Unanswered My blood pressure is considered “prehypertension” I’m 30 years old on TRT. Worried, what do I do?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
I have been on TRT for 3 years now

I have a blood pressure reading of 126/86

Reading online I am classified as pre hypertension / at risk.

I donate blood every 3-6 months

I’m not overweight

I have restively low body fat for my age

My diet isn’t terrible. The last 4 weeks I’ve been eating a ton of veggies, low sodium etc

Does anyone have a similar experience? Not sure what to do

Cheers

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Not able to edit because it keeps telling me to select a prefix not sure what that means

But the reading was taken at a pharmacy after walking around the mall for about an hour and a half

I’m 6’ 185

Just turned 30

120mg year E
1000iu HCG
1mg adex

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I dont think that blood pressure reading is anything to be concerned about. Im convinced they come up with the bp guidelines so they can sell more bp medication.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I mean it’s important but I’d say the 2nd number is most important because that has to do with how much your heart and arteries relax after every beat.

Get your estrogen checked, low estrogen can cause arterial stiffening. The 126 isn’t bad, the 86 isn’t good though.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
I mean it’s important but I’d say the 2nd number is most important because that has to do with how much your heart and arteries relax after every beat.

Get your estrogen checked, low estrogen can cause arterial stiffening. The 126 isn’t bad, the 86 isn’t good though.
My e2 was checked a few weeks ago it’s at 32 pg/ml

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’d say possibly try upping your Aden dose just a little bit and see if it improves

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Lower your weekly test to 100mg's.
Lower your hcg to 500mcg's weekly. 250 twice per week.
1mg of adex per week should be fine. If you are not dividing the adex dose, consider doing so.
Eat 2-4 stalks of celery per day. I blend mine up with chocolate protein powder and either peanut or almond butter to start my day.
Take fish oil.
Cardio, Cardio, Cardio. Doesn't have to be crazy. 30 minutes walking on treadmill will do you well.
Water, water and more fucking water. Drink at least a gallon per day.

For the record, you BP as it stands isn't what I'd consider dangerous. Also, was that reading done after training? Caffeine?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Lower your weekly test to 100mg's.
Lower your hcg to 500mcg's weekly. 250 twice per week.
1mg of adex per week should be fine. If you are not dividing the adex dose, consider doing so.
Eat 2-4 stalks of celery per day. I blend mine up with chocolate protein powder and either peanut or almond butter to start my day.
Take fish oil.
Cardio, Cardio, Cardio. Doesn't have to be crazy. 30 minutes walking on treadmill will do you well.

For the record, you BP as it stands isn't what I'd consider dangerous. Also, was that reading done after training? Caffeine?
That reading was done after coffee

I’m really bad with water, constantly dehydrated

My doc wants me to stay at 120 / 1000 cuz we r trying to have a kid soon and he likes where my T is sitting.

I’m getting married Saturday so stress may be a factor. gonna look into buying celery seed extract

I split my adex into .5 twice a week

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you got bp checked at pharmacy….did you have a person at pharmacy trained to do bp readings check it, or put your arm in one of those machines?

those machines don't get calibrated as often as they should, and are known to be inaccurate.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
you got bp checked at pharmacy….did you have a person at pharmacy trained to do bp readings check it, or put your arm in one of those machines?

those machines don't get calibrated as often as they should, and are known to be inaccurate.
Tried three different machines at two different pharmacies

The second one I tried was

147/95 first reading
121/81 second reading
120/79 third reading

Third machine

148/90 first
123/81 second
120/80 third
120/79 fourth

Not sure why first reading is massive every time but with a few readings I’m pretty consistent around 120-124 / 79-83

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have absolutely nothing to worry about with that BP. You mention being a bit dehydrated and that can absolutely have an effect.

The best thing to do is 1) stop worrying 2) get a little monitor for home where you can take an accurate reading by being still for 3-5 min.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have absolutely nothing to worry about with that BP. You mention being a bit dehydrated and that can absolutely have an effect.

The best thing to do is 1) stop worrying 2) get a little monitor for home where you can take an accurate reading by being still for 3-5 min.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

this

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Eat 2-4 stalks of celery per day.
You can skip this step (although plenty of celery is good) if you want by taking NOW Supplements Celery Seed Extract. I take this for my BP along with Now Supplements Blood Pressure Health

I also take NOW Supplements Ultra Omega-3 Molecularly Distilled and Enteric Coated. It's super high quality and free of mercury and PCBs. Since it's enteric coated it doesn't upset your stomach either. Along with that, I take Vitamin K Triple Play (Vitamin K2 MK7 / Vitamin K2 MK4 / Vitamin K1). It has three forms of Vitamin K and that helps very much with the cardiovascular system along with thinning the blood. There's also a great multi for people with heart, bp and cholesterol issued. It's called HeartScience by Source Naturals. The list of stuff to help with the cardiovascular system is too long to list, so I'll just post a link to the ingredients.

There's also an excellent article from Life Extension - HEALTH PROTOCOLS - High Blood Pressure. They give an overview of the pharmaceutical treatments, natural treatments, exercise that can help and probably some things you haven't even considered.

Take fish oil.

Also great suggestions. Make sure your sodium content is as low as you can take it down too. Take extra potassium to help level it out. For example:

The American Heart Association recommends no more than 2,300 milligrams (mg) a day and moving toward an ideal limit of no more than 1,500 mg per day for most adults.
Source: How much sodium should I eat per day?How much sodium should I eat per day?

Reduce or eliminate any stimulants you're taking, and absolutely drink as much water as you can. And don't forget to take a look at your resting pulse rate. If your pulse is constantly high, that can be an indicator of something else going on. Pick yourself up an Omron Blood Pressure Monitor for home use. It will also check your pulse. It's cool because you can bluetooth link it to your phone and keep a chart of how you're BP is doing anytime you take it.

If you order any of this stuff, make sure you have Honey installed to find you the best coupon codes and discounts on Amazon.

Also, finally remember, this is a serious problem. None of us here are doctors, so if this continues unabated, you need to see a real MD about it.

Good luck bro,

SS

Last edited:
drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
You can skip this step (although plenty of celery is good) if you want by taking NOW Supplements Celery Seed Extract. I take this for my BP along with Now Supplements Blood Pressure Health

I also take NOW Supplements Ultra Omega-3 Molecularly Distilled and Enteric Coated. It's super high quality and free of mercury and PCBs. Since it's enteric coated it doesn't upset your stomach either. Along with that, I take Vitamin K Triple Play (Vitamin K2 MK7 / Vitamin K2 MK4 / Vitamin K1). It has three forms of Vitamin K and that helps very much with the cardiovascular system along with thinning the blood. There's also a great multi for people with heart, bp and cholesterol issued. It's called HeartScience by Source Naturals. The list of stuff to help with the cardiovascular system is too long to list, so I'll just post a link to the ingredients.

There's also an excellent article from Life Extension - HEALTH PROTOCOLS - High Blood Pressure. They give an overview of the pharmaceutical treatments, natural treatments, exercise that can help and probably some things you haven't even considered.

Also great suggestions. Make sure your sodium content is as low as you can take it down too. Take extra potassium to help level it out. For example:

Source: How much sodium should I eat per day?How much sodium should I eat per day?

Reduce or eliminate any stimulants you're taking, and absolutely drink as much water as you can. And don't forget to take a look at your resting pulse rate. If your pulse is constantly high, that can be an indicator of something else going on. Pick yourself up an Omron Blood Pressure Monitor for home use. It will also check your pulse. It's cool because you can bluetooth link it to your phone and keep a chart of how you're BP is doing anytime you take it.

If you order any of this stuff, make sure you have Honey[/url installed to find you the best coupon codes and discounts on Amazon.
Also, finally remember, this is a serious problem. None of us here are doctors, so if this continues unabated, you need to see a real MD about it.
Good luck bro,
SS
My pulse in the morning is always 55-70 BPM.

During the day it can be anywhere from 80-90bpm, I’ve read that this is within normal standards.

Whenever I wake up it’s always within 60bpm

Not sure if I should be worried about that.

I’m gonna try out some of the stuff you recommended when I get back from my wedding on the 16th and just hope I don’t die in the meantime lol.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
My pulse in the morning is always 55-70 BPM.

During the day it can be anywhere from 80-90bpm, I’ve read that this is within normal standards.

Whenever I wake up it’s always within 60bpm

Not sure if I should be worried about that.

I’m gonna try out some of the stuff you recommended when I get back from my wedding on the 16th and just hope I don’t die in the meantime lol.
That pulse rate is perfectly fine within normal levels. I went to a doc today and my pulse rate was 120 and they were very concerned. But, I had just slammed a Monster Rehab not too long before and I vape.

A normal resting heart rate for adults ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute.

Generally, a lower heart rate at rest implies more efficient heart function and better cardiovascular fitness. For example, a well-trained athlete might have a normal resting heart rate closer to 40 beats per minute.
Source: Mayo Clinic

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
The AMA also has a handy chart for BP and what's high and what's normal.

Source: Understanding Blood Pressure Readings

So, based on what you posted above you're pretty much good. Some of those numbers with elevated levels were high from the different BP readers you used, but could be false positives, due to nervousness, too much caffeine intake beforehand or any number of factors. The vast majority were in range though.

Definintly buy a home unit. Get one with the actual cuff, like I recommended from Omron as they make the best BP monitors and were recommended by Consumer Reports.

Last edited:
StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also, I just wanted to mention one last thing, not specifically to you @drejb, but I've noticed a lot of members here have the idea that aspirin lowers BP. I could make a separate thread on that if anyone was interested in it from a scientific viewpoint.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My BP is chilling around 145 on a daily basis lol. You’re pretty good don’t worry

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh I thought you had it manually checked, get that **** done by a pro or at least someone who knows their **** lol. After coffee and walking around? Those results are prolly all sorts of fucked lol take them with a grain of salt. Get a home BP monitor and check it daily

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get yourself some carditone. I take half a tablet every other night, and my BP is now in normal range. Believe it or not, blueberry extract works extremely well also.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Get yourself some carditone. I take half a tablet every other night, and my BP is now in normal range. Believe it or not, blueberry extract works extremely well also.
I’ve been thinking about carditone... it really works? My BP has been sitting In the 140ish for a good while and not that it’s stressing me out but if something that simple could fix it Ill buy it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hawthorne, garlic, and agmatine all work well. Also, naringin and nattokinase are great TRT additions.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’ve been thinking about carditone... it really works? My BP has been sitting In the 140ish for a good while and not that it’s stressing me out but if something that simple could fix it Ill buy it.
Carditone worked better than my actual prescription. I researched everything about it, before to decided to ditch the pharma route for something more natural. Google it and see for yourself. It literally put me within normal range in two days. I also utilize bulk blueberry powder daily, which is proven to lower BP. I went from comparable numbers like yours, to 113 over 73 range.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Carditone worked better than my actual prescription. I researched everything about it, before to decided to ditch the pharma route for something more natural. Google it and see for yourself. It literally put me within normal range in two days. I also utilize bulk blueberry powder daily, which is proven to lower BP. I went from comparable numbers like yours, to 113 over 73 range.
Thanks I’ll buy some and see for myself!

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Doesn’t look like it’s available easily in Canada. Are there a lot of ingredients?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Doesn’t look like it’s available easily in Canada. Are there a lot of ingredients?
A handful of ingredients, but the heavy lifter is the Rauwolfia serpentine. It's strong and it works fast.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So the day you mentioned this, I went up to the store and bought some to try out. That was 2 days ago and today I took my resting BP and it was already 8pts lower on systolic than it's been averaging for the last however many years.

This stuff is crazy.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bro, just pick up a BP monitor from any local pharmacy store for home use. Take it every morning right after you wake up. Before getting your day started, or having any coffee

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So the day you mentioned this, I went up to the store and bought some to try out. That was 2 days ago and today I took my resting BP and it was already 8pts lower on systolic than it's been averaging for the last however many years.

This stuff is crazy.
What did you buy?

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Your pressure is damn near perfect I wouldn’t pay any mind to it

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

This stuff is crazy.
Dante said it actually builds up so you need to monitor it to make sure it doesn’t get too low (some people are hyper-responders). Generally you can lower dose after a bit to maintain levels.

I used it last bulk. Gained over 12lbs, loaded up on DHT orals like Superdiol, and bp went down 8 points with one tab/day.

It works.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, I took BP today after resting a few minutes and it was 116/71 where I normally am 126-128/75.

I am honestly in disbelief at how well this works. I am going to back off to one every other day.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Carditone works amazingly well. I take one cap every other night now. One cap is strong and may drop you too low, if taken every night. Sometimes a half a cap (pill cutter) works instead of skipping nights.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
There were no serious adverse events, but 30% of participants withdrew citing potential side effects, most commonly nasal congestion or fatigue; most participants who reported nasal congestion also reported concomitant seasonal allergies. Adherence to the supplement was 90.9%.
That's a shame. As a nasal allergy sufferer, the stuff probably wouldn't sit well with me. So, I'll keep to my HeartScience by Source Naturals. That, along with the other supplements I'm taking help with my BP quite a bit.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So some people that already suffer from allergies reported being congested. Lol. Yeah, I think it's safe to say that will not deter me.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started taking BP meds at your age with the same reading. Taking olmesartan which has literally no sides for me. Now my BP is 120/60 usually.

Any reading where the diastolic portion is around 90, can be worrisome. Mine kept fluctuating between 80-90.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been on TRT for 3 years now

I have a blood pressure reading of 126/86

Reading online I am classified as pre hypertension / at risk.

I donate blood every 3-6 months

I’m not overweight

I have restively low body fat for my age

My diet isn’t terrible. The last 4 weeks I’ve been eating a ton of veggies, low sodium etc

Does anyone have a similar experience? Not sure what to do

Cheers

I'm not a doctor but that seems like a pretty average BP reading to me.

How much cardio do you do? Even 20 minutes of light cardio 4-5 days a week would most likely do the trick.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established

If you order any of this stuff, make sure you have Honey installed to find you the best coupon codes and discounts on Amazon.

Good luck bro,

SS
What is your dose for celery seed extract?

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dealing with high Diastolic so this thread is much appreciated.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Gonna have to add this in, I don’t think orange triad has it in it