My SD Solution looks like a snow globe from Christmas. Where did i go wrong?

Dr. Death

Board Supporter
Awards
I put 99/ml of peg 400 in a bottle with 1 g sd powder. Shaked it and it looks like a snow globe from christmas. Did i do something wrong? What should i do?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'd go with a hot water bath. Let it sit for a few moments and shake like there's no tomorrow.

ChemicalD

Have you seen my stapler???
Awards
Yep, heat some water up, not to boiling. Remove from heat. Put your solution in, swirl for some minutes. Remove, break any big chunks up, repeat.

I ALWAYS create a paste with some 200 proof ethanol BEFORE addidng PEG, because (as I am sure you found) the peg will suspend the chunks before it dissolves them.

Dr. Death

Board Supporter
Awards
Yep, heat some water up, not to boiling. Remove from heat. Put your solution in, swirl for some minutes. Remove, break any big chunks up, repeat.

I ALWAYS create a paste with some 200 proof ethanol BEFORE addidng PEG, because (as I am sure you found) the peg will suspend the chunks before it dissolves them.
How hot should it be?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe its ok anyway. Just shake it up before you dose and you'll still get the correct dosage even if it is not disolved.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just use it as a suspension instead of a sloution. IOW, shake before each use. Make sure all the large chunks are broken up though.

Dr. Death

Board Supporter
Awards
Just use it as a suspension instead of a sloution. IOW, shake before each use. Make sure all the large chunks are broken up though.
How do i brake up the large chunks if the solution is already in the bottle?

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I don't see why you cannot use boiling water. I would get it a little hotter personally. Use a glass jar and just crack the lid on it to avoid pressure build up. Do not leave the lid totally off or you will cook out the solvents which are paramount in dissolving the chemical. Shake the crap out of it and re-heat as necessary.

Dr. Death

Board Supporter
Awards
I don't see why you cannot use boiling water. I would get it a little hotter personally. Use a glass jar and just crack the lid on it to avoid pressure build up. Do not leave the lid totally off or you will cook out the solvents which are paramount in dissolving the chemical. Shake the crap out of it and re-heat as necessary.
I got it. I crushed some of the big pieces with a glass rod and the next day it dissolved on its own.

THE GREATEST

I'm Hungry
Awards
mine is completely dissolved in extra virgin olive oil at 10mg/ml. had no problem just use a water bath and shake the crap out of it....no need to get peg 400 (tastes awful)