• First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Won gold in my class. But, couldn’t take on overall. I was small. Condition and posing, I did really good. I was peeled to the bone. But, the guy who won was 6ft 2 and had 45+ lbs on me.. so, judges went with mass instead of symmetry, presence, posing.. idk.. I just know that I did really well and thought I could pull off the overall as well.

Top 3 overall round.
IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

My weight class
IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

34508969-3722-4CFF-82D5-378ABD2237AE.jpg

Class win
5FF88134-A652-4BEE-9C4C-50923928F9C1.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A class win is something to be very proud of Congratulations !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man you blew away everyone in your class; that was no contest. I would be proud of standing out well in the top 3 overall! More size will come with time and effort. You already have the shape and posing to take you there, comparably.

Let’s go, March 1st! Keep your eyes on the prize brother. Rooting for you!!!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man you blew away everyone in your class; that was no contest. I would be proud of standing out well in the top 3 overall! More size will come with time and effort. You already have the shape and posing to take you there, comparably.

Let’s go, March 1st! Keep your eyes on the prize brother. Rooting for you!!!
Yup.. No way I an hung over that the guy won. He of course had the height and weight advantage..

My focus right now is (as you said) March 1st. Thanks Hyde.. I honestly had a lot of fun on stage when music posing came in..

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Posing, legs, conditioning. All hands down in your class. Well done!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We need a video of the posing routine !!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am sure there are better videos captured. Will share once I have them

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I am.. Got qualified for state on 1st March.. So, it will be better..
Nice! You looked good homie, you definitely dominated your class, wasn't even questionable. Go hit that March 1st contest and then take a nice long off season. An extra 10lbs on your frame we'll make a night and day difference.

For some reason I didn't get alerted to your thread update, I just happen to be wondering how you did and I found the thread while surfing the forum

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice! You looked good homie, you definitely dominated your class, wasn't even questionable. Go hit that March 1st contest and then take a nice long off season. An extra 10lbs on your frame we'll make a night and day difference.

For some reason I didn't get alerted to your thread update, I just happen to be wondering how you did and I found the thread while surfing the forum
Thanks my man.. The highlight of the entire day was my school friends who I haven’t seen in 20+yrs came to see me and wished me luck.. I broke down like a little biaatch right there.. lol..

Absolutely.. need that 10+lbs. I’ll be ending with my current coach my March end.. going to pay John Jewett’s J3 University some money and start learning.. Also, if I can land on a sponsor (some potential has come in since yesterday’s competition), I’ll start working with Justin Harris.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks my man.. The highlight of the entire day was my school friends who I haven’t seen in 20+yrs came to see me and wished me luck.. I broke down like a little biaatch right there.. lol..

Absolutely.. need that 10+lbs. I’ll be ending with my current coach my March end.. going to pay John Jewett’s J3 University some money and start learning.. Also, if I can land on a sponsor (some potential has come in since yesterday’s competition), I’ll start working with Justin Harris.
A good coach can put 10lbs a year of actual stage weight on his guys. Just make sure you get some good recover time. Gotta be healthy to grow

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I keep looking at the top 3 picture and I feel like if you had bigger arms you would have gotten the win.

I keep trying to look at everyone strong vs weak points and you have both of them beat everywhere except arms. Maybe the judges were putting a lot of weight on arms ?

You appear to be better condition and even tho there bigger guys, you have just as much if not more muscle relative to your height and frame.

Guy in the middle has big arms but he is not stage ready, legs and lower abs are soft. He looks like he's 6 weeks out and I'd bet his legs would dissapear if he was shredded.

The tall guy is decent but he needs a lot of muscle to fill out that frame.

Apparently it was a arms contest😑

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'd bet when your class came out they decided you won in the first 10 seconds, only you and 118 were probably in the conversation and your legs are about 20x better then his were

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@Smont @Rocket3015 @Hyde

Got some better comparison pics. I don’t think I lost to anyone on posing and presentation. I was the first one to get in pose and last one to get out of a pose.

Size wise, yes. But, I was much better conditioned and for my size, I looked good.

Many are now coming from the cracks saying this was all played out well before that who’s going to be the winner. Doesn’t bother me as long as I know, I did my best.
9b4aa424-062f-446a-8cc6-6132fd8de8e8.jpg

154bb5c4-69e6-45fa-9231-fd4a7b20d66f.jpg

683a1e62-18d3-492c-8886-aca989ad3f45.jpg

23928e02-8d49-46bf-b988-a44aa77bb2e0.jpg

dfffc167-6447-4331-b2fc-5e66b20ed185.jpg

56e980fe-50f6-49a2-a4f6-e04fa7fbf61e.jpg

36bbd693-2be9-49f2-8db1-93c6e00c72ec.jpg

e31cf8c5-e1d7-4d92-bd45-52df8e42a9d9.jpg

9443060a-c24b-4a09-8e2b-6f8576fa74a1.jpg

Attachments

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I mean.. I felt every pose was mine.. yes.. if it was an arm contest, I lose miserably.. but the guy who won overall was just completely out of shape.. at least the guy standing next to me had some shape..

I am not at all disappointed or annoyed that I didn’t win overall. But, I just have this feeling that the show was mine..

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think you look great and the more I look at these pic's the better you look. I believe you have the right attitude and you have a plan. You are a WINNER !!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Was #131 the winner? Because he was gym ripped, 6weeks out. Not bodybuilding stage ripped

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm at the gym right now and I'm pretty sure there's multiple ppl here leaner then #131

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That guy needed a ton more stage weight to fill his frame decently…
He was just fat.. huge controversy here on the decision. People saying that he paid $2000 (in INR) to the president of this bodybuilding association, who is also his coach.. so, this was already setup. I just don’t give a damn. Gonna do my thing and move on.

I need a long off-season.. lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
He was just fat.. huge controversy here on the decision. People saying that he paid $2000 (in INR) to the president of this bodybuilding association, who is also his coach.. so, this was already setup. I just don’t give a damn. Gonna do my thing and move on.

I need a long off-season.. lol
That’s horsecrap, but bodybuilding is a lot of politics they say.

Bring your best brother - one more time on the stage to show what you’ve got right now!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s horsecrap, but bodybuilding is a lot of politics they say.

Bring your best brother - one more time on the stage to show what you’ve got right now!
At small shows like this, stuff like this happens every time.. my aim is not these local shows for another 2yrs. Next year, I wanna do Sheru Classic and see if I have a chance in the big leagues..

Another 6hrs to show..

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
At small shows like this, stuff like this happens every time.. my aim is not these local shows for another 2yrs. Next year, I wanna do Sheru Classic and see if I have a chance in the big leagues..

Another 6hrs to show..
Go take a nap

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good Luck !!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Competition over. Got 5th in the state show.. not bad for a novice/rookie.. but, quite a few thought I should have got 3rd.. the guy who got 3rd had bad gyno too.. have a few videos.. will stitch it together and share for your feedback.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You look like a Winner to me. Nice Work !

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your posing in the video looks very smooth & professional, the smile you have also makes it look like you have been doing this for ever. Very nice work.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your posing in the video looks very smooth & professional, the smile you have also makes it look like you have been doing this for ever. Very nice work.
Thank you, sir.. I tried to work on every aspect of posing. Plus, I am completely calm on stage. I love the stage..
IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

IMG_0953.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0956.JPG

The guy in the center with gyno got 3rd
IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

This guy got 4th
IMG_0962.JPG

Attachments

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To close this thread and start a new off-season thread.

Today: full on disaster management and stress

I was supposed to leave a day early (28th Feb). But, the gym owner said, it’s just a 5hrs drive and we will start by 4AM on March 1st and reach by 9AM, weigh-in and then go on continue with carb loading and stuff. I call him in the evening, and he says he’s not coming. He’s sending his guy to help. So, I quickly booked a train.

Now fun begins:

The train is 3hrs late. Which cuts it really close to weigh-in cut off time. So, booked a bus. Started at 4AM and by the time I reached the destination, I was just exhausted sitting and not moving for almost 6hrs (Indian roads don’t help either. Potholes). I booked a hotel on the way. Got to the hotel and saw the rooms are fukn filthy. Got out started looking for places. Found a decent place after walking for 20mins (under the hot bloody sun). I check the weight and I am 1kg over my weight limit. Called up coach. He recommended Aldactone and walking. I said, I am not taking diuretic and doing this. So, I Carb’d up again and took a huge sh!t. Weight now 1.5kg lower than weight cut off. Went to the venue where I was asked to. Got there, and not even a single soul at that place. The gym guy gave the wrong address. The actual venue was 20mins drive from where I was.

Took a taxi and asked the driver to drive fast because I had only 30mins until weigh-in cut off. He drives at 15miles an hour (old driver). Reached the venue 5mins before cut off. Weigh-in done!

I head back to the hotel. The guy who came with me stays back at the venue to get my tan. I go back to the hotel and carb up again. All throughout my coach wanted me to eat very little because he didn’t want to take risk. I decided to eat a burger. Told him and had a chicken patty with extra cheese burger. Result was the check-in pics.. I was full like I never been before. Muscles popping..

Then, the guy at the venue keeps calling every 20mins asking me to come.. stressing me out. Told him to find out what is the sequence of events. That didn’t help. So, I left the hotel at 3PM. Got to the venue and understood they are nowhere close to bodybuilding. It was men’s physique, women’s body building, women’s physique and then bodybuilding.

Waited for another 4hrs and bodybuilding competition started at 7PM. Right when I am supposed to start tanning, I get to know the guy the gym owner sent along with me doesn’t know how to tan. This mofo has never done tanning for anyone.. now, I am in serious stress. All the work I have put in will be a hogwash if my tan was screwed. Thankfully, I knew some people from my nationals meet. Asked a friend who I met at nationals to tan me. The tan I got was a fake or diluted dream tan which only after applying we got to know. My tattoos were visible and tan was just not sitting well. Now, my stress is at peak. I didn’t say a word to anyone. Just asked my friend to help out. I start pumping up with just 10mins to stage, because, the guy who was with me didn’t collect my tag number or even inquire when at time my weight category was starting and apparently they have been calling my name to collect the tag since 30mins before stage.

Step on stage and you have the result.

Really sorry for the long story. But, I rather do it here than eat the gym guy’s fuckn head. Oh yeah, I asked him to take videos/pics. He took the most horrible videos one could take from an iPhone 13pro (mentioning the phone because even an idiot like me can take better videos than what he took).

Now, I am in the train heading back home. Looking forward to my rebound and off-season. Almost missed the train too because, the restaurant we went to got the food really late and it was cold. Sent it back and had to wait.

So.. to sum up this entire day and the thread. Though today was just disaster management, this past one year has been the best experience of my life..

I have learnt a lot about myself and people around me. I believe I now have a purpose in life.

It was about self discovery. I am glad that I went through all that stuff in my personal life (with my father) and my divorce (which got messy) and I still got here. I may cry in front of people who show me a shred of care. But, I know that am not weak when it comes to achieving what I have set to do. I am fukn driven and I’ll hustle and burst off any negativity in life. I have that strength in me.

I just want to say a big thank you to @Hyde @Rocket3015 @Smont You guys have been nothing but supportive. I fukn love you all for that.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you for sharing that story it reminds me of the old staying What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Strong !! Enjoy your down time.