My first ever log, getting Ultra Hard with the help of Iconic Formulations

Naglish

Awards
Hello dear friends! That's my first ever log of anything really! Planning to run 8 weeks of Iconic Formulations Ultra Hard followed by 4 weeks of Sustain Alpha.
Have been hitting the gym on and off for years now, and never reached my goal physique as my regime can be quite chaotic due to work and especially with the covi decimating any schedules or plans for the second year now.
A little about myself:
Just a dude from Europe, long time lurker

Age - 28
Weight - 91kg/around 200lbs
Height - 1.80m/5 feet 11

Workout regime - usually I hit the gym around 4-5 times a week in early morning depending on my work schedule. Mainly got 3 workout routes that I rotate:
1 day - Chest/Biceps
2 day - Back/Triceps
3 day - Legs/shoulders
Each day also got 15 minutes of warm up cardio and around 20 minutes of quite intense stretching before the workout as well as ab and oblique killing at the end of each workout. No more than 30 seconds rest in between sets and exercises, so the tempo is quite intense and I usually burn through the workout in around 1.5 hour.

Diet:
Have always been extremely inconsistent with my diet, but what have been consistent for the past few month is the protein intake(around 115-125g per day). Main problem has never been keeping the diet clean, but rather increasing the calorie intake (as it usually is 1600-1900 per day, find it really hard to keep stuffing food into myself, haha) but even so, have never been skinny.
Other supplements include Scitec Whey, creatine monohydrate and a pre-workout(can't do sh*it without it in the realy mornings)

Will do major updates each week and post some minor updates if something comes up.

So Week 1, day 1:
Hit Back and triceps today, I was never going for the big numbers, so am trying to work with the weights that allow me to feel the muscles working. Will see if the numbers go up as I tend to really feel the difference in my performance when I increase weights even slightly.

Obviously nothing to mention right away, first application was 4 pumps(thinking of doing 4 pumps for the first week and then going for 5 for the rest of the duration of this run) applied to chest, shoulders and abs after the shower. Dried extremely quickly probably withing 5-7 minutes of application, no scent at all, very happy, the pump on this thing is crazy good by the way, no need to measure how much you are applying, just squeeze that juice and let it work!

Hope for some great results!

PS. Sorry in advance for any grammar mistakes or weird sentences, haha, English is not my first tongue.

PSS. Really what to Thank @delsolrob for amazing feedback and for delivering it to me to a country no one even knows about (Latvia, haha)

Attachments

Last edited:
cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Great combo. I’m in to see how this works for you. @thebigt and @delsolrob

Side note. I have Latvian ancestry.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
subbed. Great products

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i like that you are doing stretching pre-workout, too many people neglect this...also doing intensive ab work post workout is fantastic---when i go for long runs i immediately drop down and do sit ups following runs, often times on dirt roads or corn fields.

looking at your pics you have a good solid frame to work with, if you stick to it i see it possible to do a nice transformation in next 12 weeks.

good luck :)

Naglish

Awards
i like that you are doing stretching pre-workout, too many people neglect this...also doing intensive ab work post workout is fantastic---when i go for long runs i immediately drop down and do sit ups following runs, often times on dirt roads or corn fields.

looking at your pics you have a good solid frame to work with, if you stick to it i see it possible to do a nice transformation in next 12 weeks.

good luck :)
I've seen too many people around me in the gym getting torn muscles and injuries because they didn't stretch properly beforehand, so even I don't and actually can't go heavy, still prefer being safe about it. Thank you for following!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've seen too many people around me in the gym getting torn muscles and injuries because they didn't stretch properly beforehand, so even I don't and actually can't go heavy, still prefer being safe about it. Thank you for following!
you will be rewarded as you grow older for doing things the right way...

really looking forward to this log!!!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I actually use to get injured more often (pulling muscles) stretching before my workout. What I do now is a couple light warm up sets and once I get some blood in the muscle then I stretch it. I actually learned that from a college baseball coach and then after seeing Dante's DC training it made even more sense. I haven't pulled a muscle since. It seems to work much better for upper body then it does for legs for some reason

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Smont that's how I do it. A handful of light, warmup lifts to get the blood flowing, and then good stretching..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@Smont that's how I do it. A handful of light, warmup lifts to get the blood flowing, and then good stretching..
i do light stretching when i 1st get out of bed, then do some more serious stretching before lifting or running. even after stretching i still start out with light warm up lifts, or if going running i do high steps starting out. :)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i do light stretching when i 1st get out of bed, then do some more serious stretching before lifting or running. even after stretching i still start out with light warm up lifts, or if going running i do high steps starting out. :)
To be fair, I randomly stretch through the day. Short quick stretches, not working on flexibility but more so just to keep that area loose feeling. Especially my bad shoulder, any chance I get il hang from a bar. If I walk by something I can grab on you and stretch it out with I do it. I don't know how beneficial it is but it feels good

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
To be fair, I randomly stretch through the day. Short quick stretches, not working on flexibility but more so just to keep that area loose feeling. Especially my bad shoulder, any chance I get il hang from a bar. If I walk by something I can grab on you and stretch it out with I do it. I don't know how beneficial it is but it feels good
hell yes...me too. 🥇

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I actually use to get injured more often (pulling muscles) stretching before my workout. What I do now is a couple light warm up sets and once I get some blood in the muscle then I stretch it. I actually learned that from a college baseball coach and then after seeing Dante's DC training it made even more sense. I haven't pulled a muscle since. It seems to work much better for upper body then it does for legs for some reason
This is exactly what I've been doing many years too.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I do this too, but like you said it's not for mobility or anything for me either. It's just automatic for me. Kind of like, if some place itches - you scratch it. If some muscle is sore - I stretch and massage it.

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hello dear friends! That's my first ever log of anything really! Planning to run 8 weeks of Iconic Formulations Ultra Hard followed by 4 weeks of Sustain Alpha.
Have been hitting the gym on and off for years now, and never reached my goal physique as my regime can be quite chaotic due to work and especially with the covi decimating any schedules or plans for the second year now.
A little about myself:
Just a dude from Europe, long time lurker

Age - 28
Weight - 91kg/around 200lbs
Height - 1.80m/5 feet 11

Workout regime - usually I hit the gym around 4-5 times a week in early morning depending on my work schedule. Mainly got 3 workout routes that I rotate:
1 day - Chest/Biceps
2 day - Back/Triceps
3 day - Legs/shoulders
Each day also got 15 minutes of warm up cardio and around 20 minutes of quite intense stretching before the workout as well as ab and oblique killing at the end of each workout. No more than 30 seconds rest in between sets and exercises, so the tempo is quite intense and I usually burn through the workout in around 1.5 hour.

Diet:
Have always been extremely inconsistent with my diet, but what have been consistent for the past few month is the protein intake(around 115-125g per day). Main problem has never been keeping the diet clean, but rather increasing the calorie intake (as it usually is 1600-1900 per day, find it really hard to keep stuffing food into myself, haha) but even so, have never been skinny.
Other supplements include Scitec Whey, creatine monohydrate and a pre-workout(can't do sh*it without it in the realy mornings)

Will do major updates each week and post some minor updates if something comes up.

So Week 1, day 1:
Hit Back and triceps today, I was never going for the big numbers, so am trying to work with the weights that allow me to feel the muscles working. Will see if the numbers go up as I tend to really feel the difference in my performance when I increase weights even slightly.

Obviously nothing to mention right away, first application was 4 pumps(thinking of doing 4 pumps for the first week and then going for 5 for the rest of the duration of this run) applied to chest, shoulders and abs after the shower. Dried extremely quickly probably withing 5-7 minutes of application, no scent at all, very happy, the pump on this thing is crazy good by the way, no need to measure how much you are applying, just squeeze that juice and let it work!

Hope for some great results!

PS. Sorry in advance for any grammar mistakes or weird sentences, haha, English is not my first tongue.

PSS. Really what to Thank @delsolrob for amazing feedback and for delivering it to me to a country no one even knows about (Latvia, haha)
This should be a fun run.

Maybe I just missed it, but didn't quite get what is your goal with this run spefically. Are you trying to cut or kind of recomp or increase lean mass while trying to minimize fat gain? I would aim for either of the first 2 options.

A few things I'd want to point out/give an opinion on:

You should definitely increase your protein intake. Try to get closer to 200 g a day. A decent guideline is to aim at 1 g protein / lb of bodyweight or 2 g protein / kg of bodyweight. This is even more important on a cut/deficit for maintining muscle mass.

Very interesting that you can maintain that bodyweight with that low calories. Typically your average 90 kg males who lifts consume anywhere from 2500 kcals - 3500 kcals a day depending on activity and individual variation. Some need even more cals to keep that weight. I usually start my cuts around 90 kg BW (I'm also 180 cm) and start cutting at 2500 kcals and my job is very low activity desk job. Around 3000 kcals and above when trying to 'bulk'. If you can replace some of the carbs and fat with protein, you may have positive effects on body composition without even changing the calorie intake.

I think you may be hindering your progress with resting only 30 secs between sets. 1-2 minutes is a decent guideline for hypertophy training. I like to take a little longer rests (90 - 120 secs) between sets of big compound excercises, like squat and deadlift etc. And shorter rests for smaller muscle groups, like abs and shoulders (1 min), excluding overhead press. And about 60 - 90 secs for arms and the rest. Anyway I do 1-2 mins depending on how demanding the excercise.

I know you said you're not looking to lift 'big' weights, but IMO, if you can squat or bench press etc. with 30 sec rest periods without being out of breath and focus/form being compromised, your intensity is too low. That's just my opinion.

If you want to utilize the short rest periods to get more volume in, or just cause' you like it, then you can use 'excercise pairs', where you do a set of chest excercise - rest 30 secs - do a set of bicep excercise - rest 30 secs - a set of chest and so on, for example. That's actually what I do quite a bit and even then I tend to give a bit longer rest between more demanding excercises like bench press - rest 45 secs - pull ups - an so on. For bicep - tricep 30 secs is fine inbetween for me.

I don't think abs is a good place to apply Ultra hard. Best areas include traps, neck, shoulders, chest. If you need bigger area, then include inner arms, behind the knees, tops of feet, inner thighs. The area in above nipples, front and back, has the most entzymes, that converts PH's to the target hormones.

It would be great, if you could get a blood test to see where your hormone levels are and then test again in the last week of the run to see if you're suppressed and/or after the run to see if you're recovered.

Just some thoughts.

Last edited:

Naglish

Awards
This should be a fun run.

Maybe I just missed it, but didn't quite get what is your goal with this run spefically. Are you trying to cut or kind of recomp or increase lean mass while trying to minimize fat gain? I would aim for either of the first 2 options.

A few things I'd want to point out/give an opinion on:

You should definitely increase your protein intake. Try to get closer to 200 g a day. A decent guideline is to aim at 1 g protein / lb of bodyweight or 2 g protein / kg of bodyweight. This is even more important on a cut/deficit for maintining muscle mass.

Very interesting that you can maintain that bodyweight with that low calories. Typically your average 90 kg males who lifts consume anywhere from 2500 kcals - 3500 kcals a day depending on activity and individual variation. Some need even more cals to keep that weight. I usually start my cuts around 90 kg BW (I'm also 180 cm) and start cutting at 2500 kcals and my job is very low activity desk job. Around 3000 kcals and above when trying to 'bulk'. If you can replace some of the carbs and fat with protein, you may have positive effects on body composition without even changing the calorie intake.

I think you may be hindering your progress with resting only 30 secs between sets. 1-2 minutes is a decent guideline for hypertophy training. I like to take a little longer rests (90 - 120 secs) between sets of big compound excercises, like squat and deadlift etc. And shorter rests for smaller muscle groups, like abs and shoulders (1 min), excluding overhead press. And about 60 - 90 secs for arms and the rest. Anyway I do 1-2 mins depending on how demanding the excercise.

I know you said you're not lookong to lift 'big' weights, but IMO, if you can squat or bench press etc. with 30 sec rest periods without being out of breath and focus/form being compromised, your intensity is too low. That's just my opinion.

If you want to utilize the short rest periods to get more volume in, or just cause' you like it, then you can use 'excercise pairs', where you do a set of chest excercise - rest 30 secs - do a set of bicep excercise - rest 30 secs - a set of chest and so on, for example. That's actually what I do quite a bit and even then I tend to give a bit longer rest between more demanding excercises like bench press - rest 45 secs - pull ups - an so on. For bicep - tricep 30 secs is fine inbetween for me.

I don't think abs is a good place to apply Ultra hard. Best areas include traps, neck, shoulders, chest. If you need bigger area, then include inner arms, behind the knees, tops of feet, inner thighs. The area in above nipples, front and back, has the most entzymes, that converts PH's to the target hormones.

It would be great, if you could get a blood test to see where your hormone levels are and then test again in the last week of the run to see if you're suppressed and/or after the run to see if you're recovered.

Just some thoughts.
This is very useful, thank you for your input! Will try to amp that protein and cal intake! I work in theater, so I burn through quite a lot of calories through the day as I'm constantly moving around and don't have much time just sitting and chilling, haha
Regarding exercise pairing, I do supersets when the exercise equipment for the same muscle group is located near by, I'm not sure of the names of the exercises (excuse my English) for example I'll do lat pull downs and instantly weave in seated cable rows(think that's what it's called), same goes for biceps, triceps and some other back exercises.

Will apply to the area you mentioned, was not sure on the best area myself, so thank you very much for the insight!

As for the goal, belive it's more of a recomp than anything else. First time when I get to be serious about my training and end goal, so will see how it goes.

Naglish

Awards
Week 1 Day 2:

Could hit the gym as it is closed on Sundays

4 pumps, thanks to the advice applied to traps, shoulders, chest and inner arms. Nothing to report as of yet as it is too early.
What I've noticed is that the area I apply to gets slight red skin and a little of warming effect, no irritation, no itching.
No change in mood or sleep as well. I do find myself to be extremely exhausted at this point as I work almost every single day and it seems my body can't keep up and fully recover, but the placebo effect of using something completely new does make me a little happier, haha. Although I understand that there is no magical pill that makes you ripped I always am hyped for any supplement, especially ones you can't get around here where I'm from. It makes it that more fun.

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this log!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Week 1 Day 2:

4 pumps, thanks to the advice applied to traps, shoulders, chest and inner arms. Nothing to report as of yet as it is too early.
What I've noticed is that the area I apply to gets slight red skin and a little of warming effect, no irritation, no itching.
No change in mood or sleep as well. I do find myself to be extremely exhausted at this point as I work almost every single day and it seems my body can't keep up and fully recover, but the placebo effect of using something completely new does make me a little happier, haha. Although I understand that there is no magical pill that makes you ripped I always am hyped for any supplement, especially ones you can't get around here where I'm from. It makes it that more fun.
I spent the better part of all last year bouncing back and forth between cutting and recomposition phases, I definitely dragged it out way longer necessary but if there's anything I've learned, it's the diet that's most important. The amount of food and the quality of the food coming in vs. the energy you put out with exercise and your daily activity level. Calories in vs calories out definitely is the most important factor for total weight lost. But the type of calories absolutely matters in the type of weight you loose. The guy eating 2000 calories from meat, rice fruit and vegetables is going to look better then the guy eating 2000 calories from protein powder, cereal and junk food.

Find your balance, get the majority of your calories from nutritious carbohydrate sources and lean proteins and move more then you did yesterday. Every supplement and hormone will help further results, but you can't really out supplement and out exercise a crappy diet. Believe I have tried several times.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I also don't think your accurately counting your calories, I'm almost 100% sure of it. I have a 140lb female right now eating 1800calories and that's about maintenance as she's ready to reduce calories.

Ppl forgot to add up the random things they eat and the inconsistency of their diet. My maintenance calories were 3000ish at 195 lbs, over the past 2 weeks I have been randomly cheating here and there, and I had one night I went on a mini binge, ok it was a big binge lol. Any way, most days I was around 3000 calories. But once I totaled up all the cheats and that binge over those 15 days, total up the calories and divided it by 15, my average was actually over 3600 calories per day and guess what, I gained 8.3lbs in the process.

I've got another guy who's actually my best friend who's been swearing to God he's eating 1800 calories a day, well I was started breaking it down, adding in the calories in his coffee and condiments he forgets to add, the beer he drinks every Friday, the dinner he goes out to eat every weekend. While it looks like about 1800 per day Monday through Thursday it's well over 3000 on Friday and Saturday. Then on Sundays he's hung over and dosent move all day, so even tho on that day he might only eat 1800 he didn't burn anything off.

The little things make a difference and the not so little things really make a difference

Naglish

Awards
I spent the better part of all last year bouncing back and forth between cutting and recomposition phases, I definitely dragged it out way longer necessary but if there's anything I've learned, it's the diet that's most important. The amount of food and the quality of the food coming in vs. the energy you put out with exercise and your daily activity level. Calories in vs calories out definitely is the most important factor for total weight lost. But the type of calories absolutely matters in the type of weight you loose. The guy eating 2000 calories from meat, rice fruit and vegetables is going to look better then the guy eating 2000 calories from protein powder, cereal and junk food.

Find your balance, get the majority of your calories from nutritious carbohydrate sources and lean proteins and move more then you did yesterday. Every supplement and hormone will help further results, but you can't really out supplement and out exercise a crappy diet. Believe I have tried several times.
I agree wholeheartedly

Naglish

Awards
I also don't think your accurately counting your calories, I'm almost 100% sure of it. I have a 140lb female right now eating 1800calories and that's about maintenance as she's ready to reduce calories.

Ppl forgot to add up the random things they eat and the inconsistency of their diet. My maintenance calories were 3000ish at 195 lbs, over the past 2 weeks I have been randomly cheating here and there, and I had one night I went on a mini binge, ok it was a big binge lol. Any way, most days I was around 3000 calories. But once I totaled up all the cheats and that binge over those 15 days, total up the calories and divided it by 15, my average was actually over 3600 calories per day and guess what, I gained 8.3lbs in the process.

I've got another guy who's actually my best friend who's been swearing to God he's eating 1800 calories a day, well I was started breaking it down, adding in the calories in his coffee and condiments he forgets to add, the beer he drinks every Friday, the dinner he goes out to eat every weekend. While it looks like about 1800 per day Monday through Thursday it's well over 3000 on Friday and Saturday. Then on Sundays he's hung over and dosent move all day, so even tho on that day he might only eat 1800 he didn't burn anything off.

The little things make a difference and the not so little things really make a difference
I'm for sure am the person you are talking about in that comment, haha, the 1800 through the week and 3000+ on the weekend seems quite realistic.
I don't drink and haven't eaten junk food in a very long while(can't stand it after got sick with covid, for some reason my tastes got weird after I got sick with it) but I do consume quite some greasy home made food here and there through the month so your assumptions are quite correct

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Week 1 Day 2:

applying after shower is 100% best time to apply, imo.....i use either surgical gloves or sandwich baggies over hands when applying-sandwich baggies are very cheap and work well. after applying i will run a hair dryer over area the hot air might only be placebo but i like doing it and it definitely seems to dry better..applying moisturizing lotion over area after the transdermal has fully dried will help skin from getting irritated and as a bonus it actually helps more active ingredient to be absorbed into skin.

Naglish

Awards
applying after shower is 100% best time to apply, imo.....i use either surgical gloves or sandwich baggies over hands when applying-sandwich baggies are very cheap and work well. after applying i will run a hair dryer over area the hot air might only be placebo but i like doing it and it definitely seems to dry better..applying moisturizing lotion over area after the transdermal has fully dried will help skin from getting irritated and as a bonus it actually helps more active ingredient to be absorbed into skin.
Is that so, I was afraid of applying any sort or moisturizer over the areas where I applied UH thinking it would mess it up for some reason

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm for sure am the person you are talking about in that comment, haha, the 1800 through the week and 3000+ on the weekend seems quite realistic.
I don't drink and haven't eaten junk food in a very long while(can't stand it after got sick with covid, for some reason my tastes got weird after I got sick with it) but I do consume quite some greasy home made food here and there through the month so your assumptions are quite correct
It's the hardest part for 99% of ppl, on a regular basis I forgot to add the calories from the half and half in my coffee, that might not sound like a big deal but when you drink 1-2 cups regular coffee and six to eight cups of decaf coffee a day lol, it adds up. There's only 50 calories in a cup, but I just so happen to have 8 cups today, 400 uncounted calories. If missed that every day for a week it's 2,800. That's a whole extra days worth of food 🤷. I promise you that if you want the best results as fast as possible make your diet number one for being the most important

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Is that so, I was afraid of applying any sort or moisturizer over the areas where I applied UH thinking it would mess it up for some reason
just make sure the UH has fully dried before applying moisturizer---not only should this help with possible irritation but will also help absorption--it is very common to apply moisturizer over topicals once they have fully dried...

i really want you to get the most out of this, i won't give you false info, 😇

Naglish

Awards
just make sure the UH has fully dried before applying moisturizer---not only should this help with possible irritation but will also help absorption--it is very common to apply moisturizer over topicals once they have fully dried...

i really want you to get the most out of this, i won't give you false info,
Will do!

Naglish

Awards
Small update: Week 1 day 3

Absolutely annihilated Chest and biceps today, had a very good workout, no change in weights, but the feeling was great!

Applied 4 pumps to traps, shoulders, chest and neck also used some moisturizer on the area after UH completely dried as skin felt a little 'ashy' after application.
No significant improvements to report as of yet.
Upped my calories and protein(around 175g) intake (probably the hardest part right now as I'm not used to eat as much and feel completely full all the time now) but it does seem like I do feel better physically, less tired after eating significantly more.

Will update more if something comes up! Glad you are guys in it with me.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Small update: Week 1 day 3

Absolutely annihilated Chest and biceps today, had a very good workout, no change in weights, but the feeling was great!

Applied 4 pumps to traps, shoulders, chest and neck also used some moisturizer on the area after UH completely dried as skin felt a little 'ashy' after application.
No significant improvements to report as of yet.
Upped my calories and protein(around 175g) intake (probably the hardest part right now as I'm not used to eat as much and feel completely full all the time now) but it does seem like I do feel better physically, less tired after eating significantly more.

Will update more if something comes up! Glad you are guys in it with me.
good things are coming--@Smont will be happy to hear you upped cals :)

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I do feel better physically, less tired after eating significantly more.
It's crazy how caloric intake can change mood and energy levels. If i don't eat enough calories I just don't feel like doing anything. That's why I don't do a cut very often :LOL:

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm the same. I get cranky very quick on a cut
I guess I’m odd. I seem to feel better on less calories, yet I do eat cleaner.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I guess I’m odd. I seem to feel better on less calories, yet I do eat cleaner.
Yes, you are odd. Lol. No but I think a lot of it comes down to how much you can/have to eat generally compared to how much you'd like to eat. Some people have to force feed themselves to gain weight. So they are relieved, when they can eat less. Having a very light activity job, I can easily eat myself fat, even eating very clean. So I kind of feel like starving allways on a cut.

Last edited:
cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes, you are odd. Lol. No but I think a lot of it comes down to how much you can/have to eat generally compared to how much you'd like to eat. Some people have to force feed themselves to gain weight. So they are relieved, when they can eat less. Having a very light activity job, I can easily eat myself fat, even eating very clean. So I kind of feel like starving allways on a cut.
I’ve always loved food. It just doesn’t love me back.

Naglish

Awards
Week 1, day 5 minor update:

Did back and triceps yesterday and leg with shoulder today. Upped the amount of pumps from 4 to 5.
Workouts feel amazing, I don't know if it's placebo or me slightly adjusting my workout regiment. Started doing 1-2 minute breaks in between sets and although it does take my workout from 1.5 hour to full 2 hours, it does make a big difference.
What I've noticed is that my upper body got slightly tighter, maybe it's just me, but I don't get any boob jiggle when going up or down a stairs, lol, usually I did.
Another thing to report, I feel amazing if the first half of the day, but when comes mid-day or evening I get an insane crash both mentally and physically to the point where I can't really do much, don't know whether it's UH or me just nor baaibg able to recover fully.

PS. Got a nice mail today
20220210_114717.jpeg

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

Did back and triceps yesterday and leg with shoulder today. Upped the amount of pumps from 4 to 5.
Workouts feel amazing, I don't know if it's placebo or me slightly adjusting my workout regiment. Started doing 1-2 minute breaks in between sets and although it does take my workout from 1.5 hour to full 2 hours, it does make a big difference.
What I've noticed is that my upper body got slightly tighter, maybe it's just me, but I don't get any boob jiggle when going up or down a stairs, lol, usually I did.
Another thing to report, I feel amazing if the first half of the day, but when comes mid-day or evening I get an insane crash both mentally and physically to the point where I can't really do much, don't know whether it's UH or me just nor baaibg able to recover fully.

PS. Got a nice mail today View attachment 212581
I don't think the benefits you feel when working out are placebo. You can basically feel Epiandro from the first dose.

The afternoon crash does not sound good. If it continues, maybe you need an extra day or two off from working out? Or even a deload week. Or if possible, you could try applying the UH twice a day. How are you sleeping? Do you have long periods of time without eating?

Nice looking mail there 😏 Ursa Major is awesome. I've yet to try b-aet, but many like it.

Naglish

Awards
I don't think the benefits you feel when working out are placebo. You can basically feel Epiandro from the first dose.

The afternoon crash does not sound good. If it continues, maybe you need an extra day or two off from working out? Or even a deload week. Or if possible, you could try applying the UH twice a day. How are you sleeping? Do you have long periods of time without eating?

Nice looking mail there Ursa Major is awesome. I've yet to try b-aet, but many like it.
By applying two times a day you mean divide application into morning and evening? The sleep is great, when I come home I literally turn off on my bed.

Gonna run Uras with Baet after this, so in approximately 3 month if I can do it right after this run and don't need a break
About eating, I try to eat right after my workout and then after around 4 hours, then only a protein shake in the late evening. A little snacking here and there as well, my will to eat clean ain't so strong

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
By applying two times a day you mean divide application into morning and evening? The sleep is great, when I come home I literally turn off on my bed.

Gonna run Uras with Baet after this, so in approximately 3 month if I can do it right after this run and don't need a break
About eating, I try to eat right after my workout and then after around 4 hours, then only a protein shake in the late evening. A little snacking here and there as well, my will to eat clean ain't so strong
Yes, that's what I meant with the UH application. If the crash is from UH, then twice a day dosing should help with that. It can be a bit of a burden to apply twice a day, but I've done that for several weeks, when running multiple transdermals.

You work out in the morning? How much time between your UH dosing and you taking a shower?

Yes, you can run Ursa and AET right after this run, if that was meant as a question. The AET could even be beneficial to run immediately after the UH together with the Sustain Alpha, since it controls cortisol and cortisol -can- spike after discontinuing hormonal products. I can't say if it's needed here or not, but maybe something to look into yourself.

By your description, you shouldn't be suffering from low blood sugar levels. That's why I asked about your eating.

Last edited:

Naglish

Awards
Yes, that's what I meant with the UH application. If the crash is from UH, then twice a day dosing should help with that. It can be a bit of a burden tocapply twice a day, but I've done that for several weeks, when running multiple transdermals.

You work out in the morning? How much time between your UH dosing and you taking a shower?

Yes, you can run Ursa and AET right after this run, if that was meant as a question. The AET could even be beneficial to your immediately after the UH, together with the Sustain Alpha, since it controls cortisol and cortisol -can- spike after discontinuing hormonal products. I can't say if it's needed here or not, but maybe something to look into yourself.

By your description, you shouldn't be suffering from low blood sugar levels. That's why I asked about your eating.
It's around 30 minutes between the end of my workout and after shower UH application.

If I may ask, what is it that you do the blood work about, I mean what are the positions you need to look at? Testosterone, cortisol, estrogen?

About AET together with sustain alpha, it sounds great, I mean the sooner I can run it the cooler, I'm all hyped up about it, so, haha

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's around 30 minutes between the end of my workout and after shower UH application.

If I may ask, what is it that you do the blood work about, I mean what are the positions you need to look at? Testosterone, cortisol, estrogen?

About AET together with sustain alpha, it sounds great, I mean the sooner I can run it the cooler, I'm all hyped up about it, so, haha
Okey, so you don't apply it before your workout, that's good imo. I was wondering if you apply it first thing in the morning, as many do, and then go to WO and shower the UH off too soon. But no problem with that then.

For hormonal blood test the typical things to check are Total testosterone, SHBG, Free testosterone and Estradiol (E2). The E2 test would be good to be sensitive or ultra sensitive test, if you can get it from the lab. The free test is usually calculated with the Total test and SHBG levels, but can be measured, if the lab offers it (Albumin levels also effects free T a little and it is not taken into account, when calculated from TT and SHBG).

Last edited:

Naglish

Awards
Okey, so you don't apply it before your workout, that's good imo. I was wondering if you apply it first thing in the morning, as many do, and then got WO and shower the UH off too soon. But no problem with that then.

For hormonal blood test the typical things to check are Total testosterone, SHBG, Free testosterone and Estradiol (E2). The E2 test would be good to be sensitive or ultra sensitive test, if you can get it from the lab. The free test is usually calculated with the Total test and SHBG levels, but can be measured, if the lab offers it (Albumin levels also effects free T a little and it is not taken into account, when calculated from TT and SHBG).
Okay, thank you, will take that into account

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Following along .. good luck on the run.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

PS. Got a nice mail today View attachment 212581
have you had estrogen checked lately? several people have reported getting estrogen estrogen crushed on epi and androsterone--this could be cause of afternoon 'crash'?

a lot of people like dermacrine as a test base when running something dry that doesn't convert to estrogen like Ultra Hard.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
have you had estrogen checked lately? several people have reported getting estrogen estrogen crushed on epi and androsterone--this could be cause of afternoon 'crash'?

a lot of people like dermacrine as a test base when running something dry that doesn't convert to estrogen like Ultra Hard.
This is good advice. Making sure your estrogen doesn’t crash is important and would aid in maintaining the cycle. It all depends on how your body reacts to these type of compounds.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

Good call. Didn't think of it.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed for support. But agree with what others have said here about <2000 cals for your weight being a bit surprising for maintenance. The low end you cited (1600) is what I use for a pretty good cut phase and I'm about 170# right now. When I am looking to gain, I'm upwards of 2200-2400 cals. So just take a look and try to track a bit more closely to see. Depending on your goals then you can flex up or down.