My run with MST's Kreaceps

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
Abs and Cardio

Abs
Side Weighted Crunches: 200 reps 4 sets @ 25 110lbs (each side)
Weighted Crunches: 200 reps 4 sets @ 25 110lbs
Hanging Knee Raises: 100 reps 4 sets @ 25

Cardio
Treadmill: 4.3 MPH 15% incline 30 minutes

Feelings
Feel good, actually slept a little later than normal which was good. Dozed off last night around 9PM, kinda sad but hey thats the deal. Glad to find out the gym is open tomorrow @ 7am, which is when I will be there for chest and cardio.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
LOL @ the pregnant comment. Musta felt good. :hammer:
I gotta say it was awesome. My sister always tells me that he idolizes me. I have taught him some submission holds, he calls me for protein info as he knows that they build muscle. He is such a little character. Since I dont have a son, I treat him as such. Good kid

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
all 19 years natural. I have no issue with PH's or gear, but I have never gone down that road. Maybe someday, I never say never
Much respect to you bro. Your moving some serious weights around. do you go atg (ass to ground) on squats?

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
Much respect to you bro. Your moving some serious weights around. do you go atg (ass to ground) on squats?
thanks for the compliments. I think my best attribute in this sport has been my work ethic. When I started, my father who origibally trained me up until his death in '97, used to tell me this all the time:
"you are not going to be the most physically gifted, but to be your personal best, you will have to outwork everyone".

I get comments all the time at the gym from guys asking why I train so hard? I always tell them its the only way I know how to do it.

In terms of ATG, not entirely. I blew out a knee a few years back, so I am somewhat limited in that regard. When I bend my knee, the cap points in the wrong direction, it is kinda odd when you watch me squat. I will go to parallel however

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
ughh, that sucks, man! how'd ya blow the knee out if you don't mind me asking?

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
ughh, that sucks, man! how'd ya blow the knee out if you don't mind me asking?
torn patella tendon, just like LeCharles Bentley of the Browns. Friggin knee blew up like the size of a cantaloupe, just from running

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
torn patella tendon, just like LeCharles Bentley of the Browns. Friggin knee blew up like the size of a cantaloupe, just from running
LeCharles was my boy when he was on the Saints! That sikes, though. Really unfortunate.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
Chest Day

Well its the 4th and I got to sleep late for me (6:15) :thumbsup:

Felt great going to the gym, had great energy and was very focused, even more so than usual

Chest
Incline BP (9 sets): 275lbs 2 reps (have not done that in years) 225lbs 11 reps
Flat BP (6 sets): 275lbs 4 reps, 225lbs 15 reps
Cross over cables (4 sets): 80-100lbs 8-10 reps
Flat Flys (4 sets): 45-55lbs 15 reps (awesome stretch and hold)
Low cable cross over (4 sets): 60lbs 12 reps

Cardio
25 minutes, 15% incline 4.2 MPH (left foot is hurting like hell for some reason)

Feelings
As I was going up in weight, I started to think about 275, and figured I would take a shot, specifically after 255 felt so light. One thing that pisses me off is that my incline and my flat are so close, as I feel so awkward on flat. Feels like I am laying in a hole. That is funny in a respect aas I used to compete in BP competitions in college and maxed out well in excess of 400lbs. At the end of the workout, I felt like I could keep going for days, which is a great feeling. Tomorrow is back day whi9ch I am happy with, will be going heavy on rack pulls.

I gotta say I am really pleased with this product. My pumps are awesome, and my number shave made nice slow increases.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
LeCharles was my boy when he was on the Saints! That sikes, though. Really unfortunate.

It is one of many surgeries I have been through. As a former wrestling and football coach I toreup my left wrist beyond recognition during a wresltling practice. I was wrestling one of my kids who placed in states, and it just popped. I got so pissed I pinned the kid (love the outside cradle), and refused to go to the doctor for 2 months. I realized it was bad when I was trying to play catch with my nephew and it felt like I had no control of the hand.

Throw that in with major shoulder surgeries, and my body looks like a road map. I have realized though, that the more consistently I lift, the less injuries I have

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
Back Day

Woke up very sore. But was psyched to get rolling

Back
Neutral Pullups (4 sets): BW 12 reps (good stretch)
Rack Pulls (6 sets): 510lbs 2 reps, 455lbs 5 reps (had a little twinge i n my lower back, which hurt throughout the workout)
DB Rows (4 sets): 90-95lbs 8-10 reps
T-Bar Rows (4 sets): 180-200lbs 8-10 reps
BB Rows (4 sets): 175-205lbs 8-12 reps
Reverse Grip Pulldowns (4 sets): 180-195lbs 8-10 reps

Feelings
Lower back is slightly uncomfortable, but nothing terrible. It hurt most doing t-bar rows, which explains why I went a bit lighter. I decided to really focus on thickening exercises, and will move forward on Sunday afternoon with a more detailed approach. I made the mistake of weighing myself after workout, fully dressed and came in @ 228lbs. I think that minus sweat and clothes I am probably still at 226lbs. Tomorrow will be abs and cardio, which will be a nice break for my back.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Nice back session. Do you wear a belt? I used to have lots of lower back problems until I started wearing one. It help me tremendously.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
Nice back session. Do you wear a belt? I used to have lots of lower back problems until I started wearing one. It help me tremendously.
sadly I do and no benefit it seems. For the last several years, I have had issues with my left thigh. It is normally numb, but can feel pressure. I have gone to dr.'s for it and they say I wear my pants belt too tight? WTF???????

Since then , my lower back has been a bit of a bugger as I age. Its all good. It was not able to stop me today, and I really got a nice pump out of it

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
sadly I do and no benefit it seems. For the last several years, I have had issues with my left thigh. It is normally numb, but can feel pressure. I have gone to dr.'s for it and they say I wear my pants belt too tight? WTF???????

Since then , my lower back has been a bit of a bugger as I age. Its all good. It was not able to stop me today, and I really got a nice pump out of it
LOL! Belt too tight?? Never heard that one before! :p

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
Abs and Cardio

Okie dokie, I am back again

Abs
Side Weighted Crunches (200 reps): 80lbs 2 sets of 100
Weighted Crunches (200 reps): 80lbs 2 sets of 100
Hanging Leg Raises (100 reps): 4 sets of 25

Cardio
30 minutes @ 15% incline 4.3 MPH

Feelings
Surprisingly good considering did not have a great sleep. We lost power here in PA and it was fglashing on and off during the night. Will be back tomorrow for arms and cardio

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
You're a PA'er?? So am I. Power was out in the day over here yesterday. What part of the state are you located in?

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
damn. midwestern, over in New Castle, about 25 miles outside of Pittsburgh.
Steeler country. Excellent, when I moved here I decided to root for a Pa football team, and it couldnt be the eagles I friggin hate them

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Steeler country. Excellent, when I moved here I decided to root for a Pa football team, and it couldnt be the eagles I friggin hate them
I also hate the Eagles. I just can't bring myself to like McFlab. There's just something about the whole franchise that urks me. The Steelers are the way to go. Can't wait till the showdown vs. Miami so Porter can get shut down like the little chauncey that he is. It's going to be weird seeing him do that kick and forcing myself not to like it. Kinda like in Major League 2 when the Indians trade Jack Parkman and his little shimmy goes from driving the woman crazy to making them puke. :p

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
I also hate the Eagles. I just can't bring myself to like McFlab. There's just something about the whole franchise that urks me. The Steelers are the way to go. Can't wait till the showdown vs. Miami so Porter can get shut down like the little chauncey that he is. It's going to be weird seeing him do that kick and forcing myself not to like it. Kinda like in Major League 2 when the Indians trade Jack Parkman and his little shimmy goes from driving the woman crazy to making them puke. :p
I forgot about Jack Parkman. Thats hilarious. I think the Steelers might still be better than people think as long as Ben stays off the bike and Jaime Lynn Sigler

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
Arm Day

Horrible night sleeping as you can see from my previous post time. Friggin back

Arms
BB Curls (4 sets): 135lbs 5 reps (PR for me)
Rope Pulldowns (4 sets): 120lbs 12 reps

Seated Alternating Curls (4 sets): 45lbs 8-10 reps
Skull Crushers (4 sets): 110-130lbs 8-10 reps (awesome)

Hammer Curls (4 sets): 50lbs 10 reps
Campered Bar Pushdowns (4 sets): 160-190lbs 12 reps each that was the whole rack, I couldnt believe it.

Machine 2 arm preacher bench (4 sets): 110-130lbs 10 reps
1 arm reverse pulldowns (4 sets): 60lbs 12 reps

Charles Glass Hammer Curls (4 sets): 45-50lbs 8-10 reps
Overhead Rope Extension s (4 sets): 140-160lbs 12 reps

Temple Curls (4 sets): 60-70lbs 12-15 reps

Feelings
Unreal. After the terrible night sleep last night I thought I would be shot to hell. As I sit here now, eating my eggs and wheat toast (yuck) my arms are trembling. The RPM and Kreaceps is an awesome combo, and I have found that after about 2 weeks the Kreaceps really kicks in. Shame I only have about a week left.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Awesome workout, especially with the lack of sleep. I only had 4 hours last night myself, and still had an average day.

If the Steelers start out on the right track, they should be able to make a playoff run. Their schedule is FINALLY pretty weak this year, especially the first half. Their first games are @ Cleveland, vs. Buffalo, vs. SF, and @ Arizona. Hopefully they can pull out the first 4.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
I also like Tomlin as a coach. I thought it should have been Grimm's job, but I think TOmlin can bring a hybrid 3-4/4-3 cover 2 defense, which will cause havoc in the afc ala new england

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
Shoulder day

Well I had an awesome nights sleep, thanks to some advice from my sister. So I was rearing to go

Shoulders
Seated Press (8 Sets): 2 sets @ 225lbs 5 reps and 4 reps
Seated Arnold Presses (4 sets): 75lbs 10 reps
Reverse Peck Deck (4 sets): 105-120lbs 10-12 reps
Superset Side Laterals (8 sets): 35lbs & 25lbs to failure
BB Shrugs (6 Sets): 405lbs 8 reps, 315 15reps
Front DB Raises (4 sets): 30lbs 15 reps

Feelings
Thrilled with 225 for 5 reps, that is a first for me. Next week I am going to take a shot at 250. Pump was great, it is amazing what a good nights sleep can do.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
75's on Arnolds is strong as ****! Especially for 10. Congrats on the 225, also.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
Back Detail

Well I came back again and was ready to go. 28 sets on back and still feel good.

Back
Neutral Pullups (4 sets): BW 10 reps
Front Pulldowns (4 sets): 210-225lbs 10-12 reps
Row handle pulldowns (4 sets): 180-195lbs 8-12 reps
DB Rows (4 sets): 95-100lbs (oh yeah baby) 8-10 reps
Cobra Pulldowns (4 sets): 140-160lbs 12 reps
Back Extensions (4 sets): 130-150lbs 15 reps (went light here out of concern)
Seated Machine Rows (4 sets): 190-210lbs 12 reps

Feelings
I feel awesome. I was thrilled with the 100's for DB rows, thats a new pr. Everything else was great, good pump, solid strength. Tomorrow I am going to hit the bike for about 20 minutes then legs. Will be there bright and early at 5am.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea how you can set PR's in the second session of a day. I went twice a few times and the second session was terrible every time. Kudos to you my friend.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
thanks man, I really think calling it a pr is a stretch in a way. I knew going in I could handle the 100's, just not for the reps I did.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Legs

Name changes galore seem to be inevitable.

Spent the first 20 minutes on the bike, got a good pump with nice blood flowing

Legs
Squats (5 sets): 315 8 reps, 225 15reps
Leg Extensions (4 Sets): 210lbs 12 reps
Seated Leg Curls (4 sets): 150lbs 15 reps
Hack Squats (5 sets): 405lbs 15 reps, 315lbs 18 reps
Standing calf raises (6 sets): 495lbs 18 reps

Feelings
Excellent pump, but very tired. I wanted to be as cautious as possible considering the back issues of the last few days. I apologize to MST for the name issues, for some reason I seem to be a chosen one. What a :welcome:

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
LMAO!! Love the new name, brotha! :D:D:D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its crazy. I cant last for a few weeks without getting banned, cant figure this one out, but rest assured I am still going forward damn it :icon_lol:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I believe he was having a debate with a Mod, and he was winning. I don't think the Mod liked that, and is using his power to prove:rolleyes: , a point. Not positive though.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe he was having a debate with a Mod, and he was winning. I don't think the Mod liked that, and is using his power to prove:rolleyes: , a point. Not positive though.
well 2 bannings in about 3 weeks. So I am just going to focus on my log at this point. No reason for any more than that. I appreciate you clearing it up as I was confused about the most recent banning:think:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Abs and Cardio

Typical Tuesday morning.

Abs
Side weighred crunches (200 reps) 4 sets of 50 w/110lbs
Weighted Crunches (200 reps) 4 sets of 50 w/110lbs

Cardio
25 minutes on bike. Felt good with the bike and no back or foot pain. I might start to implement the bike into my routine more frequently.

Also, due to my wife heading to NYC this weekend from Friday to Monday, my routine is going to change. She is leaving around 9am on Friday morning so on Friday instead of Abs and Cardio I will do my normal Sunday shoulder routine. Saturday and Sunday I will have to take off, as I dont know if the nursery at my gym will be open. On Monday I will be working (hopefully, depending on when she gets back) arms and legs in a morning/evening split to try and catch up on my normal routine. Will update as things unfold.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Lovin' the new avy!! :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks man, cant wait for camp to start

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
I'm just trying to figure out what your next screen name will be :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest Day

Well it was a normal Wednesday morning and I hit the gym around 5am

Chest
Incline BP (8 Sets): 280lbs 1.5 reps (will explain at the end), 225lbs 11 reps
Incline Flys (4 sets): 60lbs 8 reps
Flat BP (4 sets): 245lbs 9 reps
Cross over cables (4 sets): 80lbs 12 reps
Low cables (4 sets): 40-50lbs 8-12 reps

Hit the bike for 25 minutes directly after workout. Thank goodness for tv's with sportscenter.
Feelings
Had a nice pump, good focus and am feeling dtronger every day. The reason I wrote the 280lbs as 1.5 reps was that on the second rep I felt I might not be able to get it so I went about 5 inches about the chest and then pushed up. It could conceivably ber counted as a full rep, but either way wanna make sure I am honest. It is also hard as I dont have a spotter ever, most of the crowd there seem to be the older gneration that are interested in socializing and not lifting the way I do.

Tomorrow will continue with back, but the only change is I will be leaving rack pulls and dead lifts off the agenda for a while as my lower back is still healing/

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Due to my wife leaving Friday morning to NYC until Monday, my routine will be changing as mentioned previously.

Tomorrow: Back in the am and Arms PM
Friday: Shoulders in the AM
Saturday and Sunday: Abs and Cardio at home (damn it)
Monday: if she gets home early enough legs at some point. That is also my last day of Kreaceps

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
I hate lifting without a spotter. usually I go to the gym with a buddy of mine, but if not, I don't even bother asking any of the other douche bags at the gym for a spot. I hate not going to failure.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate lifting without a spotter. usually I go to the gym with a buddy of mine, but if not, I don't even bother asking any of the other douche bags at the gym for a spot. I hate not going to failure.
I am with you on this. When I started my dad was my spotter, so it was always a solid lift. Now, its a bunch of 50+ year old social "butterflies" wandering around the gym. Hell, even if I asked they would not know what the hell they were doing.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good morning back

I found out some wonderful news this am, the gym is open well before 5. I woke up wide awake at 4:05, and slowly wandered to the gym by 4:50. Luckily it is only a mile from my house. I hit back this am, and will be back after dinner tonight for arms and cardio

Back
Neutral grip pullups (4 sets): BW 12 reps
DB Rows (4 sets): 100lbs 8-10 reps
Underhand pulldowns (4 sets): 180-210lbs 8-12 reps
T-Bar Rows (5 sets): 170-200lbs 8-15 reps
Rope Rows (4 sets): 195-225 lbs 12 reps
BB Rows (5 sets): 225lbs 7 reps, 185lbs 13 reps
Back extensions (4 sets): 170-190lbs 15 reps

Feelings
Amazingly wide awake and felt very strong. I was pleased with the 225 on BB rows, and the 100's on DB rows was easier than expected. Sadly, we only have 100's at my gym so I will need to keep throwing reps for that at a higher pace or go to the Smith Machine and do 1 arm rows there. I weighed myself during workout, which is always foolish. I was sweaty and wearing my sneakers (and gym clothes too) and came in at 230. So minus the sweat and all else probably still around 228.

Will update tonight for arms

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Solid workout. Glad to hear your gym is open before 95% of the country is awake :mad:. I wish I could still get up and lift in the morning. Just can't bring myself to do it anymore. :smite:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am actually kinda excited about tonight for bi's. We will see how it goes. Not much of a night lifter but you never know

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still can't believe the 2x daily thing. I was doing strength morning, cardio nites, but that killed me pretty quick

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have done it like this for a while. My time doing it this way only lasts for a few months spurt then when the school year starts again in September, I am back to early afternoons. THe joy of teaching