm
275x5

Going to push my 6s and 15s. Aiming to keep the sets before @7,8 RPE. Can tell you this, I'm sore like never before.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
w2d2

weight 149

circut- rope external rotations, face pulls, Mcgill lat activations

Bench-
165x10
180x8
195x6
135x15

Iso lateral Pull down - plate loaded

Db military
35x10
45x8
55x6
20x15
*didn't push this movement, will next week.

Db curl 4xamap super set w/
Dips 4xamap

Ab wheel 4xamap

Six reps followed by 15 will certainly give you a pump. Never mentioned it but my Wife has been following "Optavia's" Lean green meals so in turn I have too. I've never eaten so many vegetables lol but, its obviously only a benefit. Eating a lot of Bell peppers (all colors), mushrooms, spinach, kale and grape tomatoes. Pretty neat because almost off of the meals are 40g+ of protein, negligible cho and decent fat. I've inadvertently lowered my CHO intake on training days and have brought them to about 75g on non training days.

Example, yesterday (training) I had;
Breakfast - 1/2c thick rolled oats w/2tbsp pb and 20g honey

lunch- stuffed philly cheesesteak peppers (fire)

*post workout*- 30g isolate w/lactose free milk

dinner- chicken pesto pasta (made with zucchini as the noodles) - 9g cho, 9g fat, 44g protein <3

Snack - pbnj (this is an every night thing lol won't remove)

Come March I'm going to use CNS again because we have a Parent Teach Fellowship pool party for the kids at my Daughters school.. and well, I want to be an "In Shape" Dad, not that I'm entirely out of shape lol but you get it. The pool party is in May and with these lean green meals dieting will be a breeze.

Be easy
God bless

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just looked up the Optavia! I saw some recipes as well that I think we will try this weekend. Thanks for mentioning that. My wife has had to start an elimination diet due to a medical diagnosis and we have definetely bumped up our vegetable intake. Honestly, I regret just taking a greens powder in the past and skipping veggies. They taste good and are filling, and eating a **** ton really does abolish the hunger from dieting. JM Blakely was on a Dave Tate podcast and mentioned vegetables and dieting, pretty much saying that our GI tract is a 30ft muscle, and he'd eat 3lbs of frozen broccoli a day to keep that thing moving.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just looked up the Optavia! I saw some recipes as well that I think we will try this weekend. Thanks for mentioning that. My wife has had to start an elimination diet due to a medical diagnosis and we have definetely bumped up our vegetable intake. Honestly, I regret just taking a greens powder in the past and skipping veggies. They taste good and are filling, and eating a **** ton really does abolish the hunger from dieting. JM Blakely was on a Dave Tate podcast and mentioned vegetables and dieting, pretty much saying that our GI tract is a 30ft muscle, and he'd eat 3lbs of frozen broccoli a day to keep that thing moving.
He would also eat none when bulking at up to 12,000 cal/day. Cutting was around 2-2,500 for him lol.

I have been keeping cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, and cucumber around to just add onto my meals and it definitely helps keep things moving. Some steamer bags of spinach, broccoli, & asparagus are very easy for me too. Bell peppers and zucchini go nicely if I am already using the instapot for rice or creamer potatoes.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bummer for the wife! Pinterest has an ABUNDANCE of meals, which I've only come across one (so far) that I'm not a fan of.

Yeah, depending on how broad of vegetables you consume, you can get a sufficient amount of select vitamins. I couldn't imagine eating that much broccoli, sounds like a bad case of GI discomfort at first.
He would also eat none when bulking at up to 12,000 cal/day. Cutting was around 2-2,500 for him lol.

I have been keeping cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, and cucumber around to just add onto my meals and it definitely helps keep things moving. Some steamer bags of spinach, broccoli, & asparagus are very easy for me too. Bell peppers and zucchini go nicely if I am already using the instapot for rice or creamer potatoes.
We just bought an Instapot two weeks ago, and let me tell you; it makes cooking chicken so much easier lol That's a good selection of vegetables. I've neglected my fruits again though for the most part and have only been eating blue berries. My favorite fruit is out of season and there is no way I am paying $4 for a dinky cup of pomegranate seeds lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been buying a lot of Cara Cara oranges lately, and always keep a bag of the organic mixed berries from Sam’s in the freezer for oats or cream of rice. They also have great frozen mango, blueberries, strawberries. I don’t do it regularly, but grapefruit is awesome, and the whole fam loves fresh pineapple. Usually keep Fuji apples on the counter too. Bananas not so much.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
w2d3

Warm ups
pelvic adjustment
stir the pots
oblique planks
bird dogs

V Squat
90x10
140x8
180x6
110x15
*starting to get familiar with this. Have been having the courage to train it belt less since the stabilization is done through the machine and not my core.

Rope pull thru
70x10
80x8
95x6
65x15

Back ext
15lb x 4 Amap

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

W2d4

Warm up
rope external rotations, facefull, prone single db rotations - circuit

Seated Row

Low db incline
60x10
70x8
85x6
*Completely forgot to do the set of 15

Bradford press
75x10
85x8
105x6
65x15

Arms
4 sets each

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think it’s so funny when we forget to do stuff. Like we put all this planning and effort into training and trying to keep up with recovery, then when the time comes sometimes we barely think about it

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3d1

Warm ups
Pelvic adjustment
Stir the pots
Oblique planks
Bird dogs

*Db lateral raise superset with green mini pull thru 2x20/12

Squat
185x10
220x8
265x6
140x15

Lying hamstring curl
10-8-6-15

Block pull
285x5rm

Monday’s really wear me out. My lumbar was a little cranky by the time I got to my pulling so bracing wasn’t the best and I definitely noticed it tonight. Need to slow down instead of worrying about leaving by a certain time. Oh, and my hamstring/glutes are fried

Take care
God bless

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dupe

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3d2

Lying Db external rotations ss/w face pulls 3x 15/25

Lat pull down
105x10
125x8
145x6
100x15

Db bench
60x10
70x8
85x6
45x15

Db military
40x10
45x8
55x6
25x15

High cable curl ss/w dips
4 sets amap

Ab wheel
3 sets amap

Coming down with something (wife has an upper respiratory virus - not COVID-19 that has turned into a sinus infection) have some heavy drainage and stopped up nose. However, I had a pretty terrific session despite the head cold.

Calories were higher today (unintentional)
Cho-270
Pro-150
Fat-65

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gotta love getting good training even when sick! Hope the wife feels better soon.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Skipping the gym today. Drainage and I’m nearly stopped up in my sinuses completely.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Duplicate

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Felt a little better when I woke up so I went ahead and trained but now that I’ve trained I feel like poo.

W3d4

Upper body circuit to warm up

Bench
160x10
185x8
200x6
140x15

Seated machine row (+hard contractions)

Bradford press
75x10
90x8
110x6
70x15

Bicep and triceps 5 sets amap

I’m going to push for increased volume on my 8s and 15s for my ohp movements instead of the set of 6 (for progression and injury sake) to hopefully keep incrementally increasing bench which so far has been great. I forgot I started recording my S/B/D (block pull) again for input on what I can correct and what appears to be good.

Here’s last Monday’s block pulls - well four reps because my wife called at the tail end of my rep.

Last edited:
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Training while sick is such a double edged sword. You feel great in the moment but then after it can hit you twice as hard haha.

Keep hydrated, rest and get better fast brother.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Training while sick is such a double edged sword. You feel great in the moment but then after it can hit you twice as hard haha.

Keep hydrated, rest and get better fast brother.
Thanks. Didn’t do a thing yesterday, sat around trying to stuff my gullet and drinking fluids. Felt pretty good today.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W4d1

Prehab drills
Pelvic adjustment
Stir the pot
Oblique plank
Bird dogs

Warm up circuit
Green mini pull thru, hip airplanes, lateral raises, lying external Db rotations

Squat
185x10
225x8
270x6
145x15

Lying hamstring curl
10-8-6-15

Block pull 5rm
290x5

Next week I'm going to start incorporating a double in-between my set of eight and my set of six. For some reason the 45lb jump was huge lol Hips swimming and mentally I wasn't ready lol I originally was going to use this Gironda Method for four weeks then take four days off and repeat for another four weeks. But, I may go six weeks depending on how my fifth week goes.

Edit* my legs are sore.. again.

Picked this up
IMG_3321.JPG

Decent label for $29 free shipping.
2g glycer pump
4g citrulline
750mg agmatine

But, really the Vaso last pulled me in lol excited to try it for upper body day.

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Needs mo’ caffeine!
No way Jose'. I've moved away from stimulants past 10am lol Old man syndrome kicked in hard.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Skipping the gym tonight. Feel like poop and my sinuses haven't gotten any better and id rather not set myself back further than I already have.

*If* I feel better Friday, ill train legs again per training template and hit upper Saturday. If I don't feel better by Friday then ill train Saturday, again per the template.

Take care
God Bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have an upper respiratory virus (not the Wuhan) and a "severe" sinus infections. On thee ol' meds, so... training will wait.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Have an upper respiratory virus (not the Wuhan) and a "severe" sinus infections. On thee ol' meds, so... training will wait.
Hope you’re feeling a little less gunky my brother. Extra vit c, zinc, glutamine, water, & sleep/rest. Stay out of the gym for a few days!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hope you’re feeling a little less gunky my brother. Extra vit c, zinc, glutamine, water, & sleep/rest. Stay out of the gym for a few days!
I feel about 70%. Whats discouraging is when I'm making strides in training (270x6 for squats) then I get hit with something regarding my immune system or re injure my self (which thankfully its just the infection -not really "thankful" per say but). However being out of the gym this long SUCKS. Been on Augmentin for 8 days with some minor improvement and another oral (can't remember the name at this moment).

Oh, and I've lost six pounds because I haven't had an appetite :/

either way

Take care
God bless!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Got a cold now myself; stopped training for a few days entirely so I can kick it. Sucks but there’s seasons for all things I suppose.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I mentioned it in your log but I did end up buying the Cerberus Dual-ply sleeves - should've asked if Jess (or you for that matter) had a discount code or something. Can't wait to give them dudes a shot once this crap is gone. Bought a size down for comp fit and will likely use them only for rep maxes (5s and 3s).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I mentioned it in your log but I did end up buying the Cerberus Dual-ply sleeves - should've asked if Jess (or you for that matter) had a discount code or something. Can't wait to give them dudes a shot once this crap is gone. Bought a size down for comp fit and will likely use them only for rep maxes (5s and 3s).
There are a million codes out there so I hope you did use one! You are going to enjoy the support.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well its a wrap here, no gym.

Have multiple things on order to have a decent workout at the house. Heavy sandbag (well loadable 25-75lb), kettlebell, pull-up bar. Already have resistance bands, thinking of buying some heavier dumbells too.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty frustrating, the 25-60lb bag I ordered through Dick's is on backorder (didn't even bother sending an email nor tell me this when I placed the order over the phone with a rep) AND my 50-125lb bag STILL isn't here.

Figured when they arrive, I'm going to aim for 3-4x a week full body sessions.

Also, have switched to LCHF for now for satiety reasons and the ridiculously low energy output I have right now ("refeed" on saturdays - CHO > 300 and fat< 80)

Protein 120g
Fat 100g
cho <50g

Pray everyone is healthy and well!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let me preface this, sandbag training is different lol

60lb bag (need more pea rock)

Giant set 1
Back squat 60x4x10
Sumo pull 60x4x12
Pull ups 60x4x10

Super set 2
Clean to Front squat 60x3x5 - these sucked.
Push ups

So, the company I ordered my 50-125lb bag sent me a 60lb bag (whatever you do.. don't use ebay lol) and, I've been without "proper" weights that I'm going to just keep it. So, not only did I not get a heavier bag I'll have TWO 60lb bags because I have another 60lb bag that I was going to use for swings and things. Now I can do farmers carries though instead of just suite case carries lol Can emulate trap bar deadlifts as well (which im going to stand in my heavier band and run it through the handles to add more weight).

oh, took me 20min to workout and almost puked. I ain't built for this lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sandbags are kinda the worst. Just brutal to handle for anything.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deadlift ss with farmers carry
deadlift w/1 bag and two blue mini bands 4x10
Farmers were 20yrds total

clean to press
single bag 3x10

Bent over row superset with RDL
3x10

25min total.

gross.

We had a massive hail storm here last friday. Insurance totaled both my car and the wifes car out ... yay!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Back squat
60x4x20 superset with F/squat 60x4x10

Bag curl
20x4x15 superset with lying tricep ext 20x4x15

25min

Going to add 10lbs to the bag see if it holds up lol since its designed for 60lbs only. Pea gravel is so small it only filled two of the three sleeves it came with. Will slowly add weight to the filler bags, just to make sure I'm not going to rip it. Trying to keep it at 25 minutes since my daughter always wants to play when I get home.

Oh, down 11lbs since this LCHF :/

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Easy adherence, only thing that's a little more difficult is balancing my potassium intake with the sodium increase (I've been eating whole avocados, baby bella mushrooms and pistachios to get my potassium around 3g)

Wake- 8g MCT w/coffee

Snack-mixed nuts, pistachios, whole fat kefir (for probiotics) or whole fat greek yogurt

Lunch- Homemade Baked hotwings

Dinner- 2-3 whole brown eggs, mushrooms, onion, garlic and Avocado

Snack- 90% dark chocolate

Pre bed- 90% beef with cheese and Avocado

*Still taking, 1g curcuminoids from C3, 200mg CoQ10 and 50mg Sensoril.

The hotwings have stayed in rotation for the most part because they're CHO are less than 3g, if you toss them in baking powder, salt and pepper then bake them.. they're CRISPY. Sauce is kerry gold butter, hot sauce of choosing. But, I rotate with Optavia recipes my wife has found on line.

Sodium has consistently been around 2.5g and potassium around 3g.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That baking powder trick is a gamechanger! And I dig those dark chocolate gains.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been doing a 1lb+ steak 5 nights per week. Sear both sides in the pan, then pop it in the over for 6-8 minutes depending on cut with some grass fed butter.

I’m learning a lot about what I do and don’t like. Including that Tbones are really awesome!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Workout Logs 108