My Cutting Journey with Test, Anavar, and Potential Add-Ons

Bon20

Awards
Welcome To My Cutting Cycle Log

I've decided to keep a log for my current cutting cycle, having previously completed a successful cycle with testosterone and Anavar, followed by PCT. I stayed clean for about a year before starting TRT.

Initially, I was on 125mg of TRT per week, but over the past 2-3 months, I've increased it to 150mg, along with HCG. This dosage seems ideal for me, balancing my mood and physical performance effectively.

This log is intended to allow others to follow my journey and provide their insights. One issue I faced in my last cycle was a reduction in my natural aggression, which affected my motivation to push myself in the gym and ability to handle challenging conversations. I also experienced some hair loss.

I engage in strength training four times a week and practice various martial arts, including Thai boxing, traditional boxing, a bit of MMA and BJJ. These complement my primary focus on Thai boxing and boxing, which I practice 4-5 times a week for 1-5 hours each session.

My goals are to shed some fat, maintain sufficient aggression and energy for martial arts, slightly increase my chest size, and prevent further hair loss.

In the past, I've cut without TRT and anabolics but often faced injuries. I'm hoping to avoid that this time.

My Cycle Plan:
  • 350mg of testosterone per week for 12 weeks
  • 30-40mg of Anavar from week 7 to 12
  • 250iu HCG EOD (considering 100-125iu ED)
For aromatase inhibition, I use Aromasin/Exemestane as needed and Nolvadex for any gynecomastia symptoms.

To combat hair loss, I plan to use Ketoconazole 1% and am exploring options for higher concentrations. I also intend to use topical Minoxidil and a derma roller.

In Scandinavia, where I'm based, I can get Ketoconazole at the pharmacy and Minoxidil via Amazon DE or UK.

Given my concern about hair loss and maximizing cycle benefits, I'm considering reducing Anavar to 30mg and adding Tbol or Ostarine.

Personal Bests:
  • Squat: 190 kg (418,9 lbs)
  • Deadlift: 210kg (462,9 lbs)
  • Bench Press: 105kg (231,5 lbs)
I've recovered from a shoulder injury and am ready to improve these numbers.

Personal Stats:
  • Height: 174cm (5,7 feet)
  • Weight: Approx. 174 lbs
Diet Plan:
  • 2500 calories max per day (likely 2000-2300)
  • 170-200g of protein
  • 40-80g of fat
  • Remaining calories from carbohydrates
Supplements:
  • Creatine: 5-6g per day
  • Fish Oil: 6g daily (1300mg DHA, 1800mg EPA)
  • Vitamin D3: 250mg
  • Vitamin K2: 180mcg
  • Vitamin C: 1500-2000mg
  • Calcium: 800-1200mg
  • Iron: 10-25mg
  • ZMA (planning to switch to Magnesium approx. 450mg)
  • Considering adding Biotin for hair health
I'm on the lookout for a quality, affordable multivitamin.

I'll be posting pictures and updates as I progress.

Attachments

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cool man, I’m in to follow your journey…. Looks like you’ve got a good plan laid out. I love it when guys include martial arts and boxing in their workouts. It’s always been some of the better workouts for cardio, for one because of the natural rise in hormones and energy from the competition of it, but also is just not boring like running and biking can be (although I do love mountain biking and trail riding). I got my black belt in Kenpo Karate back in 84, but started really enjoying Muay Thai and watching the UFC in the early 90s. One of my sons has his Brown belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu. There’s quite a few MMA guys and some that get into boxing on here as well. What does the rest of your workout look like?

sledge84

Awards
Not sure if you would need to add anything with your current goals. The cycle looks good as is. As far as Anavar. I've been using 50mg daily and haven't noticed any hair loss which I'm prone to unless it's fake. When I was in my early 20's I was an amateur boxer and yes. Boxing workouts plus heavy weight training can get you in excellent shape quick. On my last fight in 96, the Golden gloves in Los Angeles, I got in my best shape getting down to the 178lb limit keeping heavy lifting in the program. When I stepped on the scale the guy weighing yells out "we got a heavyweight!". Guess I looked bigger then I was. But then back at that time there was a rumor EAS was spiking their Phosphagain with roids. But I digress. I'll be following your progress.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
IL follow, I change my training accordingly to my goals which change every 4 minutes lol. But typically I lift in a powerbuilding style with lots of heavy bag work and boxing drills. A little wrestling and jujitsu. I haven't fought in years but I've been trying as of lately. Over the past 1.5 years I've cut 30+lbs for 3 different fights just to have opponents back out all 3 times for Injuries or just second guessing themselves I guess.

But over the course of the year the past few I've done bench press only comps, deadlift only comps. And lots of cutting ang gaining back and forth from 178lb class for boxing up to the 220lb class for strength comps.

Last cut I did on trt only and somehow it worked out to be my fastest transformation/cut in years. But typically on cycle is the way to cut.

Mild cycles like the one you listed 350 test and 30 anavar is perfect for this kind of training. If you go too high on doses the pumps make the fight training a bitch

Bon20

Awards
Cool man, I’m in to follow your journey…. Looks like you’ve got a good plan laid out. I love it when guys include martial arts and boxing in their workouts. It’s always been some of the better workouts for cardio, for one because of the natural rise in hormones and energy from the competition of it, but also is just not boring like running and biking can be (although I do love mountain biking and trail riding). I got my black belt in Kenpo Karate back in 84, but started really enjoying Muay Thai and watching the UFC in the early 90s. One of my sons has his Brown belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu. There’s quite a few MMA guys and some that get into boxing on here as well. What does the rest of your workout look like?
I think martial arts are excellent. They provide a significant energy boost and a kick to the body. It's impressive that your son has earned a brown belt in BJJ; achieving this is no small feat.

Regarding my fitness regime, I'm currently following the program we discussed during my bulking phase. It includes my traditional 5x5 routine and Chad Waterbury's 10x3 method, both of which complement my martial arts training well.

My weekly schedule looks like this:

Monday:
  • Overhead Press: 5x5
  • Bench Press: 10x3 (80-90% of my 5x5 capacity)
Tuesday:
  • Squats: 10x3 (80-90% of 5x5)
  • Romanian Deadlift: 3x5
  • Pendlay Row: 3x5
Thursday:
  • Bench Press: 5x5
  • Overhead Press: 10x3 (80-90% of 5x5)
Saturday:
  • Squat: 5x5
  • Deadlift: 1x5
I'm considering modifying the heavy squat routine, as it's quite challenging to do both heavy squats and deadlifts in one session. My approach to deadlifts involves doing singles and doubles, aiming for 10-30% above my 1x5 capacity, and concluding with a 1x5 set when time and energy allow.

Additionally, I incorporate assistance exercises as my schedule permits. Typically, I engage in dumbbell presses and similar activities post-martial arts training, or beforehand if my energy levels are high. I aim to conclude upper body days with the cable pec deck. Moving forward, my focus will be more on upper body development, as my legs don't require further size or strength enhancements.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think martial arts are excellent. They provide a significant energy boost and a kick to the body. It's impressive that your son has earned a brown belt in BJJ; achieving this is no small feat.

Regarding my fitness regime, I'm currently following the program we discussed during my bulking phase. It includes my traditional 5x5 routine and Chad Waterbury's 10x3 method, both of which complement my martial arts training well.

Monday:
Tuesday:
Thursday:
Saturday:
I'm considering modifying the heavy squat routine, as it's quite challenging to do both heavy squats and deadlifts in one session. My approach to deadlifts involves doing singles and doubles, aiming for 10-30% above my 1x5 capacity, and concluding with a 1x5 set when time and energy allow.

Additionally, I incorporate assistance exercises as my schedule permits. Typically, I engage in dumbbell presses and similar activities post-martial arts training, or beforehand if my energy levels are high. I aim to conclude upper body days with the cable pec deck. Moving forward, my focus will be more on upper body development, as my legs don't require further size or strength enhancements.
My only suggestion would be to add a few excessory exercises each day for a little volume and to stimulate muscle growth.

My workouts start off looking like yours but usually have 4 or 5 more exercises after the big lifts.

So after your heavy pressing add some db or machine Flys, maybe a high incline db press and something for triceps.

Chins rows and curls after deadlifts.

Stuff like that

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok I didn't see the end of your post about accessories.

Reason I'm bringing it up is because the internet is destroying everyone's progress with mentzer style less is more training. I've never seen anyone get respectable results on those super low volume routines "that mentzer didn't even do"

I thought maybe at first you were going with that minimal approach.

99% of ppl in the gym follow the main stream advice and 99% of ppl in the gym look likevits there first day. The other 1% that grind and keep working harder are usually thev1% with results

Bon20

Awards
Not sure if you would need to add anything with your current goals. The cycle looks good as is. As far as Anavar. I've been using 50mg daily and haven't noticed any hair loss which I'm prone to unless it's fake. When I was in my early 20's I was an amateur boxer and yes. Boxing workouts plus heavy weight training can get you in excellent shape quick. On my last fight in 96, the Golden gloves in Los Angeles, I got in my best shape getting down to the 178lb limit keeping heavy lifting in the program. When I stepped on the scale the guy weighing yells out "we got a heavyweight!". Guess I looked bigger then I was. But then back at that time there was a rumor EAS was spiking their Phosphagain with roids. But I digress. I'll be following your progress.
I understand what you're saying. Attached are pictures of my head. My hair has become significantly thinner. I had already experienced some hair loss before starting my cycle, which I believe was due to stress. However, during my bulk cycle, I lost a considerable amount more. That's why I'm concerned about potentially losing even more hair with a 50mg dose of Anavar.

To my knowledge, no one in my immediate family suffers from male pattern baldness. It's possible that I might be the only one. I'm hopeful that my hair can regrow with the aid of Ketoconazole and topical Minoxidil, along with using a derma roller.

Attachments

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Monday:
Tuesday:
Thursday:
Saturday:

Oh yeah man, I love Chad Waterbury’s 10x3 system with 4x6 (5x5 is good with it too) on accessory lifts…..it’s a really effective true power build system.👍

Bon20

Awards
Ok I didn't see the end of your post about accessories.

Reason I'm bringing it up is because the internet is destroying everyone's progress with mentzer style less is more training. I've never seen anyone get respectable results on those super low volume routines "that mentzer didn't even do"

I thought maybe at first you were going with that minimal approach.

99% of ppl in the gym follow the main stream advice and 99% of ppl in the gym look likevits there first day. The other 1% that grind and keep working harder are usually thev1% with results
I always make sure to include a variety of exercises and achieve the necessary volume in my workouts. However, I find that documenting them in detail can be stressful for me. To keep things interesting, I frequently change my accessory exercises. This aligns well with many of your suggestions. For instance, when I notice a plateau in my Deadlift, I increase the sets in my Romanian Deadlift.

I've been considering competing in a Thai boxing match. I'm thinking of participating in the weight class of 159.8-167.6 lbs. There are many skilled opponents in this weight class in my area, so I need to be well-prepared. Another option could be the 154.3-159.8 lbs weight class, which tends to have many vegan fighters. I've sparred with many of them at my club and they are generally easier opponents. However, when I was in the weight range of 149.9-158.7 lbs, I found myself more prone to injuries.

I perform best and feel great at a weight range of around 158.7-163.1 lbs. Currently, I am comfortable with my weight. But, I'm curious to see where my weight will settle after this cutting cycle.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I try to keep my acessories or volume work semi consist so i can make sure im getting more sets, reps or weight over time but i do make swaps here and there. I have modified workouts for when im short on time too. Sorry i get wrapped up in stuff sometimes so let me know if i start beating a dead horse lol

JTS22

Awards
Hey I’m following. Lot of guys that train in here 🤗

I’m kinda the opposite. Trained/fought for 20 years, now I’m chasing size and strength and cut back significantly on my training as a result

sledge84

Awards
I understand what you're saying. Attached are pictures of my head. My hair has become significantly thinner. I had already experienced some hair loss before starting my cycle, which I believe was due to stress. However, during my bulk cycle, I lost a considerable amount more. That's why I'm concerned about potentially losing even more hair with a 50mg dose of Anavar.

To my knowledge, no one in my immediate family suffers from male pattern baldness. It's possible that I might be the only one. I'm hopeful that my hair can regrow with the aid of Ketoconazole and topical Minoxidil, along with using a derma roller.
I've been using Finasteride and Minoxidil topically the last 5-6 months. Not sure I'm seeing any more growth but definitely not losing any more. I prefer topical to oral to keep sides to a minimum. Let us know how the ketoconazole works out for you.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I wish i had a solution for the hair thing. Nothing seems to dramaticly effect my hair. Im not very superficial and i actually dont mind the bald look but my head is not shaped for it i dont think. If my hair ever starts to go im starting a transplant fund or im gonna start running 3 gram cycle and try to get massive. I feel like the more jacked yiu are the better a bald head looks 🤷‍♂️

Bon20

Awards
Week 1 30/10-2023

Here's a brief update about last week, which marked the beginning of my cutting cycle on Monday. While I can't remember every detail, here's an overview.

To minimize side effects, I've been administering 50mg of testosterone daily, totaling 350mg per week. By Friday, I noticed some oily skin and slight facial swelling (moon face), prompting me to take approximately 6.25mg of AI.

I've been actively engaged in various forms of martial arts training throughout the week, including Thai boxing, Boxing, MMA, and BJJ. However, Wednesday proved to be particularly strenuous. After completing an hour each of MMA and BJJ, I pushed myself through roughly an hour and a half of intense boxing, focusing heavily on cardio and conditioning. This left me feeling significantly drained of energy on Thursday, and although I recovered somewhat by Friday, I wasn't at my usual energy level.

In light of this, I'm considering either skipping boxing on Wednesdays, reducing the intensity of my other workouts on that day, or switching to an hour and a half of Thai boxing instead.

Another issue I faced was a mild knee problem, likely caused by squats where I noticed my knees were shaky. The discomfort was quite noticeable.

The week wrapped up with an hour of kickboxing and an hour of Thai boxing sparring on Friday. Overall, it was a successful start to my cutting cycle, ending on a high note.

Bon20

Awards
Monday 6/11-2023 A description of my day and meals this Monday.

I considered frontloading my testosterone this week (week 2 of my cycle), but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. Regardless, I started with it today.

It's a bit challenging to determine the correct dosage at this stage of the cycle. So, this morning, I injected myself with 100mg and planned to refine my cycle strategy later in the day, adjusting the doses for the upcoming days accordingly. My regimen for today was:
  • 100mg Test C in the morning
  • 250iu HCG late at night
Meal Plan:
  • Morning/pre-workout meal:
    • 30g protein powder
    • 60g warm oatmeal
  • Post-workout:
    • 1 banana
    • 30g protein powder
  • Lunch:
    • 210g pita bread
    • 200g cod roe
I usually have a snack before evening sports activities but didn't have time for it today.
  • Between MMA and boxing training:
    • 25g wine gums
  • Quick snack after martial arts training, before dinner:
    • 1 banana
  • Dinner:
    • 500g raw weight of spinach, cauliflower, and scallion curry
    • 100g chicken
  • Late-night snack:
    • 30g protein powder
    • 60g warm oatmeal
Total Nutritional Intake:
  • 176g protein
  • 284g carbohydrates
  • 42g fat
  • Total: 2264 KCAL
I feel the diet today wasn't quite optimal. I need a bit more fat and better carbohydrate distribution. However, I had enough energy for my activities.

Strength Training:
  • Overhead Press: 108.0 lbs, 5x5
  • Bench Press: 143.3 lbs, 10x3, and a back-off set with 132.3 lbs for 12 reps
  • Incline Dumbbell Press: 70.5 lbs for 8 reps, then 66.1 lbs for 8 reps
Evening Martial Arts Training:
  • 1 hour of MMA
  • 1 hour and 30 minutes of boxing
Overall, it was a somewhat dull day.
I've been experiencing oily skin and facial swelling (moon face), and I've felt impatient and eager to finish workouts quickly. I'm clearly showing some symptoms, but I'm trying to see if I can wait until Wednesday to take the AI. I'll assess my condition tomorrow. If I have very oily skin, facial swelling, and a strange feeling, I'll take my AI tomorrow.

Bon20

Awards
Tuesday 7/11-2023 Reflections on day two of the week, including diet adjustments.

I began the day with 80mg of testosterone, which I plan to continue for the rest of the week, reducing back to 50mg daily starting next Monday. This is my approach to frontloading under the current circumstances.

Meal Plan:
  • Morning/Pre-workout meal:
    • 30g protein powder
    • 60g warm oatmeal
  • Post-workout:
    • 1 banana
    • 30g protein powder
  • Lunch:
    • 210g pita bread
    • 200g cod roe
  • Pre-evening sports activity snack:
    • 40g almonds
  • Dinner:
    • 500g raw weight of spinach, cauliflower, and carrot stew
    • 100g chicken
  • Late-night snack:
    • 30g protein powder
    • 60g warm oatmeal
  • 176g protein
  • 236g carbohydrates
  • 58g fat
  • Total: 2224 KCAL
I need to find better sources of fat in my diet. Almonds don't seem to provide much physical or mental energy for long durations. Mayonnaise and olive oil work better for me. I plan to buy some canned sardines and herring tomorrow. Although I prefer them in oil, I am skeptical about their nutritional content and will try to find versions in water. I'll reserve the oil-packed ones for days with intense evening workouts.

Strength Training:
  • Squats: 176.4 lbs, 10x3 (considering increasing the weight significantly)
  • RDL: 187.4 lbs, 5x5
  • Pendlay Row: 143.3 lbs, 5x5
  • Cable Rows: 341.7 lbs, 3x15
  • Standing EZ Bar Curls: 48.5 lbs for 12, 10, and 10 reps
  • 1 hour of Thai boxing (found it rather uneventful, lacking in technique and cardio)
Today, I still experienced oily skin and facial swelling. However, the swelling was slightly less during the day. Mentally, I felt better, less impatient, and without the strange headache-like sensation from yesterday.

I was motivated for strength training but rushed through it, skipping extra exercises I had wanted to do.

The Thai boxing session was boring, and I forgot my shin guards. We did a drill involving kicking and blocking, and without guards, my shins hurt. I've noticed this happens when I'm in a significant calorie deficit, so I need to monitor my calorie intake to avoid injures.

Looking ahead to Wednesday, I'm still undecided about taking my AI. I understand estrogen is highly anabolic, so I'll reassess tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'm sensitive, but I've noticed some things bothering me that I usually handle with ease on my TRT dose.

Apart from the Thai boxing, it was a good day. I'm excited for tomorrow: 1 hour of MMA and 1 hour and 30 minutes of Thai boxing. I'm skipping BJJ to focus more on Thai boxing and boxing for now.

Tomorrow is a rest day from strength training, but I hope to fit in some bicep exercises.

Last edited:

Bon20

Awards
Next week, I'll be visiting my supplier to pick up some testosterone. That's when I'll decide if I need to add anything else to my regimen.

Originally, my plan was to run just 350mg of testosterone and 30-40mg of Anavar. I've ruled out oysters due to their high cost, which doesn't seem worthwhile for cutting purposes.

However, I've been experiencing knee pain, particularly when stressed by activities like frequent jumping or delivering knees on pads during Thai boxing. Additionally, I've sustained a couple of hits to the knee—one direct kick and another during MMA sparring.

The pain is noticeable today, indicating that my knees have become quite sensitive. I've read about Ostarine potentially being beneficial, but finding reliable information has been a challenge. The cost of 30ml at 30mg is significantly higher than twice the amount of 10ml at 250mg of testosterone, leading me to question its worth initially. Despite this, I'm still contemplating adding it to my cycle.

After this cycle and an appropriate break, I'm considering starting a cycle with testosterone and Boldenone Undecylenate (Equipoise) to address my knee issues. There's still some time to go, which gives me plenty of opportunities to assess if this is a wise choice.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tuesday 7/11-2023 Reflections on day two of the week, including diet adjustments.

I began the day with 80mg of testosterone, which I plan to continue for the rest of the week, reducing back to 50mg daily starting next Monday. This is my approach to frontloading under the current circumstances.

Meal Plan:
  • Morning/Pre-workout meal:
    • 30g protein powder
    • 60g warm oatmeal
  • Post-workout:
    • 1 banana
    • 30g protein powder
  • Lunch:
    • 210g pita bread
    • 200g cod roe
  • Pre-evening sports activity snack:
    • 40g almonds
  • Dinner:
    • 500g raw weight of spinach, cauliflower, and carrot stew
    • 100g chicken
  • Late-night snack:
    • 30g protein powder
    • 60g warm oatmeal
  • 176g protein
  • 236g carbohydrates
  • 58g fat
  • Total: 2224 KCAL
I need to find better sources of fat in my diet. Almonds don't seem to provide much physical or mental energy for long durations. Mayonnaise and olive oil work better for me. I plan to buy some canned sardines and herring tomorrow. Although I prefer them in oil, I am skeptical about their nutritional content and will try to find versions in water. I'll reserve the oil-packed ones for days with intense evening workouts.

Strength Training:
  • Squats: 176.4 lbs, 10x3 (considering increasing the weight significantly)
  • RDL: 187.4 lbs, 5x5
  • Pendlay Row: 143.3 lbs, 5x5
  • Cable Rows: 341.7 lbs, 3x15
  • Standing EZ Bar Curls: 48.5 lbs for 12, 10, and 10 reps
  • 1 hour of Thai boxing (found it rather uneventful, lacking in technique and cardio)
Today, I still experienced oily skin and facial swelling. However, the swelling was slightly less during the day. Mentally, I felt better, less impatient, and without the strange headache-like sensation from yesterday.

I was motivated for strength training but rushed through it, skipping extra exercises I had wanted to do.

The Thai boxing session was boring, and I forgot my shin guards. We did a drill involving kicking and blocking, and without guards, my shins hurt. I've noticed this happens when I'm in a significant calorie deficit, so I need to monitor my calorie intake to avoid injures.

Looking ahead to Wednesday, I'm still undecided about taking my AI. I understand estrogen is highly anabolic, so I'll reassess tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'm sensitive, but I've noticed some things bothering me that I usually handle with ease on my TRT dose.

Apart from the Thai boxing, it was a good day. I'm excited for tomorrow: 1 hour of MMA and 1 hour and 30 minutes of Thai boxing. I'm skipping BJJ to focus more on Thai boxing and boxing for now.

Tomorrow is a rest day from strength training, but I hope to fit in some bicep exercises.
You may want to hold off on your AI because like you said, estrogen being up a little is not always a bad thing, and helps build muscle and provide some cushion for joints. Unless you’re seeing a lot of high estrogen symptoms like water weight and maybe itchy nips. You could also add Mast to your cycle, great on a cut, and has AI type effects. You just have to be careful if you run it higher than Test, because it can dry you out.
Next week, I'll be visiting my supplier to pick up some testosterone. That's when I'll decide if I need to add anything else to my regimen.

Originally, my plan was to run just 350mg of testosterone and 30-40mg of Anavar. I've ruled out oysters due to their high cost, which doesn't seem worthwhile for cutting purposes.

However, I've been experiencing knee pain, particularly when stressed by activities like frequent jumping or delivering knees on pads during Thai boxing. Additionally, I've sustained a couple of hits to the knee—one direct kick and another during MMA sparring.

The pain is noticeable today, indicating that my knees have become quite sensitive. I've read about Ostarine potentially being beneficial, but finding reliable information has been a challenge. The cost of 30ml at 30mg is significantly higher than twice the amount of 10ml at 250mg of testosterone, leading me to question its worth initially. Despite this, I'm still contemplating adding it to my cycle.

After this cycle and an appropriate break, I'm considering starting a cycle with testosterone and Boldenone Undecylenate (Equipoise) to address my knee issues. There's still some time to go, which gives me plenty of opportunities to assess if this is a wise choice.
If you have the funds and can source HGH, adding 2-3 IU is great in any cycle but especially a cut, and it really helps in healing some of those aches and pains.

Bon20

Awards
You may want to hold off on your AI because like you said, estrogen being up a little is not always a bad thing, and helps build muscle and provide some cushion for joints. Unless you’re seeing a lot of high estrogen symptoms like water weight and maybe itchy nips. You could also add Mast to your cycle, great on a cut, and has AI type effects. You just have to be careful if you run it higher than Test, because it can dry you out.

If you have the funds and can source HGH, adding 2-3 IU is great in any cycle but especially a cut, and it really helps in healing some of those aches and pains.
Okay, I've already taken 12.5mg. I experienced a lot of water retention, but no itchy nipples. However, you can still see the swelling in my face; it's quite noticeable. One of the guys at the gym noticed it too, but he was nice about it and didn't say anything.

For the future, should I wait until I experience itchy nipples before taking any action?

The 90iu I'm looking at costs $315, and it's premixed. I'm not entirely confident about its potency. I'm planning to check with another supplier I know. He recently introduced a new brand, and their HGH comes in a powder form that you mix yourself.

I've considered Masteron several times, but I've heard it can be really tough on hair. I've read about its side effects on the Masteron profile, and it seems to be quite harsh on hair. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to it here.

Bon20

Awards
Wednesday 8/11-2023: Description of Day 3 of the Week

I started the day continuing with 80mg of testosterone and plan to reduce it back to 50mg on Monday.

Morning Regimen:

• 80mg Test C
  • 12.5mg AI with breakfast, plus 7g of fish oil
  • 250iu HCG in the evening
Meal Plan:

• Morning:
    • 30g protein powder
    • 60g warm oatmeal (30g oats and 30g rye flakes)
  • Lunch:
    • 150g raw weight polenta (cooked into porridge)
    • 130g herring in water
    • 50g herring in oil
  • Between MMA and Boxing Training:
    • 25g wine gums
    • 15g protein powder
  • Quick Snack after Martial Arts Training, Before Dinner:
    • 15g protein powder
  • Dinner:
    • 500g raw weight spinach, cauliflower, and carrot stew
    • 110g tuna
  • Late-Night Snack:
    • 60g protein powder
    • 50g warm oatmeal

• 182g protein
  • 242g carbohydrates
  • 65g fat
  • Total: 2319 KCAL
I find the herring in oil to be a good fat source. I'll continue to try it for a few more days to fully assess its energy contribution.

Strength Training: No strength training was done today.

• 1 hour of MMA
  • 1 hour and 30 minutes of Thai boxing
Today's training, including both MMA and Thai boxing, was totally kickass. We had a brief sparring session of around 15 minutes, along with excellent exercises and a solid heart rate. During Thai boxing, I could feel the effects of the hour of MMA. Next time, I plan to have more wine gums or a banana between the two workouts. Still, I think my energy levels were good; I had to keep pushing my training partner who was quite exhausted.

I took 12.5mg of AI today due to noticeable bloating, which has slightly improved. Following gphagan1's suggestion, I will be more cautious with it. I'm hopeful that things will stabilize in the coming weeks.

I've ordered new protein powder today and filled my Amazon cart with Tudca, NAC, Biotin, Minoxidil, etc. I'm excited to receive them. Tudca and NAC are quite pricey, I think.

That's all for today.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Okay, I've already taken 12.5mg. I experienced a lot of water retention, but no itchy nipples. However, you can still see the swelling in my face; it's quite noticeable. One of the guys at the gym noticed it too, but he was nice about it and didn't say anything.

For the future, should I wait until I experience itchy nipples before taking any action?

The 90iu I'm looking at costs $315, and it's premixed. I'm not entirely confident about its potency. I'm planning to check with another supplier I know. He recently introduced a new brand, and their HGH comes in a powder form that you mix yourself.

I've considered Masteron several times, but I've heard it can be really tough on hair. I've read about its side effects on the Masteron profile, and it seems to be quite harsh on hair. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to it here.
Probably because you’re running HCG as well as Test your estrogen may be a little elevated. You could opt to remove the HCG from your cycle until the end, that should help and then reintroduce when you go back to TRT dose. Your boys should plump back up with HCG at the end. As far as your AI, if holding off on HCG helps the bloat, I wouldn’t automatically take the AI, just if you experience more symptoms. It’s kind of tough to know without blood work and every guy is different. I sent you a PM on HGH.
Yeah, Mast can have an effect on hair loss if you’re predisposed. You could probably go the EQ route for another injectable that seems to have AI type effects on some, not quite like Mast or Primo. Just keep an eye on elevated blood count on EQ, and give blood when it goes up.

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
Forget ostarine, it's crap. Increase anavar if you want more orals I'm the mix. For joints don't bring your estrogen low. Keep it at mid to high level. Growth hormone has great benefits for joints. TB 500 and bpc 157 do as well.

Bon20

Awards
Tuesday, November 7, 2023 - Thursday, November 9, 2023

I began the day with an 80mg dose of testosterone and proceeded to my training session. I left home slightly late and had to run a few errands en route to my strength training.
Testosterone Intake:

• 80mg
Meal Plan:
  • Morning/Pre-workout Meal:
    • 30g protein powder
    • 60g warm oatmeal
  • Post-Workout:
    • 1 banana
    • 30g protein powder
  • Lunch:
    • 120g couscous (raw weight)
    • 100g cod roe
    • 80g herring in oil
  • Pre-Evening Sports Activity Snack:
    • None today
  • Dinner:
    • 500g spinach, scallions, and Chinese radish stew (raw weight)
    • 110g tuna in water
  • Late-Night Snack:
    • 50g protein powder
    • 70g warm oatmeal
  • 176g protein
  • 211g carbohydrates
  • 62g fat
  • Total: 2164 kcal
Today, my energy levels were high. However, I think I could improve the distribution of my calorie intake. I forgot to purchase bananas, and the ones available at the gym were too unripe for my taste.

Strength Training:
  • Bench Press: 165.3 lbs for 5 sets of 5 reps
  • Backoff set bench press: 154.3 lbs for 1 set of 12 reps
  • Overhead Press: 92.6 lbs for 10 sets of 3 reps
  • Backoff set overhead press: 88.2 lbs for 1 set of 12 reps
  • Seated cable pec fly:
    • 79.3 lbs for 15 reps
    • 99.2 lbs for 11 reps
    • 79.3 lbs for 12 reps
  • Seated cable pec fly (incline): 79.3 lbs for 11 reps
  • Seated cable pec fly (decline): 79.3 lbs for 11 reps
  • 1 hour of Thai boxing
I'm experiencing some swelling, but it's manageable. I'm sweating profusely, yet I feel fine overall.

I departed late for strength training today, needing to attend to some practical matters on the way. I could have continued my workout, but I stopped to prevent mental exhaustion.

The testosterone seems to be making a difference, perhaps not just a placebo effect. The bench press and overhead press were easier than usual. I could have increased the weight, but I chose to complete my sets without failing.

For the bench press and overhead press, I usually increase the weight by 4.4 lbs. Next week, I plan to add more weight than usual. Regarding the cable pec fly, I need to focus more on squeezing; the contraction wasn't as strong as I would have liked. Someone at the gym excels at this, so I'll ask for their assistance.

The Thai boxing session was energetic with excellent drills, although my partner seemed too focused on techniques seen on YouTube. This approach isn't effective, especially during our joint sparring on Fridays, as they find that these tricks don't work well or only on complete beginners.

There's a woman I was considering pursuing, but she seems passive and is well-acquainted with the other ladies, which could lead to gossip, especially since I have a date lined up with someone else.

I had planned to attend boxing tomorrow, but I'm considering skipping it, but I will ensure I box at least once a week. Overall, it was a positive day, but I realize the importance of balancing time inside and outside the gym.

Bon20

Awards
Probably because you’re running HCG as well as Test your estrogen may be a little elevated. You could opt to remove the HCG from your cycle until the end, that should help and then reintroduce when you go back to TRT dose. Your boys should plump back up with HCG at the end. As far as your AI, if holding off on HCG helps the bloat, I wouldn’t automatically take the AI, just if you experience more symptoms. It’s kind of tough to know without blood work and every guy is different. I sent you a PM on HGH.
Yeah, Mast can have an effect on hair loss if you’re predisposed. You could probably go the EQ route for another injectable that seems to have AI type effects on some, not quite like Mast or Primo. Just keep an eye on elevated blood count on EQ, and give blood when it goes up.
I'm waiting a few weeks to decide whether I should discontinue HCG or if I need to take a smaller dose, but more frequently—possibly daily. It’s not particularly pleasant during intimate moments with a woman when there's a lack of... substance. While on TRT, I completely overlooked HCG, which led to some effortful experiences. I'd prefer to avoid that in the future😅😂

As for the AI, I'm holding off for now. I'm still dealing with bloating, but you're right about my joints in my feet and wrists are feeling great. They don't feel burdened as they sometimes do after many hours of training.

Regarding the next cycle, I believe it's too late to introduce EQ at this point. If not, I'll contact my UGL contact first thing tomorrow to obtain what I need.

Bon20

Awards
Forget ostarine, it's crap. Increase anavar if you want more orals I'm the mix. For joints don't bring your estrogen low. Keep it at mid to high level. Growth hormone has great benefits for joints. TB 500 and bpc 157 do as well.
I'm not well-informed about Ostarine; the available information seems to be of low quality. However, I've come across accounts where people say their joint health improved while using it.

I've looked into TB-500 and BPC-157 before, and it's challenging to determine if these peptides truly aid people or if improvements result from natural healing over time, perhaps in conjunction with physiotherapy. At approximately $100 for 10mg, the cost would be $200 for both peptides. Considering the dosage I believe to be effective is 0.500mg daily, it's quite expensive for something that may or may not work at all..

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, a lot of times guys don’t necessarily feel Test working, but start seeing the quicker progression in the gym, and then they start to realize they actually are feeling better overall because of the elevated Test, and many won’t see a huge libido spike but notice gradual changes. That’s probably what you’re starting to experience in the gym and with the ladies. Believe me I understand if your boys start to shrink that getting in your head and needing a little boost from HCG. I guess I’m fortunate that Test doesn’t hit my boys too hard. I’ve been married for almost 30 years, so I’ve been out of the dating game for a while, but you should consider Cialis. Obviously it helps with libido when it’s time to “perform”, but it also helps with blood pressure and even to some extent better pumps in the gym.
As far as Osterine, I consider it more a Sarm for females. Most men just don’t get that much out of it, and it can hit lipids just like steroids, just not worth it. As far as TB 500 and BPC 157, they are great healing peptides, but they don’t really provide any performance boost outside of helping with injuries. They definitely work though for helping with soft tissue injuries, joints, ligaments and tendons. I’ve not used TB 500 as much, but BPC 157 for pulls, strains, and tears. I’m 59 and with that comes the obvious chance of more aches, pain, and injuries, but I have used it numerous times to speed healing. If you’re not really dealing with any type of pull, strain or injury though you could just get some BPC to shelf and not use until needed for some added insurance.

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
I'm not well-informed about Ostarine; the available information seems to be of low quality. However, I've come across accounts where people say their joint health improved while using it.

I've looked into TB-500 and BPC-157 before, and it's challenging to determine if these peptides truly aid people or if improvements result from natural healing over time, perhaps in conjunction with physiotherapy. At approximately $100 for 10mg, the cost would be $200 for both peptides. Considering the dosage I believe to be effective is 0.500mg daily, it's quite expensive for something that may or may not work at all..
I can only speak for myself but using GH, bpc, and TB run together have healed joint injuries for me. I plan to run theses together twice a year for 8 weeks for general healing and joint health. Sourcing is not allowed here but much better pricing than that is out there. Recently I got 10mg TB for $14 a vial and 10mg BPC for $5.5 per vial. Just have to search and find the right source. The vials are tested and legit as well.

Bon20

Awards
friday 10/11-2023:
Day 5 of week 2. I was too tired and worn out to update yesterday.

I continued with 80mg of testosterone and plan to reduce it back to 50mg starting Monday.

Morning Regimen:
  • 80mg Test C
  • 250iu HCG in the evening
Meal Plan:
  • Late Morning/Lunch:
    • 90g warm oatmeal (60g oats and 30g rye flakes)
    • 3 eggs
    • 100g cod roe
  • Pre-Evening Sports Activity Snack:
    • 30g protein powder
    • 1 small vegan banana
  • Between Thai Boxing and Sparring:
    • 13g wine gums
  • Quick Snack after Martial Arts Training, Before Dinner:
    • 30g protein powder
    • 1 small banana
  • Dinner:
    • 500g raw weight scallion, cauliflower, and carrot stew
    • 200g cod roe
    • 100g raw weight rice
  • Late Night Snack:
    • 40g protein powder
    • 50g warm oatmeal
  • 176g protein
  • 248g carbohydrates
  • 50g fat
  • Total: 2179 KCAL
The day's meals weren't optimal. I ran out of protein powder and had to wait for a delivery. I also didn’t eat enough before evening training.

Strength Training: No strength training today.

• 1 hour of Thai boxing
  • 1 hour of Thai boxing sparring
I didn't distribute my meals well, and it affected my energy during evening training. I had plenty of energy for Thai boxing, but it dropped during sparring. I performed better than most, but I believe eating more would have helped. Next time, I might make a drink with 15g maltodextrin to sip during sparring or intense training.

The training itself was enjoyable. My partner and I practiced some good techniques and maintained a good flow. For sparring, despite a drop in energy, I found it not challenging enough and had fun sparring with others. Most are MMA enthusiasts, so they are often surprised by the effectiveness of Thai boxing. I tend to be gentle and playful, not hitting hard.

However, my ankles were quite sore after training and the next day. This might indicate they are getting stronger, but it also reflects the intense training this week. I need to focus more on my fat intake. Next week, I plan to try drinking coffee with coconut oil or butter about 1 hour and 30 minutes before training to see if it makes a difference. On Sunday, I will spend some time researching fats and different types of fats.

Overall, Friday was busy but good.

Bon20

Awards
Saturday 11/11-2023: Day 6 of week 2

I continued with 80mg of testosterone and plan to reduce it back to 50mg on Monday.

Morning Regimen:
  • 80mg Test C
Meal Plan:
  • Morning:
    • 70g warm oatmeal
    • 30g protein
    • 1 soft-boiled egg
  • Post-Workout:
    • 1 large banana
    • 30g protein powder
    • 2 soft-boiled eggs
  • Late Breakfast/Afternoon Meal:
    • 500g raw weight spinach, broccoli, and carrot stew
    • 180g beef tartare
    • 120g raw weight couscous
  • Late Night Snack:
    • 60g protein powder
    • 60g warm oatmeal
  • 187g protein
  • 222g carbohydrates
  • 50g fat
  • Total: 2115 KCAL
The day's meals weren't optimal. I ran out of protein powder and had to wait for a delivery. Additionally, I didn’t eat enough before evening training.

Strength Training:
  • Squats: 5x5 at 246.9 lbs
  • Deadlift: 1x5 at 374.8 lbs
  • Standing EZ Bar Curls: 79.5 lbs for 11 reps, then 2 sets of 48.5 lbs for 12 reps, followed by 2 sets of 48.5 lbs for 10 reps
  • Cable Tricep Push Down: 200 lbs for 20 reps, then 240.3 lbs for 13, 12, and 11 reps
  • No combat sports today
It was a relatively quiet training day. I had to motivate myself at the gym, particularly for the 5x5 squats, but it went well and felt lighter than usual. I'm a bit deconditioned but making progress. I was eager to do deadlifts, especially after last Saturday when I couldn't complete 5 reps of 374.8 lbs and managed only 3.

I don’t feel as puffy now, and the moon face has subsided. There’s a little fluid retention on my face, but it's minimal.

I've attached pictures, though I'm unsure if there's any noticeable change. I don’t fully trust the scale right now and haven’t weighed myself recently. I've noticed some loose skin around my stomach and on my back thighs. It’s not a major concern as I have a plan to address it using microneedling, which I'll elaborate on later.

Overall, it was a good day.

Attachments

Bon20

Awards
Yeah, a lot of times guys don’t necessarily feel Test working, but start seeing the quicker progression in the gym, and then they start to realize they actually are feeling better overall because of the elevated Test, and many won’t see a huge libido spike but notice gradual changes. That’s probably what you’re starting to experience in the gym and with the ladies. Believe me I understand if your boys start to shrink that getting in your head and needing a little boost from HCG. I guess I’m fortunate that Test doesn’t hit my boys too hard. I’ve been married for almost 30 years, so I’ve been out of the dating game for a while, but you should consider Cialis. Obviously it helps with libido when it’s time to “perform”, but it also helps with blood pressure and even to some extent better pumps in the gym.
As far as Osterine, I consider it more a Sarm for females. Most men just don’t get that much out of it, and it can hit lipids just like steroids, just not worth it. As far as TB 500 and BPC 157, they are great healing peptides, but they don’t really provide any performance boost outside of helping with injuries. They definitely work though for helping with soft tissue injuries, joints, ligaments and tendons. I’ve not used TB 500 as much, but BPC 157 for pulls, strains, and tears. I’m 59 and with that comes the obvious chance of more aches, pain, and injuries, but I have used it numerous times to speed healing. If you’re not really dealing with any type of pull, strain or injury though you could just get some BPC to shelf and not use until needed for some added insurance.
I must say, being back in the dating scene isn't always enjoyable. It's much more comforting to have a partner to come home to, especially given how unique modern dating can be.

From my last experience, I always keep Cialis handy, including one in my gym bag. Once, when I ran out of pre-workout, I tried using Cialis instead. I think I took a bit too much, as I nearly passed out. I haven’t done that since.

Lately, I’ve been reevaluating things. I'm no longer as concerned about hair loss. I'm fairly confident I can maintain most of my hair during this cycle and likely regrow it within a year at most. My internet research suggests many people successfully regrow hair with microneedling, both with and without Minoxidil. My hair loss is probably stress-related.

Therefore, I'm considering increasing my Anavar dosage, but I want to ensure it doesn't affect my ability to participate in combat sports.

Another question I have is whether It is possible to add EQ to my current cycle, or wait until the next cycle.

As for Masteron, I’m hesitant to try it since it's a synthetic form of DHT. Finasteride won't help minimize hair loss in this case, and Minoxidil might not be effective either. So, I'll postpone using Masteron until I've successfully regrown hair.

I've decided to try TB 500 and BPC 157 and to forget about Ostarine for now.

Bon20

Awards
I can only speak for myself but using GH, bpc, and TB run together have healed joint injuries for me. I plan to run theses together twice a year for 8 weeks for general healing and joint health. Sourcing is not allowed here but much better pricing than that is out there. Recently I got 10mg TB for $14 a vial and 10mg BPC for $5.5 per vial. Just have to search and find the right source. The vials are tested and legit as well.
The prices available are quite low. I reside in one of the Scandinavian countries in Europe, where obtaining such items is challenging. Our mail is frequently scrutinized, especially for orders from Holland, Poland, and now Germany. If the customs intercepts these items, they issue a warning and confiscate the goods.

Finding a reliable source within the EU that ships to Scandinavia is tough. I've come across some EU-based companies that sell peptides, but their prices were significantly higher than what you've mentioned, and there was no solid guarantee of authenticity beyond their own lab tests.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I must say, being back in the dating scene isn't always enjoyable. It's much more comforting to have a partner to come home to, especially given how unique modern dating can be.

From my last experience, I always keep Cialis handy, including one in my gym bag. Once, when I ran out of pre-workout, I tried using Cialis instead. I think I took a bit too much, as I nearly passed out. I haven’t done that since.

Lately, I’ve been reevaluating things. I'm no longer as concerned about hair loss. I'm fairly confident I can maintain most of my hair during this cycle and likely regrow it within a year at most. My internet research suggests many people successfully regrow hair with microneedling, both with and without Minoxidil. My hair loss is probably stress-related.

Therefore, I'm considering increasing my Anavar dosage, but I want to ensure it doesn't affect my ability to participate in combat sports.

Another question I have is whether It is possible to add EQ to my current cycle, or wait until the next cycle.

As for Masteron, I’m hesitant to try it since it's a synthetic form of DHT. Finasteride won't help minimize hair loss in this case, and Minoxidil might not be effective either. So, I'll postpone using Masteron until I've successfully regrown hair.

I've decided to try TB 500 and BPC 157 and to forget about Ostarine for now.
I think adding EQ is a good idea, especially with the martial arts and combat training. It’s an excellent performance and endurance booster. I wouldn’t do anything with the Anavar just yet. Maybe start at 200 mg on the EQ and see how it progresses. Remember EQ has an extremely long half life, so most guys run a 16 to 20 week cycle when it’s added. And it will be in the system for an additional 6 weeks after stopping. Just be sure to give blood like every 4 weeks or get blood work to make sure hematocrit doesn’t get too high. But with your style of cross training workout EQ is a great add on.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think adding EQ is a good idea, especially with the martial arts and combat training. It’s an excellent performance and endurance booster. I wouldn’t do anything with the Anavar just yet. Maybe start at 200 mg on the EQ and see how it progresses. Remember EQ has an extremely long half life, so most guys run a 16 to 20 week cycle when it’s added. And it will be in the system for an additional 6 weeks after stopping. Just be sure to give blood like every 4 weeks or get blood work to make sure hematocrit doesn’t get too high. But with your style of cross training workout EQ is a great add on.
Eq is a perfect drug with your style of training along with anaver and tbol but I think it may be too late yo add in because it's going to take a minimum of 4 but mostly likely 6 before it starts having any affect. It's really only worth doing om a 16-20 week cycle and you have to deploy it week 1

Bon20

Awards
Eq is a perfect drug with your style of training along with anaver and tbol but I think it may be too late yo add in because it's going to take a minimum of 4 but mostly likely 6 before it starts having any affect. It's really only worth doing om a 16-20 week cycle and you have to deploy it week 1
I'm currently on a mild 12-week cycle, though I could extend it to 16 or 20 weeks. However, having already completed week 2 and about to start week 3, it might be too late to make changes. The testosterone is already making a noticeable difference in my strength training, and I expect the addition of Anavar will provide an extra boost.

Perhaps it's wiser to wait until the next cycle to include EQ, allowing for better planning. My primary goal was to get some relief for my knees. I wear knee sleeves during training, especially for MMA and BJJ, where a lot of floor work is involved. My knees tend to hurt when I walk or rest on them. Also, striking pads with my knees can be painful and hampers my performance.

Bon20

Awards
Sunday 12/11-2023: Day 7 of Week 2

I continued with 80mg of testosterone and plan to reduce it to 50mg starting Monday.

Morning Regimen:
  • 80mg Test C
  • 250iu HCG
Meal Plan:
  • Morning:
    • 60g warm oatmeal
    • 30g protein
    • 2 soft-boiled eggs
    • 15g almonds
  • Late Breakfast/Afternoon Meal:
    • 580g raw weight steamed broccoli, scallions, and radishes
    • 110g tuna in water
    • 100g raw weight rice, cooked as pilaf
  • Snack:
    • 50g herring in oil
  • Dinner:
    • 200g cod roe
    • 50g rice paper
  • Late Night Snack:
    • 40g protein powder
    • 60g warm oatmeal
    • 15g dried peanut butter powder
  • 176g protein
  • 232g carbohydrates
  • 68g fat
  • Total: 2247 KCAL
Today's meals were satisfying. Next week, I plan to include chicken and other proteins for variety. Tuna, cod roe, and herring are my go-to choices when I'm short on time. I also need to purchase high-quality cacao powder for drinks. I usually use 10-20g per drink, which sometimes results in me feeling euphoric until lunch the next day.

I'm considering whether my daily intake of approximately 2200 KCAL is too low for my level of physical activity. So far, it's been manageable, but it's something I'm keeping an eye on.

Strength Training:
No strength training today.

No combat sports today.

I felt good today. The swelling and moon face have subsided, with just a bit of puffiness under my eyes, which is diminishing. I have some dark and reddish streaks that appeared with my bloating.

I experienced a bit of Testosterone fever in recent weeks, but it's subsided. Now, I have a slight cold and a runny nose, which I hope will clear up soon.

I spent the day researching scalp treatments to maintain and potentially regrow hair. I've also been contemplating whether to shave my head to 2-4mm. This would simplify applying Minoxidil, oils, and doing microneedling, which is part of my plan to maintain and regrow hair. However, I'm still considering this decision.

This is a brief overview of my current weekly routine regarding training and diet. I'll provide a shorter update from next week and try to take new pictures weekly, preferably on Saturdays, as I have been doing.

It was a good day, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Bon20

Awards
Monday 13/11-2023: Week 3

What a day – I've caught a cold and am running a slight fever.

I've reduced my testosterone dose to 50mg. It feels odd to inject so much less; it almost seems like not enough is getting into my muscles. I know it's just my mind playing tricks on me.

Morning Regimen:
  • 50mg Test C
Meal Plan: I won't detail my meals today. I'll resume that when it becomes more noteworthy again. Today, my appetite was low, and I forgot to eat at times, but I still managed to meet my caloric needs by the end of the day.
  • 180g protein
  • 237g carbohydrates
  • 51g fat
  • Total: 2150 KCAL
Strength Training:
  • Overhead Press: 5x5 at 112.4 lbs
  • Bench Press: 10x3 at 149.9 lbs
  • Back-off set bench: 136.6 lbs for 12 reps
  • Seated Cable Pec Dec:
    • 99.2 lbs for 12 reps (2 sets)
    • 79.3 lbs for 12 reps (2 sets)
  • Cable Tricep Push Down:
    • 260 lbs for 13, 11, and 8 reps
  • No combat sports today.
I felt lethargic and struggled through strength training. I had the physical strength but lacked mental drive, likely due to my illness.

I also skipped combat sports to avoid spreading my cold and because I didn’t want to train while feeling sluggish.

Today, I weighed in at 168.8 lbs. The rapid weight loss is probably due to fluid loss. Drinking water led to immediate bathroom trips, but later, when I had water with electrolytes, I retained fluids better. It's odd since I consume plenty of minerals through Himalayan or unrefined sea salt and my diet in general. I suspect it's more related to my illness than an electrolyte issue.

I've received my hair products and will start using them tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

Despite the challenges, it turned out to be a good day overall.

Bon20

Awards
Tuesday 14/11-2023: Week 3

Another hectic day, but an improvement overall.

I started with 50mg of testosterone, which still feels like a small amount, but that's likely just my perception.

Morning Regimen:
  • 50mg Test C
  • 250iu HCG
Meal Plan: Today's meals were better distributed, and eating was easier.
  • 178g protein
  • 257g carbohydrates
  • 51g fat
  • Total: 2236 KCAL
Strength Training:
  • Squats: 198.4 lbs, 10x3
  • RDL: 194 lbs, 5x5
  • Pendlay Row: 149.9 lbs, 5x5
  • 1 hour of Thai boxing
I'm still under the weather but felt less feverish and my cold symptoms improved by evening.

In strength training, despite being sick, I felt strong. The squats, RDL, and rows felt surprisingly light, especially the rows – they seemed effortless.

I'm contemplating whether to significantly increase the weights or to continue with gradual increments. After adding around 22 lbs to my squats, they still felt explosive.

It might be wise to refer to my previous cycle notes and adjust the weights closer to what I lifted back then. The quick regain of strength might be related to muscle memory.

I had to cut my strength training short as my father’s girlfriend called with some issues she needed to discuss.

The Thai boxing class was uneventful and ended quickly. I'm amazed by the poor fitness levels of many younger participants. Even before I was on testosterone, I seemed to outpace them. It makes me wonder if our generation and the next produce less testosterone than our ancestors, leading to a less resilient and more complacent mindset.

At 39, I still outperform most in the club.

Overall, it was a good day. I feel well-balanced, and my estrogen levels seem stable. I'm not easily swayed emotionally and can handle situations without them affecting my mood.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tuesday 14/11-2023: Week 3

Another hectic day, but an improvement overall.

I started with 50mg of testosterone, which still feels like a small amount, but that's likely just my perception.

Morning Regimen:
  • 50mg Test C
  • 250iu HCG
Meal Plan: Today's meals were better distributed, and eating was easier.
  • 178g protein
  • 257g carbohydrates
  • 51g fat
Strength Training:
  • Squats: 198.4 lbs, 10x3
  • RDL: 194 lbs, 5x5
  • Pendlay Row: 149.9 lbs, 5x5
  • 1 hour of Thai boxing
I'm still under the weather but felt less feverish and my cold symptoms improved by evening.

In strength training, despite being sick, I felt strong. The squats, RDL, and rows felt surprisingly light, especially the rows – they seemed effortless.

I'm contemplating whether to significantly increase the weights or to continue with gradual increments. After adding around 22 lbs to my squats, they still felt explosive.

It might be wise to refer to my previous cycle notes and adjust the weights closer to what I lifted back then. The quick regain of strength might be related to muscle memory.

I had to cut my strength training short as my father’s girlfriend called with some issues she needed to discuss.

The Thai boxing class was uneventful and ended quickly. I'm amazed by the poor fitness levels of many younger participants. Even before I was on testosterone, I seemed to outpace them. It makes me wonder if our generation and the next produce less testosterone than our ancestors, leading to a less resilient and more complacent mindset.

At 39, I still outperform most in the club.

Overall, it was a good day. I feel well-balanced, and my estrogen levels seem stable. I'm not easily swayed emotionally and can handle situations without them affecting my mood.
It always feels good when you can outperform the younger bucks. I don’t know if they produce less testosterone, but I do know the younger generation workers at my company just don’t seem to have the same drive that my generation and my kids’ generation (all my kids are in their 30s), they want something without earning it. So if they have that lack of drive at work, there is a good chance it’s the same in the gym. Now I’m not saying all of them, but there is a lot without that drive.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It always feels good when you can outperform the younger bucks. I don’t know if they produce less testosterone, but I do know the younger generation workers at my company just don’t seem to have the same drive that my generation and my kids’ generation (all my kids are in their 30s), they want something without earning it. So if they have that lack of drive at work, there is a good chance it’s the same in the gym. Now I’m not saying all of them, but there is a lot without that drive.
That's where I really notice me outgoing the younger generation is at work. They're all tired and ready to quit and I'm still going strong

Bon20

Awards
I've had the same experience. I believe it's related to a sense of security. They don’t really need to work hard for anything; if things go wrong, their parents cover their living expenses. Additionally, in the country where I live, many young people have master's degrees and can earn $200-300 an hour just by pressing some buttons.

However, it's worth noting that there are also some commendable young individuals among them.

Bon20

Awards
Wednesday 15/11-2023: Reflections on Weight, Functionality, and Definition

I couldn't resist stepping on the scale today, even though I planned to wait until next week.

Today, I weighed in at 171.7lbs, which seems like a good sign. This weight is realistic – not too high or too low.

I'm unsure about the ideal weight loss target. Perhaps 163 lbs would be an optimal and functional weight for me. However, to achieve a very defined body, I might need to lose more. One concern with significant weight loss is the reduction of fat and fluid around joints. I remember cutting down to 149.9lbs previously and feeling very stiff and tense, which hindered my martial arts performance. My sweet spot was between 158.7lbs and 163lbs, where I had a functional weight, trained well in martial arts, and didn't get injured easily.

During my last cycle, I gained more than 22lbs, some of which is likely water and fat. But I haven't lost any of it yet. I believe I'll look more defined than before at a weight range of 158.7lbs to 163lbs.

However, these are just numbers. The most important indicator is the mirror.

Optimally, I might do one more cutting cycle after this, or something akin to leangains. I don't plan on doing more bulking cycles.

Additionally, I'm considering microneedling my stomach and chest area to tighten the skin and enhance definition.

I plan to microneedle my scalp this Friday evening and my stomach on Saturday after strength training. This timing allows me to wear my strength training belt during squats and deadlifts and gives some healing time before my next training session on Monday.

Bon20

Awards
Wednesday 15/11-2023: Week 3

Today was a quiet day. I'm still slightly cold but feeling better.

Morning Regimen:
  • 50mg Test C
Meal Plan: Today's meals were enjoyable and well-balanced.
  • 177g protein
  • 264g carbohydrates
  • 58g fat
Strength Training:
  • No strength training today
  • 1 hour of MMA
  • 1 hour and 30 minutes of Thai boxing
I'm still dealing with a cold and not at my best.

Despite this, it was a good and tranquil day. I thought about doing some arm training between MMA and Thai boxing but decided against it to stay fresh for Thai boxing. In my last cycle, excessive upper body training sometimes left my arms too fatigued for Thai boxing and sparring.

The MMA session went well. I'm not great at ground game, which most prefer in MMA, so I rely on Thai boxing and boxing techniques to maintain distance. This approach has been effective and improves my Thai boxing and boxing skills.

I trained with someone last Friday who was impressed by how quickly I picked up the back kick, a result of practicing that on MMA practitioners.

Thai boxing was also good, with solid energy throughout.

I'm skipping boxing this week to avoid overtraining. However, I plan to do at least one Tabata session this week or next. My fitness level is decent, but Tabata adds an extra edge. I've found that just one Tabata session per week or even per month can significantly boost my endurance during 2-3 minute sparring rounds.

Bon20

Awards
Thursday 16/11-2023: Week 3

Another good day, though I'm still battling a cold.

Morning Regimen:
  • 50mg Test C
  • 250iu HCG
Meal Plan: Today's meals were both enjoyable and well-balanced.

• 184g protein
  • 253g carbohydrates
  • 54g fat
  • Total: 2238 KCAL
Strength Training:
  • Bench Press: 185.2 lbs, 5 sets of 5 reps
  • Backoff set bench press: 154.3 lbs, 1 set of 12 reps
  • Overhead Press: 105.8 lbs, 10 sets of 3 reps
  • Seated Cable Pec Fly:
    • 99.2 lbs for 15, 12, and 11 reps
    • 79.4 lbs for 11 reps
  • Cable Tricep Push Down:
    • 279.9 lbs for 12 reps
    • 260.1 lbs for 12 and 10 reps
  • 1 hour of Thai boxing
My cold is improving, but I'm still not fully recovered.

In strength training, I referred to my old notes and focused on improving my bench and overhead press. I lifted about 22lbs less than my last cycle's peak, but it was still a substantial challenge. Next session, I plan to increase the weights significantly.

After the bench press, I experienced a heat sensation in my head, similar to what I've felt when nearing overtraining with deadlifts. This could be due to recent deconditioning or lack of sleep, as I've been staying up late researching microneedling procedures.

Thai boxing went well. My partner was quite new, so I encouraged him to push himself, and we practiced some effective techniques. He thanked me afterwards, affirming my approach.

I could feel the impact of the bench press on my arms during Thai boxing, a sensation I haven't experienced in a while, indicating the right amount of weight increase.

Looking forward to Saturday's deadlift session. However, I'm reconsidering my approach to heavy squats, as they're quite exhausting. I'm thinking about switching to 3x3 or 5x3 for squats, which would still be challenging but with fewer reps. My legs don't necessarily need more strength or size, so I might continue with 5x5 until I find a better solution.

Overall, it was a productive day, and I'm excited for tomorrow's faster-paced training.

Last edited:

Bon20

Awards
Friday 17/11-2023: Week 3

It's been another good day, though I'm still dealing with a cold.

Morning Regimen:
  • 50mg Test C
Meal Plan: Today's meals were both enjoyable and well-balanced.
  • 173g protein
  • 255g carbohydrates
  • 64g fat
  • Total: 2293 KCAL
Strength Training:
  • No strength training today.
  • 1 hour of Thai boxing
  • 1 hour of Thai boxing sparring
My cold is persistent and won't ease up.

Today's Thai boxing session, led by one of the skilled trainers who also teaches kickboxing techniques, was energetic and fulfilling.

During the Thai boxing sparring, I was a bit anxious about performing well due to my cold. However, it went really well. I've received several compliments and inquiries about technique, which is encouraging, though I believe I still have a long way to go in Thai boxing. Next week, I plan to focus more on improving my left leg kicks.

Physically, I'm not sure if I'm bloated - maybe slightly. I've noticed some red and dark marks under my eyes, which could be a sign of bloating or could be attributed to combat sports. My skin is quite sensitive, and I understand that testosterone cycles can reduce collagen synthesis in joints and skin, possibly making my skin more vulnerable or slow to heal.

Overall, it was a positive day. I'm now prepared to microneedle my scalp to encourage hair growth and my stomach to tighten the skin.

From what I've read in various logs, people using minoxidil and finasteride haven't grown new hair during their cycles but have managed to minimize or halt hair loss, with hair regrowth typically occurring post-cycle. Therefore, I don't have high expectations for hair growth while on this cycle.

Bon20

Awards
Saturday 18/11-2023: Week 3

I'm still dealing with a cold.

Morning Regimen:
  • 50mg Test C
  • 250iu HCG
Meal Plan:

The meals were well-distributed today. I felt hungrier, likely due to delaying lunch, but managed to have 30g of protein powder, 2 bananas, and 3 eggs as snacks before and after training. Lunch and dinner were combined into a late meal.

• 174g protein
  • 251g carbohydrates
  • 58g fat
  • Total: 2238 KCAL
Strength Training:
  • Squats: 5x5 at 260.1 lbs
  • Deadlift: 1x5 at 385.8 lbs
  • Standing EZ Bar Curls: 59.5 lbs for varying reps across sets
  • Cable Tricep Push Down: 260.1 lbs for 3 sets of 13 reps, then 1 set of 12 reps
  • No training today.
My persistent cold is becoming frustrating.

Regarding food on training days like today, I need to remember to bring snacks for energy during heavy squats and deadlifts. Today's choice was bananas and eggs.

I increased the weights significantly in today's training and felt challenged but capable. The last squat set was tough, but I managed to perform explosively. The final deadlift rep was particularly challenging, yet achievable. Due to my cold, I couldn't use my usual breathing techniques for aggression, which impacted my performance.

I'm considering trying smelling salts for lifting motivation.

Many in the gym have the misconception that strength training slows you down in combat sports, I don’t find it accurate. Many fast and explosive athletes incorporate strength training into their regimen. It's about conditioning the body for explosiveness.

Today, I weighed in at 171.078 lbs. I also felt some pain in my shin during Friday's sparring, which could be a sign of insufficient calorie intake for the amount of physical activity. I'm monitoring this and will adjust if needed.

Attached are today's photos, including one of my chest, where I noticed some puffiness in the morning that subsided later. I'm undecided about starting Nolva due to this.

Attachments

Bon20

Awards
About Microneedling

Today, I microneedled my scalp and stomach.

The scalp treatment went really well and yielded the expected results. I plan to apply Minoxidil tomorrow or Monday, taking care to avoid any side effects.

The experience with my stomach was quite different. I don't believe the needle penetrated my skin effectively. I used anesthesia, anticipating pain, but surprisingly, there was little discomfort. However, my stomach turned red after a while, yet there was no pinpoint bleeding, which is typically indicative of reaching the Dermis layer. Next time, I'll try without anesthesia and will investigate why there was no bleeding.

I used the highest setting of 2.5mm, thinking perhaps my fat layer could be a factor. However, the fat is underneath the Dermis, so it shouldn't have impacted the needling process. I'll research more and continue to document with photos to see if there's a reduction in loose skin over time.

Attachments

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks like your cycle is going well….you’ve cut some fat, and looks like you have added some muscle as well. By the looks of your nipples, you may have some gyno. Nolva may help, but if you could get Ralox it’s probably the best at reducing gyno.